PDA

View Full Version : EGM is back, bitches!

Fignuts
05-08-2010, 01:51 AM
Was strolling through the magazine aisle today, and when I saw it, I just about crapped myself.

Apparently, the first ever editor of the magazine, bought the rights, and has started putting it out again. So it's not just a bunch of scrubs using the EGM name. He even brought sushi x back!!!!

It's pretty fucking awesome. Sooooooooooo many awesome articles in here. It's a pretty thick mag. Lots of reading but it's all good. Only dissapointment is that 3 man reviews are gone, although they still do the second opinion thing for some games.

LuigiD
05-08-2010, 01:53 AM
I had a subscription to it went it went broke. I had like 2 issues left..I was pissed. I wonder if I will get 2 of the new ones? I doubt it.

dronepool
05-08-2010, 01:55 AM
I liked EGM, but with the internet- what's the point of reading those few week old reviews? IGN and Gamespot have reviews up really quick and there's ton's of videogame sites who report news.

The only thing exclusive is certain interviews, I guess. Maybe I'll pick the first issue for nostalgia's sake.

LuigiD
05-08-2010, 01:59 AM
I liked EGM, but with the internet- what's the point of reading those few week old reviews? IGN and Gamespot have reviews up really quick and there's ton's of videogame sites who report news.

The only thing exclusive is certain interviews, I guess. Maybe I'll pick the first issue for nostalgia's sake.
This.
I try not to rely on reviewers to show me what games to buy. But sometimes they are quite useful. Its also nice to read reviews for those times I am caught between buying two different games. I think Video Game mags are just waiting to die..just my negative opinion tho.

Fignuts
05-08-2010, 02:03 AM
The articles about the industry, and the people involved, are always a great read. Also, magazines still get a lot of exclusives, and still have in-depth previews of stuff that hasn't reached the net yet.

And EGM's reviews are far more credible than any website. They certainly didn't pull any punches in this new issue.

Fignuts
05-08-2010, 02:05 AM
OXM is another underrated mag. Like egm, every issue there are several things I hadn't seen on the net yet. And I'm here every day.

New issue of Game Informer has screenshots of Marvel vs Capcom 3. You seen any on the net?

dronepool
05-08-2010, 02:39 AM
True, but they'll be uploaded soon. But yeah, like I said the only good thing is they get certain exclusives a few days before they hit the net.

Kalyx triaD
05-08-2010, 03:12 AM
I want a staff list. A name is just a name and the EGM I've collected for over ten years is more than a name.

dronepool
05-08-2010, 03:24 AM
I usually throw away like 85% of magazines out to save space for comics, that's why I'm picky on what I buy when it comes to magazines.

Kane Knight
05-08-2010, 09:07 AM
And EGM's reviews are far more credible than any website. They certainly didn't pull any punches in this new issue.

Yeah, they always took the brave position of middle of the road, and to Hell with the consequences.

ClockShot
05-08-2010, 01:18 PM
I had a subscription to it went it went broke. I had like 2 issues left..I was pissed. I wonder if I will get 2 of the new ones? I doubt it.

You should have gotten a replacement magazine. I'm getting Maxim magazine in place of it.

But this is good news, but I wonder if I'll be getting it again, or do I have to re-subscribe.

Kane Knight
05-08-2010, 02:48 PM
If past experience on such publications holds, you'll probably have to resubscribe.