PDA

View Full Version : You have one year to replace half of WWE's main eventers...

Xero
04-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Who do you replace them with? You have a one year build-up after which, 4 of the following names will no longer be with the company for various reasons. You can only replace them with wrestlers from the main WWE roster, so no FCW guys.

Choose the names you replace and who you replace them with. If you want, you may throw in one extra talent ("Wildcard") to make it an even 8.

Main Event Roster
John Cena
Randy Orton
Triple H
Batista
Chris Jericho
Edge
The Undertaker
Wildcard

Loose Cannon
04-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Sheamus: This guy reminds me so much of HHH right now. He's still got a lot of improvement, but is real easy to hate and it's not cheap heat.

Ted Dibiase Jr: More as a babyface

CM Punk: Top Babyface

The Miz: I think he's the best talker in the industry right now. But he doesn't have the kind of look or feel as a long term champion. But I do see him as a top heel

That's all I can think of. Tell you what though. Cena would be hard to replace as the top guy.

Loose Cannon
04-24-2010, 07:01 PM
I am still not sold on Swagger. I haven't seen enough of that MuckIntyre guy. And I don't think the WWE will ever push Xtian or MVP to the top.

Maybe that Shad guy they would push as a top heel

dronepool
04-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Big Show- Bats
Miz- Jericho
Morrison- Triple H
Christian- Edge
Kofi- Orton
Kane- Undertaker
CM Punk- Cena
Swagger, nagger.

I guess

Loose Cannon
04-24-2010, 07:05 PM
you know what, I change my Miz response. I can see him as the guy being capable of taking Cena's place as the top babyface. He loves the business and he can easily excite the crowd and be the top guy

Swiss Ultimate
04-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Who do you replace them with? You have a one year build-up after which, 4 of the following names will no longer be with the company for various reasons. You can only replace them with wrestlers from the main WWE roster, so no FCW guys.

Choose the names you replace and who you replace them with. If you want, you may throw in one extra talent ("Wildcard") to make it an even 8.

Main Event Roster
John Cena
Randy Orton
Triple H
Batista
Chris Jericho
Edge
The Undertaker
Wildcard
I'll do it your way first and my way next.

John Cena and Batista retire for Wellness policy issues, Randy Orton has a match with Undertaker at Wrestlemania "Loser retires" which he ends up winning and becoming the "man who ended the streak and career" of Undertaker, Triple H leaves to pursue his acting career.

That's Cena, Batista, Undertaker and Triple H gone from the main-event scene.

CM Punk moves up to take Batista's spot after making him tap to the Anaconda Vice in a cage match, Christian moves up to take Cena's job over as babyface #1 by going over in an emotional final bout, John Morrison grows a beard moves up to take Triple H's face role similarly defeating his foe in a cage match and Miz moves up not so much to replace Taker but to fill the vacuum his absence leaves, feuding instead with Randy Orton (the man who ended Undertaker). Yeah, it's the age of the small man.

CM Punk goes on a year long winning streak (winning mainly via either cheating or "ruthless aggression")
Christian does the Match of the year thing with Edge in a ladder match (face vs. face) and goes on the title hunt,
John Morrison becomes the face of Smackdown and feuds with Chris Jericho for the better part of the year both swapping the title numerous times.
Miz feuds with Rey Mysterio, Sheamus, Swagger before challenging Morrison for the title.

My version:
I'm taking the liberty of stealing two people from TNA and two people from the indie scene.

First off, WWE manages to score Kurt Angle back along with AJ Styles. From the indies they pick up Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. Instead of just half the Main event roster, all of them leave.

My main event scene is comprised of: Kurt Angle heel, AJ Styles face, Shelton face, Haas face, CM Punk heel, Christian heel, Morrison face and Miz heel.

tjmidnight420
04-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Main Event Roster
John Cena
Randy Orton
Triple H - Miz
Batista - JoMo
Chris Jericho
Edge
The Undertaker - Christian
Wildcard - CM Punk

Are we supposed to be armchair booking how these guys make it into the ME over a years time?

SaskatchewanChamp
04-24-2010, 08:47 PM
John Cena - Jack Swagger ( Use his All-American American gimmick. You Americans would love that. :lol:)

Randy Orton - This guy is still young, and to be honest, he is the one I wanted to use to replace Cena. I can't replace a young talented guy like this so early in his career.

Triple H - This is a tough one, but I am going to go with the guy he is "mentoring" and that would be Sheamus.

Batista - Drew McIntyre comes to mind here.

Chris Jericho - Daniel Bryan seems like a good fit. He is an excellent wrestler from what I have seen/heard, and has that look to him that would make him a cocky mother! I think it is a good fit.

Edge - Christian :lol: (I'm sorry, couldn't think of anyone)

The Undertaker - No one can replace this man.

Wildcard - Kofi Kingston

Wishbone
04-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Cena-no real substitute here but if I have to choose one I guess John Morrison or even The Miz
Orton-kinda early to be talking about replacing him but I guess McIntyre would do an ok job
HHH-most likely Sheamus
Batista-perhaps Jack Swagger
Jericho-this man is irreplaceable in my opinion but I guess The Miz could be a good substitute
Edge-CM Punk could be a good new Edge
Taker-again another irreplaceable talent but a fair substitute would be Kane atleast for the short term

Droford
04-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Main Event Roster
John Cena
Randy Orton
Triple H -> Sheamus/Swagger
Batista -> Wade Barrett
Chris Jericho
Edge
The Undertaker -> CM Punk
Wildcard (?) -> Kofi Kingston

Jericho/Edge/Cena/Orton can't go anywhere.

Mr. Nerfect
04-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Main Event Roster
John Cena
Randy Orton
Triple H
Batista
Chris Jericho
Edge
The Undertaker

Wow, it's tricky to get rid of four from this. I'd have The Undertaker retire shortly after WrestleMania next year. This may be cheating a little bit, but I'd have Taker's career end at next year's Extreme Rules (not sure if that fits inside the year time-frame). At WrestleMania XXVII, I'd have The Undertaker successfully defend the World Heavyweight Title against someone, and then have the Money in the Bank winner from earlier, CM Punk, cash in his title shot and end Taker's streak. Then you have Punk as the top heel of the company. Taker is not happy about this, though, and he challenges Punk to a Buried Alive Match at Extreme Rules. Punk manages to win here, and that's all we see of The Undertaker.

Batista can be written off. The dude is getting up there in age, he's pretty injury prone, and he's unhappy with the company. I'd have Cena and Batista wrestle one more match after Extreme Rules (on RAW), perhaps in an I Quit Match -- or just a stipulation that if Batista loses, he's out of the WWE. Cena, of course, wins, and Dancin' Dave is out.

Triple H is the third guy I would get rid of. He's obvious not going to leave the company, or anything, but I think he could give Sheamus a huge rub by doing a Jamie Noble and "retiring" because of injuries sustained due to battles with The Celtic Warrior. Then Triple H can resurface on-air one day as an authority figure.

The fourth one I would get rid of is Edge. I just don't think he's the cash cow the other guys are, and his work is not quite as good as Jericho's. I do love Edge, but he could step out because of injuries, or something. I'd like to see him put over Christian before he leaves.

I've got two more people to elevate alongside CM Punk, Sheamus and Christian. John Morrison has got massive star potential, and I think he is ready for it ring-work wise. The Miz is another guy, but I don't want to rush him. I'd probably have John Morrison start feuding with The Straight-Edge Society, and eventually CM Punk. Morrison could be The Undertaker's opponent at WrestleMania next year, and the guy that Taker defeats before Punk cashes in. Then Morrison can feud with Punk.

Jack Swagger is someone I would consider a main event player right now, and he seems like an obvious choice to be elevated, but I'm going to go with my heart, and select Kane.

sa
04-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Main Event Roster
Sheamus
Randy Orton
Triple H
Batista
Cm Punk
Edge
The Great Khali
Kane

Mr Amazing
04-25-2010, 12:20 AM
main event roster

Undertaker-> Christian
Triple H->C.M Punk
Randy Orton-> he only 30 so he wont be retiring unless he gets serious injury
John Cena ->wont be retiring any time soon
Batista->The Miz
Chris Jericho - >wont be retiring any time soon
Edge-> might retire if he gets another serios injury so i see Kofi Kingston
replace him
wildcard -> John Morrison

I didnt put swagger and sheamus as replacement cause i see them having a role simular to Big show and Mysterio were they put them in the main event picture now and again to mix thing up a bit

Stickman
04-25-2010, 01:29 AM
you know what, I change my Miz response. I can see him as the guy being capable of taking Cena's place as the top babyface. He loves the business and he can easily excite the crowd and be the top guy

Really? The Miz gives me xpac heat.

The Franchise
04-25-2010, 01:39 AM
John Cena - No one really stands out but I will say The Miz because he has charisma and I could see him being a pretty huge face
Randy Orton - Ted DiBiase ("generation" wrestlers, DiBiase seems like he will take a while to hit his full potential like Orton, but when he does -- look out)
Triple H - he's not going anywhere, sorry...
Batista - Sheamus (big bad heels)
Chris Jericho - CM Punk (very talented guys, amazing heels, capable of being a really popular face if needed)
Edge - Christian (both good wrestlers, good on the mic, plus they just go together like indian food and the runs)
The Undertaker - this one I don't know. Taker is once in a lifetime
Wildcard - John Morrison for sure. If HBK was still around, he'd be his replacement

The Show Off
04-25-2010, 01:40 AM

Main Event Roster
John Cena
Randy Orton
Triple H
Batista
Chris Jericho
Edge
The Undertaker
Wildcard

Just for the challenge I'm going to pretend that all seven of these wrestlers leave. Here's the seven men I'd replace them with...

This is in order of who I'd most want/need to put in the main event...

Montel Vontavious Porter
CM Punk
Christian
Shemus
Kofi Kingston
William Regal
The Big Show

The Franchise
04-25-2010, 01:44 AM
The "next era" for the WWE is going to be really hit or miss. I have a feeling when most of these guys are hangin' er up and Cena/Orton are at the point in their career guys like HHH/Taker are at now, we will either be seeing a bunch of awesome new guys blow up and make the WWE very interesting like in the late 90s/early 00s or we will get something like the mid 90s.... with a couple guys carrying the company with not much else.

tjmidnight420
04-25-2010, 01:48 AM
The "next era" for the WWE is going to be really hit or miss. I have a feeling when most of these guys are hangin' er up and Cena/Orton are at the point in their career guys like HHH/Taker are at now, we will either be seeing a bunch of awesome new guys blow up and make the WWE very interesting like in the late 90s/early 00s or we will get something like the mid 90s.... with a couple guys carrying the company with not much else.

Sadly it's going to be the latter if the E doesn't really get to work.

DrA
04-25-2010, 02:32 PM
If you're going to replace these guys, you're going to have to do it with younger talent. What is the point of replacing Edge with Christian? They are pretty much the same wrestler. The Rock/Brock Lesnar/Randy Orton were all around 25 years of age when they became fresh. Guys like Shelton Benjamin and MVP even are already 35+ years old. The only wrestlers that I can see as main event/replacements guys are CM Punk and Kofi Kingston. The WWE really fucked up in developing wrestlers born in that 1980-1985 time period.

Hold on I am not done here.

DrA
04-25-2010, 02:41 PM
John Cena-Kofi Kingston
Batista-Sheamus
Edge
Randy Orton
Chris Jericho
The Undertaker-John Morrison
Triple H
Wild Card (Rey Mysterio I guess)-CM Punk