PDA

View Full Version : New Japan Pro Wrestling Appreciation Thread

DLVH84
04-12-2010, 07:37 PM
This an appreciation thread to one of my favorite wrestling promotions in the world...New Japan Pro Wrestling!!!

Sit back, relax, and discuss everything New Japan, past and present.

1st Generation: Inoki, Fujinami, Choshu
2nd Generation: Mutoh, Chono, Hashimoto
3rd Generation: Tanahashi, Nakamura, Goto, Makabe

Indifferent Clox
04-12-2010, 08:17 PM
wooh

redoneja
04-12-2010, 08:35 PM
So what's happening nowadays in NJPW? Last I heard Makabe had won the G-1 Climax.

Testicle
04-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah, Nakamura is champ and he will be defending the IWGP championshp against Makabe in a month or so.

They had a fued in the summer of last year, ending with Nakamura defeating Makabe to win the vacant IWGP championship after Tanahashi had dropped the title due to injury.

Testicle
04-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Pretty much NJPW is dominating Japanesse wrestling right now. NOAH is fucked up with the physical decline of their vetrean heavyweights (and terrible booking) and AJPW has acknowledged that they can not compete and has taken a lighter touring schedule.

kareru
04-12-2010, 08:39 PM
the crowd is the best in japan

redoneja
04-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Wow just wikipedia'ed New Japan and All Japan to catch up on things. Cannot believe Ryoto Hama is the AJPW Triple Crown. Might as well give the title to Akebono.

Edit: For those not familiar with puro, this is like the Great Khali winning the WWE Championship.

Testicle
04-12-2010, 08:40 PM
wooh

^ Great contribution.

DLVH84
04-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Wow just wikipedia'ed New Japan and All Japan to catch up on things. Cannot believe Ryoto Hama is the AJPW Triple Crown. Might as well give the title to Akebono.

Unlike Akebono, Hama wanted to learn more about puroresu.

redoneja
04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Dunno, I feel like puro has really gone downhill in the last few years. Obviously the last decade can't compare to the 90's but the last five years have been kinda brutal. The last show I remember being excited about was NOAH's 2005 Tokyo Dome show.

Testicle
04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
NJPW “WRESTLING DONTAKU 2010″, 5/3/10 (WPW/PPV)
Fukuoka International Center
1. Tiger Mask, AKIRA & Tomoaki Honma vs. Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii & Gedo
2. Manabu Nakanishi vs. King Fale
3. CMLL World Welterweight Title: Negro Casas (c) vs. Jushin Thunder Liger
4. IWGP Tag Team Title - 3WAY Match: Yujiro Takahashi & Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Yuji Nagata & Wataru Inoue vs. Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson
5. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs. Masato Tanaka
6. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Naomichi Marufuji (c) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
7. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Toru Yano
8. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Togi Makabe

Fignuts
04-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Pretty sure All Japan is fucked when Muto retires.

Which is probably going to be very soon. Might not even come back from his latest knee surgery.

New Japan is the only company with a truly great heavyweight division. Besides that, it's all about the junior divisions for me.

DLVH84
04-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Pretty sure All Japan is fucked when Muto retires.

Which is probably going to be very soon. Might not even come back from his latest knee surgery.

New Japan is the only company with a truly great heavyweight division. Besides that, it's all about the junior divisions for me.

I agree.

Fignuts
04-12-2010, 08:48 PM
And earlier generations of New Japan were great, but they can't hold a candle to 90's All Japan.

DLVH84
04-12-2010, 08:49 PM
And earlier generations of New Japan were great, but they can't hold a candle to 90's All Japan.

Taue, Kobashi, Kawada, Misawa, and Akiyama. The Famous Five.