PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer getting brand new games?

BigDaddyCool
05-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Or can you wait for them to be super cheap used games?

I ask because I just got Assassin's Creed for $15 and am very pleased I only paid $15. That game is fun, maybe even $20 fun, but it looks like it will get tedious finding everying and mashing the attack buttons to kill enemies.

Also I like to rent games before buying them brand new as well just incase the game is a complete let down. I don't know the last game I just bought straight up new.

Discuss your preference on getting games.

screech
05-04-2010, 11:52 AM
I like buying games new, but I like to rent (or play someone else's) before I buy.

screech
05-04-2010, 11:53 AM
The only time I can think of when I bought used games was beefing up my N64 collection.

Triple Naitch
05-04-2010, 11:57 AM
I prefer to buy new, but if a game has been out for a while and the used copy is significantly cheaper then I'll go used.

Boomer
05-04-2010, 12:31 PM
I will always wait for a sale, and if there isn't one coming, I will buy used. I still buy games pretty rarely.

The Jayman
05-04-2010, 12:42 PM
I will only buy games new if they are games that I just gotta have. I usually buy annual titles new like Call of Duty and WWE games. Other than that I will wait for a price drop of buy used

BigDaddyCool
05-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I will only buy games new if they are games that I just gotta have. I usually buy annual titles new like Call of Duty and WWE games. Other than that I will wait for a price drop of buy used

I don't even get annual titles.

The Jayman
05-04-2010, 01:00 PM
I don't even get annual titles.

I have a friend who is basically religious about getting the annual football games. He will be at the gamestop the second they open to get it the day its released

BigDaddyCool
05-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Gay

Kane Knight
05-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm surprised nobody's bitched you out about your description of AC yet.

Anyway, i get most of my games used or on the cheap. Fuck full price.

Fignuts
05-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Yeah most of my games I get used. When I'm really pumped for a release, I'll buy new, but that's rare.

OssMan
05-04-2010, 02:12 PM
There are like 4359 games that I am currently playing and all the new ones that look good that are coming out will be cheaper by the time I finish all of these games and actually get around to playing the new ones. I like this system I created.

Big Fat Mike
05-04-2010, 02:41 PM
I usually rent-and-marathon

Lord-Of-Darkness
05-04-2010, 02:42 PM
I've never rented a game before, but I usually get them from ebay or Amazon. The only exceptions being games that I'm really looking forward to/ always get. Like Arkham Asylum, or the SvR games.

BigDaddyCool
05-04-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm surprised nobody's bitched you out about your description of AC yet.

Anyway, i get most of my games used or on the cheap. Fuck full price.

Kylax isn't here. Infact I haven't seen him around lately.

Fignuts
05-04-2010, 03:16 PM
He is on some sort of halo/street fighter marathon binge. Authorities will find him dead in a pool of mountain dew game fuel and Doritos.

BigDaddyCool
05-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Probably

G
05-04-2010, 04:58 PM
99% of my games come from Goozex (http://www.goozex.com)

Vietnamese Crippler
05-04-2010, 06:30 PM
I used to buy games within a week of when they are released in stores, but then I realized there's no point in buying games brand new when I can buy the same games used off eBay within a month for $15 to $20 off.

Kane Knight
05-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Kylax isn't here. Infact I haven't seen him around lately.

Kalyx isn't the only offender on that. In fact, I wasn't thinking of him.

PapaGeorgio
05-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Been using goozex lately, don't mind used or selling mine off. Will by some new though on rare occasions.

Xero
05-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm really behind, so if I started to pick up everything I've wanted now, I'd save AT LEAST 50% off everything.

Normally I buy new, but that's only because I forget about games I actually want if I don't buy them within the first month or so.

Though I wouldn't do this with a game that is heavily multiplayer. If it's something like Call of Duty, I'd buy it new the first few weeks instead of waiting a long time to pick it up. I also wouldn't buy used unless I was saving at least 40% so it takes a while.

Razzamajazz
05-04-2010, 09:45 PM
gamefly is my friend, except alot of the time the new stuff is all out

Emperor Smeat
05-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Rarely pay full price for new games since my buying sweet spot is the $20 - $30 range for game prices. Only end up paying full price if its a game I really want and waited for release (GTA Episodes disc, Muramasa, Zelda Majora's Mask).

If I can get a new copy for cheap I tend to buy new but if the game is old or new copies are priced too high, I end up buying used since it really doesn't matter. Only thing I want is at least a manual with the game for a used copy.

dronepool
05-04-2010, 10:03 PM
I usually buy games new if I'm really looking forward to it (God Of War 3, Arkham Asylum) I actually prefer to save money on games by getting them used but there's just a few titles that I don't mind paying 60 bucks on the first week or whatever. But other than that each time I want to buy a game, I look in the used section first.

Drakul
05-05-2010, 01:25 AM
I only buy brand new games when they are ones I'm really anticipating like Super Street Fighter IV or Red Dead Redemption.
If I ever fancy buying a "new" game because I've finished what I have or I'm bored of them, I'll usually go for the cheap/used stuff.

LuigiD
05-05-2010, 01:35 AM
I can't afford new games so I tend to buy them used. I also tend to wait a couple of months for them to go down. I am a big fan of half.com since they have tons of cheap games. Very rarely do I buy games brand new..it has to be something I really want.

Funky Fly
05-05-2010, 06:58 AM
I buy new if I can't wait for it. Otherwise, the bargain bin is my friend. Got a new copy of Bionic Commando for $10 yesterday.

DAMN iNATOR
05-05-2010, 08:21 AM

This.

Kane Knight
05-05-2010, 12:24 PM
I only buy brand new games when they are ones I'm really anticipating like Super Street Fighter IV or Red Dead Redemption.
If I ever fancy buying a "new" game because I've finished what I have or I'm bored of them, I'll usually go for the cheap/used stuff.

Another element is the online. if I want a game for its online, I try and get it asap. You know, because the communities deteriorate.

So one of the reasons I'm getting RDR at launch is the online shit.

BigDaddyCool
05-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Well I never get games that are online, so it doesn't bother me. Though I completely understand that mentality.