PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

Hanso Amore
03-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Anyone catcht this?

Amazing idea for a show. This guy is making amazing points and I would love to see some of his changes take effect.

Plus it shows Americans how fat and pathetic we really are.

El Vaquero de Infierno
03-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Jamie Oliver is a wanker. Not as much as C2tk though.

CSL
03-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Ahhh I take it this is basically Jamie's School Dinners and what led from that in America?

Hanso Amore
03-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah pretty much.

He moved to the Most Obese City in all of America and is trying to change school lunches and the way we all eat. He is opening a store to educate the town and wants to change the USDA meal requirements for schools.

Look up a clip, he arrives at a school where kids are eating Pizza...for breakfast. THe town is so fat and scummy.

Downunder
03-26-2010, 06:44 PM
I think Jamie has bitten off more than he can chew trying to get yanks not to drown themselves in fat.

The Mask
03-26-2010, 06:48 PM
cold pizza for breakfast is food of the gods.

Juan
03-26-2010, 06:55 PM
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/startracks/060828/jamie_oliver.jpg

Poit
03-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I saw the first episode. It looks like it could be a good show, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

But jeez, there are so many fat people on the show...

Hanso Amore
03-26-2010, 07:21 PM
In the end nothing wil change, but I respect shows with some form of good message

Downunder
03-27-2010, 04:07 AM
Jamie Oliver is a wanker. Not as much as C2tk though.

You're a wanker.

Jon Kano
03-27-2010, 11:16 AM
I read about this...didn't he start crying because they told him to stfu on their local radio?

El Vaquero de Infierno
03-27-2010, 11:18 AM
You're a wanker.

Go and get molested by a Koala you Aussie twat.

YOUR Hero
03-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Jamie is the goods.

Buzzkill
03-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Seems like a good show to me.

Definitely a really, really important issue.

Downunder
03-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Jamie wears his heart on his sleeve, yes he's a rich "celebrity chef" but he has a passion for good food and people eating healthy.

Some of the shit that is fed to kids by their parents and schools is bordering on child abuse, some of these people are just ignorant and don't know any better - but they need to be informed.

Children (and adults) who eat healthy meals are able to concentrate better, have less health issues, have less behavioral problems and have better social skills.

YOUR Hero
03-27-2010, 11:36 PM
not to mention fresh food prepared right is so much tastier.

Droford
03-28-2010, 03:01 AM
The only thing wrong with the USDA School lunch program is that theres a USDA School Lunch Program. It is so ingrained in the way school districts operate their cafeterias that its almost impossible to change it without there being excessive costs involved that given current budget constraints will make it impossible to achieve.

http://www.grist.org/article/can-michelle-obama-make-the-math-work-for-better-school-food/

This is doomed to fail no matter how it gets played. Schools can upgrade, spend more for "healthy" food, hire more experienced people to cook it and the only ones that will eat it are the ones that are on free/reduced lunch (Read low income group) because the rest of the kids will brown bag their lunch if they can't get pizza and other stuff.
Schools know this now which is why they offer the foods that they do now to compensate for the hit they take in offering the subsidized meals that are required to meet dietary guidelines for free and reduced lunches.

A 1996 nationwide survey (http://www.gao.gov/archive/1996/rc96191.pdf)of school cafeteria managers found that 42 percent of cooked vegetables -- along with 30 percent of raw vegetables and salads -- ended up in the trash.

As they say..CASH IN THE TRASH

St. Jimmy
03-28-2010, 03:28 AM
hes a fag

The Mask
03-28-2010, 05:00 AM
*southern fairy

Downunder
03-28-2010, 08:32 AM
The only thing wrong with the USDA School lunch program is that theres a USDA School Lunch Program. It is so ingrained in the way school districts operate their cafeterias that its almost impossible to change it without there being excessive costs involved that given current budget constraints will make it impossible to achieve.

http://www.grist.org/article/can-michelle-obama-make-the-math-work-for-better-school-food/

This is doomed to fail no matter how it gets played. Schools can upgrade, spend more for "healthy" food, hire more experienced people to cook it and the only ones that will eat it are the ones that are on free/reduced lunch (Read low income group) because the rest of the kids will brown bag their lunch if they can't get pizza and other stuff.
Schools know this now which is why they offer the foods that they do now to compensate for the hit they take in offering the subsidized meals that are required to meet dietary guidelines for free and reduced lunches.

As they say..CASH IN THE TRASH

Money is more important than health - it's the American way

thedamndest
03-28-2010, 12:47 PM
When I want to watch fat people struggling to make healthy eating decisions I'll go to Denny's instead of turning on my TV, thank you very much.