PDA

View Full Version : How far can Kofi Kingston go?

Rollermacka
03-26-2010, 11:35 PM
What are your feelings about Kofi Kingston? Do you think he is a possible future world champ? Will he be a long standing guy who is a "step away" from the title, or is in the match right before the main event of a PPV? Could he fill that nitch in the tag team division? Or will he just end up being shortly released?

6-String King
03-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Kick him to the Curb

St. Jimmy
03-26-2010, 11:57 PM
as far away from the doghouse as his chain will do (NOT VERY FUCKIN' FAR SMARK)

YoungFlyFlashy
03-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Will be overlooked and underrated his whole entire career just like Benjamin, due to the color of his skin. Sorry, someone had to say it.

St. Jimmy
03-27-2010, 12:10 AM
I did say it, BLACK PEOPLE ARE OUTDATED FARM EQUIPMENT. Get with it SMARK.

Favre4Ever
03-27-2010, 12:18 AM
not far with that gimmick.

Ironballs
03-27-2010, 12:20 AM
As long as he's doing the sambo shit he'll be a perennial midcarder. It obviously moved a few t-shirts, sweatbands, key chains or whatever, but nobody is every going to honestly take this shit (http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0023/9882/brand.gif)seriously.

He needs to sharpen up his mic skills and turn heel. His ring work is ok, but he needs a way to be interesting without all the smiling, dancing, and other minstrel bullshit. It's killing his career.

Lock Jaw
03-27-2010, 12:23 AM
He showed the potential to be a main eventer. Then they killed his push entirely. But it was a nice little test for him, and I think he passed.

YoungFlyFlashy
03-27-2010, 12:26 AM
As long as he's doing the sambo shit he'll be a perennial midcarder. It obviously moved a few t-shirts, sweatbands, key chains or whatever, but nobody is every going to honestly take this shit (http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0023/9882/brand.gif)seriously.

He needs to sharpen up his mic skills and turn heel. His ring work is ok, but he needs a way to be interesting without all the smiling, dancing, and other minstrel bullshit. It's killing his career.

John. Cena.

Ironballs
03-27-2010, 01:09 AM
1) Cena had a great heel run during his early career.
2) Cena has good-great mic skills depending on who you ask, as well as a ton of natural charisma that Kofi simply doesn't have, and probably never will.
3) Cena isn't black. All Cena had to do was stop rapping, and start saluting and curving the bills on his baseball caps and and the wigger gimmick was all but forgotten.

YoungFlyFlashy
03-27-2010, 01:17 AM
1) Cena had a great heel run during his early career.
2) Cena has good-great mic skills depending on who you ask, as well as a ton of natural charisma that Kofi simply doesn't have, and probably never will.
3) Cena isn't black. All Cena had to do was stop rapping, and start saluting and curving the bills on his baseball caps and and the wigger gimmick was all but forgotten.

1. Seriously if you do not see Kofi's natural charisma, then I do not know what to say.

2. I guess that all depends who you ask, because I personally liked him a lot better as a fan when he was doing the Marky Mark gimmick, it was diffrent and fresh, and very funny. Quite frankly I truly can not stand the "white meat" gimmick he has now. The only reason I watch him now is because my son loves him. So clearly I can see why they switched over from the rapper to the saluter.

Ironballs
03-27-2010, 01:38 AM
I didn't say Kofi has no charisma. I'm just not so sure he has 'it'.

#2 Articulates my point well. At comparable points in their careers, Kofi is smiling, shucking, and jiving, while Cena was choking motherfuckers with chains. Yeah he was rapping and wearing throwbacks and fitteds and shit, but he also made you take him seriously.

Instead of comparing Kofi to Cena, we should be comparing him to Val Venis. If this gimmick continues too long it will stick and kill his career. Hopefully Vince wises up before then.

YoungFlyFlashy
03-27-2010, 01:45 AM
I didn't say Kofi has no charisma. I'm just not so sure he has 'it'.

#2 Articulates my point well. At comparable points in their careers, Kofi is smiling, shucking, and jiving, while Cena was choking motherfuckers with chains. Yeah he was rapping and wearing throwbacks and fitteds and shit, but he also made you take him seriously.

Instead of comparing Kofi to Cena, we should be comparing him to Val Venis. If this gimmick continues too long it will stick and kill his career. Hopefully Vince wises up before then.

Compare Kofi to The Rock, hmmm....just imagine, one nice heel turn with a good stable behind him, could give him the boost he needs.

Ironballs
03-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Compare Kofi to The Rock, hmmm....just imagine, one nice heel turn with a good stable behind him, could give him the boost he needs.

: P

Wishbone
03-27-2010, 01:59 AM
Kofi has the tools to become a main event player he just needs time and a bit of backing from creative IMO his fued with Orton really showed he can be taken seriously as a competitor and in this era of the WWE all the smiling and dancing works for him not against him sure in the attitude era he wouldn't have had a chance but in this PG WWE I think Kofi can and will go far atleast reaching the same class as guy's like Rey Mysterio and mabe even CM Punk

Xerzes
03-27-2010, 03:09 AM
He's probably as far as he's going to go already. He might have a few more half-pushes to look forward to sometime.

AKin3D
03-27-2010, 03:11 AM
He's the new D'lo Brown

theexample
03-27-2010, 05:06 AM
Upper midcard is the highest he'll go.

Mr Amazing
03-27-2010, 09:17 AM
he might win a world title but he will mostly be used to freshenthe main event scene

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2010, 10:56 AM

Actually, it's kind of weird that you mention this, as I could imagine Kofi Kingston having an angry black man gimmick one day. We saw him bust out some intensity during his feud with Orton; so just channel that towards society in general. I dunno; could see it happening.

Rammsteinmad
03-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Kofi is another guy they build up and then drop, see: MVP, Jack Swagger, Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, Dolph Ziggler.

6-String King
03-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Will be overlooked and underrated his whole entire career just like Benjamin, due to the color of his skin. Sorry, someone had to say it.

What year do you think it is? Bobby Lashley former ECW World Champ. Booker T 5 time World Champ, The Rock(he is half black) is a fucking legend with numerous championships.

Benjamin and Kingston won't make it not because they're black. And not because neither one of them don't have in ring skill. But because neither one of them have a unique look, or a unique gimmick that works. There's more then just one ingredient in being a successful big name wrestler. They're both 2 ingredients shy. Charlie Haas was an excellent in ring wrestler, he was white, and he's going nowhere with out a gimmick change.

Jakob Synn
03-27-2010, 04:53 PM
It's funny because his fued with Orton just suddenly ended and it seemed like the writers had nothing else so they just dropped it. It's sad quite frankly.

I agree with most people here, a good heel turn and a little change in character will help. I'm sure winning Money In The Bank may solidify that.

Lock Jaw
03-27-2010, 05:05 PM
It didn't really suddenly end. It ended when Randy repeatedly defeated Kofi.

LoDownM
03-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Booker T 5 time World Champ

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Kofi seemed like a sure thing for a while, too.