PDA

View Full Version : If Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas had stayed together as a tag team

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Do you think they'd be ranked up there with the very best of all-time right about now? When it comes time for a guy to go out on his own, it's his time -- and it did feel that way for Shelton Benjamin in 2004. His move to RAW should have led to great things, but unfortunately it didn't.

Charlie Haas, on the other hand, despite still being employed (although after spending some time where he wasn't), has never really taken off. He got a WWE Tag Team Championship title run with Rico, and got to bang two Divas in Miss Jackie and Dawn Marie; but besides that he's mainly be shuffling through tag team partners.

If The World's Greatest Tag Team had remained together, do you think they would be seen as tag team legends right now? There's no doubt they're two of the best in the entire company as far as pure wrestling ability goes, and we never actually got to see a face run as a duo out of them. It's just making me wonder at the moment.

jerichoholicninja
02-27-2010, 10:16 PM
No. Tag wrestling would need to matter for them to be considered anything.

BillyBonez
02-27-2010, 10:36 PM
I think if they stayed together they BOTH would be seen as better right now. Shelton Benjamin is nothing more then a high level jobber right now and Haas is bottom of the picking as well. Together they would have been a solid team for a long time but they probably would be in trouble now because WWE pretty much destroyed tag teams.

screech
02-27-2010, 10:38 PM
A team like them, with such great in-ring ability, could help to reignite the tag division. Also, they aren't just a random pairing like Matt Hardy and Khali (how did that start anyway?), so it could lead to more "real teams" being formed.

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2010, 10:42 PM
SmackDown! has actually got quite a few teams floating around. The Hart Dynasty, Cryme Tyme, The Georgia Boyz, Matt Hardy & Khali and The Dudebusters. If you used WWE NXT to update the tag team division, you could have something pretty good going on.

BillyBonez
02-27-2010, 10:47 PM
SmackDown! has actually got quite a few teams floating around. The Hart Dynasty, Cryme Tyme, The Georgia Boyz, Matt Hardy & Khali and The Dudebusters. If you used WWE NXT to update the tag team division, you could have something pretty good going on.

Maybe I havent been payin attention to Smackdown (I try to watch every week but u know its on a friday so it aint happenin) but I havent heard of The georgia boyz or the dudebusters? Did I miss their debuts?

screech
02-27-2010, 10:50 PM

And on RAW there's DiBiase/Rhodes, MVP/Mark Henry, Goldust/Yoshi Tatsu, Regal/Kozlov (if they're considered a team) and maybe Primo/Bourne (I think they've teamed up a few times).

So that's four (potentially five) teams, plus the five on SD! you mentioned, plus ShowMiz. That's not a bad ten (eleven) team division. If Vince gave a shit about them, we could see some good matches and not have to sit through most of the filler we're seeing.

Anybody Thrilla
02-27-2010, 10:51 PM
The Dudebusters are Trent Baretta and Kaylen Croft...I have no idea who The Georgia Boyz are, though.

Anybody Thrilla
02-27-2010, 10:52 PM
And on RAW there's DiBiase/Rhodes, MVP/Mark Henry, Goldust/Yoshi Tatsu, Regal/Kozlov (if they're considered a team) and maybe Primo/Bourne (I think they've teamed up a few times).

So that's four (potentially five) teams, plus the five on SD! you mentioned, plus ShowMiz. That's not a bad ten (eleven) team division. If Vince gave a shit about them, we could see some good matches and not have to sit through most of the filler we're seeing.

Regal/Kozlov wouldn't be a team, as Kozlov turned face. Kozlov/Santino may be a team eventually, but let's fucking hope not.

screech
02-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Maybe I havent been payin attention to Smackdown (I try to watch every week but u know its on a friday so it aint happenin) but I havent heard of The georgia boyz or the dudebusters? Did I miss their debuts?

The Dudebusters are Caylen Croft and Trent Barreta from ECW.

I am still trying to figure out who the Georgia Boyz are.

Anybody Thrilla
02-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Are the Georgia Boyz Jimmy Yang and Slam Master J?

screech
02-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Regal/Kozlov wouldn't be a team, as Kozlov turned face. Kozlov/Santino may be a team eventually, but let's fucking hope not.

Totally forgot about that. Jackson/Regal maybe? Or are they on separate shows at this point?

Kozlov and Santino are set to be "best friends" on that sitcom we heard about a few weeks back. I would not be surprised (or interested, really) if they started tagging together.

DrA
02-27-2010, 11:06 PM
No because they would have broken up.

Jeritron
02-27-2010, 11:12 PM
The tag team that prays together stays together

Anybody Thrilla
02-27-2010, 11:13 PM
That's true. All it took was for D-Von to become a reverend to reunite the Dudleyz.

Wishbone
02-28-2010, 12:00 AM
it's been said before but I'll say it again vince hates tag-teams so no shelton and haas would probably be even further in the doghouse by now had they stayed a team althow I really kinda liked 'the world's greatest tag-team'

Mr. Nerfect
02-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Are the Georgia Boyz Jimmy Yang and Slam Master J?

Correct. It's not an official name, but Todd Grisham has referred to them by that name in the past.

TheAdamEvansFan
02-28-2010, 09:48 AM
is Todd Grisham still with the WWE? What ever happened to the weekend wrestling shows for WWE? I remember coach use to host one on saturday mornings recapping the week events and then u had heat on sunday nights..

DAMN iNATOR
02-28-2010, 10:36 AM
is Todd Grisham still with the WWE? What ever happened to the weekend wrestling shows for WWE? I remember coach use to host one on saturday mornings recapping the week events and then u had heat on sunday nights..

Velocity, Sunday Night Heat, and The WWE Experience all fell by the wayside several years ago now. The only show that's still on in the weekends is WWE A.M. RAW, a 1-hour recap of the most important developments from WWE's Monday Night flagship show.

But anyway, I don't think either Haas or Benjamin would be seen as legends of a team even if they had 1 or more title runs as a face team. I do think, however, that Haas would be utilized much more and not just as a jobber like he is these days.

TheAdamEvansFan
02-28-2010, 10:45 AM
What channel is WWE Am Raw on? and Shelton needs to lose the blonde if he hasn't already.

James Steele
02-28-2010, 12:05 PM
What channel is WWE Am Raw on? and Shelton needs to lose the blonde if he hasn't already.

USA Network at like 1am CST.

NoRoolz
02-28-2010, 04:51 PM
No. Tag wrestling would need to matter for them to be considered anything.

Them staying together could have done a lot to help tag-team wrestling to mean something.

Mr. Nerfect
02-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Them staying together could have done a lot to help tag-team wrestling to mean something.

This is what I was thinking. Granted, the WWE can't make a division with one tag team, but if they had stayed together, there would have been that one great tag team constantly there. That would inspire the WWE to form more great tag teams to put against them.

Tazz Dan
02-28-2010, 10:40 PM
WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Charlie Haas as of today, February 28, 2010. We wish Charlie Haas the best in all future endeavors.

Yeah, sucks for Chalie.

Heyman
03-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Do you think they'd be ranked up there with the very best of all-time right about now? .

It's tough to really say. On the other hand, both men have a lot of wrestling talent. On the other hand however, neither man really posessed the charisma of the Hardy's, Dudleys, E&C, New Age Outlaws, LOD, etc.

I think the team would have been "up there", but wouldn't have ever been considered the greatest tag team. The lack of charisma would have been their downfall.