PDA

View Full Version : So SD made out like kings after the draft

Splaya
04-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Most people believe that the blue brand was gutted after the draft, and I'm not denying that, but they will be the show that pleases WWE fans the most. I feel bad the most for Randy Orton, John Morrison, Edge, and Jericho. They are going to have their feuds and they will be good, but it's going to be hard to get the titles handed to them.

SD is going to be sweet. Look at who they have now
Swagger
Kofi Kingston
Taker
Big Show
JTG
Shad
MVP
Cody Rhodes
Rey Rey
Christian
and oh Yeah CM Punk.

I am stoked to see what they do with SD

TheAdamEvansFan
04-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Does Chavo Guerrero ever leave Smackdown? It's too bad people like Chavo, Santino, Carlito, and Chris Masters get put in shitty storylines. They need to bring back the Cruiserweight title and giving these people something to wrestle for.

Hanso Amore
04-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Yeah I would love to see Masters in a Cruiser weight Title role! Good call dude!

tjmidnight420
04-27-2010, 04:36 PM
I'd get a kick out of him trying to get down under the weight limit every week...

Schlomey
04-27-2010, 04:36 PM
odd to see Kane not get bumped back to RAW. Seems like he is a yearly floater. Perhaps they have something for him.....or perhaps they forgot him completely this year.

Ermaximus
04-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah I would love to see Masters in a Cruiser weight Title role! Good call dude!

If Matt Hardy can do it why can't Masters?:shifty:

Schlomey
04-27-2010, 04:38 PM
I like Kane. Odd really. Usually when guys get de-pushed the extent as what Kane has been I totally forget and could care less about them...It is cool and odd that I still think Kane has value and enjoy his TV time.

Ermaximus
04-27-2010, 04:39 PM
I like Kane. Odd really. Usually when guys get de-pushed the extent as what Kane has been I totally forget and could care less about them...It is cool and odd that I still think Kane has value and enjoy his TV time.

Kane is just one of those guys who puts the company before himself. He likes putting over new talent, so I hear.

Schlomey
04-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Guys like Carlito who have been basically pushed down to the gutter I could care less about. Kane, on the other hand, still puts on enjoyable matches. Kinda a shame he isn't given more to do but at least he wasn't Knoxed or Snitskied.

TheAdamEvansFan
04-27-2010, 04:43 PM
No.. Everytime I turn on Smack-a-bitch, I see Chavo and Vikki plummaging through what's left of Eddie's legacy, seeing what else they can KILL. I mean for fucks sake, Vikki guerrero on Wrestlemania, when her ass showed on national tv, you kidding me. People wonder why noone watches Smackdown. 1. It's taped. 2. It's on Friday night. 3. Vickie Guerrero is on it. I'D BE EXCITED IF I WAS ONE OF THESE WRESTLERS WHO GOT DRAFTED TO SMACKDOWN! NOT! Now, these whiney bitches, like previously Jericho, find some cheap way to get to Raw. A few reasons for this. 1. Smackdown sucks ass. 2. The writers realize this and bring the talent back to raw for ratings. 3. The storylines are just so fucked up that people are now turning on TNA. 4. IT'S ALL GONE TO SHIT!

Schlomey
04-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Chavo hasn't been on SD for a full year. Chavo has not interacted with Vickie since before she left the company about a year ago. Chavo has only wrestled in like 5 non-Hornswoggle matches this year. Chavo has been the butt of every guest host this year.

So you are wrong in all respects.

Including the comment about how nobody watches smackdown. It has actually been the best actual wrestling show the company has put on this year & I, for one, know of several people who hold it in high regard.

Corporate CockSnogger
04-27-2010, 04:45 PM
lol

Schlomey
04-27-2010, 04:48 PM
whoever you are, sir, you are a moron. No biggie that seems to be a heavily regarded trend on the wrestling boards.

Might I suggest you join a TNA fan club if you wish to spread propaganda about WWE and promote your love of the other company. It won't get you very far around here to make up shit stories, lie through your teeth...and then talk about how great TNA is. I bet TNA doesn't want you either.

Joesgonnakillyou
04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Getting back OT. I still think Smackdown has been basically robbed. It always had a pretty bare roster anyway but now with Rey being the top face until Taker comes back it's going to look really bush league.

I was looking forward to an Edge - CM Punk feud as well.

BigCrippyZ
04-27-2010, 04:52 PM

Ageed. I think it's the fact that his character started out so unique and has so much history and development through Taker, Corporation, Austin, Ministry, DX, etc. Plus, he's still a really good worker.

Schlomey
04-27-2010, 04:53 PM
I was looking forward to Chrstian and Edge of course.

Schlomey
04-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Ageed. I think it's the fact that his character started out so unique and has so much history and development through Taker, Corporation, Austin, Ministry, DX, etc. Plus, he's still a really good worker.

Yes man exactly. He is still a good worker and the history is still there.

Seriously, Taker is old and hurting. Kane is getting up there as well. Why not have another BOD run to give both guys a storyline as well as basically only working half a load!@?

Ermaximus
04-27-2010, 05:05 PM
No.. Everytime I turn on Smack-a-bitch, I see Chavo and Vikki plummaging through what's left of Eddie's legacy, seeing what else they can KILL. I mean for fucks sake, Vikki guerrero on Wrestlemania, when her ass showed on national tv, you kidding me. People wonder why noone watches Smackdown. 1. It's taped. 2. It's on Friday night. 3. Vickie Guerrero is on it. I'D BE EXCITED IF I WAS ONE OF THESE WRESTLERS WHO GOT DRAFTED TO SMACKDOWN! NOT! Now, these whiney bitches, like previously Jericho, find some cheap way to get to Raw. A few reasons for this. 1. Smackdown sucks ass. 2. The writers realize this and bring the talent back to raw for ratings. 3. The storylines are just so fucked up that people are now turning on TNA. 4. IT'S ALL GONE TO SHIT!

1) More wrestling fans appreciate Smackdown for the overall quality of the show because unlike Raw, they put on good matches, good fueds, and have new stars made.

2) A majority of the top guys who get moved as heavy hitters from SD to Raw get burried not long after. MVP and Kofi come to mind. No doubt Truth and Morrison will get that treatment this year.

3) If you think TNA has better writing and booking than WWE you need to be beaten with a sock full of quarters you ignorant cretin.

4) Nobody gives a shit about your opinion so bitch somewhere else.

Splaya
04-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Good. I come back on and 50% of the people who posted in here have mental deficiancies

Ermaximus
04-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Good. I come back on and 50% of the people who posted in here have mental deficiancies

Jack Bauer for SD Champ?

Spaff
04-27-2010, 05:47 PM
and are you implying vickie and chavo killed eddie? smack-a-bitch. . . i dont think iv ever heard a more appaling attempt at doing any thing ever in the world.
(tokyo drift is on - how fine is that asian chick, bit of a david coulthard jaw but yum)

You watchin on TG4

Swiss Ultimate
04-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Most people believe that the blue brand was gutted after the draft, and I'm not denying that, but they will be the show that pleases WWE fans the most. I feel bad the most for Randy Orton, John Morrison, Edge, and Jericho. They are going to have their feuds and they will be good, but it's going to be hard to get the titles handed to them.

SD is going to be sweet. Look at who they have now
Swagger
Kofi Kingston
Taker
Big Show
JTG
Shad
MVP
Cody Rhodes
Rey Rey
Christian
and oh Yeah CM Punk.

I am stoked to see what they do with SD

They definitely have the most potential to make new stars.

Splaya
04-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Jack Bauer for SD Champ?

I'm down

Sovereigntywillpr
04-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Smackdown has been where the new stars have gotten over post brand split era.

EDIT: It's just a matter of flopping on Raw (sometimes just due to timing of there arival)

Mr. Pierre
04-28-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm really excited for SD! Looking forward to seeing how Christian/Punk/Rey/Swagger/Kofi/Ziggler work (The new "Smackdown 6"?!..Okay no one is comparable to Lesnar/Angle/Benoit/Eddie/Rey/Edge)

Inadequacy
04-28-2010, 01:10 AM
It looks like everyone who was drafted in the supplemental draft will benefit in some way. I just really wish Zach Ryder and Carlito had made their way to smackdown.

Kane Knight
04-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Smackdown is always better off.

Favre4Ever
04-28-2010, 01:52 AM
I'm not sure what you're talking about feeling sorry for Randy Orton. Orton is one of a handful of main event faces amidst a sea of heels on RAW, and with Triple H gone you can pretty much guarantee Orton is always going to be near the top of the card.

Favre4Ever
04-28-2010, 01:54 AM
Other than that though i DO like the direction Smackdown went in the draft. You can pretty much know that Punk will be a big player in that cast, but I think this is a scenario where Christian really has a chance to regain some of the moment he lost when he left for TNA a few years back.

Londoner
04-28-2010, 04:19 AM
Can't wait for a Christian V Punk feud, once that happens that'll help Christians career get back on track imo.

DAMN iNATOR
04-28-2010, 04:24 AM
If Matt Hardy can do it why can't Masters?:shifty:

I honestly feel like that's a valid point, after all in the match where Hardy once did claim the CW Championship (it was a PPV, sometime in like early '03, I believe) and the commentators made mention of the fact that he was well over the usual 220 lb. limit that was set to be considered a cruiserweight.

Ermaximus
04-28-2010, 08:56 AM
I honestly feel like that's a valid point, after all in the match where Hardy once did claim the CW Championship (it was a PPV, sometime in like early '03, I believe) and the commentators made mention of the fact that he was well over the usual 220 lb. limit that was set to be considered a cruiserweight.

Plus if you look at Matt Hardy now, he looks bloated as shit. Maybe that's why he stopped wearing the tights?

Next Big Thing
04-28-2010, 09:04 AM
No doubt Kane is one hell of a worker, but his character right now doesn't do it for me. Without the mask, all of his history storyline wise means nothing and while it's great to put over young talent it's diminishing returns when you aren't that over yourself. Kane gets mild reactions now when a guy like him should get a bigger pop than Cena and I think it's because they humanized him to much by taking off the mask and killing the mystique.

Matt Hardy V. 1 Facts: Matt is not fat, he is all natural and honest with his fans.

Nark Order
04-28-2010, 09:20 AM
So, am I the only one that thinks Smackdown got completely gutted again?

Kane Knight
04-28-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm not sure what you're talking about feeling sorry for Randy Orton. Orton is one of a handful of main event faces amidst a sea of heels on RAW, and with Triple H gone you can pretty much guarantee Orton is always going to be near the top of the card.

Smarks.

Ermaximus
04-28-2010, 09:28 AM

You said gutted, but to me I see opportunity. We get to see new stuff on SD! I'm all for that.

tjmidnight420
04-28-2010, 04:51 PM

Smackdown got robbed again, but this is where they shine on Friday nights. It's all over every other thread. Raw will bury SD!'s top stars over the last year, some more than others, and by this time next year most of them will be coming back to the blue while the opportunity as Ermaximus put it gets shipped off to Raw to be buried. Happens every year, and by the end of summer, probably sooner, SD! will be looking better than Raw despite not having the drawing power anymore.

Ermaximus
04-28-2010, 05:05 PM
I expect to see 3 people win the WHC, that have never held it before, on SD this year.

tjmidnight420
04-28-2010, 05:12 PM
I expect to see 3 people win the WHC, that have never held it before, on SD this year.

Agreed. However the WWE championship I'm most certain will make rotation around people who have had it at least once...

I could be wrong, Sheamus had it, but how many times have we seen something like that before?

Ermaximus
04-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Agreed. However the WWE championship I'm most certain will make rotation around people who have had it at least once...

I could be wrong, Sheamus had it, but how many times have we seen something like that before?

I'm expecting the WWE Title to go around like this. :shifty:

Cena-->Edge-->Orton-->Sheamus-->Cena-->Orton-->Jericho-->Cena-->HHH-->Sheamus-->Orton-->Cena-->Edge

XCaliber
04-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Usually RAW steels the upcoming talent but then they took a couple of veterans and the others have been awhile too which I find particularly odd. I'm sure Edge will main event but I wouldn't be suprised if Jericho goes back to midcarding along with Morrison as for R-Truth can we say jobber? Pretty sure not to far down the road a trade will have to be made cuz it's a little too lopisded so much so I have no doubt the NXT winner is headed to SD to balance things out better.

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2010, 08:05 PM
SmackDown! knows how to use its talent. Christian, Kofi Kingston and MVP will all benefit from their time on SmackDown!. I think even Chris Masters and Chavo Guerrero will, too. Even Finlay could get a push now that Hornswoggle is back on the blue brand.

mike adamle
04-28-2010, 08:49 PM
The major question is whether or not Hornswoggle brings the DX gear to SmackDown! with him.

Damian Rey
04-28-2010, 09:34 PM

This is what is most exciting about the results. Christian and Kolfi are almost locks to get atleast a program chasing the title, which will help elevate them even if they don't win.

MVP was a guy who left SmackDown! with a shit ton of promise, but got buried quick once he made the move to Raw. I'm excited to see where creatuive goes with him from here. A fued with Drew McIntyre seems immenent.

Afterlife
04-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Oh, I definitely see Xian getting the title this year.

Ermaximus
04-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Oh, I definitely see Xian getting the title this year.

A Christian vs Punk fued for the WHC just reeks of awesomeness.

tjmidnight420
04-30-2010, 04:22 PM
A Christian vs Punk fued for the WHC just reeks of awesomeness.

Yes yes, book it.:y:

Ermaximus
04-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Yes yes, book it.:y:

"Dear Micheal P.S. Hayes,
Please book this fued and your show will be the most watched show on tv on Friday nights. Love, TPWW."

tjmidnight420
04-30-2010, 04:27 PM
"Dear Micheal P.S. Hayes,
Please book this fued and your show will be the most watched show on tv on Friday nights. Love, TPWW."

Right on, fella. I'm with ya.:y:

The Jayman
04-30-2010, 04:29 PM
as TPWW's #1 Peep, I approve this message

Ruien
04-30-2010, 08:19 PM
I really do not see Christian getting the title from CM Punk. He is the last guy (Matt Hardy got injuryed when he was going to get his turn) that will be like Jeff Hardy, the build on how it took so long to get noticed, the title shots, etc etc. People are getting the titles so early now, there will never really be one of these guys again. I see Christian getting the title off a big name (Even if it is just Edge at WM, since most the old time tops are/will be gone). I do not see CM Punk as that big of a name to give Christian the title.

This is not saying CM Punk sucks or anything like that. But when he gets in the ring against someone like HHH, does anyone think he really has a show? Edge is getting up there, only reason I dropped his name.

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2010, 05:17 AM
I could see Christian taking the World Heavyweight Title from Jack Swagger, to be honest. They teased it with Christian being drafted due to Swagger's victory. It'll just take some building and such. He definitely seems like the guy that has the most imminent potential, but at the same time could also use the journey to the top. Big Show could make an interesting choice as World Champ, but he also makes a great filler opponent for Swagger in the meantime.

I'm looking forward to CM Punk feuding with not only Chrisitan, but MVP and Kofi Kingston. He's got the history with Kofi, and MVP has got the perfect background for Punk to cut promos on. It seems that MVP has already gotten involved somewhat in Punk.

With Hornswoggle being drafted to SmackDown!, I'm hoping we see Finlay return to teach Ziggler a lesson or two. A program with Finlay would really help polish Ziggler's skills, and then he can move onto a program with Big Show (Ziggler works so well with bigger opponents). I could just imagine Ziggler wanting to prove he can put the largest athlete in the world to sleep. Then he can have a Sleeper Hold vs. Masterlock feud with Chris Masters. That's Ziggler's next few months booked.

I really hope that Chavo Guerrero finds new life in the draft, too. I know he might exactly be "Mr. Credible," but Chavo is so fun to watch in the ring, and he's getting better and better on the mic. I'd like to see having Vickie in management aid Chavo, and allow him to get some slanted wins over guys.