PDA

View Full Version : Luther Reigns has stroke, blames Steroids

Xero
04-19-2010, 03:20 PM
From PWInsider:

The Arizona Republic is reporting that former WWE star Luther Reigns is currently recovering from a stroke he suffered in December 2009 and has cited drug use during his pro wrestling career as a contributing factor.

Reigns, real name Matt Wiese, age 36, discussed the level of steroids and pain pills he used during his career as a factor, noting, "We wrestled every night, damn near every night. We were beat to hell. So we needed pain pills to do our job."

The article noted that Wiese's drug use predated his wrestling career, which also featured a run in WCW as Horshu. His drug use continued after he left the company in May 2005.

Aegis Science's Joseph Maroon commented on the WWE's Wellness Policy, noting that the detection of banned substances in tests is down 90% from when they first instituted them in 2005 following the death of Eddie Guerrero.

Wiese left the company before the Wellness Policy was in place but would have rehabilitation services provided to him from the company if he requested them.

The article also features comments from former WWE star Armado Estrada, who lives in the area and owns Baby's Steak and Lemonade. Estrada painted his experiences in the wrestling business as different from Reigns' and commented, "I don't think it's a fair assessment to say, 'Wrestling causes this, or wrestling causes that.' It's a decision."

Wiese visited with WWE when Wrestlemania was in Glendale last month. He is currently undergoing rehabilitation from his stroke. In the article, his doctor noted that a stroke at the age of 36 is extremely rare and was likely brought on by drug use.

Hanso Amore
04-19-2010, 03:48 PM
The guy wrestled like 6 months in the WWE....ANd started before he even got there, so I love how they tout his WWE stint.

Droford
04-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Bret had a stroke in his early 40's.

Bicycle cover up?

BigDaddyCool
04-19-2010, 03:53 PM
tits or gtfo

Joesgonnakillyou
04-19-2010, 04:12 PM
He's successfully burnt that bridge.

such a shame :shifty:

The Jayman
04-19-2010, 04:19 PM
he shouldn't have ate that kfc double down sandwich

AKin3D
04-19-2010, 04:36 PM
He's successfully burnt that bridge.

such a shame :shifty:

:y:

Checking out Baby's Steak and Lemonade's Menu. Have to say I could go for a C.M. Punk right now.

Ermaximus
04-19-2010, 04:52 PM
:y:

Checking out Baby's Steak and Lemonade's Menu. Have to say I could go for a C.M. Punk right now.

:?::wave:

AKin3D
04-19-2010, 04:58 PM
:?::wave:

It's a grilled chicken sandwich. :wave:

http://www.babyssteakandlemonade.com/Menu.html

Theo Dious
04-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Bret had a stroke in his early 40's.

Bicycle cover up?

I would have loved to see the headline back in 02:

BRET HART HAS STROKE, BLAMES BICYCLES

Xero
04-19-2010, 05:11 PM
lol

My Final Heaven
04-20-2010, 09:31 AM
I will not rest until I know what a "Beef Pizza Puff" is. I've heard of Beef, and I've heard of Pizza, and I've even heard of Beef Pizza. But the combination of both in Puff form is too strong a siren's song to resist.

Xero
04-20-2010, 10:18 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/petite1.jpg

Apparently.

My Final Heaven
04-20-2010, 11:29 AM
So it's a calzone with donut glaze on it? Looks like the perfect thing to have with a Double Down :wtf: