PDA

View Full Version : Where would wrestling be without The Kliq?

YoungFlyFlashy
04-01-2010, 01:33 AM
"This is the Genesis of D Generation X in front of the world I form the DX army. An army to take care of business that should have been taken care of right from the start. And when you start an army, when you go out to do what no one else can do. The first thing you do is you look to your blood. You look to your buddies. You look to your friends. You look to the KLIQ." -Triple H

I've always thought about this, thought about how The Kliq was always in the mix of the bs, and weren't so popular. But seriously where would the wrestling business be today had The Kliq never existed?

http://eamonwalford.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/the-kliq.jpg

No D-X. No nWo. No Wrestlemania 10, 11, 12, 14, etc. match of the nights. No Triple H. You see where I'm going with this, if we take them out of the equation, would wrestling be as good? Could they of just make anybody into "Mr. Wrestlemania"? Could any of group of friends made nWo work?

Favre4Ever
04-01-2010, 02:04 AM
I mean your pretty much asking what if four of the most influential wrestling figures of the early 90's never existed. And that's kind of a weird question.

Lock Jaw
04-01-2010, 02:16 AM
It'd be pretty much the same, just with different people.

The Franchise
04-01-2010, 02:18 AM
Do you mean if what wrestling would be like if they were not so "tight" or if they never existed? Because the latter would completely change wrestling but the former wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Favre4Ever
04-01-2010, 02:20 AM
I think a much better thread idea would have been something like "WHAT IF SHAWN MICHAELS HAD NEVER ACCEPTED JESUS?"

Because that prolly would have had way more of an impact than this.

Favre4Ever
04-01-2010, 02:21 AM
oh man I wanna make that thread.

The Fraze
04-01-2010, 02:24 AM
We'll never know I guess. It's such a hard question to answer because it's such a large what if. It seemed like DX and the NWO were created to counter-act each other on their respective programs in an effort to win the ratings war at that time so who knows what would have happened? Not I, I tell ya. Not I...

YoungFlyFlashy
04-01-2010, 02:25 AM
Do you mean if what wrestling would be like if they were not so "tight" or if they never existed? Because the latter would completely change wrestling but the former wouldn't make that much of a difference.

If they never existed. The reason I am asking that is because they had so much heat during their time on top, so I've always wondered, was the heat bad enough to wish them gone? And if so, where would we be without them?

YoungFlyFlashy
04-01-2010, 02:27 AM
I think a much better thread idea would have been something like "WHAT IF SHAWN MICHAELS HAD NEVER ACCEPTED JESUS?"

Because that prolly would have had way more of an impact than this.

Simple. Either he would be dead, or he would be Scott Hall. Seriously. And the real question should be "What if Shawn Michaels never met the Nitro Girl?" She is the one that introduced him.

The Franchise
04-01-2010, 02:30 AM
The WWE would be very different. Bret Hart would have never jumped ship. The Attitude Era may have taken longer to kick off and I am thinking Bret-Austin would have been a much longer feud with Austin beating Hart instead of Michaels at WM 14. I think no HHH would have a bigger impact than no HBK. The entire 2000s decade would be completely different.

WCW would have been pretty similar, I think.

YoungFlyFlashy
04-01-2010, 02:40 AM
The WWE would be very different. Bret Hart would have never jumped ship. The Attitude Era may have taken longer to kick off and I am thinking Bret-Austin would have been a much longer feud with Austin beating Hart instead of Michaels at WM 14. I think no HHH would have a bigger impact than no HBK. The entire 2000s decade would be completely different.

WCW would have been pretty similar, I think.

WCW might of never made it to Monday Nights. Actually I take that back, because they still had Hogan & Savage, with their star power. So the Monday Night Wars would of started.

Yeah I def see Bret Hart/Steve Austin going much deeper, and even into the '00s. I do think Eazy E would of still made the nWo, just with diffrent people. Maybe Savage & Hogan as 'The Outsiders', and Sting being the secret partner.

The Attitude Era would of came about with Steve Austin, I believe Steve Austin's impact (if at all possible) would of been felt so much bigger than it was. He would of truly been the creator and leader of that era.

Jeritron
04-01-2010, 02:45 AM
WCW was already on Monday Nights before Hall and Nash went there.

The rest of this is impossible to dissect. They were a part of so much in both companies at that point

YoungFlyFlashy
04-01-2010, 02:50 AM
WCW was already on Monday Nights before Hall and Nash went there.

The rest of this is impossible to dissect. They were a part of so much in both companies at that point

Yeah your right about Monday Night Nitro, do not know where my head was at. But the rest is not impossible to dissect, something or someone would of had to step up to get the business up, who are those wrestlers? I believe Sting would of had a HUGE impact, instead of just being a "spin off" character of the nWo. Now that I'm thinking of this a little deeper, as I stated before, I believe the nWo would of been: Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, & Sting.

Jeritron
04-01-2010, 02:53 AM
No, it's pretty impossible to analyze because guys of that level had an impact on so much going on around them in the company.

Other fueds and angles are tailored to work alongside ones they were invovled in. Bret/Austin may never have happened if it wasn't for Shawn being in the company/deciding not to work Wrestlemania 13...etc. It can go for everything. There's a total butterfly effect.
Shawn and HHH were in very good with Vince and had tremendous stroke.
Hall and Nash were the same with Bischoff.

YoungFlyFlashy
04-01-2010, 02:57 AM
No, it's pretty impossible to analyze because guys of that level had an impact on so much going on around them in the company.

Other fueds and angles are tailored to work alongside ones they were invovled in. Bret/Austin may never have happened if it wasn't for Shawn being in the company/deciding not to work Wrestlemania 13...etc. It can go for everything. There's a total butterfly effect.
Shawn and HHH were in very good with Vince and had tremendous stroke.
Hall and Nash were the same with Bischoff.

Which is totally understable. But if you take them out, Bret Hart would of been the one to have Vince's ear, and Hogan & Savage in Eric's. Knowing how old school Vince & Bret were, and how afraid of "adult" programming they were, I believe WCW might of being the ones buying them out in the long run. Because Eric always had that out look on wrestling, the reality factor.

HELL! Maybe Heyman and ECW would of been even more successful then they were.