PDA

View Full Version : So, is Zack Ryder screwed?

Evil Vito
03-01-2010, 11:45 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm usually not one to get really pissed off or abandon hope on a guy over one match or anything...but seeing Zack Ryder get squashed in a minute by a strict midcarder in MVP doesn't leave me very optimistic about his chances of accomplishing much. I like MVP, and obviously he was the better choice for MITB...but damn, did they really have to give the shitty divas segment more time? That's a shitty way to debut on the "A show".

Not that I'm surprised or anything, when I saw that Zack Ryder had "signed" with Raw I figured he'd get lumped in with Chavo, Carlito, Santino, Masters, and the rest of the Raw undercard comedy brigade. More often than not, being successful on ECW has been proven to be irrelevant when you go to Raw (see: Swagger, Jack and Bourne, Evan)

Out of everyone that was on the ECW roster, I think Ryder was the only one I REALLY wanted to sign with a certain show (SmackDown). I kinda was thinking Ziggler and Ryder would form a tandem or something.

Dunno, just figured I'd vent my frustrations, cause I think Ryder was one of the best things to come out of ECW the past 10 months or so.</font> :mad:

Supreme Olajuwon
03-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Nah chill. He's only 24, and he's still got stuff to work out.

Evil Vito
03-01-2010, 11:57 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm not really talking about his entire career, just the immediate future (say, year or so). Guys get so lost in the shuffle in the Raw undercard, I often forget some guys are even on the roster until they appear in those random backstage vignettes.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
03-01-2010, 11:59 PM
It's certainly not the most constructive way to use Ryder, but RAW is so disjointed the dude could become US Champion next week for all we know.

DAMN iNATOR
03-02-2010, 12:02 AM
I dunno, I'm starting to fear the worst for Ryder, like he may very well end up in the next edition of "future endeavors". Especially given that he lost tonight in about 1-2 minutes for a spot on the WM card, and yeah he does well usually on Superstars, but I think he really needs to figure something out to up his game if he doesn't want to be cut from the roster soon.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Keep in mind just how short Swagger/Santino Marella was, too. Ryder will hopefully be fine. RAW just sucks for matches.

Smokey
03-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Don be mad cause my boy MVP was big time ballin tonight

He woulda woooped all yall

Evil Vito
03-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Keep in mind just how short Swagger/Santino Marella was, too. Ryder will hopefully be fine. RAW just sucks for matches.

<font color=goldenrod>I dunno, I can't really compare it to Swagger/Santino. Santino is obviously just there for comedy. He could lose every single week and not lose any steam. Ryder, however, might actually get hurt from losing so quickly. At least if it woulda been a 1 minute squash to Mark Henry, it wouldn't have had an effect because Henry's supposed to demolish people.</font>

DAMN iNATOR
03-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Don be mad cause my boy MVP was big time ballin tonight

He woulda woooped all yall

I don't mean to be "hatin'" or anything but I was mad stoked when I saw Ryder in the ring preparing for a MitB Qualifier...UNTIL MVP's music hit, and then I knew Ryder was screwed, because although I feel out of those two that Ryder is definitely more talented, I knew Vince was/is pretty high on MVP for some reason and I knew Ryder would be screwed out of being on a WM card. Not that there's not some small possibility that he may make it to a WM in the future, but still a 2 minute squash doesn't exactly sound like a vote of confidence to me.

Smokey
03-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Wack Rider can't even afford pants. Aint no way he goin to westle mania

DAMN iNATOR
03-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Not this year my friend, but like I said, hopefully he'll get that opportunity in the future. Besides, I happen to dig the right pant leg with just the tights and knee pad on the left side. It's unique.

RGWhat316
03-02-2010, 12:31 AM
I would say he is in trouble. Like in the past, nearly everyone that became a big deal on ECW has pretty well been screwed after they were drafted to RAW. Swagger and Evan were big on ECW before getting buried on RAW. And with how short the match was, it already looks like Ryder and probably even Yoshi are going to follow in their footsteps.

Wishbone
03-02-2010, 12:31 AM
I hate to see what's become of the former ECW roster so far they've all been pretty screwed hell I think Kofi and Punk may be the only 2 guys to come from ECW who actually have done anything in the WWE

Wishbone
03-02-2010, 12:33 AM
oh forgot to mention the world's whitest man Sheamus althow he really didn't deserve to go anywhere

DAMN iNATOR
03-02-2010, 12:33 AM
I hate to see what's become of the former ECW roster so far they've all been pretty screwed hell I think Kofi and Punk may be the only 2 guys to come from ECW who actually have done anything in the WWE

http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/Vince-McMahon-WWE-Superstar-2.jpg
:shifty:

Snowden
03-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I'm worried...he was probably one of the best characters to debut in the WWE over the last year or so, and with the Jersey Shore still being a pseudo popular show, I figured they could at least give him some mic time to get under the skin of the fans.

It seems like, in large part, that the ECW writing crew was completely independent of the rest of the company. Sans Big Zeke and Christian, which one of their pushes mattered at all?

DAMN iNATOR
03-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Yeah. What they're doing to Ryder on RAW is no way to treat the REAL superhero of ECW! :mad: (<- sarcasm)

Evil Vito
03-02-2010, 12:37 AM
<font color=goldenrod>If it were up to me, I think I would have had Zack Ryder defeat Christian to win the ECW Title on the last ECW show instead of Ezekiel Jackson. Even though the ECW Title doesn't mean much, being the last ECW champion and having a really hot girlfriend would be good talking points for Ryder. Zeke really didn't need the label of "last ECW champ" since he could get pushed and it'd be believable regardless due to him being a hulking black dude.</font>

St. Jimmy
03-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Foo Foo Future Endeavors.

DAMN iNATOR
03-02-2010, 12:39 AM
I dunno, as far as Zeke goes, they might just use him as another guy for "hoss vs. hoss" fodder, what with Kane, Knox and Khali on SD! But that's neither here nor there, jus' sayin'.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2010, 12:56 AM
I still have a feeling that Ezekiel Jackson will make it into Money in the Bank. It'll be either him or Jack Swagger, I feel. He'll be used for some power spots, and it will probably segue into a rivalry with Kane.

But in regards to Ryder going to WrestleMania -- keep in mind that Ryder was involved in the WrestleMania XXIV main event. Not as a competitor, but he was still involved. It's something he'll tell his grandkids. I also believe he might just be the youngest man involved in a Mania main event, but I am too lazy to check. I think he would have been 22, and just a few weeks younger than Curt Hawkins.

DAMN iNATOR
03-02-2010, 02:05 AM
I still have a feeling that Ezekiel Jackson will make it into Money in the Bank. It'll be either him or Jack Swagger, I feel. He'll be used for some power spots, and it will probably segue into a rivalry with Kane.

But in regards to Ryder going to WrestleMania -- keep in mind that Ryder was involved in the WrestleMania XXIV main event. Not as a competitor, but he was still involved. It's something he'll tell his grandkids. I also believe he might just be the youngest man involved in a Mania main event, but I am too lazy to check. I think he would have been 22, and just a few weeks younger than Curt Hawkins.

Well, you're right on a technicality, in that I forgot about his "Edgehead" days, but I was stating my hope that now that he's been a solid singles competitor for some time, maybe he'll get a spot in a future WM event whether it's a ME match or not.

Nicky Fives
03-02-2010, 07:47 AM
I died a little inside when I saw him job to MVP that quickly..... at first when I saw MVP introduces as his opponent I thought Ryder would win :'(

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Haha, I know what you meant. Just thought I'd point it out.

Zack Ryder could do pretty well in some sort of Last Chance Battle Royal if they go that route for the final spot.