PDA

View Full Version : Is Brock Lesnar WWE HOF Bound? Worthy?

Xero
05-06-2010, 01:00 PM
So I was thinking. Brock was pushed to the moon, was over to a ridiculous extent, and had all the skills (maybe sans mic) to back it up. However, he burned WWE pretty badly after that mega push.

Do you think he is WWE HOF Bound?

And do you think he is worthy of getting into a Hall of Fame based on his pro wrestling merits? This does not take into account how lax WWE's HOF criteria is. It's purely in your opinion if he's worthy of a HOF induction.

Note that this assumes that Brock is done entirely with pro wrestling. It's all based on what he's done up to now.

Afterlife
05-06-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't see why.

McLegend
05-06-2010, 01:21 PM
I won't be shocked if he gets in, but he isn't a Hall of Famer.

James Steele
05-06-2010, 01:26 PM
No.

GD
05-06-2010, 01:32 PM
I would say yes. He definitely made a big time impact in his short lived wwe career. He won the KOTR, took out big names and held the coveted WWE Championship a whooping 3 times in a span of 2 years.

Rollermacka
05-06-2010, 01:38 PM
So I was thinking. Brock was pushed to the moon, was over to a ridiculous extent, and had all the skills (maybe sans mic) to back it up. However, he burned WWE pretty badly after that mega push.

Do you think he is WWE HOF Bound?

And do you think he is worthy of getting into a Hall of Fame based on his pro wrestling merits? This does not take into account how lax WWE's HOF criteria is. It's purely in your opinion if he's worthy of a HOF induction.

Note that this assumes that Brock is done entirely with pro wrestling. It's all based on what he's done up to now.

I would say no, but the WWE offered the Ultimate Warrior a spot in this years HOF didnt they? I see Vince offering Goldberg a spot in the HOF, so it wouldnt suprise me if they give a spot to Brock in a few years

jerichoholicninja
05-06-2010, 01:39 PM
In kayfabe maybe. Otherwise no.

James Steele
05-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Brock Lesnar is the one who put the WWE in the situation they were in from 05-06 where they had to push Cena/Batista to the moon very quickly.

Next Big Thing
05-06-2010, 01:52 PM
If he gets in it will be based more along the lines of what he could have been had he stayed and his accomplishments as a crossover athlete to a certain extent. There is no doubt in my mind that if Brock stayed fully committed to WWE, with his work ethic his finisher would be a shooting star press and he'd be a top guy... unless he was facing HHH or Cena then it's the Pedigree or zany duct tape, pick your poison.

Personally, I think putting him in would further cheapen what I already consider a bullshit HOF (Coco before Savage!?) (Fuck that why Coco at all?). He was only around I believe three years. Yes Brock put on some great matches and was a hell of an athlete, but his departure didn't leave a void big enough to warrant putting him in after such a short tenure. There may have been some temporary discomfort, but it's not the same as when Hall and Nash left or Shawn taking four years off.

You could perhaps say the same thing about The Rock, but the difference is when people think WWE/ Attitude Era/ Pro Wrestling The Rock left a big enough legacy to be one of the faces thought of and names mentioned. Brock is a guy you may think of more for individual matches or athletic fetes, but not the genre as a whole, but let's be honest... if Brock goes on another tear in his UFC comeback Vince will do it just for the ratings and ticket sales.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Why do some fans take it so personally that he left?

VSG
05-06-2010, 04:09 PM
He is definitely worthy, but I say he won't be a member unless as a inductee into the celebrity wing (???)

Favre4Ever
05-06-2010, 04:14 PM
I think not. But I could see them doing it in an effort to get one more match out of him.

Mr. Pierre
05-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Brock Lesnar > Koko B. Ware

But besides that comparison, I think he should be in the Hall of Fame. He won the KOTR, became Champion, won the Rumble, and main evented WM as a babyface all in one year. Pretty incredible. And also, he was an awesome wrestler.

RiX1024
05-06-2010, 05:34 PM
If he didn't quit to play football, yeah i can see him as a Hall of Famer but he blew it.

Volare
05-06-2010, 05:51 PM
IF wrestlemania comes to Minnesota (by act of god, besides the Metrodome I don't know where they could do it.) then he might have a shot. Then again it would probably be all AWA getting inducted there.

Kane Knight
05-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Why do some fans take it so personally that he left?

Because wrestling is serious business.

Ruien
05-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Because we had to put up with John Cena when he was still green.

Vastardikai
05-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Third guy to hold a World Title in both MMA and Pro-Wrestling (If you count Dan Severn's and Ken Shamrock's runs as NWA Champion).

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-06-2010, 07:03 PM
If he didn't quit to play football, yeah i can see him as a Hall of Famer but he blew it.

What exactly did he blow?

St. Jimmy
05-06-2010, 07:54 PM
No.

Afterlife
05-07-2010, 03:27 AM
I would say no, but the WWE offered the Ultimate Warrior a spot in this years HOF didnt they? I see Vince offering Goldberg a spot in the HOF, so it wouldnt suprise me if they give a spot to Brock in a few years

"Ultimate Warrior" and "Goldberg", regardless of how good they were, are names that are synonymous with professional wrestling. You say either of those names, and people know what you're talking about. Brock doesn't have that kind of connection.

I won't be surprised, I guess, I would be very disappointed.

DaVe
05-07-2010, 03:34 AM
Yes.

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 03:40 AM
He's a pretty cool guy, but I don't think he's that cool

Kane Knight
05-07-2010, 08:49 AM
"Ultimate Warrior" and "Goldberg", regardless of how good they were, are names that are synonymous with professional wrestling. You say either of those names, and people know what you're talking about. Brock doesn't have that kind of connection.

I won't be surprised, I guess, I would be very disappointed.

That's because you're not calling him by his better known alias, cocksword.

DAMN iNATOR
05-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Worthy? Maybe. HoF bound? Probably not.

BillyBonez
05-07-2010, 10:47 AM
The fact here is that the HOF has some guys who arent really wrestlers, like Pete Rose. If Pete Rose can get into the WWE Hall Of Fame, than Lesnar, who if he didnt leave, would have probably been the face of the WWE for a long time should definetely go in and I think he will.

But it doesnt matter if he doesnt. The fact is that Brock Lesnar is the best MMA fighter in the world and after his career is done will be known as an absolute MMA legend which face it is a bigger honor than being in the WWE hall of fame could EVER be.

So it doesnt really matter!

tjmidnight420
05-07-2010, 10:52 AM
I don't think Brock's HOF bound. Worthy? Yes, but based on his ability, not his time in the squared circle.

Rammsteinmad
05-07-2010, 11:35 AM
I'd say yes, but not for a long time, there are certainly more deserving people out there.

But on the other hand, the HOF is a joke anyway. If Cyndi Lauper can get in, fuck me Brock Lesnar definitely should go in.

Swiss Ultimate
05-07-2010, 12:39 PM
I honestly think he might return one day when he can no longer compete in MMA. That might just be me being hopefully delusional.

He's definitely too young to be in the HOF now.

BillyBonez
05-07-2010, 12:45 PM
I honestly think he might return one day when he can no longer compete in MMA. That might just be me being hopefully delusional.

He's definitely too young to be in the HOF now.

I dont think he will have any reason to go the WWE once he finishes his MMA career. That would be like crapping on a cake. After his MMA career he will be set in life and known as the greatest MMA fighter of our time, why would he go to the WWE again?

Swiss Ultimate
05-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I dunno, Ken Shamrock ruined his legacy in MMA twice over, first by jobbing in the WWF then by jobbing to Tito.

Bobby Lashley still does both...

Also, Brock Lesnar seemed to enjoy himself in the ring.