PDA

View Full Version : Christian vs. Matt Hardy

AJHayes
03-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Am I the only one that would really enjoy seeing a match between the two supporting members of their respective tag teams from the TIT? I think that it would really be a chance for both of them to shine.

Mr. Nerfect
03-29-2010, 02:27 AM
Yes and no. I don't think it is the right time, although I feel the match would be awesome. One day.

Aguakate
03-29-2010, 02:31 AM
Only if Matt Hardy was the heel.

Droford
03-29-2010, 02:32 AM
What would be funnier is, if Jeff should ever come back, you have Edge and Jeff partner up as being the successful ones of the duos vs the two losers in Christian and Matt.

glanville6
03-29-2010, 02:52 AM
Yes, Jeff Hardy has held the major titles, but as I recall Jeff has never won at Mania, and Matt owns a pinfall victory over Jeff at Mania 25. I don't have a problem with the idea, I don't have a problem with calling Jeff and Edge the successful ones, but calling Matt and Christian "losers" I do have a problem with. However, I know what you mean and seeing as they were never WWE or World Champs (in WWE). That said, I am a huge Christian mark... and Christian BEAT Jericho at Mania...Edge didnt!

KayfabeMan
03-29-2010, 03:09 AM
These are the two guys that should be getting a main event level push.

Instead, we are stuck with Batista and Sheamus.

Tazz Dan
03-29-2010, 03:59 AM
Matt Hardy is over rated in the IWC. I'm not saying he's bad, but his promo's are generally shit and his matches aren't that great recently. And the reason we're 'stuck' with Batista is because he is over with the fans, and Sheamus is on his way there.

Jeritron
03-29-2010, 04:11 AM
I've lost a ton of interest in Matt Hardy. I thought a main event push for him might have worked some time ago, but now I don't really care.

I think turning him heel was a good move, but it never went anywhere and since returning as a face, he's been boring.

Tazz Dan
03-29-2010, 04:14 AM
^^^

Mr. Nerfect
03-29-2010, 04:20 AM
I do agree with Jeritron and Tazz Dan. Once upon a time, I was huge on Matt Hardy. Now I just want him to really make me care about him again. I like that he went back to the baggy pants. I think he needs to re-capture that lightning in a bottle, though. I think a lot of it might have to do with his booking, though. Matt's been on a bit of a losing streak until recently.

Mr. C
03-29-2010, 04:25 AM
Only if Christian and Hardy are both face, or you have Christian & Hardy vs. The Big Show & The Miz.

Jeritron
03-29-2010, 04:28 AM
I think Matt's window has closed. Christian can move into the main event of Smackdown. Matt Hardy doesn't even seem like a star next to rookies on NXT.
I don't know how it happened so quickly, but he just has lost a ton of momentum since that short-lived heel turn.
Fans still pop him pretty good sometimes though.

KayfabeMan
03-29-2010, 05:40 AM
And the reason we're 'stuck' with Batista is because he is over with the fans, and Sheamus is on his way there.

Well, it's a situation where it's all about booking.

Matt definitely needs a mouthpiece on his side, but WWE will never get with the program on that one - so might as well forget about that. But he should have been booked in better programs from the beginning, and now he'd be in the same boat as those two.

Sixx
03-29-2010, 05:46 AM
From the tit?

AJHayes
03-29-2010, 08:30 PM
From the tit?

Terri Invitational Tournament.

Mr Amazing
03-29-2010, 08:41 PM
they should of went back to the matt hardy heel grimmick from 2002-2003(mattitude)

screech
03-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Matt should have been pushed during the Mattitude run. He pretty much was Smackdown! at that point.

Sadly, I think his ship has sailed.

screech
03-29-2010, 08:48 PM
I would enjoy a match between the two, though.

Damian Rey
03-29-2010, 09:53 PM
I agree with Screech that V.1 was the way to go. The "Matt Facts" were great, and the build to his entrance was always a great way to gain some heat before he stepped out to the ring.

Matt's ship sailed a long time ago. His heel turn was great, and he got a solid win over Jeff, who was as over as anyone last year. Then he got hurt, "repented", and his character has pretty much been aborted since. He's gotten to a point where he's bland all around, which is sad seeing as Matt is great talent to have.

Christian still has a chance. He needs to move to SmackDown! Right now may be the perfect time, with Jericho being the current champ. I don't know when, if anytime soon, Edge will be getting the strap. Christian could easily be inserted into a high profile feud.

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2010, 12:17 AM
I think Matt's window has closed. Christian can move into the main event of Smackdown. Matt Hardy doesn't even seem like a star next to rookies on NXT.
I don't know how it happened so quickly, but he just has lost a ton of momentum since that short-lived heel turn.
Fans still pop him pretty good sometimes though.

I think where the WWE went wrong with Matt is that the RAW writing team had no idea how to run with a heel Matt Hardy. Instead of making him a main event-obsessed, talented, nigh-psychotic presence, they relegated him to cowardly heel status. This sort of took Matt's credibility as a face (which was ECW Title level), and brought it back even further. Since then, Matthew has been dropping.

It looks like he's on the rise again. I mean, probably not to any main event scene; but wins over Drew McIntyre, Team RAW and a solid showing in MITB are hopefully indicative that the WWE has got some sort of plan for him. I hope.

Why they removed Mattitude from his persona is beyond me. That gimmick was over, successful, unique and I truthfully miss the Matt Facts. :(

Londoner
03-30-2010, 12:18 AM
I'lld love to see Matt win the IC title.

The Gold Standard
03-30-2010, 12:19 AM
I've lost a ton of interest in Matt Hardy. I thought a main event push for him might have worked some time ago, but now I don't really care.

I think turning him heel was a good move, but it never went anywhere and since returning as a face, he's been boring.

He was Smackdown in 2007. Now he is terrible. I hate when he is on my TV everyweek.

The Gold Standard
03-30-2010, 12:21 AM
I think I am the only one on here that thinks that Christian will never make it to the next level in WWE. He will never be the face on Raw or Smackdown. There is a better shot on Smackdown then Raw, but I really don't see it happening.

Londoner
03-30-2010, 12:22 AM
I think I am the only one on here that thinks that Christian will never make it to the next level in WWE. He will never be the face on Raw or Smackdown. There is a better shot on Smackdown then Raw, but I really don't see it happening.

If he was gonna be in the main event one day he would've won MITB, now i can't see it happening.

KayfabeMan
03-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Said it before, and will say it again - WWE only took Cage so TNA could not keep making him bigger. That was their main main motive behind it. They did this with Gail Kim as well.

I think they also had the idea of using him as a 'backup' guy in their head. With all the guys they were shifting around, they had him in the event something didn't work out and they could move him into a program - as they know he can get over and perform.

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2010, 01:23 AM
I think Christian has got a fair enough shot just based on how he is such a consistently capable and over hand. He'll be fine. Maybe he won't even headline a WrestleMania; maybe he will -- but he's doing fine for himself.

Drew McIntyre's reign as Intercontinental Champion may come to an end soon. I can see him changing brands in the upcoming draft. It'd be interesting to see Matt Hardy de-throne him for the title.