PDA

View Full Version : Word Association II

Providence Peep
04-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Below is a list of ten people, past and present, who either are or have been involved in "wrestling" or "Sports Entertainment" in some way. Write something about each person (a word, a couple of words, or a sentence or two). Then, if you want, you can agree or disagree with what other people write and then I'll post a new list. You've probably seen this sort of thing done in shoot interviews.

Owen Hart
Hulk Hogan
John Morrison
The Miz
Vince Russo
Scott Steiner
Josh Matthews
The Rock
"Cowboy" Bob Orton
Randy Orton

Blue Demon
04-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Owen Hart--Rocket

Hulk Hogan--legendary

John Morrison--Hollywood

The Miz--cool

Vince Russo--edgy

Scott Steiner--muscles

Josh Matthews--announcer?

The Rock--hollywood

"Cowboy" Bob Orton--legend

Randy Orton--killer

Providence Peep
04-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Scott Steiner--muscles

And yet despite his impressive look, he didn't know how to work a match.

Joesgonnakillyou
04-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Owen Hart - One of the Greatest Heels

Hulk Hogan - Outstaying his welcome for a long long time. The reason I hate Toronto

John Morrison - Not ready yet

The Miz - Next money in the Bank Winner

Vince Russo - Public Enemy No. 1

Scott Steiner - About to burst

Josh Matthews - Standard WWE annoucer 24601

The Rock - My Wrestling Renaissance

"Cowboy" Bob Orton - Arm cast.

Randy Orton - Restholds

Schlomey
04-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Owen Hart - Top ten of all time
Hulk Hogan - Fucking go away
John Morrison - Easy on the eyes
The Miz - Hardest working young dude
Vince Russo - the butt of the joke
Scott Steiner - Steroids and botches
Josh Matthews - nosebleeds
The Rock - I wish i loved him the way some of you faggots do
"Cowboy" Bob Orton - super sperm
Randy Orton -cigarettes and glares

Jay p fury
04-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Owen Hart - canada's 3rd best
Hulk Hogan - retire already
John Morrison - the future
The Miz - the present
Vince Russo - wwe mole
Scott Steiner - Steroids
Josh Matthews - not tough enough
The Rock - mic genius
"Cowboy" Bob Orton - randy's dad
Randy Orton - 100 headlocks per match

XCaliber
04-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Owen Hart - King of Harts
Hulk Hogan - Immortal
John Morrison - Retro
The Miz - Underrated
Vince Russo - Attitude Era
Scott Steiner - Junkie
Josh Matthews - Tough Enough
The Rock - People's Champ
"Cowboy" Bob Orton - Randy's Dad
Randy Orton - Legend Killer

HBPunk
04-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Owen Hart - Even as an 11 year mark kid in 96, i loved Owen Hart so much, great wrestler with a huge amount of charisma. From stories i've heard since his death, he sounds like an awesome guy.

Hulk Hogan - Fuck him, still wouldn't let a legend like Shawn Michaels go over him. Fucking loser

John Morrison - Huge potential, awful on the mic

The Miz - Future WWE Champion, could possibly win it this year considering the fact that Sheamus and Swagger have both done it in the last few months

Vince Russo - Unfairly criticised, great in WWE (TNA too at times) , moronic in WCW

Scott Steiner - Wrestling fan since late 1995, only memories i have of him are : Great WWE debut in MSG, falling off the apron during a match with Test. Done. He also has the most disgusting arms i've ever seen on a human being

Josh Matthews - ?? eh who fucking cares

The Rock - Terrific run from 1997 - 2003. . . . SELLOUT. He actually thinks playing a tooth fairy for a few million kids is better than having 15-20,000 people in the palm of his hand week in, week out on Raw with another 5.5 million tv viewers holding on his every word. Born into the business and made a huge star by Vince Mcmahon and still no loyalty. Fuck him forever until he returns full time

"Cowboy" Bob Orton - Im 25, never seen him wrestle, dont care either

Randy Orton - I've posted a thread on him before, so again, IF Orton is allowed play the tweener, beating up heels and faces alike, he could very easily be the next Stone Cold. The crowd reaction to him since Royal Rumble has been amazing. Orton had been getting a few cheers leading to the Rumble match but i think the reaction he got there persuaded the WWE to push him as the Face over Ted/Cody. Last face turn was too soon and done really badly, this turn has been superb...so far

Schlomey
04-02-2010, 12:15 PM
I care about Josh Matthews nose bleeds.

Providence Peep
04-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Josh Matthews - Standard WWE annoucer 24601

:rofl:He's not bad, though. I'd rather listen to him than Michael Cole.

Providence Peep
04-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Schlomey is right. Morrison IS easy on the eyes. :)

Schlomey
04-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Nothing new there. I'm right about most things.

Providence Peep
04-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Fuck him forever until he returns full time

And then what? Will you be back on The Rock bandwagon?

Providence Peep
04-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I wonder how "Cowboy" Bob feels knowing his son is a bigger superstar than he ever was.

Schlomey
04-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I would assume he is filled with overwhelming pride.

I am a single father. I want better things in life for my son than what I have....So unless he is a selfish prick he will feel nothing but good things.

Providence Peep
04-02-2010, 02:06 PM
I would assume he is filled with overwhelming pride.

I am a single father. I want better things in life for my son than what I have....So unless he is a selfish prick he will feel nothing but good things.

Pride? Of course.
Envy? Jealousy? Disappointment in self? I wonder.

Schlomey
04-02-2010, 02:11 PM
He is a hall of Famer. I would HOPE as a father he feels nothing but good thoughts. Perhaps a slight bit of jelousy but that is hardly a bad thing...in fact it is totally normal to wish to achieve more than you ever did.

Hence why stage moms push their 4 year old daughters in to beauty contests.

Providence Peep
04-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Josh Matthews - ?? eh who fucking cares

Well I figured since we're here in a discussion forum he might be someone to discuss. Seems logical, right? I'd rather hear him than Michael Cole, and I'm wondering how other people feel about him. I especially like how he, unlike Cole, calls the matches and sells the product without stupid catchphrases.

Providence Peep
04-02-2010, 05:07 PM
The Rock - Terrific run from 1997 - 2003. . . . SELLOUT. He actually thinks playing a tooth fairy for a few million kids is better than having 15-20,000 people in the palm of his hand week in, week out on Raw with another 5.5 million tv viewers holding on his every word. Born into the business and made a huge star by Vince Mcmahon and still no loyalty. Fuck him forever until he returns full time

Do you guys and gals agree with this opinion? Why or why not?

Schlomey
04-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't agree with anything he said.

I usually defend HBPunk for being a nonce but in this case I just cannot.

The WWE created the Rock. However, HOLLYWOOD agreed to make him a movie star. By no means does him being a professional wrestler have anything to do with him becoming a hollywood actor. Look at Hogan, Piper, Kurgan, Andre, Stone Cold, John Cena......They have all wrestled and all been a part of movies. Are any of them considered hollywood mainstays and celebrity outside the wrestling world....Not so much.

The Rock is a decent actor with a great body and looks milllions would kill for. He had all the tools from the beginning it just happened that wrestling came first.

People need to stop fucking bitching about this.....

Providence Peep
04-02-2010, 09:03 PM
I usually defend HBPunk for being a nonce but in this case I just cannot.

Do you realize that in the UK the word "nonce" is slang for paedophile?

The WWE created the Rock. However, HOLLYWOOD agreed to make him a movie star.

Playing devil's advocate for a second, let me ask: Did The Rock sell out by leaving the WWE for Hollywood? I would be very interested in seeing what answers are given in response to that question.

The Rock is a decent actor with a great body and looks milllions would kill for.

Agreed. However...

He had all the tools from the beginning it just happened that wrestling came first.

Again, playing devil's advocate: Based on what you wrote, did the Rock use the WWE as a steppingstone? Was becoming a Hollywood movie star more important to him than the WWE Universe? Because, if wasn't, then why else would he leave Sports Entertainment to become a Hollywood actor?

Providence Peep
04-03-2010, 06:55 AM
:wave:

Rammsteinmad
04-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Owen Hart - Missed.

Hulk Hogan - I wish he'd fuck off.

John Morrison - Future World Champion.

The Miz - Awesome.

Vince Russo - Not Awesome.

Scott Steiner - Crazy.

Josh Matthews - Has different hair everytime I see him.

The Rock - Electrifying (Most of his movies suck though).

"Cowboy" Bob Orton - Meh.

Randy Orton - One of WWE's most valued players right now.