PDA

View Full Version : Movie Tagline Game

thedamndest
04-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Here's how this will work. I'm going to make up a bunch of movie taglines. You will supply a movie synopsis and title for sum or all of my taglines. Whichever poster I deem to be the overall winner, either by having a bunch of mediocre taglines, one really good one, or maybe a combination, I don't know, will receive ONE movies/tv forum post edit of his or her choice. Want PorkSoda to say he hated Pluto Nash? Want Juan to say he eats poop? Want Kalyx to say he isn't looking forward to the new Iron Man? This is the game for you. Keep it mind they don't all have to be funny. I like romance movies too.

1) It was the wrong day. It was the wrong city. It was the wrong car.

2) He really would give you the shirt off his back.

3) The knew the rules. They knew the penalty.

4) Has jury duty ever been this hairy?

5) In the city that never sleeps, one man has been asleep for the last decade. He's about to wake up.

6) You miss one deadline and you're late. You miss two deadlines and you're dead.

7) When she said, "I do," she had no idea who was watching...

8) This city's foundation is about to rock.

9) Opening this summer.

10) A doctor. A lawyer. A surgery. A lawsuit.

PapaGeorgio
04-10-2010, 08:16 PM
1) It was the wrong day. It was the wrong city. It was the wrong car. - The Old West of the Olden Day. This is a movie all about cowboys and time machines. A little kid is in his Cozy Cope one day, and is peddling his little feet faster than ever then VOOM VOOM VAAAAAAM he goes back in time to Cowboy times RIGHT as the Sheriff was killed. The town is scared of him so they immediately offer him position of Sheriff. Which is when a kid in a Hummer electric car thing comes back in time to, and he is the villian. The kids battle back and forth until they call for a shoot out in Springfield. But they both go to different Springfields!!! Then they say ok haha we messed up, lets just do it the last day in February. BUT IT WAS A LEAP YEAR and one kid didn't know it. THe hilarity ensues from there!!!!!!

2) He really would give you the shirt off his back. "Hot Lova" It deals with a volcano and is a romantic comedy hens the hilarious pun in LOVA. This guy is all over this one dude, yeah its a gay romantic comedy. And like omg lava is coming everywhere, quick give me your shirt. And he does. Then a few years later the guy brings that shirt and uses it as an engagement ring, but the LAVA LORDS have banned gay marriage in Lavacity, so tehy don't live happily ever after...or do they. Mad cliffhanger at the end we find out a LAVA LORD is actually gay too, sets up for sequal.

3) They knew the rules. They knew the penalty. "Toddler Hockey" This is another vehicle for the little 2 kids from the first movie to star in. Think of them as like the old guys from Grumpy Old Men, but as little kids. They hockey it up and shit, dunno pretty basic movie cause the kids are hilarious. They are like the Will Ferrell and shit of their genteration

4) Has jury duty ever been this hairy? "Harry and the Hendersons go to Court!" Its found out the dad from the Hendersons raped someone. So they get Harry to be a jury member to get him off on a hung jury (Homage to that John Cusak jury movie that's how Harry gets on the jury panel). The hilarity ensues as all the evidence stacks up against the Dad Henderson, but Harry finds him NOT guilty, and eventually he 12 angry mens the jury to get everyone to find him NOT GUILTY, which is better than the teased hung jury.

5) In the city that never sleeps, one man has been asleep for the last decade. He's about to wake up. "Who Woke Rufus Up?" This movie stars one of the little kids too, he just turned 13, and he's been in a coma for 10 years. He wants REVENGE. Its a Sci Fi flick and during the coma they experimented on him and fed him all this information so he is SUPER smart, i'm talking like a 10th grade reading level smart!!!!! This is an action adventure film for him, as he's tired of getting typcasted as a comedy role only.

6) You miss one deadline and you're late. You miss two deadlines and you're dead. "Rufus, What Did You Do??????" This is a sequel to film 5. But the kid didn't want to sign on for it again, so they casted the other little kid from the previous movies. Since he is so smart he is like 14 know but has a job in an office. IT's a comedy action film now too. He forgets to file some reports and now some people want him DEAD. So he hilarious escapes them and outwits them using things a 14 year old would like twitter and WoW.

7) When she said, "I do," she had no idea who was watching..."WILLIS"
This is like the movie Teeth but the opposite. Instead of a man eating vagina, its now a snake like dick. The guy is a virgin and that and all religious, so on their honeymoon the girl is like umm wtf is up with your snake dick. And then the snake is like stfu woman, and its like a comedy horror film with the snake dick being hilairous. Voiced by the gay LAVA LORD guy.

8) This city's foundation is about to rock. "CONSTRUCTION BAND" This is an animation film, filled with a bunch of construction trucks and shit like that. Except when the people leave for the day (treating them like slaves is the deep part of this film), but when they leave the Trucks rock out in a band. But then some little kid (voiced by kid 1) finds them rocking out and is like you guys ROCK!!!!!!!!! So they record records but nobody knows they are really trucks, but eventually the world finds out and accepts them for who they are.

9) Opening this summer. "HOT LOVA 2: DID SOMEONE TURN ON THE HEAT?" That's right, they are back!!!!! The much anticipated sequal to Hot Lova, tune in to find out!!!!!

10) A doctor. A lawyer. A surgery. A lawsuit. "Rufus Meets The Hendersons Who Introduce Him To Harry" Rufus is like 20 now and a Doctor. Dad Henderson is going to get his dick cut off for the rapings. THey meet up, but uh oh what goes wrong, he accidently attaches the dick to the Dad's forehead. Harry liked court so much he became a lawyer. They all go to court. A lot of the Jury Members come back too. Also the Judge is the other little kid who originally was Rufus in the first film. This is the first time in like 5 years those kids are on screen together!!!

thedamndest
04-11-2010, 12:27 PM
So far PapaGeorgio takes a commanding lead by hitting my soft spot for rape and Harry and the Hendersons.

Kalyx triaD
04-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Not interested in editing someone's post, just feel like writing stuff.

Jack McCarron was offered a job he couldn't refuse, and all he had to do was deliver a mysterious business man's car. After meeting his beautiful contact, Abigail, something goes wrong. Now the city is under attack by a strange force. Within the car lies the answers Jack and Abigail must uncover to save the city... and themselves.

Billy Man struck it rich winning the lottery. But after a life of lavish luxury, he learns that true happiness comes in giving. Billy's going to learn that the man who gives doesn't always make friends in high places!

5) In the city that never sleeps, one man has been asleep for the last decade. He's about to wake up.

After drinking a strange fluid and falling, Dan Sanders dreams for a decade. Finally awake, and not able to believe which ten years of memory were dream or not, Dan must reconnect with a world that forgot him.

It was supposed to be a happy event, but Amanda's engagement attracted the attention of an ex lover who isn't willing to watch her marry another man. Now terrorized by a stalker who knows everything about her, Amanda must fight back or lose everything she holds dear.

Swiss Ultimate
04-11-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm going to be a jerk and do something different.

Excess Baggage

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

3) They knew the rules. They knew the penalty.
Sleepers

Jury Duty

Awakenings

6) You miss one deadline and you're late. You miss two deadlines and you're dead.
Die Hard 3

Lakeview Terrace

Back to the Future

9) Opening this summer.
Teeth

Sicko

thedamndest
04-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Liked Kalyx's. DttS, I like your approach, though I may have to disqualify you since you didn't write those movies.

Kalyx triaD
04-11-2010, 08:51 PM
I can riff all day.

PapaGeorgio
04-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I built stars with my movies too though, not just classic movies but amazing stars who could star in any of these movies really cause they are that good. Specially the little kid who was originally Rufus.

thedamndest
04-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I like that approach. We may have the next River Phoenix with PapaGeorgio.

parkmania
04-11-2010, 11:09 PM

"Death Cab for Cutie" - In 2086, Cutie's boss transfered her to the big city. Her first day in the new office results in one mishap after another. She finally makes it to quitting time and hails an autocab to take her home. But when the navigation system malfunctions, the vehicle takes her for a ride she'll NEVER forget.

"Brewster's Billions" - Richard Pryor is back as Monty Brewster, but this time he has to give away $3,000,000,000 before a ridiculously wealthy and equally eccentric tycoon will give his company a lucrative contract.

3) They knew the rules. They knew the penalty.

"The Outsiders" - An update of the 1983 classic, this time starring Shia LaBeouf and up-and-comer Diego Luna.

"Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer" - Robin Williams takes over the character created by Phil Hartman on Saturday Night Live.

"Culture Shock" - Steve Carell is at his naive best when his character reunites with an old college buddy played by Brendan Fraser in a tear-jerking story about trying to make up for lost time while still living life to its fullest.

"Crank It Louder" - Jason Statham is back again as Chev Chelios. This time his enemies have also taken his wife hostage.

"Vive La Revolucion" - A retelling of Victor Hugo's Les Miserables set in modern day Paris where the on-the-rise band "La Revolucion" is setting the community on its ear with anti-governmental rock.

9) Opening this summer.

"Devilsbane" - The final installment in the DaVinci Code trilogy sees Dr. Robert Langdon have to find and repair the seals on a portal to the underworld before the gates of hell are truly loosed upon Earth.

"Victor Victoria" - Lawyer Victora Mensch is the go-to lawyer of Hollywood until a fiery car accident and a mixup of medical charts causes Victoria to have to adjust to a new life as Victor.

thedamndest
04-14-2010, 07:03 PM
I declare PapaGeorgio the winner.

Jeritron
04-14-2010, 07:14 PM
I didn't play this game because I am lazy, and because the prize means nothing to me.

Mostly because I'm lazy and put it off, and forgot to get around to it

PapaGeorgio
04-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Wah Wah Wah, next time Congratulate me for winning you RUFUS.

Jeritron
04-14-2010, 07:23 PM
You should use your prize to edit my post into a congratulations.

CONGRATULATIONS THOUGH, and damn fine work

thedamndest
04-14-2010, 07:39 PM
How about you stop hating on my game, Jeritr0n?

Jeritron
04-14-2010, 07:46 PM
You need to provide a better prize for me. Would you expect Bill Gates to participate on Fear Factor just for shits and giggles?

thedamndest
04-14-2010, 07:51 PM
If Steve Jobs was playing, absolutely. PapaGeorgio is Steve Jobs.

Jeritron
04-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Well then he should hire Ridley Scott to direct his next thread. I don't believe in such shenanigans

PapaGeorgio
04-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Is there an time limit for when I can use my "edit."

thedamndest
04-14-2010, 08:22 PM
No there is not. You may use this thread to call attention to the edit in a boastful manner or you can PM me and I will do it in secret. The reason for editing will be something along the lines of "The PapaGeorgio Movie Tagline Game Edit."