PDA

View Full Version : Michael Cole got what he deserved??

TazFTW86
05-18-2010, 11:59 PM
I think Michael Cole got what he deserved. He's been talkin so much crap about Daniel Bryan/ Bryan Danielson. WHether it was a work shoot or not, i thought it was sweet! "a poor man's replacement for JR" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PLOW6EsN0E

Xero
05-19-2010, 12:00 AM
He needed more. And I hope we get it.

I'd watch NXT religiously if it meant every week Danielson beat the shit out of Cole.

TazFTW86
05-19-2010, 12:06 AM
lol word!! I wonder what they would do w/ this though, Miz not the Champ, but was called out tonight. Would of been cool to see Danielson wrestle the Miz for the title at least.

The Pope
05-19-2010, 12:12 AM
That was beautiful :drool:

Juan
05-19-2010, 12:15 AM
WHether it was a work shoot or not[/url]

Was there any doubt that it wasn't a shoot?

but yeah, it was pretty cool.

Evil Vito
05-19-2010, 12:21 AM
<font color=goldenrod>It was awesome. The only thing I would have added was him reiterating that Daniel Bryan doesn't exist anymore.</font>

TazFTW86
05-19-2010, 12:23 AM
yea, i liked the promo too, real good

muffalufagus
05-19-2010, 01:25 AM
The man is GOLD!

MoFo
05-19-2010, 01:27 AM
Fookin class. I like worked shoots.

owenbrown
05-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Cole getting VINTAGE punked out

Kane Knight
05-19-2010, 01:43 AM
I'd say he's a very rich man's JR, considering Vince dumped JR to put Cole on the flagship show.

:D

Schlomey
05-19-2010, 01:47 AM
it was truly amazing. I thought that punch looked real too.

legendkillerRKO
05-19-2010, 01:57 AM
i love the part when Regal and Punk acknowledge than Dragon is better than Miz! hahahahahaha

Wishbone
05-19-2010, 02:05 AM
that was awsome way overdue Cole should've been beaten alot sooner than this two thumbs up for the dragon:y::y:

Schlomey
05-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Made up for his half assed attempt at being a heel on RAW.

The Black Heart
05-19-2010, 02:38 AM
ugh, i marked just cause i despise cole.

glad he called cole a poor man's jr. it was nice to hear ross mentioned on a broadcast.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2010, 07:18 AM
I have been waiting for Cole to get bitched out by Danielson for some time. I will watch NXT just for this. I love the way that show tends to contain smarkier writing, less face/heel dynamics and a more "inside" approach.

To be honest, while many feel that angles with announcers suck, I think that is what helped JR really stand the test of time. I mean, besides being a great announcer in his day, who knew how to hype the bigger moments. Michael Cole is relatively angleless when it comes to his history in the WWE. He's just a guy who sits behind the announce table. He doesn't have any personal connection with wrestlers, and hasn't been on the "journey" with them. Michael Cole calling Bryan Danielson's hypothetical first title win will now be a really great moment, I imagine.

Gerard
05-19-2010, 08:51 AM
What exactly are they doing with Cole anyway? He was pissing and moaning about Bret Hart the other night as well. A sad attempt at having a heel commentator?

kareru
05-19-2010, 09:04 AM
i like to think that NXT was specifically designed and commissioned just for bryan danielson,
to be honest i wasn't going to watch nxt this week knowing that amdrag isn't on it, but now i know he is and does this sweet ass promo its a definite must watch tonight

Innovator
05-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Nah, Cole doesn't have an indent of Danielson's elbow in his skull

Ultra Mantis
05-19-2010, 09:53 AM
He needed more. And I hope we get it.

I'd watch NXT religiously if it meant every week Danielson beat the shit out of Cole.

Every week Danielson should surprise Cole at some point in the show and put him in a different submission. It could become a regular segment like Piper's Pit.

El Tigre
05-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Cole getting VINTAGE punked out

This. Also, after cutting such a wicked promo, how long before we see Danielson on Raw?

thecc
05-19-2010, 10:00 AM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/photos/14491230/14491262/NXT_013_Photo_045.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Danielson will be on RAW as soon as NXT ends.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2010, 10:01 AM

Danielson looks bad-ass in that pic.

Xero
05-19-2010, 10:06 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/danielsonfnhead.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Best Xero job I've seen in a while. Kudos, sir. :y:

El Tigre
05-19-2010, 10:14 AM
That's what I'm talking about, earning your keep.

TNTlegendkiller
05-19-2010, 10:14 AM
I wanted Danielson to shut-up cole for every comment

Jordan
05-19-2010, 10:53 AM
That was brilliant.

VSG
05-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Check out the marked guy marking out. I swear I have seen him at many PPV's.

kareru
05-19-2010, 11:17 AM
the guy holding him back seems to have pissed his pants, is it striker?

thecc
05-19-2010, 11:33 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_88aK2BWQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_88aK2BWQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

VSG
05-19-2010, 12:09 PM
the guy holding him back seems to have pissed his pants, is it striker?

It is Striker but it looks more like a shadow sadly.

Ermaximus
05-19-2010, 12:28 PM

This pic NEEDS to be posted in the DTTS caption thread!

Supreme Olajuwon
05-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Danielson: Michael Cole, you're just a parrot.
Cole: A parrot...

Dunno, that made me crack up for some reason

VSG
05-19-2010, 01:11 PM

Same here, you aren't the only one. It was along the lines of "If you are an idiot, say what" but just funnier given the situation.

Afterlife
05-19-2010, 01:14 PM

Glad someone else picked up on that. :lol:

Vastardikai
05-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Miz: Do you think you're better than me?
Regal and Punk::yes:

Ermaximus
05-19-2010, 02:37 PM

Why did Punk make the motion with his hands trying to signify Danielson has a bigger dick than Miz?

Supreme Olajuwon
05-19-2010, 02:46 PM
and then Punk saying "by a lot"

I wonder if they got in trouble for that.

CSL
05-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Shouting 'I don't have it?!' at the end was a great touch

#BROKEN Hasney
05-19-2010, 03:08 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/hollywoodh/better.png

I love that shot of Punk.

Ermaximus
05-19-2010, 03:16 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/hollywoodh/better.png

I love that shot of Punk.

That'd be the 1 Hasney.

Joesgonnakillyou
05-19-2010, 03:24 PM
This will probably turn him into the biggest babyface since Austin, who doesn't fucking hate Michael Cole?

Although saying that (with tongue in cheek) feuds with annoucers never turn out well. I see a match with Jerry Lawler in Daniel Bryan future. Sigh.

CSL
05-19-2010, 03:25 PM
I very much doubt that's CM Punk 'sticking up' for fellow indy darling/underdog Bryan Danielson btw (well, maybe a small percentage) and more just Punk being a good heel. For the one or two that were thinking that.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-19-2010, 03:28 PM
I very much doubt that's CM Punk 'sticking up' for fellow indy darling/underdog Bryan Danielson btw (well, maybe a small percentage) and more just Punk being a good heel. For the one or two that were thinking that.

While it was obviously cleared beforehand or they were told to do it, I'm not sure what's heelish about a heel sticking up for a face against the heel. Was good though.

CSL
05-19-2010, 03:31 PM
If it was a face 'sticking up' for a heel than yes, it wouldn't 'fit a character'. A heel (or at least one with more than one dimension) doesn't only have to be a cunt to faces though.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah but don't you think it's a just a teeny bit coincidental that the only two guys doing it were the guy that trained Danielson and the guy that wrestled with Danielson?

Supreme Olajuwon
05-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Just now realized that Regal talks into the mic during that segment and says "No really he is better than you."

How'd I miss that before

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-19-2010, 03:38 PM
I think Miz knows Danielson is better than him to be honest. Though Miz is pretty damned good in the ring these days, he's been really fluent. Hopefully when him and Danielson tangle they get some time, cuz it's gonna be a good match.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-19-2010, 03:40 PM
If it was a face 'sticking up' for a heel than yes, it wouldn't 'fit a character'. A heel (or at least one with more than one dimension) doesn't only have to be a cunt to faces though.

Yeah, you're right. Just not used to seeing it in the "WWE Universe"

Just now realized that Regal talks into the mic during that segment and says "No really he is better than you."

How'd I miss that before

Because I think DB might have come in early, or didn't know Regal was going to say it.

VSG
05-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Yeah but don't you think it's a just a teeny bit coincidental that the only two guys doing it were the guy that trained Danielson and the guy that wrestled with Danielson?

I was sure I was Jericho acknowledge with a small nod as well. Funnily the guys who did nothing were Matt and Christian.

kareru
05-19-2010, 08:36 PM
i just watched it,
damn, danielson nails it
a badass promo executed with near perfection

Damian Rey
05-19-2010, 09:21 PM
I wished I had watched that live as I would've loudley been yelling "Get Em!" as Danielson attacks Michael Cole.

Another thing I like about this promo is that creative actually put some long term booking into it. How many of us actually thought that Michael Cole's mouting off about Danielson was actually going to amount to anything? I, for one, did not see this coming, and am pleasantly surprised to see creative build something up so well and have the payoff be worth the wait.

I'd love if they gave Cole a "foot in your mouth" gimmick, where he will spout off ignorancies and biased comments, blasting certain wrestlers, only having to deal with the consequences of such. For instance, bashing Bret Hart on Raw this past week for not only his U.S. title win, but his Mania win as well. Love to see Bret call him out, beat him up, and place gim in a sharpshooter. Cole could be the new Coach.

VSG
05-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Don't give Cole too much credit, Coach was awesome. Sadly I recognized it too late.

Damian Rey
05-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Don't give Cole too much credit, Coach was awesome. Sadly I recognized it too late.

Yes, but Coach was given something to work with. Other than being a so-so commentator, and raped by Heidenreich, what has Cole done character wise. I think he was stomped senseless by Stone Cold one time. But that's been about it.

It'd be nice to give him some sort of gimmick, and why not just continue what they did on NXT? It's fits him perfectly, as he is a natural at complaining and down grading accomplishments.

VSG
05-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Oh I am sure they are field-testing this cocky gimmick of his in NXT with glimpses on Raw and PPV. Also, thanks for the reminder:-

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zu8Ojt-tUw0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zu8Ojt-tUw0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

thecc
05-19-2010, 10:57 PM
http://twitter.com/JoeyStyles/status/14311791247

After NXT last night, I interviewed Daniel Bryan and Michael Cole. I don't think Cole and I are ever going to friendly while I'm with WWE.

DarKCentaur
05-19-2010, 10:59 PM
God, I love that theme and I love Disturbed

Volare
05-19-2010, 11:01 PM
I think this just took top spot in WWE segment of the year.

DAMN iNATOR
05-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Don't know why the person who uploaded this to YT had to add the song in the background, but still another pretty hilarious incident that I think Cole would rather forget...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/E-wsO2sjNgg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/E-wsO2sjNgg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CSL
05-19-2010, 11:44 PM
I think this just took top spot in WWE segment of the year.

There's the overreaction we've been waiting for. It was a good promo that generates a bit of interest in Danielson, nothing more. It was hardly

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGBVmmOpgxU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGBVmmOpgxU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

or

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBRbtkSYgUI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBRbtkSYgUI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

CSL
05-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Or whatever else they might wheel out before the year is done.

VSG
05-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Getting close to my predictions of comparison to The Rock and Daniel Bryan (Danielson) now.

Volare
05-19-2010, 11:47 PM
There's the overreaction we've been waiting for. It was a good promo that generates a bit of interest in Danielson, nothing more.

I know, but we knew HBK's moment was going to be great, same with Bret's. But this was unexpected. So I offically change my statement to "Unexpected moment of the year....so far"

CSL
05-19-2010, 11:49 PM
If you were really officially changing it, you'd have edited your previous post (insert shifty looking smiley here)

Supreme Olajuwon
05-19-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm pretty sure somebody called it the greatest promo of all time in another thread.

Volare
05-19-2010, 11:55 PM
If you were really officially changing it, you'd have edited your previous post (insert shifty looking smiley here)

Im high, I'll do it later.

CSL
05-19-2010, 11:55 PM
I wasn't being serious

YoungFlyFlashy
05-20-2010, 01:10 AM
You guys are also forgetting that Bryan called out Vince as well, remember he yelled at Michael Cole that he knows that it is Vince in his ear week in and week out telling him to say negative things about Bryan. So I wonder if that would lead to anything, or was it just something to give it a bit more "sting".

The Franchise
05-20-2010, 02:27 AM
That was amazing

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2010, 06:03 AM
That was very cool. I hope they show Joey Styles interviewing Bryan and Cole. Danielson can cut a promo when he needs to.

Dirk Ziggler
05-20-2010, 09:31 AM
My only complaint is the beating wasn't real. I fucking hate that little weasel Michael Cole. I did think it was funny he was called a Parrot for repeating everything he hears in his headset.

GoneFishing
05-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Will we be expecting a Daniel vs. Michael Cole epic rivalry? *joke*

TazFTW86
05-20-2010, 11:51 AM
lol. Josh MAthews face is pretty funny once Danielson says that Vince is always in Coles ear. Just noticed that. its like if he was thinkin "oh shit, lol"

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-20-2010, 11:59 AM
I would say Cole didn't get what he deserved though, given that his commentary is pretty lame, I don't think he deserves to be in such a hot angle. However, he's been good in ripping on Bryan, he's made me LOL, but prolly for all the wrong reasons.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-20-2010, 12:08 PM
As long as Danielson puts Cole in the cattle mutilation while screaming "vintage Dragon" over and over, I'll be happy.

parkmania
05-20-2010, 03:48 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/Badassd2/BetterThanMiz.gif

parkmania
05-20-2010, 03:54 PM
So, who does Cole "bring in" to feud with Bryan Danielson a la when J.R. managed Dr. Death?

thecc
05-21-2010, 09:30 PM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/articles/14491226/danielbryancole

Eliminated NXT Rookie Daniel Bryan’s assault of announcer Michael Cole has sent shockwaves through the entire WWE Universe. Daniel Bryan’s actions on WWE NXT won’t soon be forgotten by the NXT Rookies, the WWE Pros and, of course, Cole.

When given the chance to discuss his elimination at the hands of WWE Management, Daniel Bryan defiantly defended his actions and said he was the best person to win WWE NXT. In addition to calling out the WWE Pros, he singled out Cole, who had been berating him for months.

In mere moments, a determined Daniel Bryan exited the ring, approached the announce table and called Cole “a parrot with Vince McMahon in his ear telling him what to say.” Daniel Bryan shockingly slapped Cole across the face, referred to him as “a poor man’s replacement for J.R.,” then knocked him to the ground and stomped on him until host Matt Striker and WWE Officials dragged him off.

But was Daniel Bryan’s bold move of smacking the announcer something he now regrets? The former NXT Rookie spoke to WWE.com moments after the attack.

“I think my actions were unprofessional and I’d do them all over again,” Daniel Bryan said with conviction. “You can only be pushed so much before you get to that breaking point, you know, and at some point you need to stand up for yourself. And if an announcer feels like he has free reign to bury you at every opportunity, you have to make him accountable for what he says.”

Daniel Bryan explained to WWE.com that he believes he has every right to stand up for himself and it was only a matter of time before he called out Cole.

“He’s going to sit there and say that I have no ‘it’ factor, I have no charisma and stuff like that, but he’ll sit there and put over David Otunga and he can’t even run the ropes right,” Daniel Bryan said. “They have people who are telling them what to say and he’s just pushing the WWE agenda, so I’m going to call him out on it. And if he’s burying me in the WWE Universe, I’m going to call him out on it.”

As for Cole, when WWE.com’s Joey Styles approached him for a comment, an enraged, embarrassed and bloody lipped Cole said, “Get that damn recorder out of my face, Joey!” and walked away.

In addition to standing up for his beliefs when it comes to his assault on Cole, Daniel Bryan also backed his statements on Tuesday’s WWE NXT that alluded to his belief that WWE has prejudice against smaller athletes.

“I’m sure if you look at everyone who comes here – the guys they push to the top – the John Cenas, the Batistas, the Randy Ortons – they’ve never done a minute on the independent scene. They’re all guys who are made here in WWE,” he said. “If you look at the older generations – the Chris Jerichos, the William Regals, the guys like that – those guys were all made outside of here and then came in and when they came in they were ready to be top guys.”

Finally, Daniel Bryan had an important message for WWE Management – he refuses to back down.

“Well they can try and hold me down as much as they want,” Daniel Bryan said. “If they give me one segment, if they give me one segment like they did tonight, I will be the star of the show.”

CSL
05-21-2010, 09:43 PM
No idea why they don't put promos on the website, like how you'd have picture in picture in the 90's or clean promo segments in front of a backdrop or bluescreen in the 80's. To continue a bit of momentum, they could easily have had Danielson cut a little promo saying what was written there. It'd also give Joey Styles something remotely linked to being on the air. Put them on the official Youtube account as well, people would eat it up.

DLVH84
05-22-2010, 01:56 AM
Yeah, Mitchell Cole deserved the ass kicking from the best wrestler in the world.

Indifferent Clox
05-22-2010, 02:54 AM
Striker v amdrag

Shadrick
05-22-2010, 04:23 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/Badassd2/BetterThanMiz.gif

skhas;gdagd i laugh EVERYTIME this replays