PDA

View Full Version : X Box live problem

Danny Electric
04-09-2010, 10:08 PM
So with the latest update , I recieve a connectivity error message when I go to upload it telling me to check my connection.
However when I go to check my connection, it tells me that I'm connected fine to X Box Live.

G
04-09-2010, 10:11 PM
try updating with a usb drive

Copy the Update to a USB Flash Drive
If you don't have an Xbox LIVE account or have a slow Internet connection, using a USB flash drive is a good option.
Note: The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system.
Update using a USB flash drive:

Connect your USB flash drive to a USB port on your computer.
Click here (http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/D/8/1D8C09BE-278E-41CD-98BE-EB9188128227/$SystemUpdate.zip) to begin downloading the update folder. Save it as "$SystemUpdate.zip" anywhere on your computer.
Unzip the File.
Copy the contents from the unzipped folder onto the root of your flash drive.
Safely remove the flash drive from your computer and plug it into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console. If your console is on, turn it off, then back on. The update program will start automatically.
Select Yes, update now. When you see the new dashboard, you're done.

Danny Electric
04-09-2010, 10:13 PM
I shall try that tomorrow I think, if my girlfriend lets me borrow her USB stick.
However I'm rather worried that this will happen again in the future, as it's the first time that the error has come up.

Kane Knight
04-10-2010, 02:58 AM
Haha. Your girl has a "stick."

El Fangel
04-10-2010, 03:03 AM
I had a similar problem after an update awhile ago. unplug your ethernet or wireless connection to your xbox, turn off your modem and router (if you have one) turn modem on, wait 2 mins, router, wait 2 mins, connect ethernet/wireless to port on xbox and give er. Worked fine for me.

Danny Electric
04-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Haha. Your girl has a "stick."

The way I like it :)

Kane Knight
04-10-2010, 01:55 PM
I had a similar problem after an update awhile ago. unplug your ethernet or wireless connection to your xbox, turn off your modem and router (if you have one) turn modem on, wait 2 mins, router, wait 2 mins, connect ethernet/wireless to port on xbox and give er. Worked fine for me.Seems unlikely his problem will be solved by cycling. Generally, he'd be having other connectivity probs.

The way I like it :)

Y hallo thar

You can also burn the update to a CD R if you have issues getting a thumb drive. Instructions are available on Microsoft's site, but I think it's more or less the same gist as what was posted above.

Danny Electric
04-10-2010, 07:53 PM
The CD R may be easier for me to do, I thought their would be no use phoning them up as they would probably tell me to put it on a disk.

Ogen
04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
When this happened to me it ended up that my router had changed to a more secure setting or something. Try switching off all the securit on your router and see if that works

Danny Electric
04-10-2010, 08:35 PM
When this happened to me it ended up that my router had changed to a more secure setting or something. Try switching off all the securit on your router and see if that works

How did you do that?:$

Ogen
04-10-2010, 08:58 PM
not sure really someone else will know what to do, had to put some ip address into my internet and it brought me to some page and just switched off the security then it worked then i put the security back on and it kept working.

Er as you may tell I've not a clue of the details of this endevour but someone like Hasney will save the day no doubt. Try and type your router name into google with ip address or something

Danny Electric
04-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Well hopefully someone will do that. Thanks fella.

Kane Knight
04-10-2010, 10:46 PM
You need to type your router's IP address into a browser and look through the options.

What is the brand and model? Settings will vary based on that. The address sometimes varies too, though most of the oens I've used have been 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

You may need an ID and password, the defaults of which also vary. I'm assuming you haven't set them, since you're not particularly computer savvy (no offense).

Danny Electric
04-12-2010, 09:14 PM
The Xbox runs off my modem though, not my router so this wouldn't help would it?

Ogen
04-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Is it cabled to it or wireless?

Danny Electric
04-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Cabled.

Ogen
04-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Ah in that case I've no idea at all, should just be working really. Try restoring to factory settings or something, think theres an option for that somewhere.

Kane Knight
04-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Errors still happen with services occasionally. Taking the manual route may fix this for future updates.

Computers are dumb. The 360 is just a PC with limited functionality. All sorts of factors can end up leading to an issue like this.

Barring the manual update, try Fangel's cycling option first, sans router. While I think it's less likely to correct the problem, if you return to factory settings first and that doesn't solve it, you'll lose some functionality. Uplugging and then re-plugging your router takes 2 minutes, so there's little harm in it. Unless you have one of those doomsday computers, where you have to keep entering a certain numerical sequence if you don't want the world to end.

Danny Electric
04-26-2010, 08:23 PM
So yeah I tried downloading the update on to a CD and a USB stick and both of them did nothing when put on to my XBox.
:(

Danny Electric
04-26-2010, 08:58 PM
All fixed thanks to KK.

Kane Knight
04-27-2010, 12:50 AM
Sucks about your HDD being fucked.

But at least it's not your XBox.