PDA

View Full Version : Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Shaggy
04-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Alright well the show is not past and done and reruns are just shown. So of course now that its out of the big leagues so to speak and no one cares about it anymore I suddenly fall in love with the show. I never really cared about this show untill I started watching it when it comes on in the mornings. This show is really great and im sure more than one person here likes it. I also just started watching Angel also which is not really as good as Buffy but gets the job done. So what do most of yall think of Buffy and Angel and if you are a fan of the show who would have to be your favorite person? Spike would have to be mine cause he is just so bad ass and has some great one liners.

Rob
04-16-2004, 01:36 AM
I didn't watch it on a regular basis but I liked it when I did. Might buy a DVD set or something.

Fav character has to be Buffy of course.

Kane Knight
04-16-2004, 01:52 AM
I have seasons 1-5 on DVD. Ironic, since I avoided it for so long. After all, it's a TV spinoff of a really bad movie.

Of course, the show's freakin' awesome.

Splaya
04-16-2004, 01:57 AM
The best episode's hands down were when Buffy and Angel had that one true moment of "happiness" and Angel lost his soul and was turned into an evil demon again. The episodes leading up to Buffy killing Angel to end season 2 were just the episodes that just left me absolutely breathless.

Kane Knight
04-16-2004, 02:07 AM
Oh, Spike as the best. :cool:

Splaya
04-16-2004, 02:13 AM
Angel: When did you become so level headed

Spike: Right about the time you became so pig headed.

Classic Spike and Angel word sparring match.

Sin Harvest
04-16-2004, 07:33 AM
??: So what about the spell, will you let our friends go after it?
Spike: Sod the spell, your friends are at the factory.

Buffy: Tell me why you are here in 5 words.
Spike: Out, For, A, Walk...Bitch.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-16-2004, 09:05 AM
What eps of Angel have you watched...cause in a similar vein to Buffy you really need to watch entire seasons to really get a grasp on some of the storylines. Ever since S2 Angel's been pretty strong, IMHO Angel S3-4 beats Buffy S6-7 hands down.

Azriel
04-16-2004, 09:30 AM
I have seasons 1-5 of Buffy. Love the show. Can't wait for Season 6 to come out, which I believe might be in May.

Splaya
04-16-2004, 10:18 AM
What eps of Angel have you watched...cause in a similar vein to Buffy you really need to watch entire seasons to really get a grasp on some of the storylines. Ever since S2 Angel's been pretty strong, IMHO Angel S3-4 beats Buffy S6-7 hands down.

The problem with seasons 6 and 7 with Buffy was that there was no more technical evil. She had already beaten every evil in the book basically. Then in Angel when they had to fight that lady that everyone treated like a god, :shudders:

Shaggy
04-16-2004, 10:21 AM
I have been renting the seasons from the library near my house. They have 1-3 so im watching those now. Im in the middle of 2. Season 4 just started on FX so ive taped every episode of that just so i can catch up later on.

Kane Knight
04-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Angel sucked. Both the character and the series. Mopey artfag Anne Rice wannabes.

Real Deal
04-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Buffy kicked arse.
Angel...watched the first season, lost interest. Now watching the final. Its not too bad

The Destroyer
04-16-2004, 12:36 PM
I didn't watch it on a regular basis but I liked it when I did. Might buy a DVD set or something.

Fav character has to be Buffy of course.
I think the DVD boxsets are coming down in price. On Play and Amazon, anyway...

I'm probably just weird, but I seem to enjoy Angel more than Buffy. Although they're both good.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Angel sucked. Both the character and the series. Mopey artfag Anne Rice wannabes.

Care to qualify that?

Y2Ant
04-16-2004, 07:40 PM
I've never gotten into it, but I like the show, so i'm gonna buy the boxsets when they come down in price methinks.

There's a couple of other shows that i've caught an episode of and liked, and I might buy the box set :o

Kane Knight
04-17-2004, 01:06 AM
Care to qualify that?
You confuse me.

Rob
04-17-2004, 07:55 AM
Any recommendations on where I should start if I get a boxset?

KayfabeMan
04-17-2004, 08:26 AM
Seriously one the best,and most underrated,TV shows ever.

It's one of VERY few shows that I can't say one bad thing about at all.

From the first episode,right on through the last,BTVS was great,great TV; and every single episode was quality,and well thought out. All of the actors/actresses did a great job with their characters,particularly James Marsters (Spike),who does a great job of playing a smartass,kickass characters - while still putting on a realistic fake accent.

Also underrated from the show,another fantastic actor in the form of Anthony Head. He's really overlooked,and is great in his role,as well as his other projects (including his music).

Angel is also a good show.You can tell Joss Whedon puts a lot of work into his,well,work. The upcoming Angel episodes (the final ones) will be solid episodes,but if they would have had more notice of it's cancellation (which I STILL do not understand) they could have done more.

There is talk right now of future Angel TV movies,but nothing is definite right now.

Also,on a side note - I enjoyed the BTVS movie; it layed the foundation of the show,and tried to get as much into the movie as possible (which is what made it kinda "lame"). Plus,Kristy Swanson :drool: and a cool cast like Rutger Hauer,Donald Sutherland,Luke Perry,a younger Hilary Swank,and Pee Wee (not to mention the greatest WCW Heavyweight Champion ever - David Arquette :shifty: )....

Mr. Monday Morning
04-17-2004, 09:14 AM
You confuse me.

You know, examples, reasoning, that sorta thing.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-17-2004, 09:15 AM
Any recommendations on where I should start if I get a boxset?

Honestly? You'll get more out of it if you start from the start. A lot of foundations are laid in S1, even though it's not the best (in fact in the overall scheme of things it's possibly the worst series in terms of quality). However, if you don't feel like doing that you should probably go for S2 since you can probably fill in any blanks you might come up against yourself, and it does have probably the best story arc they've ever done.

Good News Gertie
04-17-2004, 04:40 PM
Faith was my favourite. :$ (Eliza)

Mr. Monday Morning
04-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Dush Dush :love:

RGWhat316
04-20-2004, 04:34 PM
I too enjoy that show more than I thought I would. I never actually watched it when it was on, but started watching at the end of last year when the reruns would be on FX. I believe when I picked up on it was season 6, so I watched until the end. Now starting on some of the earlier seasons. Spike is a cool character, maybe its the fake British accent, but he is the funniest one on there at times.

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 04:38 PM
You know, examples, reasoning, that sorta thing.
Examples of what, exactly? My hatred of his mad pussy attitude through any episode where he's not evil?

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 04:38 PM
Faith was my favourite. :$ (Eliza)
:drool:

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 04:42 PM
I too enjoy that show more than I thought I would. I never actually watched it when it was on, but started watching at the end of last year when the reruns would be on FX. I believe when I picked up on it was season 6, so I watched until the end. Now starting on some of the earlier seasons. Spike is a cool character, maybe its the fake British accent, but he is the funniest one on there at times.
Yeah, I avoided it when I first heard about it too.

I can't remember why I started watching it, but I can remember why I avoided it in the first place: The movie. That movie was horrible.

However, the series really took off in its own direction. Other than references to Buffy burning down the high school gym, there's not really much carried over...

And in the immortal words of DDP...That's not a bad thing...:DThat's...A GOOD thing...:D

Shaggy
04-20-2004, 07:09 PM
I just started watching the episodes in season 2 when Angel lost his soul and turned bad. He kicks so much ass when he is evil. Him and Spike make the perfect bad guys. And even when they are good atleast Spike kicks major ass.

loopydate
04-20-2004, 11:19 PM
You can tell Joss Whedon puts a lot of work into his,well,work.

Did you ever watch "Firefly." It was that show that made me start watching "Buffy." Brilliant stuff.

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 11:25 PM
I'm not even sure Firefly was on around here.

Hey, remember all the morons who boycotted it because they lost Buffy or whatever?

The Mackem
04-21-2004, 05:07 AM
I liked the show.

Good News Gertie
04-21-2004, 09:28 PM
http://www.alysonhannigancorner.com/galleries/eliza/scans/062003/ed-fhm100uk03-01a.jpg

http://www.alysonhannigancorner.com/galleries/eliza/scans/012004/elizawindow.jpg

Good News Gertie
04-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Does she have a penis? :wtf:

Mr. Monday Morning
04-22-2004, 11:12 AM
You guys know there's going to be a Firefly movie right?

loopydate
04-22-2004, 12:24 PM
You guys know there's going to be a Firefly movie right?
Yeah. "Serenity." I can't wait.

Kane Knight
04-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Does she have a penis? :wtf:
That second pic is definitely :wtf: worthy. she's still hot tho. :D

RGWhat316
04-27-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm watching it at season 4 on FX, and something thats confused me since I haven't seen the first 3 seasons. How did Spike get the chip in his head? I watched seasons 6-8 last year, and he had it all along there too. And something else i noticed watching season 3, Willow had a boyfriend. Last year I only saw her with Tara, then one of the slayers at the end.

Kane Knight
04-27-2004, 04:19 PM
The initiative catch him and pop a chip in his head.

Kane Knight
04-27-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm watching it at season 4 on FX, and something thats confused me since I haven't seen the first 3 seasons. How did Spike get the chip in his head? I watched seasons 6-8 last year, and he had it all along there too. And something else i noticed watching season 3, Willow had a boyfriend. Last year I only saw her with Tara, then one of the slayers at the end.
Willow "goes gay" after Oz leaves. Realistically, she probably just "discovered herself," but she started in with Tara shortly after Oz left to get ahold of himself.

Shaggy
04-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Yea, I always watch the beginning parts of the season 4 episodes cause it comes on when I leave for school so while I recorded that I was in the middle of watching 1-3 on DVD. When im done with that I will stat in on season 4. I did watch the episode where Spike got the chip in his head though. Man Spike is the man.

Kane Knight
04-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Spike rules.

KayfabeMan
04-27-2004, 05:46 PM
:y:

RGWhat316
05-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Buffy: Tell me why you are here in 5 words.
Spike: Out, For, A, Walk...Bitch.

Oh, I just saw that episode and about died laughing when I heard him say that. Spike has too many good lines. Another one I just saw.
Spike: I guess I'll help you out. I really got no reason except that I hate all of you, you've constantly tried to kill me...........actually that is good enough of a reason, BYE! :lol:

Shaggy
05-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Spike definently has some of the best lines on the show. I wish there was someplace that just posted a bunch of Spike quotes.

Shaggy
05-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Spike: If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move

FAVORITE LINE RIGHT THERE ^

Found some sites:

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/seaQuestDSV2032/Spike.html

http://groups.msn.com/JamesMarstersSpike/spikequotes.msnw

RGWhat316
05-02-2004, 02:01 AM
Cool sites, made me realize I got my wording wrong on the quote I posted, here's the real one.
Spike: I know I'm not the first choice for heroics. And Buffy's tried to kill me more than once. And I don't fancy a single one of you at all but...actually all that sounds pretty convincing.
And this is another one of my favorites, Spike: Can't any one of your damned little scooby club at least try to remember that I hate you all?. :lol:

Kane Knight
05-02-2004, 02:04 AM
I love the ep where he discovered he could hurt demons.

Kane Knight
05-02-2004, 02:06 AM
And one of the top quotes on that site comes from pretty much right after....

Spike: What's this? Sittin' around watching the telly while there's evil still afoot? It's not very industrious of you. I say we go out there and kick a little demon ass! What, can't go without your Buffy, is that it? Let's find her! She is the chosen one, after all. Come on! Vampires! Grrr! Nasty! Let's annihilate them, for justice, and for... the safety of puppies... and Christmas, right? Let's fight that evil! Let's kill something! Oh, come on!