PDA

View Full Version : Kofi

bostonbill41
03-31-2010, 09:04 AM
He puts on a great show everytime. Think he's one of the most underrated wrestlers in the WWE

Supreme Olajuwon
03-31-2010, 09:07 AM
oh word?

Mr. Nerfect
03-31-2010, 10:09 AM
I do thoroughly enjoy Kofi. He's a great worker, can cut a mean promo when he has to, and is consistently over with crowds. He was a sure thing last year, but got bumped down because Orton bitched about him, or it was just a test run or something. Either way, I expect fairly decent things from him. It goes to his credit that I originally could not imagine him as a heel, but he's evolved his character enough that we've seen levels of rage from him to the point where I could buy him as an asshole.

Triple H seems high on him from a recent interview, and his spots in Money in the Bank alone are fairly classic. I'm hoping 2010 is a good year for him. A move to SmackDown! would be interesting, as he'd get longer to work and probably some deeper programs to engage in.

Kane Knight
03-31-2010, 10:27 AM
He seems to be loved by the fans. How is that underrated?

Joesgonnakillyou
03-31-2010, 10:31 AM
I think it's better they take it slow with him. Sheamus was pushed too fast and I think he will fall fast as well.

HHH seems to like Kofi and mentioned him along with a couple of others when talking about new talent. That's always a good sign.

Xero
03-31-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm not a fan mainly because his style just doesn't mesh with the rest of the WWE style. Most guys adapt well and don't seem out of place, like Evan Bourne. While he's impressive at times, there's just something about Kofi's in-ring style that bothers me.

Providence Peep
03-31-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm sort of surprised Kofi has become a bigger star.

NoRoolz
03-31-2010, 11:29 AM
I like Kofi a lot, but strangely I never wanna see in the main-event. Unless he was to be totally repackaged with a whole new gimmick, then maybe.

Keep him where he is, multi time IC champion, maybe be in a tag-team for a while. Credible threat in matches like MITB, good shows in rumbles and that. Not everyone has to eventually reach the main-event. A few years ago I'd have said the same about Carlito.

Jay p fury
03-31-2010, 11:42 AM
kofi has potential but its gonna be a long time before we have another black world champ. as a black man, i hate admitting that. there is a certain way that you have to push a black superstar in order for him to reach booker t levels. i use booker because he could come back today and still be considered "title worthy". it took him so long to get to the mountain top. he had to pretty much beat every main eventer twice before wcw took a chance. then he had to do the same when wwe took over. he had to constantly remind us of all the titles he had won. then he had to get a complete gimmick make over.

kofi has what it takes to get there but he needs to be carefully crafted from here on in...

Providence Peep
03-31-2010, 11:44 AM
kofi has what it takes to get there but he needs to be carefully crafted from here on in...

Good thing the WWE writers are always great at what they do!
JK! :shifty:

GoneFishing
03-31-2010, 11:59 AM
He's entertaining.... one of my guesses that might have won the ladder match.

Kofi using a broken ladder and turning into Spider-Man = WIN!

Kane Knight
03-31-2010, 12:15 PM
He's entertaining.... one of my guesses that might have won the ladder match.

Kofi using a broken ladder and turning into Stilt-Man = WIN!

I can't wait to see who they get to play Paste-Pot Pete.

bostonbill41
03-31-2010, 12:28 PM
He seems to be loved by the fans. How is that underrated?

Maybe underrated is the wrong word. He doesnt seem to be a major player yet. Id watch Superstars this week ;)

Kane Knight
03-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Maybe underrated is the wrong word. He doesnt seem to be a major player yet. Id watch Superstars this week ;)

He's hardly underpushed, though. He's only really been around in WWE for like three years now, and has had some prominent featuring, as well as a nice little program with Orton fairly recently. Now, maybe this is another "Punk in the doghouse" deal, but since that shit was absurd in the first place....

I like Kofi. I hope he goes far. But he's not underrated and he's too "new" to WWE to really be underpushed simply for not being a main event star.

The Gold Standard
03-31-2010, 01:37 PM
I am a huge fan of him. I think he can be a main eventer down the line, but he needs to change a few things. These are small, but IMO they can go a long way.

1) I would love a music change, but it is not 100% needed. All he needs to do is come out a little later. Let the slow part of the song play, then when it speeds up, come running out.

2) Calm down the excitement a little. Right now his excitement is about a 10 he needs to be a 7/8 when walking to the ring.

3) New finisher. His finisher is fine right now since he is in the mid card, but if they want him to become a main eventer, with Triple H high on him it seems possible, he needs a change. I have no idea what he can use, but it has to be something different. He can bring out the Trouble in Paradise everyonce in a while to keep it relevant.

Poit
03-31-2010, 02:06 PM
I can't wait to see who they get to play Paste-Pot Pete.

Wait, I thought he was a Fantastic Four villain?

BigDaddyCool
03-31-2010, 02:10 PM
How is he underrated?

Shadrick
03-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Where is this Triple H interview?

sa
03-31-2010, 02:12 PM
He is one of the lease underrated

Johnny Vegas
03-31-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm not a fan mainly because his style just doesn't mesh with the rest of the WWE style. Most guys adapt well and don't seem out of place, like Evan Bourne. While he's impressive at times, there's just something about Kofi's in-ring style that bothers me.

i bet people said the same thing about The Rock...

Johnny Vegas
03-31-2010, 02:31 PM
kofi has potential but its gonna be a long time before we have another black world champ. as a black man, i hate admitting that. there is a certain way that you have to push a black superstar in order for him to reach booker t levels. i use booker because he could come back today and still be considered "title worthy". it took him so long to get to the mountain top. he had to pretty much beat every main eventer twice before wcw took a chance. then he had to do the same when wwe took over. he had to constantly remind us of all the titles he had won. then he had to get a complete gimmick make over.

I'm still mad Booker T didn't win at WM19. That was just the right him..actually, it was a little earlier than that but c'mon, it was WM and he busted his ass, was WAY over, and i wasn't bothered by his in-ring style.

BigDaddyCool
03-31-2010, 02:42 PM
JV, Kofi isn't black, he is Jamacian.

Favre4Ever
03-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Anyone who hates Kofi Kingston is a racist!

BigDaddyCool
03-31-2010, 02:56 PM
I like Kofi and I'm a racist. Does that blow your mind?

Johnny Vegas
03-31-2010, 02:57 PM
JV, Kofi isn't black, he is Jamacian.

Koslov isn't white, he's Russian

Xero
03-31-2010, 02:59 PM
i bet people said the same thing about The Rock...

Are you comparing Kofi Kingston to The Rock?

Are you that fucking deluded?

Innovator
03-31-2010, 03:06 PM
The only thing the Rock had going for him was his work for a bit

St. Jimmy
03-31-2010, 03:41 PM
I thought this was going to be a future endeavors thread.

Shadow
03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
I really don't know what other finisher Kofi could do. Trouble in Paridise just fits him so well. Perhaps some variation of a Flipping release leg hook belly to back suplex? I could see Kofi make this believeable.

bostonbill41
03-31-2010, 06:47 PM
He is one of the lease underrated

do you mean least?

BigDaddyCool
04-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Koslov isn't white, he's Russian

Yeah, I know.