PDA

View Full Version : HBO's Treme

Boomer
04-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Being a huge fan of The Wire, HBO's Treme is right down my alley. Its basically a spiritual sequel; as Treme deals with the history of New Orleans and Katrina in the same way that The Wire dealt with the drug trade (among other things) and Baltimore.

I've watched the first few episodes, and I'm really enjoying it. Have any of you caught it? I highly recommend it. The Wire probably dealt with more continuous backstories than any other show I had ever seen, and this show feels like its heading in the same direction.

Guess we'll have to wait on Krispy to give us a verdict on how terrible this show portrays NO.

Boondock Saint
04-28-2010, 11:52 PM
I like it a lot. Theme song is great too.

It's a slow burn like The Wire so don't go in expecting a fast-paced show. But definitely worth checking out.

Buzzkill
05-01-2010, 11:34 AM
I adore The Wire, but even so it was a slog to watch at times. I can't imagine watching The Wire minus everything exciting.

Ogen
05-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Turned this off 40 minutes into the opener, just wasn't in the mood to watch it more than anything. Think I'll wait till it has an entire season done then get stuck into it at once rather than week by week.

Kris P Lettus
05-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Guess we'll have to wait on Krispy to give us a verdict on how terrible this show portrays NO.

I worked on it and it is good for the film biz down here..

I am all for it..

Mr. Nerfect
05-16-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm really excited for this show. I loved The Wire. The action in The Wire didn't come from movement or such, but rather just how deep and thought-out the characters were. The only cop who ever fired his gun in The Wire was Prez.

Definitely looking forward to this. I hope you yanks are fucking enjoying it. :y:

RoXer
07-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Downloading the 1st season right now

Triple A
07-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Yeah I dunno. I have all the episodes downloaded but haven't heard anything about this show that tells me it was amazing. Will probably watch it in about 6-7 years if/when everyone starts "raving" about how it is "one of the most under appreciated shows of all time."

Ogen
07-19-2010, 03:46 PM
I watched teh first one and quite liked it. Its on my to do list.

IC Champion
07-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Amazing TV show. Starts off kinda slow in the first couple episodes, but they really spend the first few trying to lay the foundation for season one and the rest of the series. Very well written and produced for a TV show, but who would you expect from the creator of The Wire.

This is the next "great" show everyone always talks about.

PapaGeorgio
09-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Watched first two episodes of this, loving it thus far. Love all the music in it, downloaded a torrent of it all. It's a little slow at times, but that hasn't really bothered me at all thus far. With The Wire, had more trouble with the slowness. Though only couple episodes in thus far so we'll see.