PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton = Stone Cold (Potentially)

HBPunk
03-13-2010, 01:40 PM
The Rock, Carlito, John Cena, Mr. Kennedy etc all got over as a heel so well that they started drawing face chants from crowds in certain arenas, then they would turn face, change character and proceed to suck the life out of the charcter they had just gotten over with. (Im including the rock, although he was insanely popular, he was heroic as a heel but as a face sometimes sucked up so much to 'the people' that he would often draw heel heet, he was quite repetitive with his backstage schtick too)

Aside from adding a few catchphrases, Stone Cold Steve Austin was left untouched as he turned heel to face in 1997, he is the only guy i can think of that was allowed to do that. End result - Steve Austin becomes the most popular wrestler in the world.

Now, for the past few months Randy Orton has been playing the tweener role like Austin did and Orton is getting extremely popular with every passing week. He could be referred to as a loner cos his own stable turned on him again, he would beat heels and faces with no preferences like Austin and after WM26, if Vince is getting major heel heat maybe Vince/Orton could play out like Vince/Austin with Orton chasing the belt and Vince keeping Batista as his handpicked champion. Add Drew McIntyre (post draft) and Cody/Ted to Vince's group and we could see a Corporation angle again even.

So, is it only a matter of time until Randy starts sucking up to the people or will the WWE finally see sense and push Orton like they did with SCSA?

GD
03-13-2010, 01:48 PM
http://www.graphicsdb.com/data/media/436/Randy_Orton.jpg

FUCK YEAH!

GD
03-13-2010, 01:51 PM
The Rock, Carlito, John Cena, Mr. Kennedy etc all got over as a heel so well that they started drawing face chants from crowds in certain arenas, then they would turn face, change character and proceed to suck the life out of the charcter they had just gotten over with. (Im including the rock, although he was insanely popular, he was heroic as a heel but as a face sometimes sucked up so much to 'the people' that he would often draw heel heet, he was quite repetitive with his backstage schtick too)

Aside from adding a few catchphrases, Stone Cold Steve Austin was left untouched as he turned heel to face in 1997, he is the only guy i can think of that was allowed to do that. End result - Steve Austin becomes the most popular wrestler in the world.

Now, for the past few months Randy Orton has been playing the tweener role like Austin did and Orton is getting extremely popular with every passing week. He could be referred to as a loner cos his own stable turned on him again, he would beat heels and faces with no preferences like Austin and after WM26, if Vince is getting major heel heat maybe Vince/Orton could play out like Vince/Austin with Orton chasing the belt and Vince keeping Batista as his handpicked champion. Add Drew McIntyre (post draft) and Cody/Ted to Vince's group and we could see a Corporation angle again even.

So, is it only a matter of time until Randy starts sucking up to the people or will the WWE finally see sense and push Orton like they did with SCSA?

Contradiction

http://www.fun.chanun.com/images/animals/randy-orton.jpg

Randy Orton = Pussy (Potentially!)

HBPunk
03-13-2010, 01:57 PM
that cat is awesome, you aint

Stealth-Icon
03-13-2010, 02:00 PM
that cat is awesome, you aint

That cat is awesome, and probably has more personality than Orton

Shadrick
03-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Those McMahon family grandchildren...

The Franchise
03-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Maybe a really watered down, diet, shittier, puts poop in bags version of Stone Cold

HBPunk
03-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Maybe a really watered down, diet, shittier, puts poop in bags version of Stone Cold

I almost ejaculated from laughing at that orton/shitbag story, what an icon

The Franchise
03-13-2010, 02:23 PM
You should get that checked out man

Swiss Ultimate
03-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Has Orton really been getting Steve Austin level pops????

Also, it seems to me that part of the success of Austin was the level of intensity and excitement of his promos and matches.

Orton is a very methodical wrestler and mic worker, does he really have the style that could take off on that level?

The Franchise
03-13-2010, 02:28 PM
No.

But he does have potential to be a pretty big face. Just not Austin huge. In Orton's defense, I don't think anybody could be Hogan/Austin/Rock over in this current era of the WWE.

HBPunk
03-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Has Orton really been getting Steve Austin level pops????

I said he's been getting more popular every week dickface

Heyman
03-13-2010, 03:01 PM

Few things:

1) Good post

2) Completely agree with the 'act badass/tweener' so that the fans love you thought process (this worked for both SCSA and The Rock).

3) IF the WWE wanted Orton to have a chance at reaching SCSA levels, then they would have to amplify him ten-fold (i.e. have Orton rebel against Management or something by having Orton interefere in random matches while RKO'ing the hell out of everyone, etc.).

If John Cena is the 'hero' amongst children, make Orton the 'anti-hero'.

HBPunk
03-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Few things:

1) Good post

2) Completely agree with the 'act badass/tweener' so that the fans love you thought process (this worked for both SCSA and The Rock).

3) IF the WWE wanted Orton to have a chance at reaching SCSA levels, then they would have to amplify him ten-fold (i.e. have Orton rebel against Management or something by having Orton interefere in random matches while RKO'ing the hell out of everyone, etc.).

If John Cena is the 'hero' amongst children, make Orton the 'anti-hero'.

If Orton went against Vince and his boy Batista, you could have Vince screwing Randy out of a title shot so Orton runs in during the title match, RKO's both men, grabs a chair and tells Vince he's going nowhere til he gets what he wants. Even better if he was sitting on the chair pinned over Batista's neck like HHH did to taker in '01 when he said ''You're the guy who makes people famous huh?''
Orton would be massive and the turn frees up the inevitable Cena heel turn

jskinnyg
03-13-2010, 03:25 PM
If Orton went against Vince and his boy Batista, you could have Vince screwing Randy out of a title shot so Orton runs in during the title match, RKO's both men, grabs a chair and tells Vince he's going nowhere til he gets what he wants. Even better if he was sitting on the chair pinned over Batista's neck like HHH did to taker in '01 when he said ''You're the guy who makes people famous huh?''

Ooooh... I like that shit... Orton is a fucking badass and has played of the best heels since HHH, Edge & the man they call champ, Jericho...

HBPunk
03-13-2010, 03:28 PM
i might refer to someone else as champ...

Mizanin 3 Jericho 1

Swiss Ultimate
03-13-2010, 03:36 PM
I want to see Orton snap...and not snap like when he punts people, I want to see him lose his shit and just take out assholes.

I'm also stuck in the Attitude Era.

Xero
03-13-2010, 03:38 PM
No.

GD
03-13-2010, 03:41 PM

:y: :y:

HBPunk
03-13-2010, 03:54 PM
No.

A lot of your posts are fuckin shit stirring comments. you put yourself across as so wise and clever but the question asked wasn't a yes or no answer. so are you a moron or are you stirring shit?
I'll probably be banned for daring to say such a thing!!

Nicky Fives
03-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Orton is more like The Rock..... held back by a man with *debatable* less talent like The Rock was with Stone Cold...... now I'm not saying Stone Cold had no talent, but IMO The Rock was more charismatic and better in the ring, yet he was still #2 as the fans always went apeshit for Austin, just like today's fans do with Cena...

HBPunk
03-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Orton is more like The Rock..... held back by a man with *debatable* less talent like The Rock was with Stone Cold...... now I'm not saying Stone Cold had no talent, but IMO The Rock was more charismatic and better in the ring, yet he was still #2 as the fans always went apeshit for Austin, just like today's fans do with Cena...

er, maybe fans go apeshit for cena cos he's been face since 2003/4 and orton has played a heel since 2005??

Stickman
03-13-2010, 04:57 PM
He needs to have the torched passed to him and then let loose...Hart passed it to Austin, who's going to pass it to Orton?

The Franchise
03-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Orton can't have the torch passed to him anymore unless it's done by someone like The Rock. Orton has already feuded with all the big stars today for such a long ass time. Trips, Taker, Cena, Michaels, Jericho. He's even faced Hogan. Austin can't face him because of his injury. So really other than Rocky, there isn't anyone left.

Heyman
03-13-2010, 05:04 PM

Not a bad scenario.

One thing I REALLY wished the WWE would have attempted at last year's Wrestlemania, was attempt a heel/face switch between Orton and Cena (a la Austin-Bret WM-13). Before the February PPV last year, Orton was starting to get great face pops from the crowd (due to the awesomeness of his character) while Cena was getting booed.

Unfortunately, the WWE went in a different direction with Orton, while Cena started feuding with Edge. Orton was made to look like a complete pussy against HHH, and ended up jobbing to him at Mania (atleast a Stephanie heel turn and making out with Orton could have been interesting).

Nicky Fives
03-13-2010, 05:15 PM
er, maybe fans go apeshit for cena cos he's been face since 2003/4 and orton has played a heel since 2005??

that's because management must feel that Cena is a bigger draw than Orton, just like with HoganRock in the late 90's/early 2000's

Fignuts
03-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Orton is way more like the next triple h.

He doesn't have the charisma to draw like austin/rock, but he can certainly be the company's top heel.

Wishbone
03-13-2010, 07:46 PM
http://www.graphicsdb.com/data/media/436/Randy_Orton.jpg

FUCK YEAH!

:y::y::y::D

The Pope
03-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Orton = Ratings

Dark One
03-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Few things:

It worked for Kanyon.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/baCK0DXwkZU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/baCK0DXwkZU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Emperor Smeat
03-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Orton can't have the torch passed to him anymore unless it's done by someone like The Rock. Orton has already feuded with all the big stars today for such a long ass time. Trips, Taker, Cena, Michaels, Jericho. He's even faced Hogan. Austin can't face him because of his injury. So really other than Rocky, there isn't anyone left.

Unless you mean a 1 on 1 match, he's already gotten a rub from the Rock in the ring before unless you wouldn't count the Wrestlemania tag match of Rock/Mankind vs Batista/Flair/Orton.

The Franchise
03-14-2010, 09:06 PM
<head>
<meta http-████████████████ content="1; url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/B/BU/BUC/BUCSIT23/1244019150_2886_full.jpeg">
</head>

Damian Rey
03-14-2010, 09:29 PM
God dammit! Why does my browser keep getting redirected to a shower-ready Orton pic?

Anyways, Orton could be a huge draw for Vince if they continue to book him well. So far this year, creative has done a fine job of booking im as a face but keeping his heel characteristics. If they continue to develop his character along the same lines they have been for the past two years, Orton could be the biggest star for them over the next 5 to 10 years.