PDA

View Full Version : Important Announcement Concerning "The Stream" Social Group & WrestleMania XXVI

James Steele
03-19-2010, 03:40 PM
If a mod could sticky this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Due to the high influx of people who will be wanting to join the social group for WrestleMania and because I don't feel like trying to accept every slapdick who joins in the middle of the show, I am going to quit accepting new members after 4pm CST on the day of the show.

In order to be accepted into the group, you must meet the following criteria:

500+ posts
Been an active member of TPWW for 6 months.
Not a troll

Droford
03-19-2010, 03:56 PM
You know, this is a waste of time because streams will def probably be shot down at a faster rate for WM..I cant see there being any good ones that last long enough to bother with.

James Steele
03-19-2010, 03:57 PM
I know. I am watching it with some friends, so I could care less about the streams this year.

Last year was really fun hunting down streams every 5 minutes.

thedamndest
03-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Some TPWW Analysts are predicting record-setting levels of posts in the "100,000 Replies: Wrestling Forum Edition" thread as Junior Members, or "noob" posters, scramble to garner the required number of posts for entry into The Stream social group before the deadline. Tougher to fake? The requirement of six months of active posting on TPWW.net. Some posters may be hoping they will be accepted on the weight of their merits. "I signed up on November 5th, 2009, so I won't make the deadline," posts Providence Peep. "But I've been around and started some topics so I plan on asking JamesSteele if he'll make an exception for me. If that doesn't work I guess I'll ask for streams in the Wrestlemania thread, though I hate to do that because I don't want to ruin my image since I'm still pretty new. Maybe I'll try to PM somebody in the group that I know. Maybe I'll just try to google it."

Others aren't so sure. Dark One joined TPWW.net in early January of this year. He doubts he will be accepted into the group, and he plans on posting "ANY STREAMS?" come Wrestlemania time because he "really has nothing to loose (sic) at this point."

Xero
03-19-2010, 04:13 PM
I should do live PBP just to see if I can crash the server again.

:shifty:

Dark One
03-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks. The $20 I promised you if you made sure no one expects the chair to the head so I can steal their stream invite. FINES BE DAMNED.

HBPunk
03-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Order the fucking show

AngryMidjit
03-19-2010, 05:58 PM
I'd rather watch it on my giant plasma instead of a shitty stream

Jeritron
03-19-2010, 06:08 PM
I am an avid user THE STREAM, but I just can't do it for Wrestlemania. Good luck switching streams 6 times during Taker/Michaels.

NeanderCarl
03-19-2010, 06:09 PM
WrestleMania is the one show a year I don't mind paying for. The whole weekend just becomes an event to me and my mates. Hall of Fame webcast Saturday night (hopefully get a stream for the USA Network broadcast as its not aired in the UK until at least the next day) followed by a mass gathering for WrestleMania itself. It's tradition.

So I won't be needing a stream... even though I qualify! :wave:

I don't think it will be hard for this year to top last year's one match card.

Xero
03-19-2010, 06:09 PM
I am an avid user THE STREAM, but I just can't do it for Wrestlemania. Good luck switching streams 6 times during Taker/Michaels.

lol would be epic if they let the streams go right up to Taker/Michaels and then do a mass shut down at that moment, just before the entrances.

Jeritron
03-19-2010, 06:18 PM
I ordered Wrestlemania from WWE.com one year because the cable service at my college obviously didn't carry PPV.

It was actually pretty good. No lags or anything. I was able to get a hold of an S video cord and put it on the tv too.

The good thing about that is they let you have the PPV for the whole week. I re-watched it from my laptop on mute during a long night class.

Shaved Monkey
03-19-2010, 06:20 PM
I ordered Wrestlemania from WWE.com one year because the cable service at my college obviously didn't carry PPV.

It was actually pretty good. No lags or anything. I was able to get a hold of an S video cord and put it on the tv too.

The good thing about that is they let you have the PPV for the whole week. I re-watched it from my laptop on mute during a long night class.

Do they still do this and does it cost the same amount? I don't have cable but I don't have a problem paying for it and I am sure as hell not going to pay $35 to go see it at the theater.

Jeritron
03-19-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm sure they still do it. I think it was like 10 dollars cheaper.

Jeritron
03-19-2010, 06:27 PM
http://www.wwe.com/subscriptions/webcast/wrestlemania/

HBPunk
03-19-2010, 07:37 PM
I'd rather watch it on my giant plasma instead of a shitty stream

:y: fuckin ay man, 37 inches bitches

Xero
03-19-2010, 08:16 PM

Yeah I've done this a few times. Like I said, last time was SummerSlam and I got a poster and a Jeff doll.

If you can't watch it on your TV this really is the way to go.

Shaved Monkey
03-19-2010, 08:37 PM
If you order it online this time you get a free month of WWE classics. I think that was what I read at least.

Providence Peep
03-19-2010, 09:16 PM
"I signed up on November 5th, 2009, so I won't make the deadline," posts Providence Peep. "But I've been around and started some topics so I plan on asking JamesSteele if he'll make an exception for me. If that doesn't work I guess I'll ask for streams in the Wrestlemania thread, though I hate to do that because I don't want to ruin my image since I'm still pretty new. Maybe I'll try to PM somebody in the group that I know. Maybe I'll just try to google it."

Excuse me, but I never posted that remark. I'm not even fortunate enough to be GOING to WrestleMania, so I certainly have no intention of trying to get into your social group there (as exciting as that might be). If you were just using my name to show an example of what someone might say, fine, but I would have appreciated you explaining that ("for example....").

Xero
03-19-2010, 09:18 PM

James Steele
03-19-2010, 10:34 PM
:lol:

dronepool
03-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Looks like I better get my post on... although I wouldn't make 500 in two weeks. I wouldn't spam posts because that's sorta like trolling and it's annoying.

Damnit.

I won't link anybody if a birdie comes near my window though.

Damian Rey
03-20-2010, 02:21 AM
:y: fuckin ay man, 37 inches bitches

It'll look better on my 52 inch.

HBPunk
03-20-2010, 10:40 AM
It'll look better on my 52 inch.

maybe but i was talking about my cock

James Steele
03-20-2010, 11:01 AM
maybe but i was talking about my cock

https://cdn.indiemerch.com/i/c/a/cabd9cead5.jpg

Jimmy Cones
03-20-2010, 11:22 AM
My friend just got a 50+ inch high def so I'll be a good "noob" and stay away from the 100,000 reply topic. We will be streaming our commentary of the match though.

Volare
03-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Stream Kliq Unite!

Afterlife
03-20-2010, 12:14 PM
This is WrestleMania. Not WWE Stipulation. Find a way to pay for it.

el bobbo
03-20-2010, 01:43 PM
I've been active for a while. I try not to spam and provide quality content whenever possible. I just don't have the posts up there yet.

Guess I'm going to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch it.

thedamndest
03-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Excuse me, but I never posted that remark. I'm not even fortunate enough to be GOING to WrestleMania, so I certainly have no intention of trying to get into your social group there (as exciting as that might be). If you were just using my name to show an example of what someone might say, fine, but I would have appreciated you explaining that ("for example....").

My mistake. I had you confused with Providence Steve. I'll print a retraction in the next TPWW News.

Afterlife
03-20-2010, 02:31 PM
I've been active for a while. I try not to spam and provide quality content whenever possible. I just don't have the posts up there yet.

Guess I'm going to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch it.

That's probably a healthier atmosphere.

moonface
03-20-2010, 02:43 PM
What's all this Watching wrestling in theaters and bars stuff is it just Americans that do that?

Also when is wrestlemania? I hvent watched wrestling for about 2 years now but would probably mark out to bret hart beating vince at wretlemania one more rime baby!

HBPunk
03-20-2010, 05:26 PM
https://cdn.indiemerch.com/i/c/a/cabd9cead5.jpg

Only after i've munched on your mom's titties