PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Smackdown

Providence Peep
04-16-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm going to Smackdown on Tuesday night (at the Mohegan Sun in CT) but haven't watched the show in months. Unfortunately, I live in a house that has Direct TV, not Cable TV, and since Direct TV doesn't carry Smackdown it hasn't been possible for me to watch it.

Sooooooooooooooo... I'm wondering if you fine folks would fill me in on a few things.

1. Is Drew McIntyre still as boring now as he was he first debuted?
2. Who the hell are Caylen Croft and Trent Baretta? Are they heels or faces?
3. Is Vickie Guerrero still GM?
4. How's the angle with JTG and Shad? Any good?
5. Anything else I should know about Smackdown?

Xero
04-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Why don't you read results?

Providence Peep
04-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Why don't you read results?

I don't know how to read :shifty:

Brigstocke
04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Or watch it on. Theres a channel put up by 'MrTycoonCashflow' which has all your up to date wrestling needs.

Xero
04-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Or watch it on Hulu.

DAMN iNATOR
04-16-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm going to Smackdown on Tuesday night (at the Mohegan Sun in CT) but haven't watched the show in months. Unfortunately, I live in a house that has Direct TV, not Cable TV, and since Direct TV doesn't carry Smackdown it hasn't been possible for me to watch it.

Sooooooooooooooo... I'm wondering if you fine folks would fill me in on a few things.

1. Is Drew McIntyre still as boring now as he was he first debuted?
2. Who the hell are Caylen Croft and Trent Baretta? Are they heels or faces?
3. Is Vickie Guerrero still GM?
4. How's the angle with JTG and Shad? Any good?
5. Anything else I should know about Smackdown?

1. No, he's actually pretty decent and cuts solid promos, and has a sweet new theme you may or may not have heard. Just in case, though:
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/phaKBnq9Weo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/phaKBnq9Weo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

2. They're some lame tag team who came over from ECW, and call themselves the "Dudebusters". UGH. They're heels, though.

3. Vickie Guerrero serves as "Official Consultant" to SD! GM Theodore Long, and is part of a diva stable with Michelle McCool and Layla called "Simply Flawless" or, alternatively, "Team Lay-Cool".

4. They only just started the new angle where JTG and Shad are having beef with one another, but it could be great if it's booked right.

5. Not really, just enjoy the show.:y::)

Providence Peep
04-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Does RKO ever show up on Smackdown?

Poit
04-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Or watch it on Hulu.

DAMN iNATOR
04-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Does RKO ever show up on Smackdown?

No reason for him to unless he's drafted a week from Monday.

Poit
04-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Well, Orton is the number one contender for Smackdown's world title. It would be reasonable for him to show up.

The Franchise
04-16-2010, 07:31 PM
and Batista (smackdown superstar) is the #1 contender for RAW's world title. Go figure.

DAMN iNATOR
04-16-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't think he's supposed to show up tonight though, so the only possibility of that happening pre-Draft would be next Friday. I'd still disagree with that happening though.

Orton should only turn up on SD! if he wins the World Heavyweight Championship from Swagger at Extreme Rules, or as I said before, if he fails to do so (not too likely, IMHO), if he's drafted the night after ER.

Providence Peep
04-16-2010, 07:34 PM
and Batista (smackdown superstar) is the #1 contender for RAW's world title. Go figure.

Leave it to the WWE creative genuises, right?

Providence Peep
04-16-2010, 07:35 PM
I don't think he's supposed to show up tonight though, so the only possibility of that happening pre-Draft would be next Friday. I'd still disagree with that happening though.

Orton should only turn up on SD! if he wins the World Heavyweight Championship from Swagger at Extreme Rules, or as I said before, if he fails to do so (not too likely, IMHO), if he's drafted the night after ER.

So, there *is* a possibility that RKO will show up at Smackdown on Tuesday night? That'd be great. When is the ppv?

Juan
04-16-2010, 07:37 PM
I have DirecTV and I get Smackdown :?:

Providence Peep
04-16-2010, 07:40 PM

You do????!?!?! What channel is Smackdown on?!?!?!

Triple Naitch
04-16-2010, 08:05 PM

Watching it right now as a matter of fact. But DirecTV doesn't have my local sports channel so I can't watch the Phillies. :-\

Providence Peep
04-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Watching it right now as a matter of fact. But DirecTV doesn't have my local sports channel so I can't watch the Phillies. :-\

Direct TV doesn't carry My Network TV here in Rhode Island. :(

screech
04-16-2010, 09:24 PM

Not DirecTV here, but I still can't watch the Phillies at school :-\

6-String King
04-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Why don't you just use a time machine and go back and watch every smackdown you've missed to date

Providence Peep
04-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Why don't you just use a time machine and go back and watch every smackdown you've missed to date

Heh. If I could use a time machine and go back in time, it wouldn't be to watch Smackdown, believe me.

Jimmy Cones
04-17-2010, 12:48 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V_2Fvwd7ARk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V_2Fvwd7ARk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

This one's been on youtube since at least noon on Friday. You might be able to find the rest too.

Tazz Dan
04-17-2010, 05:29 AM
A Tazz Dan moderation would have had this moved to the 'Wrestling Questions and Answers' forum.

Jeritron
04-17-2010, 11:18 AM
I was gonna go to this Smackdown, but I'm unable to on that day

thedamndest
04-17-2010, 11:54 AM
You should use the internet to watch television shows you can't see normally like Smackdown or Oz.

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2010, 12:19 PM
SmackDown! is a far better show top-to-bottom than RAW. You'll have a good time. I'd also research NXT a bit. Get familiar with some of the rookies there. Most of them are actually pretty good. But to answer your questions:

1. If you thought he was boring when he showed up, you may find him boring now. He usually has pretty good matches (even if they're not the best of the night), and his entrance theme is pretty epic. He's the Intercontinental Champion and has been in the habbit of cutting short promos to get heat before his matches. He currently seems to be feuding with Matt Hardy and Kane.

2. Caylen Croft & Trent Barreta are a tag team that go by the name "The Dudebusters." They haven't really caught on yet, and haven't won a match since joining SmackDown! -- but they are solid in the ring, and Barreta has got a very bright future ahead of him if he has the right attitude. He's only 23 years old and has apparently been wrestling for six years now. They play cocky youngsters who would rather play video games than watch the Shawn Michaels tribute, for example.

3. Vickie Guerrero is Theodore Long's "consultant." She pretty much makes the heel decisions that they don't want face Teddy to make, but she spends most of her on-air time in segments with Michelle McCool and Layla, who have befriended her to get an authority figure behind McCool so she doesn't have to defend the title and such. Beth Phoenix wants to destroy them (she's a face now).

4. So far, I've truthfully been underwhelmed by JTG and Shad's feud, but that may be because I was underwhelmed by Cryme Tyme. JTG has changed his look up a bit (he's got straight hair and new attire with a logo), but Matt Striker has been trying his hardest to make people care from commentary. So far it seems to be in the building stages.

5. John Morrison is usually awesome; Dolph Ziggler and his Sleeper Hold are getting a pretty big heel push; and Chris Jericho is amazing. Jack Swagger is also doing a good job as the World Heavyweight Champion there, and I have a feeling he'll be eating an RKO at some point on the program next week.

Providence Peep
04-17-2010, 04:32 PM
What show is taped on the same night as Smackdown: NXT or SuperStars?

Jeritron
04-17-2010, 04:40 PM
NXT. I think Superstars is taped during both

Providence Peep
04-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Does Bret Hart typically go to the ring with the Hart Dynasty on Smackdown?

Xero
04-17-2010, 09:49 PM
A Tazz Dan moderation would have had this moved to the 'Wrestling Questions and Answers' forum.

I support a Tazz Dan Moderation.

This post brought to you by Tazz Dan 4 Mod.

Providence Peep
04-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Let it be moved. I don't care. :y:

Xero
04-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Won't happen with such lackadaisical moderation around these parts.

Providence Peep
04-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Won't happen with such lackadaisical moderation around these parts.

Well then, whatever. But really, does Bret usually go to the ring with the Hart Dynasty?

Poit
04-17-2010, 10:09 PM

Clearly, a Tazz Dan moderation is exactly what we need.

St. Jimmy
04-17-2010, 10:39 PM
A Tazz Dan moderation? Did someone say a Tazz Dan moderation?

St. Jimmy
04-17-2010, 10:39 PM
TAZZ DAN MODERATION.

Xero
04-17-2010, 10:40 PM
EVERYBODY WANTS A TAZZ DAN MODERATION!

St. Jimmy
04-17-2010, 10:41 PM
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1//2009/09/damon-moustache/matt-damon-moustache-man-01.jpg
TAZZ DAN vs. JUAN

Xero
04-17-2010, 10:45 PM
:rofl:

Tazz Dan
04-17-2010, 11:41 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Poit
04-18-2010, 12:34 AM
:lol:

tjmidnight420
04-18-2010, 09:20 AM
I was just thinking about something. With Jericho's current gimmick, I think it would be bad ass if he somehow wound up as the SD! GM. A heel authority figure in regards to the rest of the show, but he uses his power to leverage himself into title situations. After the comment Teddy made about him not having any power, he could berate him continually until Teddy grants him a match against a superstar of his choosing for control of Smackdown. Jericho wins a brutal match, then Vince could tell him he reminds him of himself when he was younger, because he takes what he wants or something to that effect and make it ironclad.