PDA

View Full Version : GamesMaster might make a TV come back.

Drakul
03-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Remember the GamesMaster TV show? It could be set to make a welcome return to our screens as Future Publishing says it's considering "reviving the brand."

The popular videogames TV show was essential viewing for us gamers in the 1990s and Future says it is looking into different ways of extending the brand as it gears up to launch a new-look GamesMaster magazine, which has received its first major redesign in six years.

Emma Parkinson, Associate Publisher of GamesMaster, said: "GamesMaster is a key gaming brand for Future and there are some fantastic opportunities to expand its reach and influence beyond the magazine. This year, we'll bring a comprehensively redesigned GamesMaster magazine to market, develop an online presence through our existing sites, and explore the appetite for bringing the show back to TV."

Source (http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=15829).

It would be cool to have the show back but who would present it and who would they aim the show towards? I've never had a problem with Dominik Diamond and I'd love for him to present the show again but I've heard some people dislike him.
I've read elsewhere that some people think Charlie Brooker would be a good host but I don't think he would, unless the show was a more adult show. If he had to do a show for families or kids, I think he'd sink rather than swim, espeacially if it was a kiddy show.

Disturbed316
03-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Needs Patrick Moore again more than anything.

Outsider
03-14-2010, 09:03 PM
I think Charlie Brooker could manage a kids show. He might have to tone down somewhat, but insulting the kids would be fine. Watching him slate games in reviews would be excellent.

Lets face it, he is the face of video games in the mainstream media.