PDA

View Full Version : Booking WrestleMania XXVI & Beyond

Mr. C
04-01-2010, 03:23 AM
Here are a few changes I would’ve made to WrestleMania:

- I would’ve replaced Michael Cole on commentary with Jim Ross.

- I would’ve replaced John Morrison & R-Truth in the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship Match with Cryme Tyme. The Big Show & The Miz retain still.

- I would’ve replaced Dolph Ziggler in the Money In The Bank Ladder Match with Morrison and taken both Drew McIntyre and Kofi Kingston out altogether, making it 8 instead of 10 guys. Jack Swagger still wins.

Here’s what I would’ve done on RAW the following Monday night:

- King & JR welcome us to the show and talk about WrestleMania and Shawn Michaels saying goodbye tonight. Instead of Batista coming out to kick off the show, John Cena comes out and basically cuts the same promo about making Batista tap out and the rematch. Cena challenges Batista for tonight, but he never shows up. Instead, Swagger attacks Cena from behind with the briefcase. Swagger takes a mic and declares he’s cashing in his contract now. Swagger slides back into the ring as a referee comes down. The bell rings, and Swagger wins with a Gutwrench Powerbomb. The bell rings, and Justin Roberts announces Swagger as new WWE Champion to end the opening segment.

- Later on, Swagger is interviewed backstage by Josh Matthews and says how ironic it is that he wins the title on the same night that Michaels retires. Swagger states tonight truly is a historic night as the torch has officially been passed to him.

Here’s what I would’ve done on SmackDown the following Friday night:

- The show starts the exact same way, but as Edge is making his way back up the ramp, Batista attacks him from behind and goes into the ring, where Jericho lays. Batista gives Jericho the Batista Bomb and raises the World Heavyweight Championship up in the air to end the opening segment.

- Morrison & Truth beat Cryme Tyme. After the match, Shad turns on JTG.

Here’s how each change would play out heading into Backlash (no longer Extreme Rules):

- With JR replacing Cole at WrestleMania and on RAW, we get King & JR back on RAW together and Cole on NXT only. The announce team for every pay-per-view would be King, JR, and Matt Striker.

- The reason for replacing Morrison & Truth with Cryme Tyme is for a.) allowing Morrison to compete in MITB and b.) giving Shad more reason to turn on JTG on SmackDown. They lose their chance to win the titles when JTG takes the pin, so when JTG takes the pin again on SmackDown, Shad decides enough is enough and attacks his partner. He could later explain how they were given opportunity after opportunity to win the titles and, finally, he realized that would never happen with a partner like JTG taking the fall every single time.

- The reason for replacing Ziggler with Morrison is to keep Morrison on the card, while removing McIntyre and Kingston to cut the number of guys in MITB back down to 8. McIntye is the Intercontinental Champion and would be better kept out of the match since he doesn’t win anyway, as it makes him look stronger. Kingston, on the other hand, was the last man to qualify, and with 8 guys already in, there’s no need to further add anybody else. Kingston would’ve been better off in the Battle Royal that took place before the show and made a better winner than Yoshi Tatsu. Kingston would also come off looking stronger by winning the Battle Royal as opposed to crowding a match he isn’t going to win.

- With Randy Orton recently turning face and Michaels now retired, a new star and top heel on RAW will be needed. Enter Swagger. What better way to make RAW even more historic with Michaels retiring than to establish a new main eventer on the same night? Swagger beats Cena for the title in the opening segment in a way that can only be put over by King & JR and goes on to feud with Cena. Swagger defends the title against Cena in the main event at Backlash, where Swagger retains the title to further prove his credibility and put him over.

- On SmackDown, Batista makes his first appearance since WrestleMania by adding himself to the feud between Jericho and Edge over the title, setting up a Triple Threat Match as the co-main event at Backlash...

WWE Championship Match
Jack Swagger © vs. John Cena

Triple Threat World Heavyweight Championship Match
Batista vs. Chris Jericho © vs. Edge

Sheamus vs. Triple-H

I Quit Match
If Punk loses, he must shave his head.
If Mysterio loses, he joins the Straight Edge Society.
CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio

Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase

Unified WWE Tag Team Championship Match
The Big Show & The Miz © vs. The Hart Dynasty

That card would be a lot of fun. No room for The Undertaker, which is fine. No feud for him right now, so let him rest. Any feedback is welcome.

SammyG
04-01-2010, 03:26 AM
cool story bro and thx for yr. take

The Franchise
04-01-2010, 03:26 AM
lol

Juan
04-01-2010, 03:27 AM
SammyG emulating his hero, FakeRazor.

Skippord
04-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Alright

Favre4Ever
04-01-2010, 04:26 AM
SammyG= Nutsinyr.mouth

Blue Demon
04-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Didn't really want to make a whole new thread about this, so I bumped this one. This is the comment Bret made about his match at Mania"

"As for WrestleMania, I can't begin to describe the flood of excitement that pulsated through me at seeing the sight of that massive stadium filled with fans. Although I know it was far from my greatest performance, I can proudly say it was one of my most glorious victories I've ever had. Once upon a time in my wheelchair after suffering my stroke in 2002, thinking how impossible it was to even conceive of such a moment makes me as proud as ever of anything I ever did in a ring."

Schlomey
04-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Bret must not read the internets.