PDA

View Full Version : Good things to come out of WCW in 2000

Rollermacka
05-19-2010, 04:24 PM
I have recientlly "gone back" and started watching what I can find on the internet of WCW from around late 99 till it closed. It is pretty obvious that booking and backstage issues were starting to hurt the show itself but there were afew things that I rather enjoyed watching from that period in WCW. I actually really enjoyed the Filthy Animals with Rey and Konnan as the leaders with Juvi, Kidman and Tygress. I like the little segments Rey and Konnan use to do and how every once in awhile Juvi/ The Juice would do a "People's Elbow" or crotch chops. Another wrestler that came out around that time was "Primetime" Elix Skipper. I'm still suprised that he never became a big star in any company.

LuigiD
05-19-2010, 04:30 PM
I have good memories of that WCW time period. Then again, I was a kid and anything wrestling related made me mark out. I do remember being a fan of Skipper and the stable of Canadians with Lance Storm. I remember being a fan of Misfits in Action as well.

Dante69
05-19-2010, 04:37 PM
3 words for you..... The Big Wiggle

RiX1024
05-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Good things: Team Canada, MIA, Filthy Animals, Natural Born Thrillers and Booker T's push.

Bad Things: Bad booking, Jeff Jarrett, Vince Russo (except for the promo at Bash at the Beach), Millionaires Club vs New Blood, Goldberg's heel turn and attempted streak, Hulk Hogan vs Kidman (would been good if he put Kidman over).

Can't think of anymore.

Johnny Vegas
05-19-2010, 04:59 PM
The tag team ladder match they had in 2000 was awesome. Norman Smiley was so over during that time lol. The filthy animals were good, i liked Mike Sanders on the mic, Booker T's push (which was WAY overdue), Lance Storm..that was pretty much it for me lol.

Rollermacka
05-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Hulk Hogan vs Kidman (would been good if he put Kidman over).

Wrestling Rumor (not sure how true it actually is): Kidman was suppose to get a main event push and "win" that feud, but Hogan refused/ invoked his creative control clause (because that's never happen before :roll:)

Jeritron
05-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Booker T as a main eventer
Lance Storm's push

Razzamajazz
05-19-2010, 05:02 PM
mike awesome as the fat chick thriller

The Jayman
05-19-2010, 05:09 PM
The Random Kanyon Cutter assaults

kareru
05-19-2010, 05:29 PM
for reference

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.wcw.com

the best think to come out of wcw 2000

miss
hancock
table
dancing

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/osf0x1MiEe0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/osf0x1MiEe0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ultra Mantis
05-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Jung Dragons.
Lance Storm's mega push.
Positively Kanyon.

kareru
05-19-2010, 05:33 PM
oh and 3 count

come to think of it wcw 2000 was pretty awesome, well that was before well you know the 'lets get rid of everyone because wwf secretly purchased us era'

Ruien
05-19-2010, 05:43 PM
The Random Kanyon Cutter assaults

THIS!

Fox
05-19-2010, 06:22 PM
mike awesome as the fat chick thriller

:nono:

Take the most incredible big man in wrestling at that moment in time; a guy who could talk, could fly like a cruiserweight, and had one of the best powerbombs ever, and instead of pushing him as a monster heel, they put him as a lame ass 70's era face whose gimmick is that he fucks fat girls.

No. Somewhere, Paul Heyman was crying himself to sleep at night, not over his own loss, but over what a whore his former ECW Champion and homegrown talent became.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-19-2010, 06:37 PM
I liked the Giant vs Giant angle and the strong build around factions like Ravens Flock, Konnans crew, and the other small factions under NWO, Four Horsemen, and WolfPac. It just made people like Goldberg and others so much stronger as being Independent and able to take on anyone for any reason. It reminds me of the modern day gimmick of Randy Orton in a way or the old Stone Cold Steve Austin. Rebel against group organization.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Wasn't Perry Saturn in a faction too? Which one was that..

kareru
05-19-2010, 06:40 PM
I liked the Giant vs Giant angle and the strong build around factions like Ravens Flock, Konnans crew, and the other small factions under NWO, Four Horsemen, and WolfPac. It just made people like Goldberg and others so much stronger as being Independent and able to take on anyone for any reason. It reminds me of the modern day gimmick of Randy Orton in a way or the old Stone Cold Steve Austin. Rebel against group organization.

Good things to come out of WCW in 2000

Razzamajazz
05-19-2010, 06:43 PM
saturn was a member of the flock for a brief period

TheAdamEvansFan
05-19-2010, 06:50 PM
thanks Razz, that's right.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-19-2010, 06:51 PM
yeah kareru give or take a few yrs :-)

Schlomey
05-19-2010, 07:13 PM
I met Norman Smiley during his peak. He wore a yellow shirt and black fanny pack like a champ.

Steveviscious89
05-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Saturn was also a part of that Revolution thing headed up by Shane Douglas. They fueded with Jim Duggan a little bit around Starrcade '99, just before they all defected(except Douglas) to what was then known as the World Wrestling Federation....another company that died...at least in my mind.

I liked the late '99 Russo booking in WCW, you know when he first showed up with Ed Ferrera. They were on the verge of fixing Bret Hart's terrible run when Goldberg gave him the sidekick from hell and essentially ended his carreer. The pre-Russo/Bischoff era was a complete disaster in early 2000....I remember a PPV where I bet there are more people in the Impact Zone than there were in that arena. The Russo/Bischoff era would have been so much better had proper management and follow thru been in place, but alas..it was not.

LoDownM
05-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Booker T's push, Filthy Animals, Kanyon, Kanyon Cuttering everyone.

kareru
05-19-2010, 08:52 PM
i wonder what or where wcw would be now if it was still around?

Triple Naitch
05-19-2010, 09:09 PM
We're not the Backstreet Boys
NSYNC too
Britney Spears is kinda cute

That fucking song was stuck in my head forever.

MoFo
05-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Lance Storm, and all their tag teams, even Kronik.

I kinda liked Jeff Jarrett as champ, and liked Buff Bagwell as well.

Oh and that triple tier Hell in a Cell match

Droford
05-19-2010, 10:46 PM
I got to see Chris Benoit vs Bret Hart in a good but interference ended match at the last Thunder Taping of 1999 which led to Golbderg screwing up his arm by punching out the limo window. Only time I got to see Bret wrestle live which is kind of a shame but anyway. Wasn't as good as their Owen Memorial match or the Mayhem match from a couple weeks earlier but still...

Volare
05-19-2010, 11:45 PM
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IyU26HnKn3c&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IyU26HnKn3c&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>