PDA

View Full Version : the main thing I miss from WCW

Dorkchop
03-29-2010, 09:54 AM
is WCW's non main event wrestlers. They were actually allowed to shine in the ring and have great matches. Of course all of those guys were never allowed to get any higher in the company.

WWE stopped allowing great mid and under card matches. I remember some good matches with Tajiri in 2001 so it happened not too long after that. I think roughly around the time they put JBL, Cena, and Batista in the main event... the guys who couldn't have great matches. Maybe also around the time HHH dominated the company. He was probably scared to let people look better than him.... but it's continued even after HHH has stepped down a bit so he's probably not the main reason (I'm sure he's some of the reason... at least in 2002 to maybe 2006).

It's pretty disappointing because WWE has a lot of great wrestlers. I just wish they let everyone in the company work to their full ability.

kareru
03-29-2010, 10:02 AM
i know man, i found a torrent with (nearly)every monday nitro from 1995- death and the cruiser weight matches they used to have were absolutely awesome, usually it was the main event that was the most boring match

TheAdamEvansFan
03-29-2010, 11:16 AM
In WCW, people like Kidman and others got to shine through the cruserweight division.

Also, Factions were a main part of WCW and led to such great angles, loyaltys, and passion. TNA needs to jump on this...

Noone wants to see Cena n Batista, 2 steroid pushers, wrestling anywayz, cuz they can't.

YoungFlyFlashy
03-29-2010, 11:20 AM
If WWE would of gone under we would of been missing character building, main events that actually deliver. The CW matches were great, but with no real character build, or even feud builds (with the exception of some) they were really dry. Also WCW buried them, because anything they would deal with a non-cw, they would get blasted. Atleast in WWE guys like Eddie & Rey became world champions, and their matches meant so much more than just two guys wrestling to kill time until the main event. So no I do not miss that from WCW. I miss WCW just simply because it was just another (atleast decent) wrestling show to watch on Mondays.

CSL
03-29-2010, 11:26 AM
The best WWE match of 2009 (in my opinion) came in the 2nd match on a 9 match card in an 'undercard' feud.

redoneja
03-29-2010, 11:32 AM
The best WWE match of 2009 (in my opinion) came in the 2nd match on a 9 match card in an 'undercard' feud.

Jericho v Mysterio from Extreme Rules?

CSL
03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Yup

kareru
03-29-2010, 11:40 AM
i wish they would let matt sydal off jobbing duty and let him go with a couple of the smaller guys like rey or cmpunk or maybe even kingston

CSL
03-29-2010, 11:44 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkqN3m_r3_M&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkqN3m_r3_M&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gHzEyMySGv0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gHzEyMySGv0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

KayfabeMan
03-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Maybe if WWE would have built a clearly respectible Cruiserweight division, instead of just believing that small guys are entertaining only when jobbing to bigger guys, or OK for filler, we would have some decent matches with guys that aren't necessarily believable in the ring with Mark Henry or HHH.

CWK
03-29-2010, 03:39 PM
I miss the instensity of the Goldberg streak where he crushed everybody, I marked out for Goldberg huge during his 98 run.

CWK
03-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Jericho v Mysterio from Extreme Rules?

I thought it was The Bash. That match was great