PDA

View Full Version : A Year in Review (WM 25-WM26)

Volare
03-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Another "WWE Year" is done with. What were, in your opinion, the best and the worst of what WWE did over the year. Throw in vids if you want.

For me biggest wow moment for me has to be Sheamus actually going over Cena and winning the belt. I sure as hell didn't see it coming, and I don't think alot of other people did.

Crappiest moment...Watching Bats and Rey over and over and over...god that was getting retarded.

Superstar I got interested in has to be a tie for me Ziggler/McIntyre both impressed me and I enjoy their matches.

Reply now....or I'll get Hulk Hogan to post on here, and we allll get to job to him! HaHaha!

Favre4Ever
03-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Personally I think this year has been far better than the previous two or three, despite being quite a bit different. The RAW Guest Host theme, whether you like it or not, has garnered the WWE more mainstream attention than it usually gets, and so RAW is much more focused on the higher up aspects of the roster and there is much less time for an "undercard" on the show. We also got about four or five months of Jeri-Show gold.

Aside from that I can think of two glaring reasons, and they have both changed the landscape of the show itself and introduced new dynamics in several high profile feuds. The first is the rise of CM Punk to the world championship, and ultimately a heel turn that has made him one of the most over performers in the WWE. His introduction into the Main Event adds a different element for certain, and also a bit of needed variety from the mainstays that have been consistently at the top this decade. The other reason I think is the Batista heel turn. It was about time, of course, but his turn was well built, well executed, and after having him shoved down our throats for upwards of four years, main eventing nine+ PPV's a year, his character has caught a much needed second wind.

Favre4Ever
03-23-2010, 06:14 PM
As far as best moment goes, I cant help but think it's either some of the CM Punk sermons around Royal Rumble time, or Jericho getting puked on.

Worst moment by far was Little People's Court.

jskinnyg
03-23-2010, 06:35 PM
I have mixed feelings about the guest hosts.. They really don't bother me too much... Some of them (Shaq, Barker, Miller) have been awesome... I think the highlights of the year were Jericho getting back his Championship & the feud with Edge, the Bats heel turn, the surprising turn for Orton is growing on me, and of course laying to rest this Vince/Hart hatchet has to be up there of course... And i love that they are finally pushing the younger guys (Sheamus, Morrison, Miz, Drew, Ziggler, etc...)

Now I agree with Fav-Rah up abouve about the Little Peoples Court, that was pretty horrible... I have to say for me, the whole DX as faces and stupid promos really killed DX for me... So sue me for hanging onto the Attitude Era... I enjoyed a couple of them, but it's not the same... And the PG WWE, I'll never like, but I respect the decision... It's a great business decision... There are plenty of other brutal things, but these were some of the worst for me...
Now let's do the same thread but for TNA...

Rammsteinmad
03-23-2010, 06:52 PM
I really enjoyed Jerichos and Reys rivalry, and CM Punks and Jeff Hardys.

Smackdown pretty much from the draft last year until around the time the PG13 thing really took effect was awesome.

The Franchise
03-23-2010, 06:54 PM
I missed most of this year. I stopped watching around SummerSlam 2008 and didnt start watching wrestling again until November. Seems like I didnt miss anything too amazing

The Franchise
03-23-2010, 06:55 PM
I missed most of this year. I stopped watching around SummerSlam 2008 and didnt start watching wrestling again until November of 09. Seems like I didnt miss anything too amazing

Anybody Thrilla
03-23-2010, 07:09 PM
For some reason, this match just jumped to mind:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eOg6693y1So&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eOg6693y1So&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Obviously not the whole match, but some highlights. Great fucking match.

Anybody Thrilla
03-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Speaking of Rey Mysterio:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i4TGo3KA34Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i4TGo3KA34Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rey just had a great year in general.

Loose Cannon
03-23-2010, 07:16 PM
honestly, I quit watching during the summer and fall. Like I would still tune in and flip over, but I was getting so bored with WWE. I didn't care anymore. Then right around Survivor Series is where I started watching again. And this year has been awesome thus far. Good storylines, NXT and the shows have been decent.

I really hated the Guest Host thing minus a couple here and there. I think that was a huge reason of me getting disinterested.

Anybody Thrilla
03-23-2010, 07:16 PM
I also loved the Dolph Ziggler/Kane mini-feud. CM Punk and the Straight Edge Society almost go without saying. Incredible. NXT is a great addition to the WWE Universe...honestly, there are a lot of awesome things happening in WWE right now.

The Franchise
03-23-2010, 07:20 PM
I find that whenever I take a break from wrestling, Smackdown is on fire or is at least pretty good where as RAW is meh. Examples being late-2002 (Smackdown 6 era) and late-2005/early-2006

DAMN iNATOR
03-23-2010, 07:43 PM
http://ideagirlconsulting.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/santina-marella-wwe-pro-wrestler-diva.jpg?w=275 (http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X1342&site=ideagirlconsulting.wordpress.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fideagirlconsulting.files.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F12%2Fsantina-marella-wwe-pro-wrestler-diva.jpg)
Probably one of the best comedy moments of last year...don't think I'll ever forget Santina.

Anybody Thrilla
03-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Christian deserves some love for his ECW title reign, as well.

Splaya
03-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Christian
Austin as guest host
Like him or not, Jeff Hardy and his title reign.
Chris Jericho
CM Punk, his heel turn, and his recent promos.
Randy Orton and his in ring moments (not talking about the bad ones, talking about his storytelling in the ring.) LC will know what I'm talking about as I know he and I are HUGE Orton fans.
The Miz

DAMN iNATOR
03-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Tommy Dreamer retiring from ECW was a nice, feel-good moment.

It was good to see Festus back as Luke Gallows instead of just picking back up with the dumb hoss stereotype gimmick he had before.

In one of the most surprising twists, ECW's last General Manager before going defunct, Tiffany, seems to have quite quickly and impressively gone from just an on-air talent to quite the talented (and hot, LOVE the new outfit she's been wearing the past couple of weeks on SD! :naughty::drool:) diva on SmackDown! I wouldn't be surprised if she at least got a SHOT at one of the 2 women's division titles sometime in the next year.

Favre4Ever
03-23-2010, 09:54 PM
On second thought, I think the real mark out moment of the year was CM Punk winning that ladder match, and then the lights go out, and BAH GAWD THE DEAD MAN CHOKESLAM!