PDA

View Full Version : The next TNA talent raid

roach21
03-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Just like WWE did when they scooped up Gail Kim, R Truth, and Christian... I see them doing it again. Actually I'm just curious as to who in TNA you guys think the WWE has a legitimate interest in. I'm calling The Pope, Angelina Love, and maybe Matt Morgan.

Londoner
03-14-2010, 01:26 PM
You do realise r-truth and christian were in wwe before, right?

roach21
03-14-2010, 01:58 PM
You do realise r-truth and christian were in wwe before, right?

Yeah I know all about K Kwik "gettin rowdy" and Christian (Brood, Peeps, Creepy little bastard). Gail Kim was too (you realize that?) They were all on TNA's roster and WWE basically offered them contracts to get them away from TNA in my opinion. With TNA trying to battle with the Monday night wars, I just figured WWE would come calling again...

Londoner
03-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Who will TNA sign next that was previously on wwe's roster? HMMMMM.

And for your info: Couldn't give a crap about 'diva's'.

YOUR Hero
03-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Christian

HBPunk
03-14-2010, 02:27 PM
RVD, Pope and Jeff Hardy are the only ones i want in WWE, Angle is too old and broken now, same goes for nearly everyone TNA signed in the last 4 months. AJ is good but would probably go nowhere in WWE cos his mic work is dire. WWE already had Morgan and Pope, Morgan was generic but i liked Elijah Burke. WWE dropped the ball with Dinero

Swiss Ultimate
03-14-2010, 02:28 PM
If I was in the WWE and I thought Kurt Angle was over his addictions, I'd rehire him in a heartbeat, Kurt's really add some energy to the main-event scene. He could definitely get guys like Morrison, Swagger, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase Jr., Sheamus and the like over in a big way.

I'd steal The Motor City Machine Guns as well. Guys would definitely make it, character-wise in the WWE. I could see Triple H and HBK doing for them what they did for Legacy in a sort of "new DX" vs. "old DX" deal.

Sting would be another big acquisition. Being able to retire Sting in the WWE would be extremely valuable in terms of DVD sales and PPV Buys. I think Sting VS. CM Punk would be a neat match too.

I'd also probably rehire the Dudleys, just to get some mileage out of a re-ignition of Edge and Christian VS. The Dudleys, maybe have Matt Hardy w/R-Truth (in place of Jeff). I imagine that could reasonably headline the TLC PPV.

Other than that, Matt Morgan and the Pope could both work to some extent as a healthy addition to the mid-card.

Londoner
03-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Dudleys definitely, being horribly used in tna.

BillyBonez
03-14-2010, 02:42 PM
WWE needs to sign Big Rob.

jskinnyg
03-14-2010, 02:46 PM
I would love to see Angle finish with WWE... He belongs in the HOF anyway...

jskinnyg

WHY? THat guy is a piece of Steroid shit...

Road Warrior
Doug Williams, Doug Williams and oh yeah... Doug Williams

Indifferent Clox
03-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Nigel Mcguinness/ desmond wolfe

KIRA
03-14-2010, 05:40 PM

Explain to me why they need another musclebound monkey who can't wrestle on their roster.

besides the last thing they need is another steroid cocktail related death in the company

St. Jimmy
03-14-2010, 05:40 PM
TNA doesn't have any talent besides Kurt Angle.

St. Jimmy
03-14-2010, 05:41 PM
NOT A FLAME, NOT AN OBSERVATION: JUST FACT.

treyace
03-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Arthur "i have no styles" Jackson
Roofie
The Pope
MCMGs
but they wont get any of them

Fignuts
03-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Sting
Angle
AJ Styles
Samoa Joe
Dudleys

Those are the only ones I see WWE picking up, and doing anything signifigant with.

jamesyboybell
03-14-2010, 07:03 PM
WWE should just take their pick of the young talent but apart from that leave the retirement home that is TNA alone

Swiss Ultimate
03-14-2010, 07:28 PM
As someone who has not been able to watch TNA since the beginning of January I must ask: Has TNA pushed Desmond Wolfe better than the WWE has pushed Bryan Danielson???

Fignuts
03-14-2010, 08:22 PM
No. It hasn't been bad for Nigel, but Danielson has been brought in as best as you possibly could, imo.

DarKCentaur
03-14-2010, 08:57 PM
BEER! MONEY!!

Jordan
03-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Beer Money could be huge for WWE if they would actually market a tag division.

Beery Money is kinda the fucking shit.

Swiss Ultimate
03-14-2010, 09:03 PM
No. It hasn't been bad for Nigel, but Danielson has been brought in as best as you possibly could, imo.

Imagine what they could have done with NXT if it was Danielson and Nigel together.

Jordan
03-14-2010, 09:05 PM
It would be too good.

Mr. Nerfect
03-14-2010, 10:49 PM
I think a lot of guys are really happy with TNA right now. They're all sort of getting places and doing more than what they normally would. I mean, to me, it is completely unrealistic to expect that AJ Styles will leave the company which has made him their World Heavyweight Champion and has paired him with Ric fucking Flair. I'd be more inclined to look at guys who are being misused on the roster.

Rumours pop up now and again that Christopher Daniels is not too happy with TNA. And who can really blame him? He goes from finally getting his crack in the main event to putting over Sean Morley and then not appearing again until it's to put over Kurt Angle, and then he's back for a Ladder Match at Destination X, which Daniels may not feel is worth it. If the WWE offered him a place in their company, I could see him taking it. But would the WWE use him any better? He might figure it is better to cut his losses and just stay with TNA and hope he gets a few more X-Division Title reigns.

Samoa Joe is a guy that I could see the WWE wanting, and since he's been in TNA, Joe's career has been a mixed bag. His booking has been up and down, and he's got some good friends in the WWE. Joe jumping ship would not surprise me.

The Motor City Machine Guns may get pushed soon, or they may say "Fuck this" and flock to the WWE. I would like to see them in the WWE, and if they ever decide to push individual tag team divisions again, I could see The MCMG making a nice place for themselves on the WWE roster.

Jay Lethal was someone that the WWE looked at for a while when he was a fair bit younger, if I remember. The dude is only coming up to his 25th birthday. TNA has been both good and cold to Lethal, and he needs to lose that Black Machismo gimmick and quick. I could see him going to the WWE.

Damian Rey
03-14-2010, 11:29 PM
I think a lot of guys are really happy with TNA right now. They're all sort of getting places and doing more than what they normally would. I mean, to me, it is completely unrealistic to expect that AJ Styles will leave the company which has made him their World Heavyweight Champion and has paired him with Ric fucking Flair. I'd be more inclined to look at guys who are being misused on the roster.

Rumours pop up now and again that Christopher Daniels is not too happy with TNA. And who can really blame him? He goes from finally getting his crack in the main event to putting over Sean Morley and then not appearing again until it's to put over Kurt Angle, and then he's back for a Ladder Match at Destination X, which Daniels may not feel is worth it. If the WWE offered him a place in their company, I could see him taking it. But would the WWE use him any better? He might figure it is better to cut his losses and just stay with TNA and hope he gets a few more X-Division Title reigns.

Samoa Joe is a guy that I could see the WWE wanting, and since he's been in TNA, Joe's career has been a mixed bag. His booking has been up and down, and he's got some good friends in the WWE. Joe jumping ship would not surprise me.

The Motor City Machine Guns may get pushed soon, or they may say "Fuck this" and flock to the WWE. I would like to see them in the WWE, and if they ever decide to push individual tag team divisions again, I could see The MCMG making a nice place for themselves on the WWE roster.

Jay Lethal was someone that the WWE looked at for a while when he was a fair bit younger, if I remember. The dude is only coming up to his 25th birthday. TNA has been both good and cold to Lethal, and he needs to lose that Black Machismo gimmick and quick. I could see him going to the WWE.

I agree with much of what you posted, but realistically, the only one of the guys you mention above that have a decent shot in WWE is Samoa Joe. Lethal, MCMG, and Daniels have very little chance of going anywhere if they jumped ship. Daniels might have a better chance than most, but even then, can you honestly see Vince and co. using any of these guys outside of Joe in a productive manner.

MCMG wouldn't be anything more than what Londrick was, if that. WWE seems to be leaning with pairing "stars" up in the tag division. MCMG would get lost in the shuffle right next to Cryme Tyme, the Hart Dynasty, and other teams that have come and gone.

Just can't see Daniels being given a chance to do anything. Not that he couldn't if given a chance. If Danielson pans out after NXT, I'll change my mind, but right now, Daniels in WWE equals bad career move.

I wish Burke would've stayed and been given a legit chance. If they swipe him up, you have an instant fued with CM Punk that can be referenced from their ECW days. It's there.

Innovator
03-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Honestly, if WWE wanted Daniels, he would have already been there

Skippord
03-15-2010, 05:32 AM
The Nasty Boys

DAMN iNATOR
03-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Love to see WWE be able to eventually pick up The Dudleys ("Team 3D" in TNA) again.

Schlomey
03-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Love to see WWE be able to eventually pick up The Dudleys ("Team 3D" in TNA) again.

Oh the Dudleys are Team 3D...thanks for deciphering that for me :cool:

The Pope
03-15-2010, 11:34 PM
The Pope

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2010, 01:39 PM
I think the WWE would want The Pope back, but I don't see him leaving TNA unless the company sinks. At least, not right now. His stock is rising too fast there. I actually see him beating AJ Styles at Lockdown for the TNA Title.