PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo 3DS, bitches

Pages : [1] 2 3

#BROKEN Hasney
03-23-2010, 04:24 AM
Woah, holy fucknuts. Cannot wait for E3 to see this now.

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-announces-the-3ds-portable-gaming-in-3d-168626.phtml

Nintendo of Japan has just announced their next handheld unit, tentatively named the "Nintendo 3DS." The portable platform will offer 3D gaming without the need for 3D glasses, and will be backwards compatible with DS and DSi games. The "Nintendo 3DS" is the successor to the Nintendo DS series and will be on display at this year's E3. We can expect the "Nintendo 3DS" to launch in Japan by the end of the fiscal year, so anywhere between now and March 2011.

3D is the next major step in gaming, but the only thing that's really holding it back is the need for 3D glasses. Nintendo seems to have gotten around that peripheral limitation with their new portable and it will be interesting to see just how Nintendo pulls this off at E3.

Nintendo 3DS Info in English (http://twitter.com/johntv/status/10915105170) [John Ricciardi's Twitter -- Image]

Kalyx triaD
03-23-2010, 04:26 AM
Interesting. Has there been examples of 3D without glasses before?

alvarado52
03-23-2010, 04:27 AM
yeah....take your hand and put it in your face, BAM! 3D WITHOUT GLASSES!

Kalyx triaD
03-23-2010, 04:33 AM
"lol"

Anyway I read into it and this is the new DS we heard rumors about. It will have a boost in graphical power (I'm guessing somewhere between N64 and GCN power), and the motion sensing is in.

Getting excited for E3 2010.

alvarado52
03-23-2010, 04:36 AM
I dunno, while the N has been on a decent streak regarding hardware, lets remember the last '3d' system they released. But then again, it seems they are getting most of their success off gimmicks lately.

EDIT: And to seriously respond to your question Kalyx, i remember as a kid seeing that game where you were a cowboy in arcades that looked holographic....i think thats the closest i have ever seen to 3d w/o glasses.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-23-2010, 04:38 AM
Interesting. Has there been examples of 3D without glasses before?

I seen some TV prototypes at CES about 3 years ago where you had to sit direct centre to see the projected image. Not sure if they've moved on in 3 years, but it might be like a Gameboy, having to get the perfect position for the light.

Vietnamese Crippler
03-23-2010, 04:51 AM
Good thing I held off from the DSi.

Drakul
03-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Good thing I held off from the DSi.

Same here.

I'm glad to see Nintendo confirmed the next DS. Maybe the rumours I posted earlier this month are true after all. The important bit of my threads post:

RPAD spent the entire Game Developers Conference trying to dig up information on Nintendo's successor to the wildly-successful DS handheld. His findings? Of interest.

According to several third-party developers writer Raymond Padilla spoke with, the next Nintendo handheld sounds a lot like the current Nintendo handheld, only with better screens and better performance. Just like we asked for.

The key findings were:

- That the handheld's two screens - yes, it's going dual-screen again - are not only bigger, but the "gap between the two screens is negligible", meaning they can serve as either two separate screens or as a a single large display.

- It's got an accelerometer in it.

- It's expected, based on the handheld's dev kit, to have performance similar to a GameCube. Meaning it has similar performance to a Wii. Handheld Mario Galaxy and Wind Waker? Yes please.

- Many of the developers said their games would be finished towards the end of the year, suggesting a late 2010 release.

And that suggests a reveal of the console at this year's E3 Expo in Los Angeles. It's important to note at this stage that these are all unconfirmed rumours, but then, they do sound awfully sensible, don't they?

My source (http://kotaku.com/5493233/rumor-ds-successor-has-nifty-screen-gamecube-power).

Original source (http://rpad.tv/2010/03/12/nintendo-ds2-information-unearthed-at-gdc-2010/).

A 3D, duel-screen, touch-screen, accelormeter enabled, GameCube performance level hand held sounds amazing.
The idea of 3D without glasses makes me think of some kind of hologram but I doubt we are that advanced at a affordable price, if at all.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Don't forget about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

That gets 3D with a movement illusion. With an accelormeter you could probably get a similar effect.

The other theory is that each screen has 2 screens, one for the left eye and one for the right eye which can produce a simlar 3D effect to the glasses in movies.

Not every game will have to take advantage of it anyway, if it's DS compatible then 2D games will have to be possible too.

Kane Knight
03-23-2010, 08:50 AM
I seen some TV prototypes at CES about 3 years ago where you had to sit direct centre to see the projected image. Not sure if they've moved on in 3 years, but it might be like a Gameboy, having to get the perfect position for the light.

There have been improvements in 3D images. I don't know what the field of vision is, but at least it won't be as static as that.

Unless they use date technology, but Nintendo wouldn't do that....

Drakul
03-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Just saw this on Kotaku. There was a DSi game released only in Japan. It used the camera to make it seem like the game was in 3D. If the 3DS is able to play DSi game, it'll have at a camera to.

Here is the game:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SWAg1s7xfz0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SWAg1s7xfz0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#BROKEN Hasney
03-23-2010, 08:59 AM
It sounds a bit bizzare though that the "several" developers that the report talked about never mentioned the 3D element so I'm not sure how much truth there are in the original rumors from CES... Either that or Nintendo have decided to add it after the initial dev kits went out when they found an affordable solution.

Xero
03-23-2010, 09:28 AM
lol am I the only one who who checked to see if it was April 1st?

#BROKEN Hasney
03-23-2010, 10:35 AM
lol am I the only one who who checked to see if it was April 1st?

Yeah, if this came from anywhere but Nintendo's official site, I would be singing BS from the rooftops.

Droford
03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Nintendo should have called it the Virtual Boy 2

Mike the Metal Ed
03-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Nintendo should have called it the Virtual Boy 2
Because 3D technology hasn't moved on at all since 1995.

alvarado52
03-23-2010, 04:21 PM
im waiting for the DS with Smell-o-vision. Judging from the DSi game, it appears the DSi is fairly capable of doing 3d already....why make an entire new system for it?

James Steele
03-23-2010, 04:48 PM
WTF is up with everything needing a 3D gimmick now? Movies, video games, HDTVs, etc.

Kalyx triaD
03-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Not needing glasses makes it much more attractive.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-23-2010, 05:39 PM
im waiting for the DS with Smell-o-vision. Judging from the DSi game, it appears the DSi is fairly capable of doing 3d already....why make an entire new system for it?

Depends on how they do it. If they do the rumored overlapped screens, it will be a much better effect than simply camera tracking.

And it's a whole new system. I would have jumped at a more powerful DS anyway, without any 3D gimmick.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-23-2010, 06:21 PM
From Joystiq:

As if news of a new handheld device coming from Nintendo in the middle of the night wasn't enough, Engadget today spotted two reports out of Japanese newspapers Asahi and Nikkei detailing the 3DS' known hardware so far. Asahi claims that the handheld's 3D output (remember, sans silly glasses) comes via a "parallax barrier LCD" from Sharp, while Nikkei backs this up and adds that the device's screens will measure roughly four inches diagonally across (each).

Nikkei also claims the device will feature a "3D control stick," though this could presumably be an analog control stick, as well as rumble support and an upped battery life / speedier Wi-Fi. And while we heard last night that the device would arrive on retail shelves sometime in "Fiscal 2010" (before the end of calendar year March 2011), the report says it will arrive during the "second half of [calendar] 2010," owing the new handheld's reveal to slowing DS sales. In speaking with a representative from Nintendo of America, the New York Times confirmed that we'll get our first hands-on with the 3DS at E3 2010, so we'll get our chance to find out exactly what that hardware contains soon enough.

It's "proper" 3D and not head tracking and an analogue stick. It's the latter I'm more interested in and pray it's not a PSP style nub.

Vietnamese Crippler
03-23-2010, 06:38 PM
June can't come fast enough.

Poit
03-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Wow... I want.

dronepool
03-23-2010, 09:45 PM
WTF is up with everything needing a 3D gimmick now? Movies, video games, HDTVs, etc.

It is annoying, isn't it? This just might be even more fuel into fire:-\

thecc
03-24-2010, 02:21 AM
once again sega outdoes nintendo

http://screwattack.com/videos/Hard-Dude-032310

Drakul
03-24-2010, 02:26 AM
It'll be playable at E3. So, we should get a good idea about how it's going to work. I know we knew it would be shown but no one knew it would be playable.

Story (http://kotaku.com/5500611/nintendo-3ds-will-be-playable-in-june).

#BROKEN Hasney
03-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Sony have given us their take.

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-rejects-3ds-says-children-don-t-need-3d-gaming-168779.phtml

Essentially says that 3D with glasses for PS3 is amazing!!! But their research is 8 and 9 year olds don't care for 3D so the 3DS will fail.

Of course, the handheld that has a bigger install base than any of the 3 major consoles (and PSP) is exclusively owned by 8 and 9 year olds.

Kane Knight
03-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Sony have given us their take.

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-rejects-3ds-says-children-don-t-need-3d-gaming-168779.phtml

Essentially says that 3D with glasses for PS3 is amazing!!! But their research is 8 and 9 year olds don't care for 3D so the 3DS will fail.

Of course, the handheld that has a bigger install base than any of the 3 major consoles (and PSP) is exclusively owned by 8 and 9 year olds.

Next week they will announce the PS3DP, claiming it was their idea all along.

Vietnamese Crippler
03-24-2010, 10:45 PM
The PS3 Double Penetration?

Funky Fly
03-30-2010, 05:02 AM

Right, because Sony's not happy with fucking you over with just one dick ;)

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I'd be down with Analog sticks. And with the backward compatibility, the touch screen is obviously still in. I might actually adopt early this time around.

KayfabeMan
03-30-2010, 05:11 AM
VIRTUAL BOY 2.0

Kane Knight
03-30-2010, 10:58 AM

Well, it was just supposed to be a redundant "Playstation" to mock naming conventions, but yours is much better.

It's gonna need more than a "nub" this time, though.

Right, because Sony's not happy with fucking you over with just one dick ;)

OMG. You XBOT!

:shifty:

Besides, they're a corporation. No one dick fucks you.

alvarado52
03-30-2010, 02:06 PM
this is gonna be sick son

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WkgMUk_5p2A&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WkgMUk_5p2A&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

DAMN iNATOR
03-31-2010, 07:33 AM
"Cardboard Brown"? They marketing this to homeless people all of a sudden or what?

Drakul
04-03-2010, 02:06 AM
So, Sharp revealed their handheld 3D touchscreen technology yesterday. Kotaku is talking as if they are the ones behind the 3D technology for the 3DS. Are they? I must have missed it.

The new 3D touchscreen LCD tech is capable of switching between 2D and 3D modes, perfect for backward compatibility with the current Nintendo DS and DSi software libraries. And, perhaps best of all, Sharp's new screen features some impressive specs, boasting a 854 x 480 pixel resolution. Compared to the 256 x 192 pixel resolution of the Nintendo DSi and DSi XL and the 480 x 272 resolution of the PlayStation Portable, we could have a very attractive picture to look forward to.

Full story (http://kotaku.com/5508371/is-this-the-new-nintendo-3ds-touchscreen).

Edit: There is a video of the conference on YouTube but the 3D effect doesn't work on camera, so there isn't really anything worth seeing.

DAMN iNATOR
04-03-2010, 07:38 PM
"Cardboard Brown"? They marketing this to homeless people all of a sudden or what?

I must apologize to any homeless people out there reading this right now. That was quite uncalled for on my part.

Drakul
05-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Seeking to allay fears over the possible health problems associated with playing games in 3D, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has said that his company's upcoming 3DS handheld will have a "toggle", allowing users to switch between 2D and 3D.

From a legal standpoint, it's a solid decision. There are many people with conditions that mean playing in 3D is either painful or just doesn't work, so having the option of playing games in 2D gets around this problem easily.

But what does it mean for 3D games? If there's an "off" switch for the technology, does that mean the games won't make fundamental use of it, since they'll need to be designed to run in both 2D and 3D? That'd reduce the tech to a mere gimmick.

Or will it mean that some games will need to be marked "3D Only", meaning those who can't play in 3D (or don't want to) are straight out of luck?

It's a messy situation to find yourself in. Then again, when it comes to the transition to 3D entertainment, messy seems par for the course.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5533924/nintendos-3d-can-be-switched-off-but-what-does-this-mean-for-games).

Drakul
06-07-2010, 04:09 AM
3DS could be close to "Xbox 360/PS3" graphics.

Since the Game Boy Advance was a Super Nintendo, and the DS was a Nintendo 64, most people expect the upcoming 3DS to have the horsepower of a GameCube. IGN say that may be under-selling the machine somewhat.

The website reports "Several developers that have experienced 3DS in its current form have reported, off the record, that it has processing capabilities that far exceed the Nintendo Wii and bring the device with abilities that are close to HD consoles such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360."

Interesting. Sounds like "several developers" may be getting ahead of themselves there, as we seriously doubt the 3DS will be packing such a powerful punch as to even come close to HD home consoles. But that's OK. We don't need it to! A handheld as good-looking as a Wii (or GameCube) would be fine; any better than that, no matter how slight or exaggerated the final results, and it's a bonus.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5556874/rumor-3ds-close-to-360-ps3-graphics).

I can't imagine it being that powerful and, like others have said, GameCube/Wii graphics would be good enough. It would great if it was 360 level graphics, though. Or they could use that power to put more into the game and just settle for GC graphics.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-07-2010, 05:16 AM
To be fair, Nintendo handhelds are usually slightly more powerful than the home console generation they're closest to. If the 3DS has Gamefube power, but high-resolution screens, the graphics would look close to some 360/PS3 games.

Kalyx triaD
06-07-2010, 06:57 AM
That's pretty wild.

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Mock up's going around:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/06/3dsstick.jpg

Based on the descriptions of a Chinaman who claims to have a dev kit.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Based on the descriptions of a Chinaman

Then it's clearly lies.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 01:45 PM
RIGHT THEN KIDDIES.

Would probably call the graphics inbetween a PSP and a Gamcube based on Kid Icarus.

Analogue control :heart: as well as motion controls, d-pad and a touch screen.

3D Camera

You can turn the 3D effect up and down on a slider, or off completley.

It IS proper 3D and not a depth illusion.

3D Camera built in

Wireless internet, always on with no fees.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 01:49 PM
OK, just had it from 2 sources that the grapahics quality on the device they are using as we speak, has 360 quality GFX. These may be pre-rendered, but Nintendo doesn't usually over-state power. God I hope it holds up.

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 01:52 PM
http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/06/php0saetlimg_0091-w1000_01.jpg

Notice the Home button center/bottom.

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 01:53 PM
OK, just had it from 2 sources that the grapahics quality on the device they are using as we speak, has 360 quality GFX. These may be pre-rendered, but Nintendo doesn't usually over-state power. God I hope it holds up.

BULLSHIT MAN, BULL. SHIT.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 01:56 PM
I doubt it as well, but even in 2D and stretched to a screen much bigger than the 3DS's screens, it looked awesome.

Hell, on a handheld, I'm more than content with a PSP level of power.

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Handhelds get a pass due to their very concept, so visuals aren't that important. But the 3DS being as strong as a GCN at least? Crazy. Can't believe I'm witnessing this in my lifetime. I used to think Gameboy Color was the shit.

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 02:08 PM
"Pilotwings Resort" coming to 3DS.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 02:09 PM
trhm ,mnldrasgkmlglk;g,l'd,sdfklmsf

PILOT-FUCKING-WINGS

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Star Fox 64 3D coming as well.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Wait, a remake of the N64 title in 3D? Interesting.

LuigiD
06-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Quick review courtesy of Kotaku of what is known about the 3DS:
• The Nintendo 3DS is black and blue
• As promised, this is a glasses-free 3D device
• Two cameras on the outside of the device for 3D picture taking
• 3D depth slider on the side of the device
• Round numb analog stick called the "Slide Pad"
• Bottom screen is a touch panel
• Below the touch screen are Select, Home and Start buttons
• Underneath the A, B, X, Y buttons is the handheld's power button
• Motion sensor and gyroscope
• Compatible with Nintendo DSi
• A camera facing the player above the portable's 3D screen
• The ability to play 3D Hollywood movies, like Legends of the Guardians from Warner Brothers
• The 3DS launch game will be Kid Icarus: Uprising
• It is a powerful system, featuring improved graphics
• The 3DS periodically searchs for WiFi spots and other 3DSs
• Easy online navigation
• No monthly fee for Nintendo's 3DS online access
• Nintendo is developing 3D Nintendogs
• More than twenty companies have signed on to develop for the 3DS
• The top screen is 3.5 inches
• Release date is TBA
• Price is TBA

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Fuck it, do that Goldeneye remake on here as well as Wii plz.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Damn, just realised I am actually hyped for the Goldeneye remake.
DISAPPOINTMENT SHIELDS ACTIVATE

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Mario Kart 3DS
Paper Mario 3DS
Animal Crossing 3DS
Your fucking life 3DS

Vietnamese Crippler
06-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Nintendo (http://games.ign.com/objects/025/025047.html) released a partial list of 3DS titles currently in development for the new handheld. Some notable titles include Pilot Wings 3DS (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077812.html), Star Fox 64 3D, and a new title from Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima.

Here is the list so far:

Activision (http://games.ign.com/objects/025/025004.html)
DJ Hero 3D

AQ INTERACTIVE
cubic ninja

Atlus (http://games.ign.com/objects/025/025011.html)
Etrian Odyssey
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Capcom (http://games.ign.com/objects/025/025017.html)
Resident Evil Revelations (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077738.html)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (name not final)

Electronic Arts (http://games.ign.com/objects/025/025025.html)
FIFA Soccer
Madden NFL
The Sims 3 (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077768.html)

Gameloft (http://games.ign.com/objects/027/027539.html)
Asphalt GT (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077769.html)

Harmonix
Music game

Hudson Soft
Bomberman franchise
Deca Sports franchise
Kororinpa franchise

Konami
Baseball franchise
Contra franchise
Frogger franchise
Hideo Kojima'S Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D
"The Naked Sample"
Pro Evolution Soccer franchise /
Winning Eleven franchise

LEVEL-5
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077742.html) (name not final)

Majesco Entertainment
BloodRayne: The Shroud (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077775.html)
A Boy and His Blob (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077777.html)
Face Racers: Photo Finish (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077779.html)
Lion's Pride: Adventures on the Serengeti (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077785.html)
Martha Stewart
WonderWorld Amusement Park

Marvelous Entertainment
BOKUJYOUMONOGATARI 3D (name not final)

Namco Bandai (http://games.ign.com/objects/821/821709.html)
Dragon Ball franchise (name not final)
Gundam franchise (name not final)
Pac-Man & Galaga(name not final)
Ridge Racer (name not final)
Super Robot franchise (name not final)

Nintendo

Animal Crossing
Kid Icarus: Uprising (http://ds.ign.com/objects/143/14323409.html)
Mario Kart
nintendogs + cats
Paper Mario
PilotWings Resort
Star Fox 64 3D
Steel Diver

ROCKET
Crash-City GP (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077820.html)
VS-robo

SEGA
Sonic (name not final)
Super Monkey Ball (name not final)

SQUARE ENIX
Dragon Quest franchise
Final Fantasy franchise
Kingdom Hearts franchise

Take-Two Interactive
Carnival Games franchise

Tecmo Koei
Dead or Alive 3D (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077758.html) (name not final)
Dynasty Warriors (name not final)
Ninja Gaiden (name not final)
Samurai Warriors 3D(name not final)
Tomy
Lovely List 3D
Naruto Shippuden Action

THQ (http://games.ign.com/objects/025/025159.html)
de Blob 2
Kung Fu Panda Kaboom of Doom
Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity Gauntlet (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077804.html)
The Penguins of Madagascar
Puss N Boots
Saints Row: Drive-By (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077731.html)

Ubisoft (http://games.ign.com/objects/025/025075.html)
Assassin's Creed Lost Legacy (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077736.html)
Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077788.html)
Driver Renegade (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077791.html)
Hollywood 61 (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077793.html) (name not final)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (http://ds.ign.com/objects/077/077798.html)

Warner Bros
Batman franchise
LEGO franchise

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Harmonix
Music game

SHOCKING

Hot list though... REALLY hot list.

Now Shenmue 3(D) please.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Dead or Alive 3D. 3D, bouncing titties?

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Oh Hell yeah.

Anyway, look who's ready for their close up:

http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/176547-3DS.jpg

Actually not crazy about the color scheme, but what-the fuck-ever. There's also a red version, red's where the blue would be.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 02:51 PM
I wonder if Snake Eater will be a port or a new game.

I never finished the original Snake Eater so I'll be fine with that.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 04:57 PM
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/176573-/3DS_MarioKart_03ss03_E3-noscale.jpg

:'(

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 05:00 PM
These pictures do nothing for me!! Must see for myself!

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 05:01 PM
These pictures do nothing for me!! Must see for myself!

Even if I knew that it wasn't 3D, those level of graphics on a Nintendo hand held would make me dance around my flat.

Funky Fly
06-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Fucking fuck, WANT.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-15-2010, 05:24 PM
http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098014p1.html

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 05:28 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-quick-hands-on-with-the-nintendo-3ds-176547.phtml

This is going to be quick and hyperbole-filled.

After the Nintendo press conference, Jim Sterling and I made our way to a section at the back of the theater where some lovely ladies were letting us demo the Nintendo 3DS.

The actual games are on the show floor, but they showed us a demo of sorts that shows off the new handheld device's technology. Moving images from famous Nintendo franchises faded in and out, from Mario to Pikmin, Metroid to Zelda.

In a word, the technology was amazing. Actually, amazing doesn't even begin to describe what Jim and I just saw. Even Jim Sterling looked at me and couldn't believe what he was seeing. The hype is correct: 3D. No glasses. The images do not just fall back into the screen as some people thought. They come out at you. IN 3D! WITH NO GLASSES! It is absolutely surreal.

And attention should also be given to the quality of the graphics. They were stunning. I would say Wii-level, at the very least. The images were polished, colorful, and, most importantly, bright. They were popping (literally!) off of the screen.

The show floor opens in a few minutes. I can't wait to try out some of the games on the Nintendo 3DS. You all are not ready. It is truly incredible.

--------------------------------

There isn't anyone who hasn't been completley blown away by it. If Jim Sterling is in shock in a good way, it's doing something to your mind.

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 05:31 PM
eeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 05:34 PM
http://press.nintendo.com/E32010/3DS/FACT_E3_UpcomingGames_3DS.pdf

username: guest
password: nintendo

WOOO, PRESS RESOURCES.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Same thing I posted, right?

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Yes, BUT NOW IN COMMEMORATIVE HACKED FROM NINTENDO SOUVENIR FORM

Vietnamese Crippler
06-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Boom: http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098192p1.html

Ocarina of Time 3DS

LuigiD
06-15-2010, 09:18 PM
what a fucking line up for the N3DS..unbelievable.
Contra? Mario Kart? Ocarina of Time? MGS? fuck..

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 01:16 AM
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/176631-KHHeader.jpg

Oh my fucking god...

Kalyx triaD
06-16-2010, 01:21 AM
They could, essentially, double-dip N64/GCN's whole catalog. Rogue Squadron II ftw.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 01:25 AM
They could, essentially, double-dip N64/GCN's whole catalog. Rogue Squadron II ftw.

And PS2's it seems. That Snake Eater is a remake.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Official: 3DS has won the <s>handheld</s> console war. May as well trade in your 360/PS3 for one.

http://destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=146851&post_key=176608#prevnext

Vietnamese Crippler
06-16-2010, 01:33 AM
Source or GTFO.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 01:40 AM
http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-super-street-fighter-iv-3d-edition-is-a-mouthful-176608.phtml

Drakul
06-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Anyone interested in specs:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/06/500x_3dstop.jpg

DIMENSIONS (when closed)

5.3 inches x 2.9 inches x 0.8 inches

WEIGHT

8 ounces

TOP SCREEN

3.52 inch widescreen display / 800x240 resolution (400 pixels for each eye during 3D gameplay)

BOTTOM SCREEN

3.02 inch touch-screen display / 320x240 resolution

CAMERAS

Three cameras, two on outer casing, one above top screen / 640x480 resolution (0.3 megapixel)

STORAGE MEDIUM

Cartridge slot for both 3DS and DS cards (3DS cards have a 2GB capacity "at launch", suggesting larger sizes to come) / SD memory card slot

WIRELESS

2.4ghz / 802.11 wi-fi / Can communicate with other consoles or internet when in sleep mode / wireless can be switched off to preserve battery life

CONTROLS / INPUT

Touch-screen / D-pad / 360-degree "Slide Pad" (the analog stick) / motion sensor / gyro sensor / 3D "depth slider" can reduce (or even disable) 3D effects in games

STYLUS

4-inch stylus (when full extended)

AUDIO

Stereo speakers (includes stereo headphone out jack)

BATTERY

Lithium ion battery (lifespan details TBA)

PARENTAL CONTROLS

The 3DS will include parental controls

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/06/500x_dsspecs.jpg

Source (http://kotaku.com/5564518/check-out-the-3ds-hardware-specs).

I'll be picking up a red one for the red/black colour scheme. Do you think we'll see more M games now that it has parental controls and has a little more power than the DS? Speaking of M rated content, how long before someone takes a photo of boobs, ass or other body parts to view them in 3D whenever and where ever they want?

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 01:57 AM
Man, if they're going to do a spec sheet, at least let me know processors running this beast.

Fucking Kotaku...

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 01:58 AM
Oh yeah, and we weretalking sexting during the conference. 3DS sexting > iPhone 4 sexting.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 01:59 AM
"4-inch stylus (when full extended)"

Sounds like me.

That's right, come get me ladies. http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Blitz
06-16-2010, 02:09 AM
Hugely impressive. Hopefully the price point is reasonable.

Kalyx triaD
06-16-2010, 02:27 AM
Taking 3D pics is the first thing I'm gonna do. Wonder is you could send them to a friend over wifi.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-16-2010, 02:38 AM
I wonder how much stronger the security of the system will be to prevent rampant piracy.

Funky Fly
06-16-2010, 02:43 AM
probably will get updated sooner, but will still have problems. That auto-patching may spell the end of DS piracy... until someone makes a hack to turn it off.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 02:43 AM
I wonder how much stronger the security of the system will be to prevent rampant piracy.

Why do you think there's always on internet? It will update firmware
without asking, I bet.

Emperor Smeat
06-16-2010, 02:50 AM
Anyone interested in specs:

Source (http://kotaku.com/5564518/check-out-the-3ds-hardware-specs).

I'll be picking up a red one for the red/black colour scheme. Do you think we'll see more M games now that it has parental controls and has a little more power than the DS? Speaking of M rated content, how long before someone takes a photo of boobs, ass or other body parts to view them in 3D whenever and where ever they want?

Already been done with the DSi in Japan but mostly with taking upskirt pictures of women.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-16-2010, 02:53 AM
Why do you think there's always on internet? It will update firmware
without asking, I bet.

Like Funky mentioned, someone could come up with a hack to turn it off.

Droford
06-16-2010, 02:55 AM
Nintendo being so anti "glasses for 3d" was funny, but theres technology out there to do 3d without glasses, which is why all the people buying 3d tvs that need the stupid glasses are idiots. But aside from that, fuck the whole 3d craze in general, and nintendo using it is just a gimmick here the 3ds though at least they souped up the graphics enough so they can go back and quadruple dip on n64 games..ugh.

I wanna predict this will bomb, but not until I see a price point. I find it hard to believe they can go sub $200, but if they can then it will sell. More than $200 and it'll be no better than the PSP and they can go to work on a proper new handheld without the lame 3d gimmick.

Funky Fly
06-16-2010, 02:58 AM
Even at $250, this will do well. Glasses-free 3D is too expensive when it comes to something as big as a TV, so that's why the TV market is till using the glasses.

Droford
06-16-2010, 03:17 AM
Even at $250, this will do well. Glasses-free 3D is too expensive when it comes to something as big as a TV, so that's why the TV market is till using the glasses.

All Nintendo is doing apparently with the 3ds is putting some sort of polarizing filter in front of the screen that acts like a set of 3d glasses. This works on a handheld because you won't be viewing at far distances and odd angles, but it doesn't work well on a large tv viewed far away.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 03:21 AM
Nintendo being so anti "glasses for 3d" was funny, but theres technology out there to do 3d without glasses, which is why all the people buying 3d tvs that need the stupid glasses are idiots. But aside from that, fuck the whole 3d craze in general, and nintendo using it is just a gimmick here the 3ds though at least they souped up the graphics enough so they can go back and quadruple dip on n64 games..ugh.

I wanna predict this will bomb, but not until I see a price point. I find it hard to believe they can go sub $200, but if they can then it will sell. More than $200 and it'll be no better than the PSP and they can go to work on a proper new handheld without the lame 3d gimmick.

The only negative viewpoint on the internet I have seen so far, ladies and gentleman.

They can take 28781237981023 dips on N64 games and I will ask for more, espeically on a system that is already showing a huge amount of new games and seems to have every top franchise going.

I will put money on this shifting quicker than the DS.

Blitz
06-16-2010, 03:57 AM
Unless they price this thing at like 399, there's no way it will bomb. Even at that price, it might not.

Droford
06-16-2010, 04:18 AM
The only negative viewpoint on the internet I have seen so far, ladies and gentleman.

They can take 28781237981023 dips on N64 games and I will ask for more, espeically on a system that is already showing a huge amount of new games and seems to have every top franchise going.

I will put money on this shifting quicker than the DS.

Im pretty sure everyones aware of my hatred towards 3d since within a couple years I'll be blind in one eye and incapable of seeing 3d, just about the time they get it cheap and done right.

But still, right now..3d is a lame gimmick, used to jack up ticket prices to lame retarded movies. I guarantee that the next iphone/ipod will have similar 3d technology and everyone will jizz their nuts off over that as well...probably even more since Apple fanboys are 10x worse than any other right now.

Meanwhile Nintendo gets to rehash the same games for the eleventy billionth time, this time with 3D effects, gyroscopic controls and "improved graphics" which is kinda sad because these games look just as good as Wii games if not better than some 3rd party crap on the Wii.

Nintendo has to be to the point where I think they cede the home console completely and just keep rehashing DS's every year like Apple does with ipods and iphones instead of making a home console thats gotta last 10 years plus now. They have almost no competition in the portable gaming segment since the PSP is a joke and though you can play games on an iphone, thats pretty much a complete joke having to spend $80 a month to play games, none of which look anything like Nintendo will be offering on the 3ds.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 04:19 AM
You can turn the 3D off at any time though, making it a more powerful, widescreen DS.

Which I would have been more than happy with.

Droford
06-16-2010, 04:21 AM
You can turn the 3D off at any time though, making it a more powerful, widescreen DS.

Which I would have been more than happy with.

Thats great, but they arent selling it on that, its the lame 3d gimmick. Im actually surprised they didnt make a non 3d version too, but I guess thats where the turn off the 3d comes in.

Funky Fly
06-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Seriously, tho the DS is by far the best thing Nintendo has going for it right now. Soooo many good *non-rehashed* games for it.

I'm pretty sure the 3DS will be just as good with or without 3D or rehash titles.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 05:52 AM
I was sold on the DS as soon as I seen Mario 64 DS.

All the original games that came out after that were crazy gravy.

Funky Fly
06-16-2010, 05:56 AM
Yeah word.

International digital high 5!

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 05:59 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/hollywoodh/rb-highfive-big.gif

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 07:03 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/06/6-15-10-3dspreviewmain600.jpg

Guys face is incredible. They've got some impressions of stuff shown too.

Our first go at the system was nintendogs + cats, and we were quickly won over by the adorable beagle we adopted. The frisbee seems to pop just slightly off the screen when it's held up by this furry friend, and you can almost feel the dog's paws resting up against the screen.
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D "The Naked Sample," meanwhile, was very impressive for a camera-control-only hands-on. A pitch-perfect replica of the first jungle level of Metal Gear Solid 3, the demo showed the handheld more than capable of PS2-quality graphics, with enough seamlessly integrated pop-out and depth effects (the foliage) to emulate a window into Snake's little world.
Resident Evil Revelationshad some of the best graphics we've ever seen on a mobile device, though they were only for close-cropped cutscenes of characters -- we doubt they can keep up this sort of fidelity throughout, and the title wasn't playable. Still, a modicum of camera control let us know what we were viewing was live-rendered, and it was impressive indeed.
Kid Icarus wasn't playable, sadly, and graphics were a little blocky, but a brief video didn't completely fail to impress. Of all the 3D environments we saw for Nintendo's new handheld, Pit's rail shooter segments dizzily dodging laser beams showed the most stereoscopic depth.
Space shooter StarFox 3Dwas one editor's favorite, and not just because it was actually playable -- like Metal Gear Solid, the demo brought the original game's first level to life convincingly, but also showed off quite satisfactory physical controls. We flew under arches in StarFox and through hoops in PilotWings with deft little motions of the analog slider, which we found both less touchy and more grippy than Sony's PSP nub. And oh yes, double-taps of the 3DS shoulder buttons had us performing loads of barrel rolls.
Augmented reality: We love augmented reality in theory, and the addition of 3D and a bit of Nintendo-style insanity serves it well. We played one game where we strafed around an item card on the table, which blossomed a 3D monster bent on our destruction. Unfortunately, our intuition to lean around the object kept on taking us out of the 3DS's 3D sweet spot. Another game was much more effective, scanning our face with the front camera, and then pasting that face on flying robotic enemies that we could pan the 3DS around to aim at and attack.
Trailers for movies including Legend of the Guardians and Disney's Tangled showed we've come a long way since the days of sub-25fps MobiClip framerates -- both had plenty of stereoscopic effects and no visible artifacting, and were perfectly watchable in either 2D or 3D modes.
Racing games are a shoe-in for 3D, and Ridge Racer was very comfortable to play, if not too particularly astonishing visually.
Classics collection: Something we wouldn't expect, but a roundup of a few of Nintendo's classic titles (Super Mario Bros., Yoshi's Island were a couple we saw) is actually served pretty will by the 3DS, with those familiar pixelated backgrounds given just a bit of depth. It's unclear if, when or how this would hit market, but we sure hope it does.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 12:44 PM
OoT 3DS will have an easier water temple.

Probably the only thing that stops me from playing it to death on the older versions is that fucking temple.

Kalyx triaD
06-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Pussy. Water Temple was boss. I was the first guy in my high school to finish it. :D

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm going to get one of these. I haven't owned a handheld system since the original GameBoy (I'm talking the big fat grey motherfucker), and GameGear.

Requiem
06-16-2010, 01:02 PM
For once, I am excited about something Nintendo is doing.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 01:09 PM
More impressions on what Nintendo are showing off:

Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle, originally announced this fall when there was no 3DS, was much better -- and much 3D-i-er -- than you'd expect from a Professor Layton game made for the 3DS. Even though the game still employs the familiar hand-drawn 2D character models, the town map on the bottom screen is now polygonal, and the magnifying glass cursor now zooms in areas of the top screen when you investigate them. It's a nice visual upgrade for the already-pretty Layton franchise. The one puzzle I played, and failed to complete, involved putting a robot together in four parts. The wrinkle was that to assemble it, I had to put the pieces in four boxes, and I had to figure out which box corresponds to which vertical position, and in which orientation. That puzzle wasn't so 3D.

Face Ace was a small demo that started with a photograph of my face (after lining up my eyes and mouth with onscreen lines). It turned that photo into a nightmarish 3D model, dead-eyed and cackling, clad in a weird space helmet. It was up to me to aim a reticle by tilting the DS, and tap to shoot at my own face over and over again.

DJ Hero 3D used the touch screen for the same functions as the DJ Hero controller -- tap to simulate hitting a button, swipe to scratch, and swipe sideways to crossfade. I put it in easy mode for the demo, and that meant that tapping anywhere on the screen activated any color, so it was ... easy. This game had the most noticeable 3D effect of anything on 3DS. The note highway (or whatever you call it) literally seemed to split into two as it hit the bottom of the screen (which means, in 3D terms, that it's flying out directly into your face).

I also played Xevious. It was the classic arcade game, with all the ships and projectiles displaying in 3D. Not really much more to say about that! It is rather interesting that Namco Bandai is experimenting with 3D display for retro games.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/16/preview-the-3ds-lineup/

For some reason, the thought of 2D retro games untouched except for being in 3D excites me. No idea why.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Because you're a NINTENDO FANBOY!!1!

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 05:11 PM
I think I might be if this lives up to the hype :$ To do that in my eyes though, 3rd parties have to learn the lessons with the Wii and DS. Just because it has motion control and a touch screen doesn't mean they have to use them in every single game. There's a stick there and a d-pad for a reason (I'm looking at you, UbiSoft)

This will go against my Sega fanboy roots :'(

Emperor Smeat
06-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Nintendo has to be to the point where I think they cede the home console completely and just keep rehashing DS's every year like Apple does with ipods and iphones instead of making a home console thats gotta last 10 years plus now. They have almost no competition in the portable gaming segment since the PSP is a joke and though you can play games on an iphone, thats pretty much a complete joke having to spend $80 a month to play games, none of which look anything like Nintendo will be offering on the 3ds.

No reason for Nintendo to ever give up on consoles if every single home console had made them a profit since day 1 on each release. They basically use the handhelds to help fund the consoles and the consoles to help fund the handhelds.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-16-2010, 05:28 PM
But if Shenmue 3D were to happen...

Drakul
06-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Pretty big line:

<object id="grp29561182" width="425" height="319" data="http://v.giantrealm.com/saf/272828ab50091da6eb1ae85133def12ae9a44eb4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://v.giantrealm.com/saf/272828ab50091da6eb1ae85133def12ae9a44eb4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="embed=1&vi=ec0f0514d7ee0649b01ad387f9c4b530415255b4&oid=grp29561182&cu=http%3A%2F%2Fscrewattack%2Ecom%2Fvideos%2FExclusive%2DNintendo%2D3DS%2DLine&play%2Devent%2Dhandler=gr%2Evideos%2EplayerEventHandler&min%2Dage=0&pid=272828ab50091da6eb1ae85133def12ae9a44eb4&autostart=1&ads=1"></param><embed name="grp29561182" src="http://v.giantrealm.com/saf/272828ab50091da6eb1ae85133def12ae9a44eb4" FlashVars="embed=1&vi=ec0f0514d7ee0649b01ad387f9c4b530415255b4&oid=grp29561182&cu=http%3A%2F%2Fscrewattack%2Ecom%2Fvideos%2FExclusive%2DNintendo%2D3DS%2DLine&play%2Devent%2Dhandler=gr%2Evideos%2EplayerEventHandler&min%2Dage=0&pid=272828ab50091da6eb1ae85133def12ae9a44eb4&autostart=1&ads=1" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="319" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

Drakul
06-17-2010, 03:12 AM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/9/2010/06/2f139a27787f74fcd66c9a22eb613112/original.jpg

Funky Fly
06-17-2010, 03:14 AM
Wow, 3DS > PSP in terms of graphics.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-17-2010, 03:30 AM
On the 3DS, he can also come out and EAT YOUR SNAKE :$

#BROKEN Hasney
06-17-2010, 03:30 AM
That was terrible, I don't feel good about that at all.

Funky Fly
06-17-2010, 03:31 AM
Would it help if I ate your snake?

Funky Fly
06-17-2010, 03:31 AM
There, now we're in it together.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Star Fox 64 3D is one of the few playable titles out of the oodles of announced 3DS projects (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/15/heres-the-list-of-every-3ds-game-in-development/) on display at Nintendo's E3 booth. It's a short demo of the classic N64 game's first level, fading out after a few seconds of the boss battle.

The 3DS version of Star Fox 64 is instantly familiar to players of the original. The demo opens as you cruise over a short stretch of ocean (a shortened version of the original level's intro), soaring through a ravine into "Corneria City." The place is an obstacle course, the vision of some insane architect, and I crashed and collided with the archways and tumbling towers my first time through, as my eyes drifted down to the touch screen, which displayed the control layout.
StarFox 64 3D (3DS) (http://www.joystiq.com/photos/starfox-64-3d-3ds/)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/06/starfox2010-06-03-1_thumbnail.jpg (http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/starfox-64-3d-3ds/3087803/)
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/06/starfox2010-06-03-2_thumbnail.jpg (http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/starfox-64-3d-3ds/3087804/)
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/06/starfox2010-06-03-3_thumbnail.jpg (http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/starfox-64-3d-3ds/3087805/)
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/06/starfox2010-06-03-4_thumbnail.jpg (http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/starfox-64-3d-3ds/3087806/)
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/06/starfox2010-06-03-5_thumbnail.jpg (http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/starfox-64-3d-3ds/3087807/)
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/06/starfox2010-06-03-6_thumbnail.jpg (http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/starfox-64-3d-3ds/3087808/)
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/06/starfox2010-06-03_thumbnail.jpg (http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/starfox-64-3d-3ds/3087809/)

The Arwing craft is controlled using the analog nub and additional maneuvers are mapped to the D-pad. Lasers, bombs, accelerate and brake are executed with the face buttons, and the bumpers, used to bank and barrel roll, round out the simple controls.

Returning to the top screen, I found that the 3D effect really complimented the "course" in the level, drawing out the tunnel-like pathways through Corneria. With the system held steady and my head locked in place (any shift in viewing angle distorts the 3D image), the graphics were incredibly crisp, even with the 3D slider pushed to full. The ever scrolling gameplay (except when in arena-shaped boss battle stages) lends itself well to the deepening effect of Nintendo's new tech. This is Star Fox 64 -- a lasting classic -- in legitimate 3D.

-----------------------

That's it. I'm pre-ordering a 3DS from Japan because Europe will have a long wait like usual. This will be mine as soon as it possibly can be.

Kalyx triaD
06-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Mario Kart in 3D would be crazy.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-17-2010, 05:24 PM
While Nintendo hasn't uttered a word on the subject yet, Japanese financial paper Nikkei reports (via Andriasang) that the 3DS will allow you to install your software to the handheld's internal memory.

For those who aren't familiar with how this works, basically, you select your installed games from the main menu and can then play without needing the original cartridges. Now when I say "your installed games," I mean the 3DS games you purchased and didn't download from the Internet. Right.

We don't know how much internal memory the device will have, but this is still incredible news regardless.

3DS Features Software Install [Andriasang]

-------------

If that's true, that is brilliant for a handheld.

Jeritron
06-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Mario Kart in 3D would be crazy.

Have they done a Smash Bros. for a DS yet?
That would be wild in 3D.

All the classic nintendo titles would be, really. They're all very energetic, fun and vibrant. It's the type of material that lends itself to the gimmick, if done well, which it sounds like will be the case.

Droford
06-18-2010, 01:20 AM
Nintendo is 3 years behind on mobile glassless 3d gaming (http://www.technologyreview.com/communications/25081/?a=f)

The Samsung B710 phone looks like a typical smart phone, but something unexpected happens when the screen is moved from a vertical to a horizontal orientation: the image jumps from 2-D to 3-D. The technology that produces this perception of depth is the work of Julien Flack, CTO of Dynamic Digital Depth, who has spent more than a decade perfecting software that can convert 2-D content to 3-D in real time. It could help solve the biggest problem with 3-D: the need for special glasses that deliver a separate image to each eye.
Flack's software synthesizes 3-D scenes from existing 2-D video by estimating the depth of objects using various cues; a band of sky at the top of a frame probably belongs in the far background, for example. It then creates pairs of slightly different images that the viewer's brain combines to produce the sensation of depth.
The technology can be used with the much-hyped 3-D televisions announced in January (which require glasses), but its biggest impact will be as a way to create content for mobile devices with auto*stereoscopic 3-D displays, which work by directing light to deliver different versions of an image directly to each of a viewer's eyes. The effect works best over a narrow range of viewing angles, so it is ill suited to television or cinema screens. But phones are generally used by one person at a time and are easily held at the optimum angle. That's why mobile multimedia devices are likely to win the race to bring 3-D into the mainstream.
Powered by Flack's software, Dynamic Digital Depth has become an early leader in mobile 3-D. The software was built into the B710, which Samsung released in South Korea in 2007, and Samsung has licensed 3-D content generated by Dynamic Digital Depth for its latest 3-D phone, the W960, released in March. Research firm DisplaySearch recently predicted that by 2018 there will be 71 million such devices worldwide.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-18-2010, 01:35 AM
That's perception of depth, not the projected 3D illusion.

The DSi can do perception of depth.

But we all know that they're not the first anyway, they're licensing the tchnology from Sharp for a start.

Verbose Minch
06-18-2010, 01:47 AM
I love how Droford is just desperate for any reason to hate it.

Funky Fly
06-18-2010, 01:53 AM
I will seriously have to fight the urge to make sweet love to mine when I get it.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-18-2010, 01:55 AM
I will seriously have to fight the urge to make sweet love to mine when I get it.

I'm just concerned spunk stains might ruin the 3D effect :'(

Vietnamese Crippler
06-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Screen protector, dude :roll:

Fignuts
06-18-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm not going through this whole thread to check, but can this play DS and Gameboy advance games?

Drakul
06-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Ds games but I don't think GBA games.

Fignuts
06-18-2010, 03:07 PM
I'll take that, I guess. Can just emulate GBA games, I suppose. Never got a DS, but I'll probably pick this up, since it is BC.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-18-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm reckoning there will be a Virtual Console on this if there's enough storage to install 3DS games. If that happens, expect GBA games on that.

Fignuts
06-18-2010, 04:15 PM
If there's a VC on this, then GBA games will be the least of my concerns.

Funky Fly
06-18-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm gonna pick up a DS Lite when this shit drops, because they will be dirt cheap and I can continue to enjoy my GBA titles on the move.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-18-2010, 05:00 PM
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="620" height="375" id="gorillaPlayer_dest002"><embed src="http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/xplayer/yo033.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="620" height="375" allowscriptaccess="always" swliveconnect="true" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="e=4bffc0037b3a3a49328d685cccfc7c21cc002973d57a44951a38fddf065f5c696a66be9b89ee2d2f0947d4e15d253124c7 d296b9a2a5d695fdd446d15f64f11765e48a3d71ea9b28f3c6de03008e62a02723d09accafe3f4ff222bb8b0&width=620&height=375&pid=dest002&autostart=false&allowscriptaccess=always&usefullscreen=true&esnapshot=4bffc0037b3a3a493b90685cccfc7c21cc002973d57a44951a38fddf065f5c696a66be9b89ee2d2f094ccde270 2233248cc5acabb2a1c298eade4b9a1869fa1f32b8d76936b6c068b683c70a048f75a23f3d95da84&trueurl=http://video.destructoid.com/#166827"></embed></object>

I love Jim for being hilarious and Chad is like an adorable 10 year old.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-19-2010, 01:58 AM
http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-what-the-3ds-game-cartridges-will-look-like-176952.phtml

http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/176952-nintendo_3ds_game_card-540x411.jpg

I am more excited for the 3DS than any other gaming console ever. Do you know how I know this? Because I care about what the god damn cartridge is going to look like. Really, why should I give two sh*ts? I shouldn't, but I do, and for some strange reason I think some other people do as well.

We already knew that the 3DS would be able to play the DS's games and thus use its cartridges so the differences couldn't be too major, but there are some. It has a tab on it for starters. What could that tab do? It's probably where they keep the secret 3D magic. If only we could harness the power of that tab we'd be in business, people! Sadly, the magic tab is a secret that Nintendo will keep to itself, I'm sure.

A not so noticeable change in the cartridge is the fact that the size has been bumped up to 2GB. That's going to allow for a lot prettier and bigger games, as I think we've already seen demonstrated. Then again, with all the talk on downloads and non-stop connectivity who knows if we're even going to be using cartridges? Oh, wait. They already tried that.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-19-2010, 04:31 AM
Interesting... I'm watching the Bonus Round on gametrailers and Pachter says he's talked to Reggie about the 3DS and he said it "costs a lot more than the DSi to produce" and "We're not intending to start losing money on the hardware".

Pachter's shit at predictions, but he's no liar. $250 handheld?

I did end up paying £300 for the DS... Damn imports.

Funky Fly
06-19-2010, 04:47 AM
300 pounds? God damn. Did you pay $16000 for a PS3 as well?

#BROKEN Hasney
06-19-2010, 04:48 AM
I got 2 paydays at the same time from an old job and a new job. It was in a shop 4 months before we got the console. Total impulse buy.

It probably does work out at $16000 CAD :shifty:

Funky Fly
06-19-2010, 05:03 AM
I was referring to those fucktards who bought PS3s off eBay at launch.

Kalyx triaD
06-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Expect a 3D PSP to arrive in the future and join the ranks of DualShock Controllers and PlayStation Move. Y'know, those other gimmicks that Sony said were crap before jumping on the bandwagon.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-20-2010, 07:11 PM
I bet it will be touch-screen too. iPhone style, not DS though.

Funky Fly
06-20-2010, 07:15 PM
PSP has a few quality gems. Other than that, it is a rather shit system.

Kalyx triaD
06-20-2010, 07:50 PM
I would like PSP 50% more if they just add a second analog nob. There is still some merit to playing console-like games on the go.

Drakul
06-21-2010, 04:33 AM
Earlier today, Japanese technology firm Digital Media Professionals sent out a press release confirming that they are the providers of the graphics chip for the new Nintendo 3DS.

This chip is called the PICA200, an older GPU (it's from 2006!) that DMP says provides "high quality graphics" with "low power consumption". Handy for a handheld, that! Because it's older, it's also presumably cheaper than something more cutting edge, and we all know Nintendo likes to keep production costs at a minimum (as the company sells hardware for a profit).

To give you a rough idea of the PICA200's power, here's an old tech demo dating back to the GPU's release. Being a tech demo, you have to take it with a grain of salt, but even four years old and covered in salt it looks a whole lot better than a DS.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3A-xxUyJvQQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3A-xxUyJvQQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Source (http://kotaku.com/5568456/meet-the-3ds-graphics-chip).

Lookin' good. Doesn't look too far off early 360 graphics, really.

Drakul
06-23-2010, 02:20 AM
So the 3DS does a lot of stuff. It looks like it could also do videochat...in 3D.

The 3DS can play 3DS games, DS games, it can play 3D movies. What else can it do? How about video chat. In 3D.

In an interview with Forbes magazine, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said "Technologically speaking, a variety of different things are possible with the 3DS, for example, 3-D video chat."

Interesting. It'd make for a nice tech demo, but since this is Nintendo (and also because 3D cameras aren't exactly common), it's likely you'd only be able to use it to communicate with other 3DS owners, reducing its usefulness.

Besides, they say the camera adds ten pounds in two dimensions. The third dimension may not be worth the self-loathing.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5570416/3ds-might-get-video-chat).

The 3DS can do a lot, it seems. 3D, backwards compatability, online, movies, touch screen, that gyro movement stuff and accelerometer. What else could it do?

Funky Fly
06-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Make you a sammich if you ask nicely.

Drakul
07-03-2010, 06:21 AM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/07/500x_3ds_zeldaot_02ss04_e3.jpg

According to "developers working on the system", games running on the Nintendo 3DS can look (and perform) even better than those we've seen on one condition: they lose the 3D.

That's what a report on IGN says, as developers "could theoretically use the extra processing power for additional texture passes and more complex object and environment geometry, or even up a framerate from 30 frames per second to 60".

To be honest, I hadn't even considered that. But they're right: it takes processing power to render the images in 3D, since they're essentially creating the same image twice (one for each eye), so freeing that up should indeed result in better-looking games with more stuff on-screen.

Whether a developer or publisher would risk bypassing the system's main selling point is up for debate, but surely somebody is willing to take a chance considering the potential benefits. I know I'd trade 3D in a lot of games for smoother performance and better graphics.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5578822/3ds-games-will-look-better-if-they-ditch-the-3d).

So if a dev doesn't bother with 3D, we'll get a bigger and/or prettier game. Sounds like good trade off to me.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-03-2010, 06:51 AM
I bet Nintendo, at least for a while while the system is gaining ground, mandates 3D in it's games though.

Kalyx triaD
07-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Yeah I figured that was possible but it seemed to obvious to note, but you raise a good point; perhaps developers will make games with no 3D just to get more power and frame rate.

PSP's looking more and more like a piece of shit.

Funky Fly
07-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Give it a year and a half after launch. Non-3D titles from the bigger/well known developers will come out (basically after the 3D loses its newness) and people will rejoice.

I'm sure there will be a bunch of budget titles and stuff from lesser devs which won't bother with 3D from the outset, but will be largely ignored.

Funky Fly
07-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Yeah I figured that was possible but it seemed to obvious to note, but you raise a good point; perhaps developers will make games with no 3D just to get more power and frame rate.

PSP's looking more and more like a piece of shit.

PSP is a piece of shit. The only thing I like about it is that there are 20 or so odd diamonds in an ocean of crap. Worth picking it (and the games obv) up on the cheap for that.

Emperor Smeat
07-03-2010, 02:53 PM
I bet Nintendo, at least for a while while the system is gaining ground, mandates 3D in it's games though.

I think the opposite is going to occur since developers know they need to take advantage of the "3D" to out-produce a Nintendo-caliber game since everyone knows Nintendo will use the "3D" in their launch window games at least.

Traditionally Nintendo handhelds are more forgiving in sales to non-Nintendo games than Nintendo consoles so it won't take long to keep developers on the 3DS and not jump away like they did with the PSP.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-11-2010, 07:14 PM
In a recent interview with CVG, Ian Curran, THQ's executive VP of global publishing, touted his favorite new feature the 3DS will bring to the portable market. No, not its titular three-dimensional display tech. No, not all of those rebooted classic franchises. "What excites me even more," Curran explained, "is that there's technology built in that device to really combat piracy."

Curran added, "they combated the piracy on DSi, which they don't believe is cracked yet - but they know they've been hurt across the world and they believe the 3DS has got technology that can stop that." That's a nice sentiment, but considering how resourceful the modding community has proven itself over the years, we're pretty sure the only thing that could stop them from pirating 3DS games is some sort of self-destruct mechanism. We sincerely doubt Nintendo could get something like that past the FCC.

Shall we break it to Nintendo that the DSi has been cracked?

The only reason the PS3 isn't cracked is due to a powerful hypervisor system. There is no way Nintendo has one on a handheld. They're pretty big and need a lot of power due to the CPU constantly having to tell the hypervisor that it's fine to run that chunk of code.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-11-2010, 07:16 PM
And thinking about it, the CPS2 Capcom arcade boards did have a suicide function of you tried fiddling with it, so it's not amazingly out there.

Emperor Smeat
07-11-2010, 10:15 PM

The only reason the PS3 isn't cracked is due to a powerful hypervisor system. There is no way Nintendo has one on a handheld. They're pretty big and need a lot of power due to the CPU constantly having to tell the hypervisor that it's fine to run that chunk of code.

Bluray discs themselves play a huge part since its still expensive compared to CDs and DVDs to buy discs needed to burn the games.

I would assume the 3D tech might be the hardest part to "crack" on the 3DS while games that don't use it would be similar to a DS crack.

Drakul
07-29-2010, 10:46 AM
How much is the Nintendo 3DS? I dunno! Nintendo does, let's hear what it has to say.

Website Electricpig asked Nintendo's marketing manager James Honeywell about the Nintendo 3DS pricing to which Honeywell replied:

"Price, we haven't made any kind of announcement at the moment, but for everyone who already knows, you know, the Nintendo DSi is available for around £129.99. The Nintendo DSi XL, with the larger screens, is around £159.99. So obviously, it's going to fit, kind of, somewhere within that kind of architecture."

Hrm. Hrm. Hrm. Pricing architecture sounds fancy! Obviously, these are UK prices so feel free to convert for guestimations for your region.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5599408/nintendo-uk-hints-at-3ds-pricing).

#BROKEN Hasney
07-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Well, we find out release dates and pricing for "major regions" on September 25th officially.

Kane Knight
07-29-2010, 09:53 PM

I love the pride here. Awesome.

alvarado52
07-29-2010, 11:34 PM
I shall get one of these.....once its been hacked! DOWN WITH NINTENDO!

Kane Knight
07-30-2010, 09:57 AM
I shall get one of these.....once its been hacked! DOWN WITH NINTENDO!

Your Buddy Kal's probably gonna be pissed.

Drakul
08-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Why does embedding any video that isn't YouTube never work?

How the 3DS actually does 3D (http://www.viddler.com/explore/kombo/videos/206/0).

Verbose Minch
08-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Your Buddy Kal's probably gonna be pissed.

Why? He supports piracy by playing his brothers pirated games anyways.

lolol

#BROKEN Hasney
08-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Why does embedding any video that isn't YouTube never work?

How the 3DS actually does 3D (http://www.viddler.com/explore/kombo/videos/206/0).

I embedded DailyMoton yesterday and it was smooth as runny shit.

alvarado52
08-13-2010, 05:56 PM
thats pretty fuckin' smooth, Hasney.

Drakul
08-14-2010, 01:20 AM
When I embedded it, I got a tiny square with a dot in it and then it dissappeared. I tried to embed a Fable III video a few days ago from some site that was using another video player and that didn't work either. It was just a big white box with a faded out scrollbar down the side.

Kane Knight
08-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Why? He supports piracy by playing his brothers pirated games anyways.

lolol

...that's different.

Verbose Minch
08-14-2010, 02:37 PM
...that's different.

I expect you to have a new thread up with 8 paragraphs trying to justify this by tomorrow.

Kane Knight
08-15-2010, 12:00 AM
How many words? And how many of those words should be in italics or red?

LuigiD
08-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Don't know if anyone saw it yet but the latest issue of Nintendo Power has a small preview with some minor details for some upcoming games for the system.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-16-2010, 09:06 AM
The developer of the original X-COM game says he's making a turn-based strategy game as a launch 3DS title :D

http://i.joystiq.com/2010/08/15/x-com-ufo-defense-developer-working-on-3ds-launch-game/

Drakul
09-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Maybe this should get it's own thread soon but check out these DOA screens for the 3DS.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/340x_doa1.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/340x_doa2.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/340x_doa3.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/340x_doa4.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/340x_doa5.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/340x_doa6.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/340x_doa7.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/340x_doa8.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/340x_doaayane.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/340x_doakasumi.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/340x_moredoa.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/340x_nicegloves.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/500x_deadoralivedimensions.jpg

Looking good for a 3D hand held fighter.

Funky Fly
09-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Is there a 360 version of that or what?

BizarroKing
09-10-2010, 10:27 PM
This is all pure win!

Kalyx triaD
09-10-2010, 10:30 PM
That DOA game is 3DS exclusive. For now.

Drakul
09-13-2010, 07:16 AM
We've seen DOA, now let's see Resident Evil:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/untitled-4_05.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/untitled-5_03.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/untitled-6_02.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/untitled-7_01.jpg

Looks to be at least Gamecube level power-wise, to me.

Kalyx triaD
09-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Damn.

Drakul
09-22-2010, 02:26 AM
Nintendo's next handheld game machine, the Nintendo 3DS, will be significantly more powerful, thanks to hardware specs that represent a vast improvement over the Nintendo DS and its more powerful successor, the Nintendo DSi.

IGN, citing "persons familiar with the hardware who spoke to us under the condition of anonymity," report that the 3DS will come stuffed with the following electronic guts.

CPU: 2 x 266MHz ARM11
GPU: PICA200 133MHz GPU by DMP
RAM: 64MB
Video RAM: 4MB
Storage: 1.5GB Flash-based

The original Nintendo DS featured a pair of ARM processors running at 67 MHz and 33 MHz and a comparatively paltry 4 MB RAM. The Nintendo DSi had double the CPU clock speed and quadrupled the system's RAM, plus added 256 MB of flash-based storage.

We've reached out to Nintendo seeking comment on the matter. The company is not typically open about the nitty gritty hardware aspects of its video game hardware and has not yet responded to requests for comment.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5644430/report-nintendo-3ds-hardware-specs-revealed).

I'm no tech-head so I'm not sure how impressive that is, tech-wise.

Kalyx triaD
09-22-2010, 02:41 AM
You're almost holding a Wii in your hand if I'm accurate.

RoXer
09-22-2010, 02:47 AM
You're almost holding a Wii in your hand if I'm accurate.

too easy

#BROKEN Hasney
09-29-2010, 02:17 AM
November 11th in Japan, $300. Comes with a 2gb SD Card.

Mega Man Legend 3 and a new Kingdom Hearts just announced. Hasney contemplating day 1 import.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-29-2010, 02:19 AM
Oh, and virtual console featuring Game Boy, Game Boy Colour and Game Boy Advance games coming, as well as hosting "classics in 3D".

Drakul
09-29-2010, 02:31 AM
Mega Man Legend 3

SOLD!

I was getting the 3DS anyway but, still, I've wanted MML3 for so long.

Liking the sound of the Gameboy VC and the classics in 3D.

I've read somewhere they may be remaking Yoshi's Island in 3D. I hope so because the final boss would be amazing in 3D.

I'm predicting the UK will get the 3DS in time for Christmas at a price between £190 - £250.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-29-2010, 02:38 AM
While I agree on the price, I'm betting about March for the EU/UK.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-29-2010, 02:42 AM
Erm, I mean Feb 26th or Jap launch date. They did say "March" for US/EU as well.

Drakul
09-29-2010, 02:54 AM
With Japan getting it in November in you MML3 post, I thought December seemed a decent guess.

If it's Match, great, a month after my birthday so I should be able to get it for sure.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-29-2010, 03:44 AM
http://www.destructoid.com/see-the-3ds-game-lineup-in-glorious-trailer-form-185152.phtml

Can't embe it because I'm on my phone, but the 3DS lineup looks amazing in delicious trailer form.

Drakul
09-29-2010, 04:05 AM
I liked the 2DS trailer. MGS looks so good, graphically.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ep-J6aMSNFo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ep-J6aMSNFo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

LuigiD
09-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Don't know how I am feeling about the price. I mean, I am guessing in the US it will be around 250-300. I guess the good news is that I have plenty of time to get saving.

Funky Fly
09-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Yeah, handhelds have come a long way and it's really a home console in your hands, so you can probably expect it to cost $200 - $250.

PSP was stupid expensive and you saw how that turned out (other factors, but you know wht I mean), so I doubt they're go that route.

Drakul
09-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Hasn't Nintendo been all about making it's hardware as affordable as possible these past few years? I don't think it'll cost too much.

Funky Fly
09-29-2010, 03:11 PM
I'd call $200 reasonable. I'm actually happy to drop $200 on this, but not on a Wii.

Emperor Smeat
09-29-2010, 03:31 PM
It won't match the $300 price Japan is getting for launch since Nintendo always puts the US price about $40-$60 less.

It shouldn't be no more than $200 to $250 with maybe $225 as the actual price based on a lot of predictions.

The Wii was $300 in Japan when it got released and then $50 cheaper in the US while the US got a game as well. The DS XL or DSi was about $40 less in the US.

Drakul
10-01-2010, 02:20 AM
3DS will have Miis and an auto-Mii feature. You take a photo of yourself and the 3DS makes a Mii based on it.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3S0L9soc__4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3S0L9soc__4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I think his soul patch beard might have confused it. That would explain the mouth being so low. I'm wondering how long it'll be before someone with a darker skin tone tries it and the 3DS can't read the face and we get "3DS is racist" videos."

#BROKEN Hasney
10-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Nintendo 3DS to be best console ever made CONFIRMED

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gufhYicCUs4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gufhYicCUs4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright crossover

The game will apparently take place in a otherworldly town where magic is real, and Phoenix has to defend his client in a witch trial. This crazy town it run by someone named the Storyteller. Anything he writer, becomes reality. I think I'm going into diabetic shock. It all sounds too sweet.

For a 2D animation junky like myself, the best part might be seeing Phoenix and Maya depicted in Professor Layton's breathtaking animation style. They still look like the characters I know and love, but now they move as smoothly as Layton does in his cutscenes. Can't wait to see more!

#BROKEN Hasney
10-19-2010, 02:53 PM
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/files/assets/000/025/647/header_wide/professor-layton-vs-ace-attorney-crossover-announced-header.jpg?1287505149

http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/files/assets/000/025/645/header_wide/2132429406_view.jpg.jpg?1287505067

Oh Jesus fucking Christ I need this now.

Funky Fly
10-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Holy shit. The theme of 2009 - 2011 is crossover.

MvC3
Tekken x Street Fighter
Street Fighter x Tekken
Tatsunoko vs Capcom

And now this... it gives me hope for a true Super Robot Wars release in North America. None of this Original Generation stuff. I want Gundams and Go Lion and shit.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-19-2010, 03:32 PM
The theme of Capcom is crossover. Makes me think they've got some Chinese sweatshop and they're just telling children to MAKE THIS AND THIS WITH THIS ENGINE NOW. Then the whips come.

Dammit Capcom, How could you :'(

#BROKEN Hasney
10-19-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm also imagining the PSP2 being more powerful and even if it had every single one of it's core franchise games, in my head it's still lost to this. I honestly don't remember seeing a launch window this packed with games that I personally want. I'd kill for this even without the 3D gimmick.

Drakul
10-20-2010, 11:53 AM
The Pheonix Wright/Layton game is Japan only (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-20-layton-vs-phoenix-wright-only-for-japan).

#BROKEN Hasney
10-20-2010, 12:04 PM
The Pheonix Wright/Layton game is Japan only (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-20-layton-vs-phoenix-wright-only-for-japan).

Of course it is. It's not that Capcom want people to take an interest to start shouting about how they want it so they identify with the game and feel proud that they helped it come out in the West.

I'd gamble a house on it coming out here.

The Pope
10-20-2010, 12:06 PM
They should make it so that it has apps/channels. So I can add netflix

#BROKEN Hasney
10-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Much like the DSi, it has apps.

Funky Fly
10-20-2010, 03:24 PM
It's coming here. Fuck what you heard. Still waiting on the SRW series coming here. :(

#BROKEN Hasney
10-20-2010, 03:30 PM
My message to Nintendo and all 3DS game announcements

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/10/107058/1520931-take_my_money_super.jpg

The Pope
10-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Much like the DSi, it has apps.

Oh does it really? Never bought the DSi

Drakul
10-27-2010, 04:53 AM
Footage of people playing 3DS games.

Ocarina of Time 3D:
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0W68CPInmYc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0W68CPInmYc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Ridge Racer:
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JTvILc4Zygk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JTvILc4Zygk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Nintendog + Cats:
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zmEheMLpUYI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zmEheMLpUYI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Samurai Warriors Chronicle:
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHa-pRZqPq4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHa-pRZqPq4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Resident Evil Revalations:
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O8BWvgtqDUw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O8BWvgtqDUw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Drakul
12-09-2010, 12:49 AM
More Resident Evil screens:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/reshead.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/1b0c03e2a20e9346c0ed3d1944eb8999.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/20ec2376c9bacdb70f3b9d49f5500a65.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/7156d56b1ca68f6875b6c233edb4cc61.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/9156fcbe9a9a25995ee6b1d3ec613245.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/c510709842ea3fbd2c67ae13b2881bf8.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/d3fe57ca96840c38b49dc486c2fb2d04.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/e7bba0df85279fae89c95566ac947e8b.jpg

Kalyx triaD
12-09-2010, 12:56 AM
The darker stuff is from Revelations, the RE5-ish screens are from Mercenaries. Claire's back!! In her Chronicle's model. It was news to Claire Redfield VA Alyson Court today (who's a teasing Liberal MILF, I love her)!

"Resident Evil: Revalations/Mercenaries" Thread, do it.

Drakul
12-10-2010, 06:36 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gC8qVpLEQdo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gC8qVpLEQdo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Funky Fly
12-11-2010, 01:16 AM
Looks exactly the same as every other Super Monkey Ball game ever. Like exactly the same.

Droford
12-11-2010, 01:28 AM
For some reason I thought the screen would be bigger.

As it is, the screen is too small.

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Nintendo has contracted the production of its Nintendo 3DS cartridges to Taiwan-based solid-state maker Macronix. And apparently, those cartridges offer enormous memory space.

According to Taiwanese-site Gamrade, the 3DS cartridge is able to hold up to 8GB, but it's rumored Nintendo will be enforcing some kind of 2GB limit on 3DS games (details are few and far between in the report), with 1GB the supposed very least required. So don't hold your breath for 8GB Nintendo 3DS games any time soon; however, that may change over the course of the console's life.

Still, this shows just how much of an improvement the 3DS is considering the biggest cartridges for the Nintendo DS are only 512MB.

Remember that this is unconfirmed, and Kotaku is following up with Nintendo. This post will be updated should the company comment.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Looks exactly the same as every other Super Monkey Ball game ever. Like exactly the same.

But in 3D!!!!!!!!111!!!

Launch details coming for the west Jan 19th. Should be dated and priced.

ClockShot
12-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Gamestop is now taking pre-orders. Just got back from reserving mine.

Kalyx triaD
12-27-2010, 05:25 PM
woooooooooooooooooooooo

#BROKEN Hasney
12-28-2010, 12:03 PM
This is what's on display at Nintendoworld 2011 (bold indicates it's playable, * indicates it's still WIP)

Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D "The Naked Sample"
Pro Evolution 3D Soccer
Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Resident Evil Revelations
Dynasty Warriors Chronicle
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Ridge Racer 3D
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
Nintendogs + cats
Kid Icarus: Uprising
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Steel Diver
Pilotwings Resort
AR Games
Nintendo 3DS Camera
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Super Monkey Ball 3D
Kingdom Hearts 3D*
Gundam The 3D Battle
Tales of the Abyss
One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP
Cubic Ninja*
Puzzle Bobble 3D
Pro Baseball Family Stadium 2011
Animal Resort*
Xevious
3D Bijin Tokei*
Starfox 64 3D
Paper Mario*
Animal Crossing*
Mario Kart*
Surechigai ("passerby") Mii Hiroba

Kalyx triaD
12-28-2010, 12:43 PM
This is more exciting than Kinect, Move, or PS3's 3D campaign.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
For sure. No-ones missing out on this gravy train like they did the early days of the DS.

Most of them seem joypad controlled rather than touchscreen/accelerometer as well :heart:

Kalyx triaD
12-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Like most elaborate gimmicks, things like that shine best when they support traditional set-ups rather than run the show. That game lineup above pretty much stands on its own on a handheld.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Yeah exactly. The gimmick of most of these will be 3D, that you can even turn off. The fact that 3D is the gimmick is a blessing in disguise, no tilting or touching, just an awesome handheld experience like a lot of the DS still is.

Funky Fly
12-29-2010, 02:09 AM
Fucking hell, they're giving us Tales of the Abyss which already available in English speaking markets. How about any of the 234623465 Jap only Tales of titles?

Vietnamese Crippler
01-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Pics of the final version of the 3DS?

http://www.3dsbuzz.com/chinese-factory-worker-leaks-photos-of-3ds/

Kalyx triaD
01-05-2011, 06:39 PM
It's real, but a dev-kit version. Still, fairly close to final I think.

Miotch
01-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Looks a lot like a DS to me...

#BROKEN Hasney
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM
If you've got the best selling console of all time, why change it?

Drakul
01-05-2011, 06:57 PM
If they moved the power button to below the left speaker, they would have room for a second control stick/nub.
It would come in handy for camera control.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Nah, the controls are fine. Pad, an actual usable looking stick (unlike the PSP) and touchscreen is great. Just make devs do a different job to the consoles and tailor the experiences to the console instead of half-award ports (looking at the early days of the PSP).

Drakul
01-08-2011, 04:14 AM
A load of 3DS news.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/01/500x_battlife.jpg
You'll Get 3-8 Hours Out Of A Nintendo 3DS Battery
As part of its big Nintendo World event being held in Tokyo at the moment, Nintendo has released a chart outlining the final hardware specifications for the 3DS. Most importantly, that includes details on the handheld's battery life.

It takes 3.5 hours for a 3DS battery to fully charge, which is pretty good. As for how fast that battery drains, Nintendo has only provided a select number of figures, all based on the presumption you're using the handheld on a lower screen brightness level.

With the screen's backlighting turned down (but not off), you'll get 3-5 hours of battery life while playing a 3DS game. That number extends to 5-8 hours if you're playing an older DS game on the handheld.

Of course, the more you increase the screen's brightness, the bigger the hit the 3DS' battery life will take. While people will be upset that these numbers seem low for a Nintendo handheld, they're not that far off what you'd expect from a DSi, and considering the 3DS is a much more powerful device, all that extra grunt takes its toll on a battery.

If you're after definitive battery life tests on a unit under all kinds of circumstances, we'll have to wait until people can use one without Nintendo employees standing over their shoulders

Source (http://kotaku.com/5728198/youll-get-3+8-hours-out-of-a-nintendo-3ds-battery).

Just hours before a weekend-long 3DS Nintendo World showcase kicks off in Tokyo, an established Japanese gaming news outlet is reporting details about the system's launch in that country that could signal what we're getting in March in the U.S.

The Japanese site Inside Games puts the price of 3DS games at 5800 Yen, compared to the common 4800 Yen price for regular DS games, according to a translation of the story on website Andriasang.. That would make a 3DS game cost the equivalent of $70 US compared to $58 US for DS games.

Nintendo hasn't revealed game prices in America or Japan, but the Inside Games report signals that software may cost more on the 3DS than on the DS. In the U.S., top DS games often go for about $30-$35.

(In Japan, the 3DS will sell for 25,000 Yen or about $300 US; there's no hardware price confirmed for the U.S. yet.)

Inside Games also reports that the 3DS will launch in Japan with 10 games. Nintendo is showing more than that during their Tokyo event this weekend, a sign that the glasses-free 3D successor to the DS is still getting a lot of support from game creators.

The 3DS is scheduled to launch on February 26 in Japan. It'll be out in America in March, though we don't have an exact date or price (presumably to be revealed at a 3DS press event in New York City on Jan 19).

A spokesperson for Nintendo of America was unable to comment on these details which, it should be clear, were not announced by Nintendo in Japan.

Nintendo's 3DS event in Japan — Nintendo World 2011 — kicks off in just a few hours. We'll be keeping an eye on it and letting you know the latest about the games and news coming out of it.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5727989/rumor-japanese-nintendo-3ds-games-more-expensive-than-ds-games).

These eight launch titles for the Nintendo 3DS were revealed today at the Nintendo World spectacular. All will be available Feb. 26.

Note these are the Japanese launch titles, and that the US and European lineup will likely differ.

The lineup, and prices (in yen) are:

Nintendogs & Cats ¥4,800

Winning Eleven Soccer 3D ¥5,800

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition ¥4,800

Samurai Warriors: Chronicle ¥6,090

Puzzle Bobble 3D ¥4,980

Ridge Racer 3D ¥6,090

Battle of the Giants: Dinosaurs 3D ¥5,040

Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle ¥5,980

Roughly speaking, half of these titles (the more expensive ones) are priced around the region of a PSP game in Japan, the other half around that of a regular DS title.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5728228/the-ten-3ds-launch-titles-in-japan).

3DS boxart:
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/01/sexy.jpg

#BROKEN Hasney
01-08-2011, 06:22 AM
BlazBlue CS2 was also announced. If Nintendo gets the online right, I think I'll be in love.

Drakul
01-08-2011, 06:51 AM
<div style="width: 640px;"><embed width="640" height="391" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:709085" quality="high" bgcolor="000000" name="efp" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowfullscreen="true"></embed><div style="font-size: 10px; font-family: Verdana; text-align: center; width: 640px; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; background-color: black; height: 32px;"><div><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com" title="GameTrailers.com">Video Games</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="/game//" title="Dead or Alive Dimensions">Dead or Alive Dimensions</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="" title="Nintendo World 2011: Japanese Trailer">Nintendo World 2011: Japanese Trailer</a></div><div style="padding-top: 3px;"><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/" title="Xbox 360">Xbox 360</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/" title="PS3">PlayStation 3</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://wii.gametrailers.com/" title="Wii">Nintendo Wii</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://pc.gametrailers.com/" title="PC Games">PC Games</a></div></div></div>

Kalyx triaD
01-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Gotta be kidding me that the best DOA will be on a handheld. And I love how they simulate the 3D effect, waited a while for somebody to do that for us.

Kalyx triaD
01-08-2011, 01:46 PM
http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/01/3ds_zeldaot_01scrn01_ev.jpeg

#BROKEN Hasney
01-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Should be getting a BONUS in April so will not be far behind launch on this one.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-08-2011, 08:13 PM
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/191165-Cont2.jpg

Drakul
01-08-2011, 10:07 PM
http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/01/3ds_zeldaot_01scrn01_ev.jpeg

http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/01/3ds_zeldaot_02scrn02_u_ev.jpeg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/01/3ds_zeldaot_03scrn03_u_ev.jpeg

http://cache-03.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/01/3ds_zeldaot_04scrn04_u_ev.jpeg

http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/01/3ds_zeldaot_05scrn05_u_ev.jpeg

Resident Evil in action for 15 seconds:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPxP6OnrkZ4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPxP6OnrkZ4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Kalyx triaD
01-08-2011, 10:14 PM
When I lived in a car in 2007 my old DS Lite came in handy, especially plugging it in the car speakers. Will be doing that again.

Drakul
01-08-2011, 10:15 PM
You lived in a car? Or is that a joke I'm not getting?

Kalyx triaD
01-08-2011, 10:19 PM
2006-2007 was kinda rocky.

Fignuts
01-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Looking at the handheld, I don't see any modern fighter being comfortable to play. Especially not something like blazblue.

Funky Fly
01-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Actually, I lied in the street fighter thread. Tekken 5: DR is great on the PSP. Other than that, I do not really enjoy handheld fighters.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-09-2011, 06:10 AM
Dunno, I found the DS and PSP just as comfortable to play fighting games as using the standard joypad on a console.

Drakul
01-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Taken from a stream:
<div style="width: 640px;"><embed width="640" height="391" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:709096" quality="high" bgcolor="000000" name="efp" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowfullscreen="true"></embed><div style="font-size: 10px; font-family: Verdana; text-align: center; width: 640px; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; background-color: black; height: 32px;"><div><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com" title="GameTrailers.com">Video Games</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="/game//" title="Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D">Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="" title="Nintendo World 11: Japanese Debut Trailer (Stream)">Nintendo World 11: Japanese Debut Trailer (Stream)</a></div><div style="padding-top: 3px;"><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/" title="Xbox 360">Xbox 360</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/" title="PS3">PlayStation 3</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://wii.gametrailers.com/" title="Wii">Nintendo Wii</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://pc.gametrailers.com/" title="PC Games">PC Games</a></div></div></div>

Drakul
01-10-2011, 12:14 AM
R.E. Mercenaries gameplay. Taken from a live stream. We get footage of the touch screen towards the end.
<div style="width: 640px;"><embed width="640" height="391" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:709097" quality="high" bgcolor="000000" name="efp" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowfullscreen="true"></embed><div style="font-size: 10px; font-family: Verdana; text-align: center; width: 640px; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; background-color: black; height: 32px;"><div><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com" title="GameTrailers.com">Video Games</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="/game//" title="Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D">Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="" title="Nintendo World 11: Japanese Debut Gameplay (Stream)">Nintendo World 11: Japanese Debut Gameplay (Stream)</a></div><div style="padding-top: 3px;"><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/" title="Xbox 360">Xbox 360</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/" title="PS3">PlayStation 3</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://wii.gametrailers.com/" title="Wii">Nintendo Wii</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://pc.gametrailers.com/" title="PC Games">PC Games</a></div></div></div>

The first gameplay footage of R.E. Revelations. It takes place on a ship. Also from a stream.
<div style="width: 640px;"><embed width="640" height="391" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:709098" quality="high" bgcolor="000000" name="efp" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowfullscreen="true"></embed><div style="font-size: 10px; font-family: Verdana; text-align: center; width: 640px; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; background-color: black; height: 32px;"><div><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com" title="GameTrailers.com">Video Games</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="/game//" title="Resident Evil: Revelations">Resident Evil: Revelations</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="" title="Nintendo World 11: Japanese Debut Gameplay (Stream)">Nintendo World 11: Japanese Debut Gameplay (Stream)</a></div><div style="padding-top: 3px;"><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/" title="Xbox 360">Xbox 360</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/" title="PS3">PlayStation 3</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://wii.gametrailers.com/" title="Wii">Nintendo Wii</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://pc.gametrailers.com/" title="PC Games">PC Games</a></div></div></div>

#BROKEN Hasney
01-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Mercs looks horrid but Revelations is boner-worthy.

Not only that, but Capcom are promising a lot more from the game, including more characters than just Jill and Chris.

Drakul
01-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Merceneries looks like something they should have just stuck on to Revelations as an unlockable extra game, like they usually do with those types of R.E.

Kalyx triaD
01-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Looks great!

#BROKEN Hasney
01-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Can't embed the vids because I'm on my phone, but Starfox, Mario Kart and Paper Mario look amazing.

Drakul
01-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Best I could find of them until GT puts them up.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0p-kyaJ5oVI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0p-kyaJ5oVI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MC67MlrdMC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MC67MlrdMC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TSAx_hkTenQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TSAx_hkTenQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>