PDA

View Full Version : So, what's next?

Providence Peep
03-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Now that another WrestleMania has come and gone, and the legend Shawn Michaels has said a sad farewell to the industry, I'm wondering what you guys and gals think will or should happen next.

One thing we might want to the talk about is the upcoming draft, and the fact that three mega-superstar faces (Trips, Cena and RKO) are currently all on the same show. Do you think any of them will be drafted to Smackdown? If so, which one do you think it should or will be?

Another question is, will Jack Swagger, who obviously is on a mission to dress like Kurt Angle as much as possible, end up defeating John Cena this year and become the new Champ? Does Swagger have what it takes?

Also, who else here would like to see the feud between The Miz and Daniel Bryan Danielson escalate and end with Bryan winning the US title? Wouldn't THAT be AWWWWWWEEEEESOMMMMMMMEEE?!

The Franchise
03-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Probably another twelve months of Cena-Batista-Orton-Triple H in the RAW main-event scene. With Orton as an anti-hero face and Batista as a dick heel, it might be a little better this time around.

Smackdown should be good this year with Jericho and Edge feuding and CM Punk/Christian ready to pop in the main-event at any given time (being really optimistic about Christian)

I think Swagger is going to tease the MITB for a while and then will eventually cash in and lose in a good hard fought match against Cena most likely.

Londoner
03-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Tempted to agree with franchise but dunno yet really, just curious to see what happens but it'll probs go downhill abit unless they keep up the momentum from this week.

The Franchise
03-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Of the "big four" on RAW neither of them should get drafted to Smackdown. Cena is staying on RAW no matter what so that's out of the question. Orton should and most likely will stay on RAW. Triple H on Smackdown would only ruin that show and take away the spotlight for Edge and Chris Jericho. Batista was on Smackdown forever.

What they need to do is keep Batista as the top heel on RAW until they turn Cena heel. Not sure when this is going to happen but I really think it will happen BY or AT Wrestlemania 27. Orton should stay the tweener he is and be 'neutral' kind of like Austin in 2000 and 2001 where he would team with faces one week and then beat the shit out of everyone in his way the next. That will get him over HUGE. Triple H should honestly stay out of the WWE Title scene and work with younger guys like he is Sheamus. I think HBK retiring and Taker on the brink of retiring is an eye opener for the WWE and Hunter should really help younger guys this year because the other three are still in their prime.

The Franchise
03-30-2010, 06:10 PM
All I wish for is Randy Orton does not turn into a pussy babyface who thanks/respects EVERYONE like Cena. Imagine Orton and Cena doing that. :nono:

2010 should not mark the beginning of the Gratitude Era

Providence Peep
03-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Do any of you think NXT will be the X-factor this year? I would not be at all surprised if someone (probably Daniel Bryan Danielson) from that show steps it up and becomes a breakout star, much like Sheamus. I'm expecting big things from the new yellow brand on the block.

Londoner
03-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Speaking of NXT, I wish they would do a king of the ring style tourney to determine the winner of NXT rather than shitty voting.

XL
03-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Although Franchise makes some good points...

Batista is a Smackdown guy at the moment, he's only on RAw for his fued with Cena. And Christian is a Raw guy so he isn't ready to pop in the Main Event on SD at least.

They need to learn from past (and repeated) mistakes and keep Orton the way he is. Let him punt heels instead of faces and he'll stay over just fine. For me a Cena return to SmackDown would be best but also the most unlikely. Can't see where they're gonna go with Swagger, his MitB win came out of left field. I could see him being the first to lose having cashed in.

I'm holding out hope that Christian's win over DiBiase on Raw shows that the WWE are looking to push him, I don't get where the legends fit in to it though.

In closing, I wanna see Christian get pushed to the moon in the best angle ever.

Providence Peep
03-30-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm holding out hope that Christian's win over DiBiase on Raw shows that the WWE are looking to push him, I don't get where the legends fit in to it though.

In closing, I wanna see Christian get pushed to the moon in the best angle ever.

Triple H VS. Christian could be classic.

ORANGE-LOCKE
03-30-2010, 06:44 PM

Perhaps an Instant Classic. :lol:

Londoner
03-30-2010, 07:04 PM

Anything with christian is classic, mate, I said this last night after i kept finding myself saying 'christian v dibiase would be good, christian v matt hardy would be good, christian v swagger would be good....' etc so that's how i've come to this conclusion.:D

TheHart
03-30-2010, 07:09 PM

That was more for the Ted Dibiase storyline they are starting with his dad. Which, I'm not sure what to make of it at the moment. Did Dibiase turn face and say he basically wants to step out of his father's shadow? Million Dollar Man was definitely heel at the start of the match. But fans could get behind him because his son just turned his back on him.

Where will Rhodes fall into this story? Or will he return and fall into a giant void?

The Franchise
03-30-2010, 07:10 PM
He needs to lose those tights pronto. No one can get over with brown tights.

Favre4Ever
03-30-2010, 07:24 PM
It will be interesting to see if The Undertaker really does take another long hiatus. Losing HBK from the program is going to be a tough spot to fill, but losing him AND the Undertaker has to be a dreadful scenario. I'm fully expecting guys like Morrison, Miz, McIntyre and Punk again to start moving up the card.

Favre4Ever
03-30-2010, 07:25 PM
All I wish for is Randy Orton does not turn into a pussy babyface who thanks/respects EVERYONE like Cena. Imagine Orton and Cena doing that. :nono:

2010 should not mark the beginning of the Gratitude Era

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RcUVF1JZy14&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RcUVF1JZy14&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

TheHart
03-30-2010, 07:46 PM
He needs to lose those tights pronto. No one can get over with brown tights.

They can stay as far as I'm concerned. He looked classy and super sexy in those trunks :)

Providence Peep
03-30-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm surprised this thread hasn't received more responses... oh well.

Indifferent Clox
03-30-2010, 09:04 PM
i wish hbk would have Put over danielson