PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION - Do you see Triple H possibly aligning with Vince and Batista?

Heyman
02-26-2010, 06:12 PM
QUESTION - Do you see Triple H possibly aligning with Vince and Batista?

Like at Wrestlemania?...or shortly after that?

With...

Degeneration X dead as of right now
Triple H being friends with Batista
Triple H being Vince's son in law
Triple H having no love loss for Bret Hart
Triple H NOT being in the World/WWE title hunt after so many years
Do you think it makes sense, kayfabe-wise, for Triple H to re-align his penis with Vince and Batista? What if at Wrestlemania, Triple H won the MITB?....and then cashed in and defeated Cena momentarily after Cena defeated Batista? What if Vince got Triple H to help him defeat Bret at Mania? What if HHH-Vince-Batista formed a new 3 man power trip in the WWE? Triple H was the World Champion of RAW, while Vince and HHH would help Batista defeat (Edge?) to become the new WWE champion of Smackdown.

thedamndest
02-26-2010, 06:24 PM
It does make good sense, especially if Orton becomes a full-on face. The faces usually have each other's backs and I couldn't see Orton and HHH ever doing that with Orton's history of punting HHH's in-laws.

Heyman
02-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Now that Edge and Orton have both turned face, the WWE could use another top-tier guy as a heel. Could it be Shawn Michaels? Perhaps. However - I think Triple H could be more interesting. Imagine if at some point, you saw Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart having a common enemy in Triple H, Batista, and Vince. (ooooooh!)

Heyman
02-26-2010, 06:28 PM
It does make good sense, especially if Orton becomes a full-on face. The faces usually have each other's backs and I couldn't see Orton and HHH ever doing that with Orton's history of punting HHH's in-laws.

Well, to be honest, The Rock and Hulk Hogan became good friends after Wrestlemania 18....shortly after Hogan and the n.W.o. tried to run over The Rock with a truck. :p

thedamndest
02-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah, true. And Orton will probably become an "uneasy ally" of John Cena, even though he kicked Mr. Cena in the head, so that's pretty much the same thing I guess. John Cena the character just seems more forgiving than HHH does because he's the uber babyface.

Innovator
02-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah IT'S TIME for The Game again, the fun loving face HHH has run its course.

If he aligns with Batista and Vince, it could bring HBK out of retirement after he loses to Taker.

Heyman
02-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Definitely.

Speaking heel turns and face turns, I wonder if it's possible (or even advisable) to make Sheamus face shortly after Wrestlemania...or even before. Sheamus has some pretty cool music, and so it shouldn't be overly difficult to get the fans to cheer him.

One reason why I was considering a Sheamus face turn, was because it doesn't seem like the WWE can really go anywhere with him as a heel...now that he's dropped the title. As a face, the WWE can have him go up against guys like Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, or Ted Dibiase at some point.

Loose Cannon
02-26-2010, 07:32 PM
wouldn't mind the HHH turn at all. it would shake things up a little and actualy makes sense. I just am really over the whole Mr. McMahon character. I kind of hate how if Vince is a heel, the top heels almost have to be on his side. I don't mind him coming back as a heel every so often, but please, no more "Vince's henchmen" type deals.

Maybe give a retired wrestler (one of the backstage guys) that lead "owner/GM" type role.

St. Jimmy
02-26-2010, 07:33 PM
It would be fantastic but I don't see it happening at this time.

St. Jimmy
02-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Also:
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ww-o--ZaW5M&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ww-o--ZaW5M&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

VSG
02-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Now that Edge and Orton have both turned face, the WWE could use another top-tier guy as a heel. Could it be Shawn Michaels? Perhaps. However - I think Triple H could be more interesting. Imagine if at some point, you saw Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart having a common enemy in Triple H, Batista, and Vince. (ooooooh!)

Wait did I miss the Orton face turn??

Anyway great plan, and I hope he is involved in the WWE championship given that there has been a triple threat championship match in 3 of the last 4 WM.

Favre4Ever
02-26-2010, 09:41 PM
This idea seems familiar...just sub in Batista for Austin.

Volchok
02-26-2010, 09:50 PM
I want Orton to be a tweener, beat faces and heels. I feel it'd be the best thing for him.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Triple H as a heel is something that until recently, I felt would freshen him up tremendously. Then I actually think about how well he has embraced being a face. There are times where I could still almost see myself trying to care about him as a heroic entity in the world of professional wrestling. Especially if he entered a feud with a heel Shawn Michaels, or something. I'd also like to see face Triple H vs. heel William Regal.

But, can you imagine how much sale a Shawn Michaels & Bret Hart vs. Triple H & Vince McMahon match would be? Maybe they could turn BOTH Triple H and Shawn Michaels. I'd actually like to see a heel D-Generation X that loses the humour and is all about playing the game. Imagine some sort of "Kliq" stable with Drew McIntyre, Sheamus and the other favourites of Triple H and Shawn Michaels involved.

This goes against what Loose Cannon is saying, but I actually don't mind it when Vince has a group of people working for him. I mean, it's useful for getting guys over, as Vince is a heat machine. I would not mind seeing a modern-day version of the Corporation revived -- with Batista as the centrepiece. It'd basically be all Vince McMahon's "cash cows" joining forces against those who aren't as business-oriented. If you wanted to, you could drag Triple H into that storyline, with Vince appealing to his son-in-law and eventually promising him in the business. Triple H would then reluctantly be the third man to perhaps John Cena and Batista (Cena is a company man, after all) there in promos, with the fans wanting to see him snap and take them both out.

James Steele
02-26-2010, 11:25 PM
I am torn on this issue. I really want to see a heel HBK vs face HHH. Triple H is better as a heel, and he is the greatest heel this side of Rowdy Roddy Piper. I loved the Two-Man Power Trip angle, so a version of it today that would come to a conclusion would be awesome. Also, St. Jimmy is now the top candidate for the 2010 JamesSteele Poster of the Year Award.

Droford
02-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Its not an Evolution..Its a Revolution!

and not that sorry ass one led by Shane Douglas.

Favre4Ever
02-26-2010, 11:39 PM
I am torn on this issue. I really want to see a heel HBK vs face HHH. Triple H is better as a heel, and he is the greatest heel this side of Rowdy Roddy Piper. I loved the Two-Man Power Trip angle, so a version of it today that would come to a conclusion would be awesome. Also, St. Jimmy is now the top candidate for the 2010 JamesSteele Poster of the Year Award.

Despite liking the original two man power trip, the only problem I have with it in today's wrestling scene is that I can't see Triple H taking a back seat to someone else in a stable, being the member without the championship. It was a decent idea at best in 2001, but now it would just sort of be silly.

Favre4Ever
02-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Don't get me wrong though I would probably mark out anyways.

James Steele
02-26-2010, 11:41 PM
Despite liking the original two man power trip, the only problem I have with it in today's wrestling scene is that I can't see Triple H taking a back seat to someone else in a stable, being the member without the championship. It was a decent idea at best in 2001, but now it would just sort of be silly.

:rofl: Who said anything about Triple H being the sidekick? :lol:

Favre4Ever
02-27-2010, 02:12 AM
haha point.

Fox
02-27-2010, 02:30 AM
A Triple H/Batista/McMahon Power Trip sounds like a great idea. Anything to shake up the stale atmosphere of the WWE and give the company as a whole a focal point.

theexample
02-28-2010, 05:19 AM
He could start by destroying Hornswoggle....

Loose Cannon
02-28-2010, 01:34 PM
like I said, I don't mind a Batista/HHH alliance, I just would rather see somebody else behind it rather then Vince. Take like a Harley Race just as an example. Somebody who was a big name in the industry and who makes sense from a storyline standpoint.

Innovator
02-28-2010, 05:08 PM
HHH in theory could take over as the guy behind it. Just play up that Vince sounds off on whatever HHH wants.

Destor
02-28-2010, 05:17 PM
HHH joining into this angle would fall under the over-booking category. after mania to keep it hot...still not even sure it would be nessicary, but to do it before? That would be crazy. Its red hot now. and i dont see it letting up.

Beyond that this Cena/Batista match has been in the works for years and is the biggest "this generation" match possible. the last thing it needs is more memories of wrestling`s past in the mix, vince and hart are a bit much as is.