PDA

View Full Version : Angle, Haas, and Benjamin... Please TNA

Next Big Thing
04-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Angles taking time off... Benjamin can't compete for 90 days... Haas is ummm waiting by the phone... Why not have Angle come back as a heel focused on regaining the strap and dominating TNA and have him introduce Haas and Benjamin as his help and let them run shit for a while. I'd tune in for that... at least until Hogan's music hits and he waddles down to the ring to get in on the action.

TheAdamEvansFan
04-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Isn't that what helped WCW? By putting together old WWF stables? That'd be pretty awesome. I think if WWE keeps releasing decent talent, TNA could go to 3 hours or make a 2nd show.

Rammsteinmad
04-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Fucking pissed about Benjamin getting released, but come on he was doing fuck all in WWE.

Being a huge mark for Charlie Haas as well, wow come on let's get these three back together and let 'em run wild over TNA. That'd be fucking sweet. :y:

CSL
04-23-2010, 11:18 AM
TNA rehashing something that has Haas (ahahahaha) been done before? Sounds about right.

Jordan
04-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Benjamin will sure bring in the ratings.:roll:

Londoner
04-23-2010, 11:47 AM

i'lld watch to see what they do with him.

Droford
04-23-2010, 11:47 AM
I bet they couldnt call it Team Angle though...

Probably Team Kurt? Is he gonna turn into a vampire now?

"Now you know why I wear a mouth guard during my matches!"

kareru
04-23-2010, 11:51 AM
shelton cool fact

His first reign as Intercontinental Champion is currently the longest of the 21st century, and his reign as United States Champion is tied with the reign of Steve Austin as the seventh longest ever.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-23-2010, 11:59 AM
I'd actually rather have Shelton wrestling Kurt instead of teaming with him.

Londoner
04-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Shelton/kurt would make good TNA tag champs though, lot of history/star power+wrestling ability to go with it.

Ruien
04-23-2010, 12:32 PM
HOW ABOUT WE DO NOT REHASH SHIT FROM WWE.

tjmidnight420
04-23-2010, 12:48 PM

While I usually agree, I'd make an exception for WGTT. What worries me though, is even if it happens, it's TNA we're talking about. That said, I'm all for Shelton and Haas just showing up and cleaning house one day on Impact. As long as they don't pull any old angles out, let em be. Great tag team.:y:

Xero
04-23-2010, 12:50 PM

WGTT wasn't shit.

They can rehash good stuff all they want if they make it work.

Mr. JL
04-23-2010, 01:05 PM
I want to see Shelton Benjamin wrestle a match outside of the WWE atmosphere to see what he really does have the ability to do.

kareru
04-23-2010, 01:16 PM
i'd love to see Shelton Benjamin vs AJ Styles

Next Big Thing
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM

No, I don't think Shelton or even Shelton and Charlie together will be channel changers for most, but if put with Angle and given a push as pissed off heels "too good" to not be champions I'm sure any segment involving them would be the highest rated for TNA.

TheAdamEvansFan
04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Angle can put over Shelton n Haas to TNA fans. It's going to happen. It's just a matter of when.

Jordan
04-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Kurt Angle hasn't been the highest rated segment in a long time, whats Shelton or Haas gonna change? Neither of them can cut a promo for shit, and TNA books wrestling horribly so whats the point?

Swiss Ultimate
04-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Grabbing guys from the WWE is a double-edged sword. For every guy they drop because they don't know how to use them there's one guy they drop for wellness issues.

Admittedly though, if they drop any more ex champions there will come a point where people will turn to TNA just to see their favorite wrestlers again.

Let's say they drop (or the wrestlers don't re-sign) Regal, Miz, CM Punk, Randy Orton and Chris Jericho, I'm not saying it's going to happen I'm just saying "what if". Wouldn't that be a good enough reason to watch TNA instead of the WWE? (Until you realize that TNA's product misuses them worse than the WWE did)

Londoner
04-23-2010, 01:55 PM
I don't think Haas would do much for ratings, but Angle/Shelton would help a tiny bit maybe.

TheAdamEvansFan
04-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Haas is like BENOIT.. He can bring his A game, you bring the charisma with Angle and Benjamin.

Lock Jaw
04-23-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm all for this if it is done well.

They rehashed the Christian/Tomko pairing and took it farther than WWE ever did. For awhile Tomko was one of the most over heels TNA had.

Londoner
04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Haas is like BENOIT.. He can bring his A game, you bring the charisma with Angle and Benjamin.

Haas is not at all like Benoit, Benoit was always far better.

Damian Rey
04-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Bringing in Sheton alone would help solidify an already stacked mid card, and I'd be afraid to see Shelton get lost in the shuffle, much like he did in the WWE.

I suppose Shelton could be given a more serious chance, similar to how Pope has been used since his debut. But Shelton lacks that millon dollar personality. The only think I can see them doing is giving him a "straight man" giimick where they keep his promos short and to the point, and just allow him to get over the same way he did in the first place, by wrestling.

Lots of guys for Shelton to have great matches with; Joe, Daniels, Styles, Pope, Wolfe, RVD, Williams, Homicide, etc.

The Show Off
04-23-2010, 02:34 PM
I want Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin to go to ROH at least for a weekend or so.

World's Greatest Tag Team v. Kings of Wrestling
World's Greatest Tag Team v. The Briscoes
World's Greatest Tag Team v. The American Worves.
World's Greatest Tag Team v. Austin Aries & Kenny King

That's be amazing.

Swiss Ultimate
04-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Haas is not at all like Benoit, Benoit was always far better.

Benoit had a lot more years wrestling by the time he got to the WWE than Haas did. I'd say that Charlie is about where Benoit was in ECW maybe even early WCW. Which means he should retire now before he kills his family.

Damian Rey
04-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Benoit had a lot more years wrestling by the time he got to the WWE than Haas did. I'd say that Charlie is about where Benoit was in ECW maybe even early WCW. Which means he should retire now before he kills his family.

This is very true. Also, outside of WWE, Haas hasn't much experience elsewhere. He has yet to buld any sort of reputation other than being known as a solid worker.

I don't think TNA is the right place for Haas at the moment. Japan is probably his best bet to further his career. No doubt that he has a chance not only thrive there, but come back to the states with a much different resume.

Londoner
04-23-2010, 03:34 PM
This is very true. Also, outside of WWE, Haas hasn't much experience elsewhere. He has yet to buld any sort of reputation other than being known as a solid worker.

That's the problem, basically.

Wishbone
04-23-2010, 03:52 PM
I'd actually be very happy with this I mean Haas and Benjamin are two of my favorite current wrestlers and to see them on the same show as the all powerful Mr.Anderson would definatly make me wanna tune in ever week

Londoner
04-23-2010, 03:58 PM
I just don't get this over biasedness towards Haas on this site. I mean, i understand he's good wrestler and all that but he's never done anything that's made him stand out, if you get what i mean. Never really felt like he was one of my favourites.

Damian Rey
04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
I just don't get this over biasedness towards Haas on this site. I mean, i understand he's good wrestler and all that but he's never done anything that's made him stand out, if you get what i mean. Never really felt like he was one of my favourites.

Agreed. I mean, I appreciate the talent that's obviously there. But he has done nothing of significance outside of his initail debut and run with Shelton.

At least guys like Shelton have shown several times how amazing they could be. Outside of being a great tag team wrestler and a some what comedic talent, Haas has never really shown anything.

Mr. Nerfect
04-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Charlie Haas entertains me. He seems like a really cool guy. I dunno, I just like him. Also, when he is wrestling, the dude pretty much does stuff perfectly. If you booked him like a monster (ability-wise), and he actually got treated like a big deal, then he would catch on in a Benoit role, I think. Benoit was actually treated like his wrestling ability made him a threat and a big deal. For the past few years, all Haas has been is a guy that loses matches.

I hope TNA does pick up both Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin, who I think would suit TNA perfectly. Hopefully Benjamin completely shaves his head and loses the "gold" theme, though. Give them a "serious wrestlers" gimmick, and it writes itself. You could debut them by having them destroy Matt Morgan in a Handicap Match, since he's doing that "one man team" thing. Although that means you have to keep that going for another 90 days. Ew. Eventually I'd like to see them as a team, though. And eventually they can confront Kurt Angle, and be all "Hey Kurt, remember us?" and Kurt is all "gulp." Give Angle another great wrestler as a tag team partner, and there's a nice feud for ya.

BillyBonez
04-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Charlie Haas entertains me. He seems like a really cool guy. I dunno, I just like him. Also, when he is wrestling, the dude pretty much does stuff perfectly. If you booked him like a monster (ability-wise), and he actually got treated like a big deal, then he would catch on in a Benoit role, I think. Benoit was actually treated like his wrestling ability made him a threat and a big deal. For the past few years, all Haas has been is a guy that loses matches.

I hope TNA does pick up both Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin, who I think would suit TNA perfectly. Hopefully Benjamin completely shaves his head and loses the "gold" theme, though. Give them a "serious wrestlers" gimmick, and it writes itself. You could debut them by having them destroy Matt Morgan in a Handicap Match, since he's doing that "one man team" thing. Although that means you have to keep that going for another 90 days. Ew. Eventually I'd like to see them as a team, though. And eventually they can confront Kurt Angle, and be all "Hey Kurt, remember us?" and Kurt is all "gulp." Give Angle another great wrestler as a tag team partner, and there's a nice feud for ya.

How about Desmond Wolfe and Kurt Angle Vs Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas? I think that could be awesome.

Mr. Nerfect
04-24-2010, 02:48 AM
That is the best idea you've ever had, Mr. Bonez. The only flaw in it is that Angle and Desmond Wolfe HATE each other. I think Angle & Samoa Joe vs. Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas is more likely.

LewisTheTruest
04-24-2010, 03:24 AM
Shelton should be the new Suicide!

Londoner
04-24-2010, 09:12 AM

I just KNEW you were going to respond with something like this.:D Don't get me wrong i understand why people like Haas to an extent but i wouldn't say he's ever properly entertained me. Benoit had abit more to him than just his wrestling ability btw, he had a history behind him/star power where as haas doesn't, so i don't think it would work as well for him.

Skippord
04-24-2010, 09:18 AM
How about Desmond Wolfe and Kurt Angle Vs Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas? I think that could be awesome.
throw some gay sex in there and I think you just may have a winner my friend

tjmidnight420
04-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Benoit had abit more to him than just his wrestling ability btw, he had a history behind him/star power where as haas doesn't, so i don't think it would work as well for him.

Benoit had star power because his history was built up somewhere other than WWE. I could see his career there going the same route had it not been for WCW.

Londoner
04-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Benoit had star power because his history was built up somewhere other than WWE. I could see his career there going the same route had it not been for WCW.

That's my point, Benoit had done things that made him stand out before, Haas hasn't.

tjmidnight420
04-24-2010, 10:06 AM
That's my point, Benoit had done things that made him stand out before, Haas hasn't.

Agreed. While I'm not extremely high on Haas, I am hoping a booker somewhere can figure out the right way to book him with the skill set he has. I don't think that booker is gonna be Russo, but that's another story entirely.

Next Big Thing
04-24-2010, 05:35 PM

Haas and Benjamin have to be paired with Angle. They struggle on the mic too much to be by themselves. Let Angle do the talking and let them be serious.

MoFo
04-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Why do Internet smarks suck jobbers dicks and say they were 'underrated' or 'mis-used'? It's lame and unfunny. Haas was only ever over in that imposter gimmick for like 3 weeks, Shelton has a whole Botchmania dedicated to him, Hassan wasnt even talented etc. It's as old as Chuck Norris jokes. Not cool.

tjmidnight420
04-25-2010, 12:42 AM
I am a sock. I'm trolling to piss you off. I think I am, but I'm Not cool.

This is the translation for what you just said. Why join an IWC message board unless you're either:
A) a smark
B) a sock
C) banned from every other board you've ever joined.

Seriously. Coming here and talking shit isn't doing you any favors. Stating your opinion is fine. Talking shit, not so much. Unless you're HBPunk, then we're used to it. You, however, are not HBPunk.