PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown's worst acting job

Rain Man
04-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Who agrees with me that the Big Show, Torrie Wilson promo with Show flipping the car was just plain stupid! First Torrie Wilson should just stick to playboy because she can not act for shit! And i was dieing when Show couldn't kick the window open untill the like 3rd time. What about when Torrie fell when she was running away? Wow that is one of the worst promos i ahve ever seen in the WWE.. who else agrees, disagrees?

ilt_undertaker
04-15-2004, 10:50 PM
<font color=Silver>If Torrie were just standing there and not talkin, just maybe like 3 screems and then runnin away (or runnin away period), then maybe that segment wouldnt have been so bad

I like Show, he's one of my favorite people on Smackdown now

BTW, you should insert a *Spolier* warning in your topic title</font>

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Well, it looks like they've killed off Kurt Angle.

Mikey
04-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Oh My God The Big Show killed Kurt Angle! You Bastard! :shifty:

ilt_undertaker
04-15-2004, 11:09 PM
<font color=Silver>Poor Kurt!!!!!!!! :'(</font>

Mr. JL
04-15-2004, 11:25 PM
lol

loopydate
04-15-2004, 11:26 PM
Must... Wait... For... Caption... Pics...

ilt_undertaker
04-15-2004, 11:37 PM
:lol:

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-15-2004, 11:38 PM
I don't know what else there is to say but Smackdown has resorted to killing off members of their roster in an effort to boost ratings, it just gets worse every week.

I just hope they don't do some coma storyline where he wakes out of it to come back at Great American Bash or something.

Funky Fly
04-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Dude, it Kurt feakin' Angle!

He won the Olympics with a broken freakin' neck. I think he can handle a 30 foot fall and possible brain damage. :roll:

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Dude, it Kurt feakin' Angle!

He won the Olympics with a broken freakin' neck. I think he can handle a 30 foot fall and possible brain damage. :roll:

Smackdown Preview 4/22/04: In rememberance of Kurt Angle, or will he ressurect for the good of this nation, tune in to find out. Also, see how RVD reacts to Bookers callous backstabbing.

ColdwaVer
04-16-2004, 12:22 AM
*lights go out*

*gong*

"at Judgment Day, an Olympic Hero will rise again.........."
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
Angle returns in a cowboy hat. The one Austin gave him in 2001. :shifty:

rob11
04-16-2004, 12:41 AM
lmao

Corkscrewed
04-16-2004, 12:46 AM
Spoilers jackass!

:p (I thought it was just a regular topic, not on tonight's episode.

PureHatred
04-16-2004, 01:39 AM
I think Big Show's acting was pretty good actually. The anguish, the near to tears expression...good times. Torrie was about as good as Carmen Electra in Starsky&Hutch. Which isn't saying alot but implants make for good distractions.

Savio
04-16-2004, 01:57 AM
Big show was angle was good and the back stage hand was decent.

Kane Knight
04-16-2004, 01:57 AM
The WWE needs to decide what they want out of the Divas.

If they want T&A (Though largely fake and disturbing), they're doing good.

If they want women who can act and wrestle, they need to reassess their shit.

Savio
04-16-2004, 02:08 AM
This just in Big show versus Kurt Angle next week if Kurt angle wins Big show goes to jail but if Big show wins he gets away with it.

Corkscrewed
04-16-2004, 02:22 AM
You think Big Show will face ANY criminal investigation at all? :p

Anyway, Torrie was really bad. Especially that little slip at the end and the shriek of terror (and the tugging of her skirt down) and then running away like a... I dunno. That had me laughing my head off.

This was agreat display of the Show's strength. I dunno if the car windows were doctored or not. They didn't look like it, but that was some crazy window smashing. Paul Wight is a vastly underrated actor.

Anyway, part of me wonders if this will pave the way for Big Show taking some time off to nurse his injuries. As for Angle... I dunno where that'll lead to, but if he's back on SD! next week with a little bandage on his head, I'll laugh my head off.

Head
04-16-2004, 02:23 AM
I dunno, it was definatly terrible acting, but the thing is, I don't watch wrestling to see Hollywood level performances. I've become so used to bad acting in the WWE over the years, that I now see it as one of their signature qualities, and I get a kick out of it. For anybody that has played Resident Evil games, I would say this is very similar to the horrible voice acting in the series - it becomes so entrenched in the product that you associate one with the other.

I eagerly await many more D acting jobs in the future.

Kane Knight
04-16-2004, 02:33 AM
You think Big Show will face ANY criminal investigation at all? :p
It happened on TV. Would they really need to do much investigating?

Mark Furhman couldn't fu</>ck this one.

Wondermouse
04-16-2004, 02:34 AM
This was agreat display of the Show's strength. I dunno if the car windows were doctored or not. They didn't look like it, but that was some crazy window smashing. Paul Wight is a vastly underrated actor.

I agree, good acting job by Wight. I don't think the windows were doctored, as Big Show had little cuts all over his face.

Kane Knight
04-16-2004, 02:35 AM
Not to mention the multipleattempts deal.

Savio
04-16-2004, 02:39 AM
Head you are back!
Perhaps the engine and some other stuff were taken out.

Head
04-16-2004, 03:07 AM
Head you are back!
More part time. Just had some stuff I had to take care of, and I couldn't be distracted at all really for a few months.

Robert Goulet
04-16-2004, 04:23 AM
I don't think Torrie's acting was that bad at all in that promo.

Linda McMahon's acting during the skit where Bischoff broke into the house still stands as the worst acting job ever.

Elements
04-16-2004, 09:16 AM
*lights go out*

*gong*

"at Judgment Day, an Olympic Hero will rise again.........."
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
Angle returns in a cowboy hat. The one Austin gave him in 2001. :shifty:

I'd actually want to see that....

Goldbird
04-16-2004, 09:29 AM
A role for Show in Hollywood!

ItsTimeForAChange
04-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Too bad Paul Wight can never live up to the acting ability of Andre the Giant in "The Princess Bride". :)

rockyrocky
04-16-2004, 12:29 PM
It was destined to be crap cause it had show in it. I can't remember the last time he did a good, believable promo/segment.

The CyNick
04-16-2004, 12:42 PM
I thought it was great on Show's part, and it made him look like a scary monster again. However, Torrie is just a really bad actress. I think Sable would have been much more effective in this role, or even dawn Marie, but Torrie is on all the magazine covers, so.

They really need to get Tori some acting lessons.

Kane Knight
04-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Too bad Paul Wight can never live up to the acting ability of Andre the Giant in "The Princess Bride". :)
Comeon, Andre was his father! He's got it in his blood! :shifty:

rockyrocky
04-16-2004, 12:48 PM

:lol: :lol:

ItsTimeForAChange
04-16-2004, 12:53 PM

lololol, he should have just rhymed

Big Show: "AM I FUNNY NOW TORRIE?"
Angle: "Now now Show, whats the story?"
Big Show: "Get away from me Kurt, I mean it!"
Angle: "Does anybody wanna peanut?"
Big Show: "THAT WAS MY LINE, AGHAGHAHGASHGEW!"

And then Angle died.

El Santo
04-16-2004, 01:03 PM
LOL!

And why am I imagining a "resurrected Kurt" angle similar to Captain Tenille, rising from the grave, in that kick ass Most Extreme Elimination Challenge promo?

Savio
04-16-2004, 01:08 PM
I see little 2 inch people making a half human, half robotic kurt.

ItsTimeForAChange
04-16-2004, 01:39 PM
LOL!

And why am I imagining a "resurrected Kurt" angle similar to Captain Tenille, rising from the grave, in that kick ass Most Extreme Elimination Challenge promo?

haha, MXC is the shit dude.

El Santo
04-16-2004, 01:59 PM
I don't know what else there is to say but Smackdown has resorted to killing off members of their roster in an effort to boost ratings, it just gets worse every week.

I just hope they don't do some coma storyline where he wakes out of it to come back at Great American Bash or something.

There is a worse angle they could possibly do. You may have remembered that this wouldn't be the first time "Smackdown!" hasn't killed someone off. And, er, Torrie Wilson was in this angle, too.

(Wait a minute... isn't Big Show's dad dead, too? Christ! Could this be leading to Kurt Angle and his Stable of the Undead?!?!?!)

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Judgement Day 2004:
The Olympic hero rises again to face Hollywood Captain Insano.

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Hes going to the graveyard of gimmicks to revive his ministry of fallen stars and stripes, cowboy hat and all...

RGWhat316
04-16-2004, 02:52 PM
That still was a holy shit moment. And of course they are heading back to the Big Show's a monster deal again. The last time I remember seeing that was when he rolled over Bossman's car a few years back. And the Torrie deal was kinda like a scary movie incident. The killer chases the girl, girl falls, and gets back running again.

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-16-2004, 03:01 PM
And the Torrie deal was kinda like a scary movie incident. The killer chases the girl, girl falls, and gets back running again.

Haha, too bad they couldn't have done it 80s slasher movie style and had her running away topless.

It was more like a third rate King Kong scenario, only Kurt took the deadly fall.