PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Jamie Noble

big_bluto
04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
I've been a hugs fan of Jamie Noble for ages, and would love to see him move up to follow the Benoit/Guerrero path to potential greatness and main event/title matches.

IMO, he's the best of the cruiser-weights, and one of the few that is highly consistent, has a huge repertoir, and has decent mic skills too. I'm not knocking the CW division on SD, but I reckon Noble has something more to offer, so please, tell me what you think!

Goldbird
04-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Well, to be champ in WWE, u just have to satisfy 3 main criterias...

1. be at least 6 ft 5
2. have that champion look
3. suck up to vince's ass

Unfortunately, jamie noble isnt 6 ft 5, doesnt have a champion look... so what if he sucks up to vince?

big_bluto
04-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Well, to be champ in WWE, u just have to satisfy 3 main criterias...

1. be at least 6 ft 5
2. have that champion look
3. suck up to vince's ass

Unfortunately, jamie noble isnt 6 ft 5, doesnt have a champion look... so what if he sucks up to vince?

A few months back I'd have agreed with you on that, but with Eddie being 5 ft 9, and Benoit being a little tiny guy (with no neck) then who knows.
I think he does have the champion look, or could have with some careful pushes, and as for sucking vince's ass - isn't he the right height?

Rock Bottom
04-15-2004, 09:36 AM
I like Noble, and yeah he probably does have alot to offer us that we're not seeing. Which brings me to my point: We're not going to see it. I don't really think he'll ever be even the US Champ or anything. But if he does make it that far, you won't see me complaining.

blake639raw
04-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Jamie Noble is actually a pretty good mat techtician, and is highly underrated imo. However, I don't know if he has the "IT" factor that Benoit and Guerrero have. Guerrero, for his smooth flowing style, charisma, overness, and overall appeal. Benoit for his intensity, and awesome wrestling. Maybe one day Noble could be a champ, you can never say never. But I don't see it.

The Show Off
04-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Noble make me want to slit my wrists with a rusty spoon... And have you ever triedto slit your wrists with a rusty spoon? It's not pleasent.

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-15-2004, 04:44 PM
If theres anyone in the cruiserweight division whos gonna move out of the cruiserweight title picture into the US, or WWE championship contention, it'd be Rey Rey, but I seriously doubt it cuz of his size, maybe for the US though.
I don't see why they don't utilize Rey's popularity and move him into the US title, or tag team division for a while and free up oppurtunity for other cruiserweights besides him and Chavo.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-15-2004, 05:00 PM
I don't see Noble going far... As already said, if anyone is going to move up, it'd be Rey. I could have also seen Tajiri moving up eventually... I don't know if he will on Raw though.

mitch_h
04-15-2004, 07:00 PM
:love: I think he's one of the most talented guys on the roster. His match with Matt Stryker at the super eight tournament was :drool:. I personally think that he has what it takes to be a maineventer although the WWE probably won't do anything with him. He needs his tights back as well :mad:

Funky Fly
04-15-2004, 08:04 PM
The trouble with the WWE is that they don't put cruiserweights over by having them win non-cruiserweight titles.

In WCW, the cruiserweights were credible for 2 reasons:

1. They were allowed to really go at it. 20 minute+ matches and any move they wanted to do.

2. They were winning all of the titles except the World title. Rey's had all of their titles except the Hardcore and world titles.

3. WCW was based on variety. There were so many styles and different kinds of characters, and they were all put over (ie. Mysterio's giant killer gimmick and Guerrera's never say die gimmick).

WWE is all about the WWE style. In other words, high flyers wrestle like mat technicians wrestle like brawlers wrestle like powerhouses. It's all the same shit all the time.

Funky Fly
04-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Oh, and yeah, Noble's the man. He should definitely go up to US title contention in the near future.

MVP
04-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Noble's pretty impressive in the ring, I think he should be beyond the crusierweight division right now considering there's so much talent being wasted to Velocity. Nolbe ought to step up to the plate and compete with the likes of John Cena and Rene Dupree.

As long as he isn't made to look better than them right now during their pushes. :nono:

Mikey
04-15-2004, 11:11 PM
If Jamie Noble wants to go any further in the WWE he needs a new gimmick. The redneck gimmick is getting really old

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-15-2004, 11:16 PM
Well if hes not even getting pushed in the cruiserweight division right now, things don't look good for him moving out of it and onto other titles.

Funky Fly
04-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Well, he has started wearing normal clothes backstage and his old blue tights in the ring again.

diamondcutter
04-16-2004, 12:31 AM
The trouble with the WWE is that they don't put cruiserweights over by having them win non-cruiserweight titles.

In WCW, the cruiserweights were credible for 2 reasons:

1. They were allowed to really go at it. 20 minute+ matches and any move they wanted to do.

2. They were winning all of the titles except the World title. Rey's had all of their titles except the Hardcore and world titles.

3. WCW was based on variety. There were so many styles and different kinds of characters, and they were all put over (ie. Mysterio's giant killer gimmick and Guerrera's never say die gimmick).

WWE is all about the WWE style. In other words, high flyers wrestle like mat technicians wrestle like brawlers wrestle like powerhouses. It's all the same shit all the time.

That's why I never got excited when cruiserweights like Ultimo Dragon were being signed. Because they have to follow the company's style, you'll never really see what they can really do unless you watch old Nitro tapes.

BTW, on Rey's title reigns, I think he only held the cruiserweight and tag team titles.

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Based on popularity, character and in ring ability I think Rey Rey would make a good US champion, same goes for the IC belt.