PDA

View Full Version : RAW and Impact ratings for 4/26 - Updated

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 06:45 PM
- Last night's edition of WWE Monday Night Raw scored a 3.1 rating.

- Last night's edition of TNA Impact scored a 0.5 rating.

Credit: Wrestlingobserver.com (http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/13183/)Last night's 3-hour draft special Raw did a composite 3.1 rating with 4,628,000 viewers and hours of 2.6, 3.27 and 3.34.The show's 2 regular hours drew a 3.3 rating, with 4,995,000 viewers.

- Raw's regular hours were the two highest-rated hours on basic cable last night, with hour one coming in fifth. 2 hours of Pawn Stars came in third and fourth.

- Last night's episode of Impact did a 0.5 rating, with 739,000 viewers. It will be interesting to see what the replay does on Thursday.

- Saturday's AM Raw scored a 0.44 rating, with 518,000 viewers.

Credit: PWInsider (http://pwinsider.com/article/47110/raw-impact-am-raw-ratings-and-a-note-about-my-nonhotline-today.html?p=1)

Xero
04-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Ouuuch...

Seriously, I thought TNA would hit at least a .6.

I want the real number on that, because that could be like a .45 or something.

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Worthy of that .5 too. Couldn't even stay awake

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Anyone know what the first hour of TNA did?

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm sure Dixie was waiting to use the excuse of them going against the Draft, but with RAW still doing below average, there goes that.

tjmidnight420
04-27-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm sure Dixie was waiting to use the excuse of them going against the Draft, but with RAW still doing below average, there goes that.

My thoughts exactly.

Xero
04-27-2010, 06:51 PM

She'll still use it. It's her only excuse.

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 06:53 PM
I know I've been hyping it for a while now, but fully expecting Spike to lose it if next weeks numbers are anywhere near this bad, let alone worse

Xero
04-27-2010, 06:54 PM
There has to be a floor where Spike says fuck it.

It's got to be around this. They'd be pulling stronger numbers with reruns or old movies.

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Convenient this happens the week JR's contract runs up. Spike already wanted him, they have their motivation now

Xero
04-27-2010, 06:57 PM
"Get JR or you're off Mondays"

Spike does put up with a lot of shit, though. Moving timeslots, moving nights, adding extra programming, shitty ratings. They're bending over backwards for TNA.

McLegend
04-27-2010, 06:58 PM
JR ain't going to be bringing in ratings.

Xero
04-27-2010, 07:00 PM

Spike probably thinks so.

McLegend
Also I don't think Spike is going to be backing out on TNA anytime soon.

Has there been reports that are saying Spike is thinking about dropping them on Monday nights?

FearedSanctity
Really don't understand how Spike doesn't have a stake in TNA with how much they do for them. If Spike wants JR, they're gonna have to pitch in like they did with Sting. JR is inclined to say no, make it so he can't

Xero
04-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Also I don't think Spike is going to be backing out on TNA anytime soon.

Has there been reports that are saying Spike is thinking about dropping them on Monday nights?

If TNA keeps going down, what's in it for Spike when they could be airing, say, an Ultimate Fighter replay that pulls at least if not more than what TNA is pulling?

Spike TV are in it for business, and right now, they're seeing TNA on an almost constant ratings decline and just hitting their lowest rating ever (I think). Why would they keep going at this point? At least on Mondays?

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 07:03 PM

On TV no, but over time he offers TNA the opportunity to be taken more seriously. In regard to both talent and creative, the man naturally has a great mind for the business. The likeliness of Russo having to go if JR comes in alone makes this worth it.

JR coming in isn't supposed to help bring in ratings like Hogan and Bischoff were supposed to do. He'd be coming in to get shit done.

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 07:05 PM
May-July will be TNA's real test. That is the WWE's biggest downtime in the year. If they don't improve by August's lead up into SummerSlam, I think they are screwed

McLegend
04-27-2010, 07:06 PM
It doesn't make sense since TNA has been with Spike now for 4-5 years? and you drop them because they hit .5 on a Monday night.

Maybe sooner rather later TNA will be off on Mondays. I think they they still got some time.

McLegend
04-27-2010, 07:08 PM
On TV no, but over time he offers TNA the opportunity to be taken more seriously. In regard to both talent and creative, the man naturally has a great mind for the business. The likeliness of Russo having to go if JR comes in alone makes this worth it.

JR coming in isn't supposed to help bring in ratings like Hogan and Bischoff were supposed to do. He'd be coming in to get shit done.

It's still not going to work. It will just be one more voice in an all ready crowded room.

Xero
Really, I don't think Spike will drop them, because they ARE a ratings getter on other nights. I just think that the Monday Night "era" (if 2 months or so can be an era) is coming to a close sooner than later.

The Franchise
I cant remember but was Smackdown supposed to move to Tuesdays or is it just changing networks (but staying on Friday)

If all else fails, maybe Spike could move Impact and do a Tuesday night war

Xero
04-27-2010, 07:10 PM
SmackDown! is staying on Fridays (as of now), just moving to SyFy. There hasn't been talk of moving nights.

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 07:10 PM
No way Spike drops TNA completely. Won't happen. They know when in the right spot Impact gets good ratings for them. Hell, the replay still does good ratings, and I actually believe the replay is part of what's hurting them.

Spike will tell TNA to do what it says if they want to stay on Mondays, but it will take consistent .2 ratings on Mondays and Thursdays for Spike to drop them. Worst case Impact gets moved to another day

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 07:13 PM
It's still not going to work. It will just be one more voice in an all ready crowded room.

That's the thing. JR won't want there to be any other voices. Bringing him in will be an admission by Dixie they don't know what the hell they're doing, and what JR wants he'll get. He WILL be the only voice that matters. Expect most of if not all of anyone related to creative to be gone. JR will want like minded guys

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 07:15 PM
SmackDown! is staying on Fridays (as of now), just moving to SyFy. There hasn't been talk of moving nights.

hmm guess TNA better pull their socks up :cool:

Xero
04-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Are they about to be knocked off?

:shifty:

McLegend
04-27-2010, 07:21 PM
That's the thing. JR won't want there to be any other voices. Bringing him in will be an admission by Dixie they don't know what the hell they're doing, and what JR wants he'll get. He WILL be the only voice that matters. Expect most of if not all of anyone related to creative to be gone. JR will want like minded guys

They didn't get rid of Russo for Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, and they hate him to.

Russo is staying in TNA. Nothing is getting rid of him. It's a fact of life now.

Xero
04-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Honestly, Bischoff and Hogan are worse than Russo.

That's saying something.

McLegend
04-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Then you just don't get rid of Hogan and Bischoff after you paid them all that money.

No one is going anywhere.

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 07:23 PM
You seem to be missing the point. JR is almost like the last resort, if he can't fix it no one can. I can almost guarantee a prerequisite for JR signing would be Russo being fired, he'd make the desire known from the get go. When you ask someone to come fix your mess, you don't tell them no. Ever.

Xero
04-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Actually no, Heyman would be a last resort. The only way they'd get him is probably a seven figure deal with 100% creative control.

McLegend
04-27-2010, 07:24 PM

That's saying something.

That's a good toss up question.

I've never been big fan of the creative mind of Eric Bischoff. I'd want him on my show as a character though. He's money in that category.

Yeah and Hogan is just washed up. So those 2 together is deadly combination.

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 07:25 PM

That's saying something.

While I agree, I get the sense that they're at least TRYING. Russo seems to just wing it week after week

Xero
04-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Hogan and Bischoff, without creative control, are actually fine.

Hell, Bischoff on the purely business side of things, like promotions and production, would be fine, but again, keep him off creative.

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Actually no, Heyman would be a last resort. The only way they'd get him is probably a seven figure deal with 100% creative control.

Heyman would be for creative, JR is for the company almost entirely. I'd still say JR is more of the last resort

McLegend
04-27-2010, 07:27 PM
You seem to be missing the point. JR is almost like the last resort, if he can't fix it no one can. I can almost guarantee a prerequisite for JR signing would be Russo being fired, he'd make the desire known from the get go. When you ask someone to come fix your mess, you don't tell them no. Ever.

They brought in Hogan and Bischoff too fix the mess...

How many more people do they need to bring to fix the mess before they ealize it a fuckin dump and it's not getting cleaned up?

Xero
04-27-2010, 07:28 PM
While I agree, I get the sense that they're at least TRYING. Russo seems to just wing it week after week

They're trying different things. But those different things can only take you so far, and then there's stuff like the RVD title hot shot. They hot shotted the title to RVD because RAW had a weak show (this is what I assume). You can't do that every week, just like you can't debut someone every week.

They have to look in the long term, and it seems that they may not be doing that.

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 07:30 PM
They brought in Hogan and Bischoff too fix the mess...

They've been trying to get Hogan for years though, giving him a title was just needed to entice him to sign

How many more people do they need to bring to fix the mess before they ealize it a fuckin dump and it's not getting cleaned up?

Like I said, they'd pretty much be forced to realize that if JR can't do it, no one can. What happens after that would be anyone's guess

McLegend
04-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Hogan and Bischoff, without creative control, are actually fine.

Hell, Bischoff on the purely business side of things, like promotions and production, would be fine, but again, keep him off creative.

I still would question Bischoff on the business side tbh.

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Nah, Bischoff is pretty gold in a business only aspect. But as soon as he says "I have an idea..." to creative it all goes downhill. Dude just doesn't have it anymore

McLegend
04-27-2010, 07:33 PM
They've been trying to get Hogan for years though, giving him a title was just needed to entice him to sign

Like I said, they'd pretty much be forced to realize that if JR can't do it, no one can. What happens after that would be anyone's guess

You don't bring in a guy who just recovered from a stroke(or whatever it was) to run your company... Sadly.

McLegend
04-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Nah, Bischoff is pretty gold in a business only aspect. But as soon as he says "I have an idea..." to creative it all goes downhill. Dude just doesn't have it anymore

What successful thing did he ever do when he didn't have Ted Turner's money?

FearedSanctity
You don't bring in a guy who just recovered from a stroke(or whatever it was) to run your company... Sadly.

I agree, but desperate times.....

Xero

Honestly, I don't think he had a brilliant idea outside of the nWo in WCW in terms of creative. I don't know exactly what he was responsible for, but I would think he'd be splooging over creating guys and pushing them creatively. Again, creatively, so that leaves out stuff like bringing in cruisers.

Goldberg might be another, actually...

kareru
04-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Honestly, I don't think he had a brilliant idea outside of the nWo in WCW in terms of creative. I don't know exactly what he was responsible for, but I would think he'd be splooging over creating guys and pushing them creatively. Again, creatively, so that leaves out stuff like bringing in cruisers.

Goldberg might be another, actually...

it was his idea to move to mondays with nitro

Xero
04-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Creatively. That isn't creative, it's more production.

KIRA
04-27-2010, 09:00 PM
I cant see Heyman wanting to work alongside the likes of Bischoff and hogan even with 100%
creative those two would probably have to be gone first

kareru
04-27-2010, 09:01 PM
heyman is too busy playing perez hilton to bother with wrestling stuff

Xero
04-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Right, which is why TNA would have to go to ridiculous lengths if they wanted him. I don't think Heyman wants in, but with the right price tag and power? I could see it.

And he isn't worth 7 figures no matter what, but I could see TNA giving it to him.

FearedSanctity
04-27-2010, 09:06 PM
To get Heyman Spike would likely have to step in and offer to produce some shows or something like that

kareru
04-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Right, which is why TNA would have to go to ridiculous lengths if they wanted him. I don't think Heyman wants in, but with the right price tag and power? I could see it.

And he isn't worth 7 figures no matter what, but I could see TNA giving it to him.

that's where mr carter and panda would have to cough up some dough
but im sure it would be considered pocket change

kareru
04-27-2010, 09:23 PM
its a much better ratings war over here anyway
one week impact is on top the next its smackdown then raw then its impact then its raw
it really is close, shame they dont matter