PDA

View Full Version : Are there any redeeming qualities to having Scott Hall on the roster?

Rollermacka
03-20-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm just curious dosent anyone out there see anybody that thinks that having Scott Hall on the TNA roster full time as a good thing? Dose Scott Hall have any redeeming qualites that I'm not seeing that makes it a good idea to have him on the PPV tomarrow?

Lock Jaw
03-20-2010, 11:57 PM
The redeeming quality is the momentary nostalgia of "Hey! Cool! Scott Hall!" before you actually see him.

Anybody Thrilla
03-21-2010, 12:06 AM
I guess he's a constant reminder to the roster of how far you can sink in the business if you're not careful.

screech
03-21-2010, 12:11 AM
I guess he's a constant reminder to the roster of how far you can sink in the business if you're not careful.

"Don't drink and don't do drugs. Look what it does to you."

Wishbone
03-21-2010, 12:33 AM
No there are no redeeming qualities to Scott Hall being in TNA or anywhere else near my television thank you and goodnight

Juan
03-21-2010, 12:34 AM
I guess it makes a few people "lol"

Jordan
03-21-2010, 12:47 AM
I am one of them. Okay its sad I know, but I love to watch the guy fall apart before my eyes... it's like The Iron Sheik, or any other wrestler who goes a little cuckoo in their old age. Too many bumps (all kinds of bumps :naughty:), too many drinks, and not working out have made him a mess. However, while I don't particularly enjoy him in the ring, on the mic he is absolutely golden. Him and Pac together make me laugh so hard, every time I see them, the are just ridiculous as hell.

So for me YES keep Hall and Kid, limit their matches but let them just shoot and be silly like Last Call With Scott Hall.

I guess it's a bad quality for me to want to was somebody's downward spiral, but I can't help that it makes me uncontrollably giddy when those two guys get on the mic. Oh and also, its not so much nostalgia, I mean any wrestler from WWF in the mid nineties will have special place in my heart, but these two are just special.

It would be funny if the ran a program where Nash tried to whip them both into shape and clean them up, only for it to fail and well, I don't know where you'd go with that but TNA probably wouldn't either, so there ya go.

Anybody Thrilla
03-21-2010, 12:49 AM
You are a sick bastard, Jordan X.

Jordan
03-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Well that may be true. But I left out my sympathies.

I also want Scott Hall and Pac to continue to get paid so they don't have to struggle like Tony Atlas in some TV Documentary I saw.

I know Scott and Kid need money for booze, drugs, and women.

Scott Hall said himself he hasn't touched a breast in years, thats fucking sad.

So I want them to be employed for a good cause as well.

KIRA
03-21-2010, 01:09 AM

I also want Scott Hall and Pac to continue to get paid so they don't have to struggle like Tony Atlas in some TV Documentary I saw.

But mostly its the idea that we all like to watch train wrecks,sad but true

While I hate whats become of him much like Jordan X I cant look away.

Anybody Thrilla
03-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Looking away from TNA is one of the easiest things I've ever done.

LuigiD
03-21-2010, 03:29 AM
I agree with the nostalgia bit.
I was excited for Hall..until I saw him a few more times and noticed what a horrible shape he is in.

Skippord
03-21-2010, 04:14 AM

Hall could touch his own breasts

Brigstocke
03-21-2010, 04:25 AM
I like the way that 15-20 years ago Scott Hall was portrayed by the WWF as a cool latino love machine who 'oozed machismo'.

Looking at him now it becomes apparent that the only thing that oozes from him these days is cartoonish, green coloured wavy smell lines.

6-String King
03-21-2010, 04:51 AM
Scott Hall looks like shit. He wrestles like he's fucking 80. He fat, out of shape, and needs to clean himself up in more ways then one to be worth a damn.

St. Jimmy
03-21-2010, 04:55 AM
He's funny. That's about it.

seapig4
03-21-2010, 06:58 AM
he is a fucking cunt. The amount of talented wrestlers who have passed on and this piece of shit is still walking around getting shitfaced and getting paid...lucky bastard

Sixx
03-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Word is he was too embarassed to wrestle once he saw himself in trunks and was replaced by Waltman for some tag team match.

Rammsteinmad
03-21-2010, 08:28 AM
:lol: if that's true.

Sixx
03-21-2010, 10:12 AM
http://wrestlingtruth.com/news/off-air-notes-mr-anderson-on-debut-scott-hall-update-hardys-contract-tna-agent-injured/

- It was a mutual decision between Scott Hall and TNA for him not to wrestle on the PPV because he was self-conscious about being in poor shape once he put his trunks on.

Beth Phoenix Fan
03-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, RVD, Shannon Moore, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Sting, Young Bucks(Generation Me) Rhino, Raven, and Team 3D on the same roster.
= Higher Ratings and Great wrestling

tjmidnight420
03-21-2010, 11:12 AM
They should keep him on as a personality, not a wrestler. If he can clean up and get back into shape, let the lone wolf in the ring. If not, keep him the hell away from it. I like the idea of Sexy trying to get him back into shape, but not so much from a booked perspective. Record all their workouts and shit and air segments on iMPACT and just see where it goes. If he succeeds, cool. Good for the Bad Guy. If not, so be it. It would be good TV regardless.

Stealth-Icon
03-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Keeping him on the roster helps with their beer sponsors and contracts

The Pope
03-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Keeping him on the roster helps with their beer sponsors and contracts

:lol:

Sixx
03-21-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm just curious dosent anyone out there see anybody that thinks that having Scott Hall on the TNA roster full time as a good thing? Dose Scott Hall have any redeeming qualites that I'm not seeing that makes it a good idea to have him on the PPV tomarrow?

At first I thought "dose" was a typo, but you used it twice.

Also, what's with "tomarrow"?

Mr. JL
03-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Scott Hall and Kid are awesome when they show up. Never get tired of them.

Schlomey
03-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I have always been a Hall mark but I have no interest in seeing him in the ring in his current shape...Other than to witness a train wreck.

Waltman, on the other hand, looks unchanged...And I'm very much looking forward to seeing him mix it up with one of my favorite guys in Eric Young.

Rollermacka
03-21-2010, 01:04 PM

Isnt there a ppv tonight? As for "does", me no spell goud.

screech
03-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Destination X is tonight, yes.

erickman
03-21-2010, 01:22 PM
his youtube last call hall vids are worth him being there.

screech
03-21-2010, 01:44 PM
:y:

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Honestly, he seems like a guy with a decent heart, although a little misguided. He shouldn't be in the ring, but I really think it's time pro wrasslin started taking care of it own, even if he is unreliable. Make him a road agent or an on air personallity and deal with his excess bullshit. He gave a lot of himself to the business, and he's warn down. He's an end product of the 80s and 90s and it'd be nice for him to be looked after. Same with Pac.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-21-2010, 05:43 PM
If only there were severence packages in wrestling.

6-String King
03-21-2010, 06:14 PM

What are you that fucking paperclip that pops up on Microsoft Word? I hate fucking human spell checkers. You know what the person meant. Quit trying to be a showboat. Look at this guy Sixx, he can point out spelling errors. Your my fucking hero Sixx. I'd like to hire you to re-teach everything I was ever taught in my entire 14 years of schooling.

Jeritron
03-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Honestly, he seems like a guy with a decent heart, although a little misguided. He shouldn't be in the ring, but I really think it's time pro wrasslin started taking care of it own, even if he is unreliable. Make him a road agent or an on air personallity and deal with his excess bullshit. He gave a lot of himself to the business, and he's warn down. He's an end product of the 80s and 90s and it'd be nice for him to be looked after. Same with Pac.

If I recall correctly, Vince and WWE tried to help him clean up and get back in the business multiple times.
Just making him a road agent isn't going to make his problems go away. It would just make them worse probably.
They've offered to pay for his rehab, or perhaps they actually have. Again, I'm not sure but I do know there's been an attempt there.

TNA, on the other hand, is just giving him money and hoping he'll show up for their programming's sake, not his.

Xero
03-21-2010, 06:16 PM
What are you that fucking paperclip that pops up on Microsoft Word? I hate fucking human spell checkers. You know what the person meant. Quit trying to be a showboat. Look at this guy Sixx, he can point out spelling errors. Your my fucking hero Sixx. I'd like to hire you to re-teach everything I was ever taught in my entire 14 years of schooling.
You're*

I know someone else who used to make that very error. He doesn't post here anymore.

Sixx
03-21-2010, 06:18 PM

Shut the fuck up you fucking moron. Are you really that proud of yourself for defending the raping of English language? Come the fuck on, I don't care about typos, I don't correct people, but for fuck's sake. "Dose"?

Just stick to posting about wrestling, asshole.

Stealth-Icon
03-21-2010, 06:36 PM

You've had 14 years of schooling, yet only have made it to the 8th grade.

dronepool
03-21-2010, 06:44 PM
The popular name would still probably sell tickets.

6-String King
03-22-2010, 08:29 AM
You've had 14 years of schooling, yet only have made it to the 8th grade.

LoL, that's a good one. I got nothin.

6-String King
03-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Shut the fuck up you fucking moron. Are you really that proud of yourself for defending the raping of English language? Come the fuck on, I don't care about typos, I don't correct people, but for fuck's sake. "Dose"?

Just stick to posting about wrestling, asshole.

See, you couldn't help yourself paperclip. What was his name? Like Clippy or something. We'll call you clippy from now on, cool?

Sixx
03-22-2010, 11:01 AM
LoL, that's a good one. I got nothin.

Nothing.

Yours truly, Clippy.

tjmidnight420
03-22-2010, 12:09 PM
See, you couldn't help yourself paperclip. What was his name? Like Clippy or something. We'll call you clippy from now on, cool?

And you say I make names up?

Yeah.... okay.

RKO'em
03-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Scott Hall is funny. Watch his face when it looks like he's tired. It's no act.

Volare
03-22-2010, 07:55 PM
All he has left is "Hey yo" and that's about it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-22-2010, 08:52 PM
If I recall correctly, Vince and WWE tried to help him clean up and get back in the business multiple times.
Just making him a road agent isn't going to make his problems go away. It would just make them worse probably.
They've offered to pay for his rehab, or perhaps they actually have. Again, I'm not sure but I do know there's been an attempt there.

TNA, on the other hand, is just giving him money and hoping he'll show up for their programming's sake, not his.

Fair enough. His problems are always going to be there. But I wish there was a way to take care of him. I feel bad for the guy, personal demons are shit.