PDA

View Full Version : JTG and Shad

Afterlife
05-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Both look like wrestlers now. That is very good.

Shad looks great as the monster heel and even though I never understood why guys wrestle in leather, JTG now looks much sleeker and more individual.

I know there's always the "who will be Janetty" bullshit when a team splits, but I think this split is a great thing for both of them.

Schlomey
05-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Shad is a big clod who works stiff & can't bump.

JTG needs his cornrows back because that straight hair he has been rocking looks horrid. I think JTG has a pretty great set of moves.

Ruien
05-16-2010, 06:54 PM
They will both be forgotten souls in 2 months top.

YoungFlyFlashy
05-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Both look like wrestlers now. That is very good.

Shad looks great as the monster heel and even though I never understood why guys wrestle in leather, JTG now looks much sleeker and more individual.

I know there's always the "who will be Janetty" bullshit when a team splits, but I think this split is a great thing for both of them.

In this case the "who will be Janetty" thing does not apply. I think more of the "where to now" is applied to this situation. It is clear they understand where they want Shad to go, but JTG still looks confused and just kept alive cause of Shad. JTG still smells of the Cryme Tyme gimmick, as in Shad, he has totally left it behind. So I hope they do something with JTG quick and diffrent.

jskinnyg
05-16-2010, 07:05 PM
They both look good, but I agree JTG needs to tone down that gimmick a bit...

Jordan
05-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Any pics of the new look JTG?

Nicky Fives
05-16-2010, 07:54 PM
IMO they were better as a team, and their split will prolly result in either a reunion (ala Los Colons) or being future endeavored

Kane Knight
05-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Shad is a big clod who works stiff & can't bump.

JTG needs his cornrows back because that straight hair he has been rocking looks horrid. I think JTG has a pretty great set of moves.

And people wonder why wrestling is viewed as gay.

IMO they were better as a team, and their split will prolly result in either a reunion (ala Los Colons) or being future endeavored

I'm betting the latter. I could be wrong, because I didn't think they'd last this long.

Afterlife
05-17-2010, 03:48 AM
Corn rows looks retarded on anybody.

And, at this point, I think they're both pretty safe, career wise. I'd expect they're not in any immediate danger unless there's a legal/wellness issue that occurs.

Dirk Ziggler
05-17-2010, 03:51 AM
One of those tag teams that WWE shouldn't have split up. They will both fail.

Afterlife
05-17-2010, 05:11 AM
One of those tag teams that WWE shouldn't have split up. They will both fail.

lol, wow.

Dirk Ziggler
05-17-2010, 06:07 AM
lol, wow.

LoL all you want. Do I think they were a great tag team? Absolutely not. But they were entertaining none the less. As singles. Not only do they suck, but they have absolutely nothing to offer. At least as a team going around selling stolen items was somewhat of a laugh and entertaining. Being split apart now what do they have to offer? Not shit.

Hardkore Kidd J
05-17-2010, 10:28 AM
LoL all you want. Do I think they were a great tag team? Absolutely not. But they were entertaining none the less. As singles. Not only do they suck, but they have absolutely nothing to offer. At least as a team going around selling stolen items was somewhat of a laugh and entertaining. Being split apart now what do they have to offer? Not shit.

I bet you they will both be let go within a month or two and they will become a Tag Team in TNA mark my words. I really like Cryme Tyme but I really don't think they'll last as single competitors.

Dirk Ziggler
05-17-2010, 12:44 PM
I bet you they will both be let go within a month or two and they will become a Tag Team in TNA mark my words. I really like Cryme Tyme but I really don't think they'll last as single competitors.

Exactly

XCaliber
05-17-2010, 01:09 PM
I've liked what they've done with Shad as of late but as for JTG i'd say there gonna have to take his chracter in another direction if they plan on keeping him he's the more talented of the two in the ring.

Dirk Ziggler
05-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Shad is a big tough guy and it's his time now...been done at least 432,793 times

Nark Order
05-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Marty Jannetty wasn't black, Afterlife. You huge fucking moron idiot face!!

The Franchise
05-17-2010, 01:54 PM
This is a good split. I agree with Afterlife. Fred Durst however, does not.

Dirk Ziggler
05-17-2010, 02:49 PM
This is a good split. I agree with Afterlife. Fred Durst however, does not.

It's Limp Durst. And overall I don't give a shit. I'm just saying that atleast together they had some sort of entertainment value. As singles they have nothing to offer.

Nark Order
05-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Actually, it really is Fred Bizkit. It says it right up this post to the left.

Nark Order
05-17-2010, 02:57 PM
And I can't be sold on the "they're useless" train just yet. How about we let creative have their way with them for a little bit and then make our judgments?

Afterall, many thought Swagger was going nowhere a couple months ago and now he's at the height of his career.

Swiss Ultimate
05-17-2010, 02:59 PM
All I know is that I didn't know which was which when they were a team or even care enough to find out. Now, I'm mildly interested and know their names.

Swiss Ultimate
05-17-2010, 03:04 PM
The Rockers Shawn and Marty is one of those tag teams that WWE shouldn't have split up. They will both fail.

The Hollywood Blondes "Stunning" Steve Austin and "Flying" Brian Pillman is one of those tag teams that WWE shouldn't have split up. They will both fail.

The Blade Runners Sting and Warrior is one of those tag teams that WWE shouldn't have split up. They will both fail.

Dirk Ziggler
05-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Only one of those 3 tag teams were actually in the WWE DeathToTheSwiss...nice try

Hardkore Kidd J
05-17-2010, 05:25 PM
I really think this singles could have worked if they were both on separate shows. The minute Shad broke up with JTG I thought Shad was gonna go to Raw. They should have went the Sho/miz route and moved the ex tag partner to Raw. I think it would have helped their singles careers.

Nark Order
05-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Except there are too many big fish on RAW. If one of them went there they would get the Koslov treatment and almost never see the light of day. Them being on Smackdown is the right move IMO.

Dorkchop
05-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Their strap match at the last PPV was actually pretty good. They got pretty good crowd reaction too. I'd consider that a big feat since WWE tv and ppv crowds have been pretty dead.

Now if WWE actually listened to the fans these guys would both be getting good pushes and decent ring time. They won't.

Cool King
05-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Any pics of the new look JTG?

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/404/jtg.jpg

Skippord
05-18-2010, 10:23 PM
JTG has the hair of a native american woman

Afterlife
05-19-2010, 05:42 AM

Then lol, I shall. I don't give a shit if you liked them or not. You're saying that selling stolen shit was funny, and they did that...um...what, 4 years ago? You strike me as the kind of guy who doesn't know anything about entertainment in general, let alone simple things like letting a professional wrestler develop a self-sustaining character.

Lol.

And I can't be sold on the "they're useless" train just yet. How about we let creative have their way with them for a little bit and then make our judgments?

Afterall, many thought Swagger was going nowhere a couple months ago and now he's at the height of his career.

A prime example of the fact that Narc and I can agree on basic, logical ideas. Bitching about this split without even giving it six months of development is, simply put, fucking stupid.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/404/jtg.jpg

He looks fine, and anything is better than corn rows.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2010, 10:09 AM
That's not a great pic, either. I think both guys have got futures. JTG is becoming a better and better worker, and knows how to get the crowd in the palm of his hand. He's young, too. Shad is not exactly old, and has got similar qualities in smaller doses, plus size.

I don't want them to get stuck in a rut, but I still think their feud has legs. But I wouldn't mind it if they found something interesting for them both to do. Even if they just give JTG the John Morrison treatment, and have him work some great matches for a little while. He and Chavo Guerrero, for example, could have a really fun match. The crowd loves JTG, they hate Chavo, thus love JTG even more -- and their styles would go well together. Have JTG beat him on one edition of SmackDown!, and then have him get an upset over Dolph Ziggler.

I really think SmackDown! needs some quality heels, personally. While I would like to see him become RAW General Manager, William Regal moving to SmackDown! to have a feud with JTG similar to his stuff with Chris Jericho in 2001 could be fantastic for JTG's career.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Actually, scrap that -- I think a perfect feud for JTG right now would be against "The Uncommon" Cody Rhodes. You just have Rhodes play the prick card, about how he was born something special, and JTG plays the parallel to that -- someone without a pedigree that has worked hard to get to where he is.

I wouldn't play it all up too much, as it has been done a lot lately, but the differences between JTG and Cody Rhodes could just work on a stylistic level.