PDA

View Full Version : Which guy benefits more

blak23
03-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Thinking about the HBK vs. Undertaker match coming up at Wrestlemania, it got me thinking Which superstar benefits more from picking up the win?

You have The Undertaker, who a win will help solidify his legend. I mean he is already a sure HOFer and has nothing more to gain in WWE or wrestling period for that matter.

Then you have HBK, who again will gain almost nothing from the match except to be slated down as being the guy to end the streak. But as far as career wise I don't believe a last title run will come or anything of the sort.

What are your opinions?

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2010, 04:16 PM
They are both legends already. They are both solid already. The out come of this match has nothing to do with the match, it is all about putting on a good match.

Lock Jaw
03-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Neither of them really benefits.

Well, I guess HBK would benefit from his career not being over.

Jordan
03-16-2010, 04:52 PM
The streak should never end

Nicky Fives
03-16-2010, 05:05 PM
neither of them benefits by winning, and neither lose anything by losing..... I believe both are at the point in their career where they can do nothing to further their status as a 'legend'

TGR
03-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Like I've said...the only winner in this match is us.

Emperor Smeat
03-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Neither since the outcome is going to help both guys equally than individually since Undertaker is going to protect his streak and take out the fanatical HBK or HBK breaks the streak while Undertaker can develop a fanatical character after loosing his streak.

jskinnyg
03-16-2010, 06:50 PM
They are both legends already. They are both solid already. The out come of this match has nothing to do with the match, it is all about putting on a good match.

Totally agree with BDC here... Although I really don't think the streak will end for this simple reason... They are both legends, given...

But, Taker will go don as the Legend with the unbeatable streak, and HBK will always go down as Mr. WM...

As much as i want to see HBK win, this, I doubt seriously it will happen... Do I think it will top last year... I sure hope so... The only thing i see stopping that is Taker's health...

What Would Kevin Do?
03-16-2010, 07:40 PM
It would help HBK more if he won. Not that he needs it, BUT if he won, it'd pretty much catapult him back into the main event/title scene, if WWE was willing to do so. Being the guy to end the streak makes him bad ass, and gets him away from the DX stuff.

Anybody Thrilla
03-16-2010, 07:53 PM
HBK can be inserted into the main event/title scene at absolutely any time. He doesn't have to beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania for that. The Streak is just such a rare commodity, and frankly, I think it's what most people will remember the Undertaker for in the long run. The Undertaker needs the streak. He hasn't been in countless amazing matches or feuds like Shawn Michaels has. I'm not going to argue his legend status, but he would definitely benefit more from a win than Michaels would.

The Franchise
03-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Not sure how HBK benefits from this, especially since he is taking time off after WM. He's already a legend and guaranteed Hall of Famer. When he is inducted in like 2014 or something, people will talk about WM 12, Montreal, DX, him coming back from back injury and all the great matches. Him ending the streak is so unnecessary. Where as Taker really only has his the streak, his gimmick and his long ass time of being in the WWE as a top guy (which HBK has too). In terms of great matches, Taker doesn't have as many and same with "big moments." The streak ending would be a huge blow to his legacy IMO.

Taker needs this win far more than HBK.

The Franchise
03-16-2010, 08:03 PM
HBK can be inserted into the main event/title scene at absolutely any time. He doesn't have to beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania for that. The Streak is just such a rare commodity, and frankly, I think it's what most people will remember the Undertaker for in the long run. The Undertaker needs the streak. He hasn't been in countless amazing matches or feuds like Shawn Michaels has. I'm not going to argue his legend status, but he would definitely benefit more from a win than Michaels would.

lol didn't read this before I posted, but this basically sums up how I feel :y:

Mr Amazing
03-16-2010, 11:47 PM
the steak is why i love the underteker also i believe wwe benefits more with undertaker winning

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2010, 12:05 AM
I think Shawn Michaels benefits more from a win, even though he doesn't need it. The streak means more than a World Title, in my opinion. Only one person can break it. I don't think it should be Michaels, but if he does do it, it would make Shawn Michaels perhaps not only the best ever in a critical sense, but in a kayfabe sense.

HBK, despite being so fucking great, has never really been recognised on that great astral planes as guys like The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan or even Ric Flair. The Undertaker's streak ending to the Sweet Chin Music would make HBK the guy. I'm not really articulated it as well as I would like, but I think HBK enters another zone if he defeats The Undertaker. A zone he probably missed out on because of when his career was put on hold.

The Undertaker would also gain a lot from winning. A lot of Taker's opponents at WrestleMania have been fillers. The streak can always use a few good chunks of meat to stock it up. That is really want The Undertaker gets by beating Michaels. He becomes the new "Mr. WrestleMania."

Lock Jaw
03-17-2010, 12:13 AM
the steak is why i love the underteker

How does the Underteker take his steak?

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Taker loves his steak as Women's Champion. :shifty:

Xero
03-17-2010, 12:16 AM
He likes his steak RAW!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RwnMLOibIM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RwnMLOibIM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Weighing in at 72oz; from Houston, Texas; he is undefeated at the last 17 Meatamanias! Ladies and gentlemen...THE UNDERSTEAKER!!!!!

Lock Jaw
03-17-2010, 12:31 AM
A New Challenger Approaches...!

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/Picture1-4.png

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Red Barclay to break the streak.

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2010, 12:51 AM
By the way, looking at your avatar, Lock Jaw, am I the only one who thinks Steve Blackman looks a little like Tim Curry?