PDA

View Full Version : Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter

Dorkchop
03-14-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm finally going to play these games. I'm going to start with the first game, but which is the better one to start with? Should I play one game from one series and then one game from the other series or should I play the whole, say, Ratchet and Clank series and the move on to Jak? or would that be overkill?

Fignuts
03-14-2010, 11:42 PM
I want to play them all too. I played the first Jak, but got stuck and never finished it.

From what I understand though R & C are more consistantly awesome.

Dorkchop
03-14-2010, 11:47 PM
There are 5 Ratchet and Clank games for PS2 and only 4 Jack games. One of the Jak games is Combat Racing which I probably won't play.

What about the Sly Cooper games? I've heard they're fun too. I don't know why I never even rented one of these games. At least now I can get them for pretty cheap.

Boomer
03-14-2010, 11:57 PM
If you start with Ratchet you will ultimately be dissapointed with Jak. I'd start with Jak.

Nothing against the Jak games. Played 1 and 2, but never got around to 3. No real pull for me to anymore.

Dorkchop
03-19-2010, 11:50 PM
I picked up the first Jak game for $5 today. I'm in the middle of two PS2 games, but I might start it after I beat both. I'll pick up the second one if I like the first one and also find it in good condition for pretty cheap.

James Diesel
03-20-2010, 04:29 AM
I'd say just play all R&C then if you have time or whatever go ahead and try JaK

Extreme Angle
03-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Jak and Daxter and the precursor's legacy, the first game I had for my PS2 for christmas. I thought it was amazing. Got all of the orb things. Grabbed 2 and 3 a few years later.
Loved 2, got stuck on 3 and then got a 360