PDA

View Full Version : Game Room

D Mac
03-24-2010, 03:36 PM
It's cool and all but the games seem overpriced. Think I'll just stick to free emulators.

El Fangel
03-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Metallica Rules!

OssMan
03-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks for your take

D Mac
03-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Seriously, I can understand 2 bucks or so per game but 4 or 5? :nono:

Shaggy
03-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Yea I wasnt excited for this at all... then last night I downloaded it and of course it was down due to problems. Finally this morning I got to go in the thing and sadly I was disapointed with it...

Not worth the money at all

Drakul
03-25-2010, 02:26 AM
Yeah, it's a little underwheliming. It would have been nice to actually move our Avatar to the cabinet we want to play/look at.
The games should be much much cheaper. I think £1 is plenty, considering what these games are.
Buying things for your Arcade costs real money. Buying stuff for my Avatar with real money was already pushing it but to buy something that basically just adds a small model to a menu screen is going a little far.

Game Room is basically a way to try and sell us games so old that no one would buy them if they were put on XBLA. I'm hoping, eventually, it'll have a better selection with things like Sunset Riders or Super Sprint. I do love the sounds of the Game Room, though. The "Arcade" Sounds take me back.

Disturbed316
03-25-2010, 06:43 AM
Nice idea but way too pricey for such "classics". Cant see myself using this at much.

Extreme Angle
03-25-2010, 12:11 PM
I purchased a mascot and centipede to see what it was like.
If it was a bit cheaper and people started to use it, it'd probably be good.

Drakul
03-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Crystal Castle is actually pretty good. I might buy it the next time I have 240 to spare. Then again, I could just play it for free on the Atari website (http://www.atari.com/arcade/crystal_castles).

I was going to issue a challenge but I can't until I buy the game I want to challenge people at.

Disturbed316
03-25-2010, 02:09 PM
:heart: Crystal Castle :heart:

That was the one I bought just because I loved it when I was younger and to see what all the game room fuss is about, but the 360 controller is not suitable for controlling it. Dunno if its like that with other games though.

Kane Knight
03-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Seemed like an okay idea, haven't tried it yet.

Boomer
03-26-2010, 12:14 AM
I imagine it will become much more robust later, and the prices will drop with a XBL deal at various points throughout the year.

Drakul
03-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Someone was digging around the PC version and found some files that might hint at what's coming up.

Someone picked apart the resource file for the Microsoft Game Room - the PC version of the Xbox Game Room that launched this week - and found a curious Star Wars image that doesn't seem to fit anything.

Blogger TechKnight looked in the Game Room's director and noticed a sizable file. Figuring it held clues, he went looking for .png headers, then wrote a script to pull them out. What he found can be seen
here (http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2010/03/gameroom_hiddenresources.jpg) in its entirety.

Activision's presence in this has been known; apparently some of its games were supposed to go into Gamepack 2 (they didn't). It looks like Microsoft has already planned out four more, though.

What is interesting is the use of the Clone Trooper picture. TechKnight speculates it might be to announce Atari's vector-graphics Star Wars game whenever that arrives, which would be massive. It also very well could be a stray image that means nothing.

There are also some 20 extra or unused achievement/badge icons, including a curious one on the top row, fourth from right, depicting Pac-Man, Air Man and Quick Man. Either way, I've found the launch catalog to be a smidge, well, skimpy, so it's good to have an idea of what else is on the way.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5502255/resource-file-might-hint-at-future-plans-for-xbox-game-room).

I was under the impression we could visit friends arcades. Any idea how we do that?

D Mac
03-26-2010, 03:41 AM
Just go to their name and there's a visit friends arcade option I believe.