PDA

View Full Version : Wheres Hogan?

ItsTimeForAChange
04-16-2004, 03:13 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew where Hulk Hogan is now adays, and what hes doing? Someone told me he was wrestling in Japan last year, and that there was some kind of deal with Jeff Jarrett hitting him with a guitar and saying something like "Heard you wanted to come to TNA, well TNA just came to you", but that he has yet to be on NWATNA. Anyone know anything about this?

I also heard he has his own federation now, XWF or something like that, but I can't find anything on it online.

Watson
04-16-2004, 03:43 PM
He's currently working as Vince Russo's plumber.

KayfabeMan
04-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Hogan actually is appearing on,or will be appearing on Hollywood Squares.I heard it was all this week that it aired,but I've missed the episodes :( You can still catch one later on tonight - depending on where you live and what time and channel it comes on.

He's mainly working to help promote his daughter's (Brooke Bollea) singing career. She seems to have a bit of potential,and has appeared on concerts with Hilary Duff,and others,and has sang the National Anthem at NASCAR and other events.

KayfabeMan
04-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Also,about your TNA question,he had mentioned that he would appear with the company,and they filmed that segment that was supposed to lead into an angle,but nothing came of it.

That happened for several reasons,including his injury,and then what everyone believed would be a potential appearance at WMXX. TNA jumped the gun,and instead of getting it in writing before doing anything,jumped at the chance to even have mention of Hogan on the show.

ItsTimeForAChange
04-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Thanks for all the info, Kayfabeman!

Funky Fly
04-16-2004, 05:07 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again...

Hogan is right where he should be: off my fu</>cking TV.

Xero
04-16-2004, 05:22 PM
As far as the XWF goes... I believe it went out when Hogan joined the WWE... I havent heard about the XWF in a while... I heard somthing about it a few months ago, but I dont remember...

ItsTimeForAChange
04-16-2004, 05:40 PM

lol, I totally agree

KayfabeMan
04-17-2004, 03:14 AM
As far as the XWF goes... I believe it went out when Hogan joined the WWE... I havent heard about the XWF in a while... I heard somthing about it a few months ago, but I dont remember...

WWE had more to do with XWF closing than anything else (that and XWF's lack of common knowledge). When WWE heard about XWF opening,they ran in and scooped up their bigger stars (Curt Hennig,Hulk Hogan,etc..) and took away any chance of them making it.

XWF ran one taping from Universal Studios,with Hogan,Hennig,Public Enemy,LOD,Marc Mero,The Nasty Boys,Greg Valentine,Marty Jannetty,Virgil,and a bunch of others. After that they went on a string of barely promoted,barely attended "house shows",until they basically fell apart.

Jimmy Hart took a few of the XWF crew (Nastys,Hail,Kid Kash,others) to Puerto Rico,where they did an invasion angle with WWC (similar to nWo's invasion on WCW). This never went anywhere,and they faded off into the distance.

Recently,something was thrown around about possibly bringing XWF back,but I don't know if that will happen or not.

CBright7831
04-19-2004, 12:47 AM

Someone rep this man!

I tried repping you for that quote, but it told me I should rep other people before I rep you again.

:(

Well said, I might add.

the_rock's_#1_fan
04-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Hogan was a DAMN great competitor in WWE--how else could he have devoted 25 ****ING YEARS OF HIS LIFE TO WRESTLING? (1979-2004; yes, he now does work in Japan.) Somebody show this legend in the ring and outside the Čed circle some GODDAMNED RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! :rant: :mad: :foc: :nono: