PDA

View Full Version : Superstars drafted to Smackdown

Beth Phoenix Fan
05-02-2010, 11:31 AM
whch new smackdown superstars do you think should get a major push(besides Big Show)?

Chavo Guerrero
MVP
Chris Masters
Christian
Kofi Kingston
Cody Rhodes

I hope Christian gets push where he wins the world title and holds it for a year and a half

Chris Masters, MVP, Cody Rhodes should have long IC Title Runs in the near future.

Nark Order
05-02-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm not going to be a huge knob to you because you are fairly new here but there are a couple threads on this subject already.

Mr. Nerfect
05-02-2010, 11:52 PM
I'd like to see Chavo Guerrero get a good heel push on SmackDown!. Even just something towards the mid-card, using Vickie Guerrero in the way that Drew McIntyre is using Vince McMahon. I would not even be opposed to seeing Chavo screw McIntyre out of the IC Title around Fatal Four Way, using his connections with the consultant to the GM, and that leading to McIntyre and Chavo being involved in a multi-person feud around that PPV.

Chris Masters is an interesting case. I like him as a face, but it's hard to really see depth there. I wouldn't mind Jack Swagger pointing out that Swagger did what Masters never got to do, despite being this "young prodigy," and that leading to a short series of matches between the two. A good run in the mid-card would suit The Masterpiece, in my opinion.

Christian should be the star of SmackDown!. He's the guy that should dethrone Jack Swagger, and from there become "The Face of SmackDown!." Eventually Christian should be able to end up back on RAW and look like a major star. For now, I like the idea of Christian just winning matches all over the place while Swagger deals with Big Show -- but he should be in the Fatal Four Way at, ugh, Fatal Four Way -- and not get pinned there, allowing him to perhaps earn a title shot by winning a SmackDown! Money in the Bank Ladder Match at Money in the Bank, and from there announce he is cashing in against Swagger at SummerSlam. There is Christian's journey to the top.

Cody Rhodes impressed me on SmackDown!. Right now, the blue brand needs heels, so I wouldn't recommend turning him; but I like the way that he's essentially playing a kid who may be a heel, but is out to prove himself. That's the sort of stuff that will allow Rhodes to turn face quite effectively in the future, which I think he will do really well at. I'd insert him into the IC Title scene as a guy who just wants to win a singles championship and climb the ranks. Simple stuff.

Hornswoggle should only be used to get Finlay over a bit more. He would make a great extra player in a feud against Dolph Ziggler. Finlay vs. Mr. Ziggles would just be an awesome feud, and you know it. They could even bring up Chavo Guerrero's heat with Horny as a way to segue into a Finlay vs. Chavo feud. The ring work there would be impressive for at least a few Superstars matches. This could all tie into the Chavo Guerrero/Vickie Guerrero/Drew McIntyre stuff, with Ziggler also joining the heels there as temporary allies until it all falls apart because Chavo wants to worm his way into the IC Title scene.

Kofi Kingston is fine doing the same sort of stuff as Christian right now. As someone who has already been US, IC and Tag Team Champion, the only logical path for Kofi is to claw his way into the main event scene. He seemed like a sure thing last year, so hopefully being away from Randy Orton helps him. A feud between Kofi Kingston and CM Punk could eventually be a star-maker. I could also see Kingston and Rey having a nice friendly rivalry over who the better high-flyer is.

MVP could use a heel turn in the near future, but right now I like the idea of an immediate feud between him and CM Punk. Teaming with Rey Mysterio could once again help MVP get over, so that his heel turn, when it actually happens, means something.