PDA

View Full Version : Eminem - Recovery

The Franchise
05-14-2010, 02:36 AM
I did a search and couldnt find a thread about this.

So Eminem has a new album coming out in June called Recovery (aka Relapse 2).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recovery_%28Eminem_album%29

I haven't liked anything he's done since Eminem Show but maybe this will be decent. Hopefully he has lost the goofy accent by now.

First song came out pretty recently called "Not Afraid"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OQmaEAM042E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OQmaEAM042E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kalyx triaD
05-14-2010, 02:39 AM
Yeah, some guy on XBox Live told me about this (completely random, we weren't even talking about Em, he just out and announced it).

dronepool
05-14-2010, 02:47 AM
I like the verses but not the singing chorus.

El Tigre
05-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Eminem is the only artist whose albums I still buy (thank you internet) and this album is just another page in the history of someone who is easily in the top ten best rappers of all time. Can't wait to add this album to my collection.

Buzzkill
05-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Verses sound infinitely better than what he put out with Relapse.

He's had some amazing guest spots recently (Forever by Drake and Drop the World by Lil Wayne). If this album lives up to those I will be very psyched

Volchok
05-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I heard or read somewhere there will be no "skits" on the cd.

Volchok
05-20-2010, 01:00 PM
"And to the fans, I'll never let you down again, I'm back
I promise to never go back on that promise, in fact
Let's be honest, that last Relapse CD was "ehhhh"
Perhaps I ran them accents into the ground
Relax, I ain't going back to that now"

atleast he knows Relapse sucked.

El Tigre
05-20-2010, 03:59 PM
This is good. I'll admit while I did enjoy Relapse, I couldn't help but notice that he was sporting a different accent kind of heavily. I'm actually a little upset over the removal of the "skits", they were funny in that really corny sense, but I can see how Eminem has grown enough to realize that he doesn't need something as juvenile as them in order to push his albums.

Kalyx triaD
05-20-2010, 04:06 PM
I look forward to this. Any rapper who doesn't talk about rims and bitches all day is already better than most (there are exceptions like Drake), though Em proved his superior status ages ago. Both his classic and modern style can hold up (like Jay-Z's different yet viable styles).

Savio
05-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Hope this album is at least on the same level as his 3rd.

Relax, I ain’t going back to that now
All I’m tryna say is get back, click-clack BLAOW
Really is that all you are trying to say, lol.

Savio
05-21-2010, 12:21 AM
This is pretty good:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lyTbrhyxHZY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lyTbrhyxHZY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

OverTaker
05-21-2010, 03:31 AM
Wow, Eminem is coming out of the box swinging!

Kalyx triaD
05-21-2010, 03:55 AM
Hot damn.

Savio
05-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Yo, Eminem is coming back:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJ4QmOGMiiI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJ4QmOGMiiI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kalyx triaD
05-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Dude rippin it. Shit.

Fignuts
05-28-2010, 02:46 PM
I am kind of sick of eminem.

Not so much his rhymes but his voice. It's like nails on a chalkboard, at this point.

Cooler Tom Schuler
05-28-2010, 05:05 PM
How can you be sick of him? He's only released 1 album in the last six years.

Let's be honest, that last Relapse CD was "ehhhh"
Perhaps I ran them accents into the ground
Relax, I ain't going back to that now"

This exactly what bothered me most about Relapse. I really respect his ability to recognize/remedy that.

Heros Welcome
05-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Track listing was released for Recovery

Recovery Tracklist:
1. "Cold Wind Blows"
2. "Talkin' 2 Myself" (featuring Kobe)
3. "On Fire"
4. "Won't Back Down" (featuring Pink)
5. "W.T.P."
6. "Going Through Changes"
7. "Not Afraid"
8. "Seduction"
9. "No Love" (featuring Lil Wayne)
10. "Space Bound"
11. "Cinderella Man"
12. "25 To Life"
13 "So Bad"
14. "Almost Famous"
15. "Love the Way You Lie" (featuring Rihanna)
16. "You're Never Over"

Can't wait to hear "No Love" with Wayne. Thought drop the world was awesome, and I expect this song to be on the same level.

Also great to see Em finally opening up and working with other artists. Granted its Pink and Rhianna, but still great to see.

Kalyx triaD
05-30-2010, 07:54 PM
The fuck is Rhianna doing in this? And Lil Wayne for that matter? Fuck sake.

dronepool
05-30-2010, 08:22 PM
The guest appearances suck hard :( Ugh...

Cooler Tom Schuler
05-30-2010, 11:56 PM
I don't mind Lil Wayne, but I wish harm upon Rihanna.

dronepool
06-01-2010, 04:15 AM
Agreed, I'm not a fan of any of those people but she's the combo breaker. Thank satan for iTunes where you can edit her song out of the playlist.

Buzzkill
06-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Don't understand why people hate on Wayne so much.

He really is one of the best rappers out there, people just immediately write him off because of what he represents, I suppose.

Savio
06-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I hope its just rihanna on the hook.

Miotch
06-01-2010, 06:08 PM

He really is one of the best rappers out there, people just immediately write him off because of what he represents, I suppose.
I wouldn't even put Wayne in my top 10 (probably even 20) rappers out there.

dronepool
06-02-2010, 02:01 AM

Really? What makes you say that? I'm not a fan but he's pretty decent with certain things but that's a pretty bold statement to make considering that there's a lot of rappers that are better than him.

Comparing him to the cease pool of shitty mainstream rappers of course he'll seem like one of the better ones. I could get if you like someone, but calling them one of the best needs some support :p

Kalyx triaD
06-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Wayne is highly overrated and self impressed at lines that are neither clever or compelling.

Savio
06-02-2010, 09:56 AM
I would have rather seen him work with Royce than anyone on that list

Heros Welcome
06-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Eminem in a recent interview:

"I've always respected what Wayne does, and Wayne, to me, is definitely one of the greatest in the game right now. As far as the songs with Pink and Rihanna ... when I did the song that I did with Pink, I laid my parts first and kind of heard her on the record and felt that she would smash this record. And the other one I did with Rihanna is one of those tracks that I felt like only she could pull it off, only she could do it."

Heros Welcome
06-04-2010, 01:28 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fSnJ4VU_OKA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fSnJ4VU_OKA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kalyx triaD
06-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Drum track's kinda loud but I love it.

Buzzkill
06-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Really? What makes you say that? I'm not a fan but he's pretty decent with certain things but that's a pretty bold statement to make considering that there's a lot of rappers that are better than him.

Comparing him to the cease pool of shitty mainstream rappers of course he'll seem like one of the better ones. I could get if you like someone, but calling them one of the best needs some support :p
To me, it's a combination of his ability to change up his flow to match and enhance any beat, his creative use of inflections and vocal eccentricities, superhuman density of puns and double entendres, consistently difficult and complex rhyme schemes, and pure abundance of quotable lines.

Listening to Lil Wayne is like mining for gold, with tons of hidden treasures and gems scattered throughout every song. A lot of people don't actually listen to verses in rap, and just kind of listen to how the rapper sounds, but most rappers' most clever and witty lines are just throwaways at the end of a mixtape for Wayne.

Sure, he doesn't rap about political justice or deep philosophical insights, but why the hell would I want to hear Lil Wayne's thoughts on social harmony? In fact, why would I want to hear any rappers' thoughts on the matter?

It's something people hugely overrate in a rapper imo. People love Immortal Technique because they think he is intelligent and incisive, but he's actually a moron who has no idea what he's talking about. Plus his rhyming is elementary and flow is weak. Don't get me wrong, I love indie rappers, but people tend to overstate their talent simply by virtue of them being indie. Sure, someone like Slug is a great rapper, but in the end he is not nearly as technically impressive

Ultimately, Wayne works harder than any rapper in the business, and it's reflected in his work. Plus, he sounds like he's just having so much fun on every song he's on.

Of currently active rappers, the only one I'd say is better on a technical level is...well, Eminem. Jay-Z is close and one could easily argue that he's better than Wayne, it's all a matter of taste.

Buzzkill
06-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Also, I used to be one of those people that only listened to indie rap and hated everything mainstream, including Lil Wayne. Until I started listening to his mixtapes.

Kalyx triaD
06-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Can't even believe you said all that about Lil Wayne.

Miotch
06-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Of currently active rappers, the only one I'd say is better on a technical level is...well, Eminem. Jay-Z is close and one could easily argue that he's better than Wayne, it's all a matter of taste.

Pretty much sums your stance up. Not going to belittle your opinion here, but I will say that I disagree with your opinions with every fiber of my being.

I'd recommend you some amazing MCs to check out, but they don't get played on top 40 radio, so you'd probably not be all that into it.

Buzzkill
06-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Pretty much sums your stance up. Not going to belittle your opinion here, but I will say that I disagree with your opinions with every fiber of my being.

I'd recommend you some amazing MCs to check out, but they don't get played on top 40 radio, so you'd probably not be all that into it.
I listen to all rap. I love rap, including tons of unknown rappers.

In fact, I strongly dislike almost all top-40 rap (or top-40 anything, for that matter).

I'm always down to find new rappers to listen to, so I welcome your suggestions.

Savio
06-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Lil wayne is good, people need to stop copying him though.

Savio
06-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Drum track's kinda loud but I love it.I agree, but I only think its OK

Buzzkill
06-04-2010, 05:34 PM
By the way, I realize that the above post makes me seem like an idiot, but you have to realize that I don't just blindly listen to top-40 nonsense. In fact it took me a long time to get over the hump and allow myself to like lil wayne.

I think a lot of people just immediately assume he is garbage because he's lumped in the "top-40" group. Also, I'm convinced that 90% of the appeal in indie rappers it that they are indie, and that most are not nearly as good as people make them out to be.

Of course, tons of exceptions to this. Gift of Gab probably the best example. He is one of my top 5 favorites of all time. It's just that most indie rap is kinda shit, and people just can't admit it because they feel superior for listening to it.

Kalyx triaD
06-04-2010, 05:37 PM
I've been familiar with Wayne for over a decade and I've never been impressed by him (way before he got in the top 40s).

Heros Welcome
06-08-2010, 02:16 AM
Recovery finally leaked.

http://usershare.net/0hfsqzmn8ftq

Pretty sick if you ask me!

Savio
06-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Its alright. Had about 5 good songs on it. (5 more than relapse)

Buzzkill
06-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Sounds a lot better than Relapse, but not fantastic on first listen. Need to give it a few more run throughs before giving a real verdict.

Highlights so far: Here We Go, Almost Famous, No Love

Savio
06-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Yeah it seems like songs would grow on you if you gave them extra listens. No songs were bad a lot of them were just ok on the first go through.

Buzzkill
06-10-2010, 02:34 AM
Wowwww Almost Famous is amazing. Pretty blown away by it but I'm also really "f'n" high right now so we'll see how I feel in the morning.

Buzzkill
06-10-2010, 03:41 AM
Hoooly shit, the way Em's verse builds on No Love.

This album is looking pretty phenomenal at the moment

Bad Company
06-10-2010, 05:15 AM
On first listen I like it. Which is pretty rare for me.

Swiss Ultimate
06-10-2010, 12:52 PM
I can't relate to white people.

Buzzkill
06-10-2010, 01:01 PM
I STUCK MY DICK IN THIS GAME LIKE A RAPIST
THEY CALL ME SLIM ROETHLESBERGER
I GO BERZERKER THAN A FED UP POST OFF WORKER
I MERK EM WITH A MOSBERG I GET PISSED OFF GET MURDERED

Savio
06-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Wowwww Almost Famous is amazing. Pretty blown away by it but I'm also really "f'n" high right now so we'll see how I feel in the morning.Yeah Almost Famous is the best song on the album.

Volchok
06-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Em's verse on "No Love" gives me fuckin chills every time I listen to it, a couple songs do this so this CD is A+ in my book lol.

Buzzkill
06-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Good god, he is in top fucking form right now.

Great great stuff. A few duds on the album, but his verses on No Love, Won't Back Down, Here We Go and Almost Famous are among his best ever imo.

Prez
06-12-2010, 07:10 PM
love this album

Volchok
06-12-2010, 11:52 PM
This cd seriously makes up for Encore and Relapse.. and thank god he apologizes for both of those cds.. because seriously they both sucked give or take 2 songs

The Franchise
06-13-2010, 04:20 AM
I thought the album was alright. Nothing too special but it was better by leaps and bounds than Relapse. I can't believe so many people are in love with Almost Famous. It wouldn't even make my top 5 from Recovery. I still think MMLP and TES are his best albums.

Savio
06-13-2010, 01:07 PM
It is a good album, it gets better after a couple listens. His first 3 CDs are better but this is a good start for a "Recovery".

Kalyx triaD
06-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Re: Neg Rep

Lil Wayne is not a good videogame. lol

Savio
06-27-2010, 07:01 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlVa_3jKbmw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlVa_3jKbmw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>