PDA

View Full Version : Do smarks make you not want to watch certain feds?

Gertner
03-12-2010, 08:00 PM
I enjoy watching ROH from time to time but ROH fans really put me off the product. I can't stand talking to an ROH fan about wrestling. They are WAAAY to serious about wrestling and hearing about workrate and how anything their wresters are in it for the love of wrestling and not to make it big annoys the shit out of me. There's a reason why they are stuck in ROH and it's not because they are being held back. TNA fans are the same way, although they are just ROH wannabe's (talking about the "crucial crew" lol).

Schlomey
03-12-2010, 08:33 PM
that gif of Knox grabbing the steps.......

I wonder if these people we humiliate by creating gifs of them ever become self aware?

I know when CM Punk dressed as Jeff Hardy that one duck billed, large headed child was giffed for looking none to amused.

How about this thread you try again and call it:

Where Are They Now? : The gif kids
or

Simply a thread dedicated to posting gifs of insane crowds and retarted smarks.

That would be a hit. Not saying I don't like this thread really just don't have anything real to contribute.

Also, it's your fault because your sig is so goddamn amazing.

Gertner
03-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Lol I've worked long and hard to steal those gifs.

On a side note Dragon Gate USA and ROH are coming to my town in a few months and I'd like to attend but I know the fans there would annoy the shit out of me.

Schlomey
03-12-2010, 08:37 PM
lol I love how the actual PLOT of this thread is now to be considered the side note :-P

god I love gertner threads.

Gertner
03-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Lol I haven't posted a thread in a long time and forgot how awesome my collection of animated gifs were.

The Franchise
03-12-2010, 08:51 PM
I watched ROH once and it looked like they were wrestling in a middle school gymnasium.

Gertner
03-12-2010, 08:53 PM
They probably were.

The Franchise
03-12-2010, 08:53 PM
That CM Punk shoe gif in your sig, what is that white blob that moves across the bottom of the screen?

jskinnyg
03-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I have not had the pleasure of ROH live, but I do record it on HDnet... Fans are def annoying... But hell, so am I to an extent... heh...

Juan
03-12-2010, 09:48 PM
You don't HAVE to talk to other ROH fans. You could always watch it and enjoy it for what it is.

Juan
03-12-2010, 09:49 PM
If anything, it's WWE uber-smarks that are annoying.

DaVe
03-12-2010, 09:49 PM
That CM Punk shoe gif in your sig, what is that white blob that moves across the bottom of the screen?

Probably part of the 'replay' TV overlay.

Blitz
03-12-2010, 10:16 PM

On a side note Dragon Gate USA and ROH are coming to my town in a few months and I'd like to attend but I know the fans there would annoy the shit out of me.
Come on down to the Dragon Gate show. I'll likely be working the door.

Wishbone
03-13-2010, 01:55 AM
truthfully I hate smarks of any kind when they start crying about how fake something is etc. I mean c'mon now your on the wrestling forums you don't need to constantly remind us that Chris Jericho isn't really a dick and Batista didn't really try to crush Rey into oblivion we're not f'n marks here you know!

The Show Off
03-13-2010, 02:05 AM
If you let anyone else influnce your opinion to the point you won't watch something you're either stubborn or an idiot.

If you want to watch ROH watch it. If you don't, don't.

Jeritron
03-13-2010, 02:10 AM
Can't stand nitpicking

redoneja
03-13-2010, 09:54 AM
If anything, it's WWE uber-smarks that are annoying.

Can't stand nitpicking

My feelings exactly. Although Indy marks who think something is better just because it's an Indy fed are annoying too.

But yea, nitpicking every fucking detail is horrible. It really turns me off this place. Seems like no matter what's going on, who's being pushed, etc, people always find something to complain about. People want fresh faces in the main event, but bitch when Sheamus gets the strap because he isn't the fresh face they wanted.

redoneja
03-13-2010, 10:01 AM

I've been to a few RoH shows and enjoyed them all but some of the fans were kinda annoying. Especially the ones that would yell the most obscure references during matches. It's like they try to prove their a part of the business just because they read dirt sheets and post on message boards. Similar to the people on here who pretend like they know so much about pro wrestling that they know who should and shouldn't go over in matches and feuds. That guy that was bitching about Daniels dropping one meaningless match to Val Venis comes to mind.

Chavo Classic
03-13-2010, 10:30 AM
I'd much rather be in the audience of ROH shows amongst smarks and the occasional fan with a sense of humour and irony, than a gathering 13 year old kids and their reluctant parents at a WWE show.

Gertner
03-13-2010, 10:53 AM
You don't HAVE to talk to other ROH fans. You could always watch it and enjoy it for what it is.

You'd have to turn the audio off because of their stupid chants. What annoys me is that they feel they have the ultimate saying in what happens and if it doesn't they shit all over it.

jindrak
03-13-2010, 03:04 PM
What are your thoughts about the original ECW fans as comparison?

Gertner
03-13-2010, 03:12 PM
What are your thoughts about the original ECW fans as comparison?

I've attended ECW shows and it was more like a party. People took it seriously but not to the extent that ROH/DGUSA fans do. ECW I believe is the first Smark fed. It just wasn't out of control smarkness like ROH is.

thecc
03-13-2010, 03:12 PM
I've been to a few RoH shows and enjoyed them all but some of the fans were kinda annoying. Especially the ones that would yell the most obscure references during matches. It's like they try to prove their a part of the business just because they read dirt sheets and post on message boards. Similar to the people on here who pretend like they know so much about pro wrestling that they know who should and shouldn't go over in matches and feuds. That guy that was bitching about Daniels dropping one meaningless match to Val Venis comes to mind.That's the shit that bothers me more than anything. Guys who chant stupid shit just to get themselves over. They'll also chant the same thing like 10 times in a match cuz apparently everyone needs to hear just how "witty" their remark is.

ron the dial
03-13-2010, 03:13 PM
i've been to many ROH shows and if you're actually there to enjoy it the "annoying" people are pretty much just background noise. seems retarded to let someone else in the audience dictate your enjoyment of a product.

Swiss Ultimate
03-13-2010, 04:25 PM
In a perfect world the fans wouldn't be able to ruin a product for you. However, we've all seen the "chant at anything and everything" generation born out of the ECW corpse and toiling in TNA.

To be honest, the only shit I won't watch is CZW or anything from Japan. If I'm going to watch a foreign product I'm at least going to watch AAA since it's fucking insane and occasionally American wrestlers cut hilariously bad promos thinking that nobody in America will see this shit anyways.

Gertner
03-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Lol the chant I HATE the most in ROH is "this is wrestling". Yes ROH fans, guys no selling everything and kicking out of multiple devastating moves is fantastic. I do like watching the Briscoe's, Wolves, Steen, etc but the crowd is extremely annoying.

Innovator
03-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Take a shot after every superkick

Fignuts
03-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Agreed. Although they're not all bad. Blitz and WWKD seem to be pretty heavy ROH marks, while still retaining some semblance of sanity.

Gertner
03-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Take a shot after every superkick

Lol I read the results from a PWG show where the Young Bucks beat Steen and Generico after 10 superkicks. The best was some smarks justifying it saying it was like when Austin beat The Rock at WM after multiple chair shots. The difference was The Rock was on the ground for the majority. How the fuck does 10 superkicks not drop Steen?

I also love how every indy wrestlers promo talks about respect and is "intense" and about honour.

Fignuts
03-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Isn't pwg kind of a comedy thing smetimes? Might of just been a joke.