PDA

View Full Version : I'm Calling this right NOW for Wrestlemania

MrSpikeLee
03-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Christian wins the Money in the Bank.
cash's it in the same night, and beats Edge...

addy2hotty
03-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Would be one of the biggest mark out moments of my life, but can't see it.

Drew's taking the case.

MrSpikeLee
03-26-2010, 02:54 PM

Drew's taking the case.

It would be the biggest mark, and I think
this is exactly what WWE needs...

Jeritron
03-26-2010, 02:59 PM
It would be the biggest mark, and I think
this is exactly what WWE needs...

This is the biggest Mark, and WWE already has him

http://l.yimg.com/l/tv/us/img/site/58/16/0000035816_20061116141753.jpg

kareru
03-26-2010, 03:08 PM
ive always wanted the winner in MITB to cash it on the same night (before a match) but ive never seen it

Jeritron
03-26-2010, 03:10 PM
You haven't seen it? Look harder

SOCCER LEGS
03-26-2010, 03:10 PM
won't happen, they're both faces

RVDmark
03-26-2010, 03:15 PM
won't happen, they're both faces

What like when face CM Punk cashed in on face Jeff Hardy? Only done properly so Christian becomes instant heel as opposed to CM Punk's gradual drift to heeldom over a period of weeks.

Jeritron
03-26-2010, 03:22 PM
I love how this is being discussed like there's no chance of Jericho retaining, which more than likely is going to happen.
Christian cashing in on Jericho would also make just as much sense. It would allow him to remain face, and still lead to a storyline between him and Edge. Edge could grow jealous of the fact that Christian stole the moment that should have been his, or Christian could begin to become cocky about his trumping of Edge.

There are any number of things that could arise from this. Whatever it is would probably be good, since all 3 guys in queston have great chemistry and a lot of history already.

I wouldn't bank on it happening though. It would be a nice treat, but I'm not going in expecting it. That's not fair to the great card anyways. I think setting expectations based on speculation and fantasy booking is a crapshoot. I'd rather be excited about what's already booked, and take any additions or changes as they come.

Ermaximus
03-26-2010, 03:27 PM
I'd love for Christian to win the MITB, but sadly, I have a feeling that Drew McIntyre is taking it. :( Speaking of which, has Triple Naitch posted Tipsters yet?

Nicky Fives
03-26-2010, 03:30 PM

Drew's taking the case.

I couldn't agree more...... on both points unfortunately

The Franchise
03-26-2010, 03:34 PM
I think its hilarious that people honestly believe there is even a slight chance of Christian winning a World Title at WrestleMania.

The Jayman
03-26-2010, 03:42 PM
I believe

Ermaximus
03-26-2010, 03:42 PM
I believe

The Franchise
03-26-2010, 03:43 PM
It would be awesome and all but he isnt even a lock to win the MITB

Mr. Pierre
03-26-2010, 03:44 PM
The guy hasn't had a bad match since he returned. For fuck's sake, give him the belt :(

Fuck these forced stars like Drew and Sheamus. LETS GO CHRISTIAN

The Jayman
03-26-2010, 03:44 PM
he is the odds on favorite

Lock Jaw
03-26-2010, 03:46 PM
If Drew McIntyre wins, I riot.

The Franchise
03-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Other than his facial expressions, McIntyre is pretty terrible IMO

Mr. Pierre
03-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Yeah, McIntyre is nothing special. The guy has been pushed to the moon in the past 6 months, yet he can't draw any interest from a live audience (at least from what I've seen).

screech
03-26-2010, 03:50 PM
The guy hasn't had a bad match since he returned. For fuck's sake, give him the belt :(

Fuck these forced stars like Drew and Sheamus. LETS GO CHRISTIAN

THIS

screech
03-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Yeah, McIntyre is nothing special. The guy has been pushed to the moon in the past 6 months, yet he can't draw any interest from a live audience (at least from what I've seen).

I like McIntyre :-\

The Jayman
03-26-2010, 03:57 PM
I like McIntyre but just like Pierre said he doesn't get any kind of reaction. Him and Sheamus are always talked about being pushed to the moon however Sheamus can draw a good amount of heat

Droford
03-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Shelton is finally going to get his push!

Mr. Pierre
03-26-2010, 04:00 PM
The guy had the "undefeated" streak, an awesome theme song, he's IC Champ, and he's Vince's on-screen project, and he's still not over.

Testicle
03-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Agreed.

Ermaximus
03-26-2010, 04:04 PM
If McIntyre was going to win the MiTB, he'd have dropped the IC Title by now.

The Show Off
03-26-2010, 04:10 PM
I love how this is being discussed like there's no chance of Jericho retaining, which more than likely is going to happen.
Christian cashing in on Jericho would also make just as much sense. It would allow him to remain face, and still lead to a storyline between him and Edge. Edge could grow jealous of the fact that Christian stole the moment that should have been his, or Christian could begin to become cocky about his trumping of Edge.

There are any number of things that could arise from this. Whatever it is would probably be good, since all 3 guys in queston have great chemistry and a lot of history already.

I wouldn't bank on it happening though. It would be a nice treat, but I'm not going in expecting it. That's not fair to the great card anyways. I think setting expectations based on speculation and fantasy booking is a crapshoot. I'd rather be excited about what's already booked, and take any additions or changes as they come.

True.

With Chris Jericho, Christian, and Edge any combination of the three have held the tag team championships.

Tazz Dan
03-26-2010, 04:15 PM
If Testicle agrees, who am I to argue?

03-26-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm a Sheamus mark. He's not as bad in the ring as everyone says...and he's still young. Getting better, and will get better on the mic. Can't wait to see Sheamus v. H. Sheamus > McIntyre.

Plus, his music is bad fucking ass.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZA74hDEwwXY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZA74hDEwwXY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As far as TLC goes, would like to see Christian, but I've got a feeling it's going to be McIntyre as well. Kofi maybe has an outside chance.

redoneja
03-26-2010, 05:30 PM

Drew's taking the case.

THAT would be one the biggest mark out moments of your life? Wow, for me one of the biggest mark out moments of my life would be if WWE reintroduced those ice cream bars with the wrestlers image on the cookie part. :drool:

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Sheamus is good in the ring, people are just assholes. And he draws heat. Like him better than a lot of the crap that's on t.v.

parkmania
03-26-2010, 06:35 PM
On a different part of WM, what about this:

Bret actually loses to Vince, then the next match on the card is Taker/HBK. HBK looks poised to win until Bret comes down and interferes. Bret gets final and lasting revenge on the man that stole the title from him by stealing HBK's career.

Poit
03-26-2010, 06:55 PM

Replace Edge with Jericho, and that's what I'm hoping for.

EDIT: And now I see Jeritron beat me to it.

6-String King
03-26-2010, 10:20 PM

Agreed

Theo Dious
03-26-2010, 10:26 PM
This is what I would like to see. Last 4 matches of the night are MiTB, Jericho/Edge, HBK/Taker, then Cena/Batista. Edge beats Jericho, then later Cena Beats Batista. The show is supposedly closing when Christian's music hits and he strolls down to the ring. Cena is in battle ready-position when Christian takes the microphone. He tells Cena he's love to beat him for the title right now, but he has something else in mind. He then demands that Edge come out for a match, stating that he is NOT going to cash in the MiTB on a wounded animal like Edge has done twice. He and Edge both had a grueling match that night, now he wants to face HIS BROTHER one on one on an even playing ground.

Not expecting it to happen, but it would be the most awesome thing on the planet.

6-String King
03-26-2010, 10:31 PM
This is what I would like to see. Last 4 matches of the night are MiTB, Jericho/Edge, HBK/Taker, then Cena/Batista. Edge beats Jericho, then later Cena Beats Batista. The show is supposedly closing when Christian's music hits and he strolls down to the ring. Cena is in battle ready-position when Christian takes the microphone. He tells Cena he's love to beat him for the title right now, but he has something else in mind. He then demands that Edge come out for a match, stating that he is NOT going to cash in the MiTB on a wounded animal like Edge has done twice. He and Edge both had a grueling match that night, now he wants to face HIS BROTHER one on one on an even playing ground.

Not expecting it to happen, but it would be the most awesome thing on the planet.

I think he should just interfere in the Edge vs Jericho match. It seems like less of an impact using the briefcase to call somebody out. He needs to run in after the match and cash it in. I think this adds more excitement to calling somebody out first.

6-String King
03-26-2010, 10:32 PM

Bret actually loses to Vince, then the next match on the card is Taker/HBK. HBK looks poised to win until Bret comes down and interferes. Bret gets final and lasting revenge on the man that stole the title from him by stealing HBK's career.

I don't think the WWE would have HBK's retirement match end this way. Also HBK said after WM he's done or at the very least taking a long break. An interference would call for a storyline that would continue weeks after 'mania.

The Franchise
03-26-2010, 10:33 PM

No.

Xero
03-26-2010, 10:35 PM
What's sad is that I could see that happening.

You have to remember that HBK isn't done for good after this. He has a few more matches anyway. So there's no way (in a logical world) that he can go out clean.

Like I've said, I see the Gogoplata finish, but I wouldn't rule out a Bret screw job.

The Franchise
03-26-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm more worried about the Monarch of the Mat interfering

Xero
03-26-2010, 10:40 PM
IF they're bringing back Wargames, you have the ready made feud for Survivor Series (or whatever's replacing it) if they go the screw job route. Team Shawn vs Team Bret.

It makes more sense than I thought, honestly.

6-String King
03-26-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm a Sheamus mark. He's not as bad in the ring as everyone says...and he's still young. Getting better, and will get better on the mic. Can't wait to see Sheamus v. H. Sheamus > McIntyre.

Plus, his music is bad fucking ass.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZA74hDEwwXY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZA74hDEwwXY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sheamus will go far. McIntyre has a bad ass theme too

Jeritron
03-27-2010, 01:59 AM
What's sad is that I could see that happening.

You have to remember that HBK isn't done for good after this. He has a few more matches anyway. So there's no way (in a logical world) that he can go out clean.

Like I've said, I see the Gogoplata finish, but I wouldn't rule out a Bret screw job.

They could very well put him out clean. You always go out on your back. Even if he's leaning towards coming back for another match down the road, if he's leaving for an extended period of time it's very possible that he'll just go down cleanly.

Xero
03-27-2010, 02:03 AM
See, the only problem I have with that is that it just won't count for anything. At least if there's some controversy, they can bring him back without shitting on the match, which, if it's clean, it will.

That's my whole problem with the match stipulations in and of itself. If Taker loses, he loses something that will be on his record forever. If Shawn loses, he "retires". If he ever decides to break the retirement it cheapens the moment and makes the outcome meaningless.

Shawn risks nothing in this match, realistically. Taker has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Jeritron
03-27-2010, 02:05 AM
What if Shawn loses the match cleanly and really does retire for good?

Xero
03-27-2010, 02:07 AM
I'd say that's fine.

But let's be realistic here. That isn't the case. He's still in decent ring shape at worst. I would be utterly shocked if he lost clean and never wrestled another match, tag included.

Jeritron
03-27-2010, 02:10 AM
I agree that a Shawn Michaels retirement would normally be under different circumstances, but there's always the possibility that he just wants to hang it up and move on with his family, and doesn't care about the sendoff.

I think we'll be able to get an idea of how legit everything is based on how the end of the match goes, and the reaction the next night on Raw.

Jakob Synn
03-27-2010, 03:04 AM
After watching Smackdown and watching the 10 man tag match, I don't think Christian will win. I think Kofi is going to win and they're going to push him instead. I would love to see Christian win, but I don't think it'll happen. Though who knows, I mean it's a real toss up.

Though I'm sure we can all agree Kane and Evan Bourne won't win.

St. Jimmy
03-27-2010, 03:09 AM
If Shawn does lose, he needs to be the first person to go and stay gone. He would further cement his legacy as the greatest performer ever if he could actually keep a promise like that.

MrSpikeLee
03-27-2010, 09:54 AM
trust me, I think WWE are going to do
something unpredictable this year (with Christian).

And Christian really does need a push....

Edge maybe a face right now but think about it

Christian vs Edge would be like Austin vs The Rock..

Xero
03-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Christian winning is not "unpredictable". He's been the favorite for weeks.

tjmidnight420
03-27-2010, 10:46 AM
On HBK/ Taker: I agree with Xero. The stip is stupid. They should've just let them have the match, maybe with a different build up leading to Taker accepting. HBK retiring for good would just be sad honestly, as he's one of the few guys that can still tell a story, or is allowed to rather. One of the best sellers in the business, and all around awesome performer. Everyone thought he'd never step in the ring again after the Austin match, and honestly, when has he had a bad match since he's been back? The man is too damn good to hang it up forever.

On MiTB: Christian's the favorite. Drew's Vince's pet. I look at it like this: Drew's still too green, but apparently WWE likes that in their performers these days. I'm calling it for Xtian, but Drew wouldn't suprise me one bit. Either way it's predictable. The only question is who of the two of them will take the case. I'd rather see the Captain pull it off, because as stated he's got so much history with both men in the WHC match. It's just too good to pass on, which is exactly why I think WWE will.

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Edge vs. Christian would in no way be like Austin vs. Rock. Let's be realistic here. Also, I think Edge has to beat Jericho so his face run doesn't look entirely like a foetus.

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Kofi Kingston being included in Money in the Bank is weird to me. There's something up with it. This talk of heat might be all smoke. He's a rising star in the WWE, and the only reason he isn't the best choice to win is because he has "heat" on him. Didn't CM Punk have the same thing going on when he won...twice?

Jeritron
03-27-2010, 10:58 AM
trust me, I think WWE are going to do
something unpredictable this year (with Christian).

Okay, I trust you.

MrSpikeLee
03-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Okay, I trust you.

I don't trust your mum though

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2010, 11:16 AM
I think Christian will eventually get to the top, for the record. I'd like to see him get there via means other than Money in the Bank, however. For example: being screwed out of Money in the Bank itself could begin a quest for Christian to obtain the WWE Championship.

The perfect outcome to MITB at WMXXVI, for me, is Christian being the first to reach the top of the ladder, but before he can pull down the briefcase, it is raised to the ceiling and Christian cannot get it. The same thing happens with Shelton Benjamin a little later in the match (giving him a little bit of a nod for his hard work in MITB matches). Drew McIntyre is the third man to get to the position where it looks like he will win, and the briefcase comes down for him. Michael Cole talks about how Vince McMahon had stagehands rig the match so his golden boy won.

Christian doesn't take this lying down, however (nor does Shelton Benjamin). A short feud between Drew McIntyre and Benjamin on SmackDown! sees the Intercontinental Title change hands (perhaps with help from Christian). We could even get some Vince McMahon/Christian encounters, with McMahon telling Christian that Drew has something he never will. At Extreme Rules or Over the Limit, you can do a match between Drew McIntyre, Christian and Shelton Benjamin with both the briefcase and the Intercontinental Title on the line -- perhaps with two falls, or something like that.

Sixx
03-27-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm calling this:

After Wrestlemania we'll have a champion that is Canadian. That's from an inside source.

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm calling this:

After Wrestlemania we'll have a champion that is Canadian. That's from an inside source.

It'd be funny if Drew McIntyre won MITB and then cashed in against Edge or something. Although then you could still argue Maryse. :shifty:

As I've said before, I am really curious as to see how this event goes in Canada, actually. Edge challenging Chris Jericho, Bret Hart beating up Vince McMahon, Christian being a favourite to win MITB, and some hot Canadian girls being featured -- I can see it doing quite well.

Jeritron
03-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Wrestlemania 28 is slated to take place in Toronto. Imagine if they held off on Edge vs Christian until then?
I'm not suggesting it would "main event", but it could be the second title match like Edge vs Jericho is this year.

I don't think they would, or should hold off on it until then though. The two aren't getting any younger, and they could use a hot program like that this year or next.

Mr. Nerfect
03-28-2010, 02:35 AM
That would be pretty intense. Edge vs. Christian in Toronto would be magic. Two Toronto boys fighting -- there's your simple story. They don't need to hold it off, though -- I imagine it would do well enough even if they feuded for years. I'd personally have Edge holding the title and Christian winning the 2012 Royal Rumble to challenge.

But if they did hold off, I could imagine them putting Edge & Christian in a tag team match of sorts at WrestleMania XXVII, which could begin the story to their match.

Jakob Synn
03-28-2010, 02:42 AM
I'm calling this:

Both competetors in the Jericho/Edge match are Canadian so no matter who the winner is, we'll have a Canadian champ either way.

Lock Jaw
03-28-2010, 02:54 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
03-28-2010, 02:56 AM
Both competetors in the Jericho/Edge match are Canadian so no matter who the winner is, we'll have a Canadian champ either way.

Actually, Jericho was born in America. :shifty:

Maryse's title isn't on the line, so what Syxx said still stands, though.

Jakob Synn
03-28-2010, 02:57 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. :y:

No problem :p Didn't know if anyone was quite sure about that one so I thought I should be the one to let them know ;)

Sixx
03-28-2010, 05:42 AM
Actually, Jericho was born in America. :shifty:

Maryse's title isn't on the line, so what Syxx said still stands, though.

Syxx? :(

Mr. Nerfect
03-28-2010, 09:00 AM
I thought y's were cool. :(

Do you want me to edit?

Sixx
03-28-2010, 09:28 AM
I thought y's were cool. :(

Do you want me to edit?

Nah, it's fine. I just felt compared to Sean Waltman.

Mr. Nerfect
03-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Oh, I can understand why you would be offended. You can call me Noyd, if you like. :)

Krimzon7
03-28-2010, 11:35 AM

With these three, the bookers could put all of their booking options on a dart board, blindfold themselves hurl ONE DART at the board and go with any finish they want, as long as we get a payoff triple threat at summerslam!