PDA

View Full Version : Fall 2010 Cancellation Pool

thedamndest
05-24-2010, 12:26 AM
This fall will see the debut of many new television shows and of course some of them will suck. For every M*A*S*H there is an American version of Coupling, doomed before it hits the air. The following is a list of the new shows. Choose if it will still be around by the end of the season. You get a point for each correct answer. You must submit answers before the start of the new season.

NBC
The Event
Chase
Undercovers
Law & Order: Los Angeles
Outsourced
Love Bites
Who Do You Think You Are?/School Pride
Outlaw

ABC
No Ordinary Family
Detroit 1-8-7
Better Together
The Whole Truth
My Generation
Secret Millionaire
Body of Proof

CW
Hellcats
Nikita

FOX
Lonestar
Raising Hope
Running Wilde

CBS
Mike & Molly
Hawaii Five-O
The Defenders
$#*! My Dad Says
Blue Bloods

If you want to see what stacks up against what on each night:
http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/fall-schedule.aspx

VSG
05-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Hawaii 5-0? How is that a new series if at most they have a new cast?

Dirk Ziggler
05-24-2010, 04:28 AM
Don't even know what half this shit is.

Juan
05-24-2010, 04:32 AM
If Law & Order: Los Angeles gets canceled, it's your ass, thedamndest

El Tigre
05-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Don't even know what half this shit is.

My thoughts exactly, outside of LA I don't recognize any of thee. I mean "The Defenders"? Is that an adaption from the comic or what? Also, especially with the recent dismissal of the original show, I'm rooting for LA to prosper, even though it's already of shaky ground (outside of CI and SVU, no other spin-off had avoided cancellation).

El Tigre
05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Alright, just did some research and no it isn't, The Defenders seems to be just another law show. It sounds a lot like Raising the Bar, still don't know why that show was canceled, Mark-Paul Gosselaar was really good in it.

thedamndest
05-24-2010, 02:28 PM
You don't recognize them because none of them are on tv yet.

ClockShot
05-24-2010, 03:16 PM
NCIS: L.A. will stick around. Daniela Ruah is nice to watch and Linda Hunt is funny.

Fuck Fox. I hope all the new shows get axed. House is the only great thing going for that network.

McLegend
05-24-2010, 04:42 PM
I think fans of Glee will have a problem with that statement.

Miotch
05-24-2010, 05:17 PM
NCIS: L.A. will stick around. Daniela Ruah is nice to watch and Linda Hunt is funny.

Fuck Fox. I hope all the new shows get axed. House is the only great thing going for that network.

I completely disagree. Fringe is fantastic as well, and Family Guy is quite entertaining.

People love Glee as well.

Droford
05-25-2010, 07:33 PM
I hope Nikita gets canned before it ever airs, fuck CW for a La Femme Nikita remake. (THIS IS MY OFFICIAL PICK)

Shit My Dad says probably will be the first CBS show to get canned just because of the title and the fact that Shatner won't be able to carry it.

On FOX, Lonestar looks pretty good and Wilde/Hope are pretty much the same show so either of them..

Outsourced on NBC probably gets canned..

As for ABC, I have no idea.

Jeritron
05-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Where's The Paul Reiser Show?

thedamndest
05-25-2010, 08:19 PM
NBC
The Event - Still Around
Chase - Canceled
Undercovers - Still Around
Law & Order: Los Angeles - Still Around
Outsourced - Still Around
Love Bites - Canceled
Who Do You Think You Are?/School Pride - Canceled
Outlaw - Canceled

ABC
No Ordinary Family - Still Around
Detroit 1-8-7 - Canceled
Better Together - Canceled
The Whole Truth - Still Around
My Generation - Canceled
Secret Millionaire - Canceled
Body of Proof - Still Around

CW
Hellcats - Still Around
Nikita - Canceled

FOX
Lonestar - Still Around
Raising Hope - Still Around
Running Wilde - Still Around

CBS
Mike & Molly - Canceled
Hawaii Five-O - Still Around
The Defenders - Still Around
$#*! My Dad Says - Canceled
Blue Bloods - Canceled

thedamndest
05-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Where's The Paul Reiser Show?

It must be a mid-season show. I didn't do any of those.

Jeritron
05-25-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm going to have to research this before I make any predictions. I'm tempted to list Hawaii 5.0 as canceled, but I don't want to because Jin is going to be on it and for that sentimental reason I will root for it.

thedamndest
05-25-2010, 08:30 PM
That is pretty much the only reason I picked it as not being canceled. I was surprised that I found myself not instantly voting for canceled on Jim Belushi's new show.

There are so many cop and legal shows this year. I don't think there are any new medical shows. ABC isn't even attempting to hide their Undercover Boss rip-off in Secret Millionaire.

Jeritron
05-25-2010, 08:33 PM
I hate most TV shows so much I'm tempted to peg them all as canceled and scurry back to the Lost thread

Jeritron
05-25-2010, 08:35 PM
With Carell likely leaving The Office after next season, it will probably be ending it's run. Or at least it should, instead of trying to keep going and fail.
Once that finale wraps up, I may have to consider turning in my cable box.

CSL
05-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Shit My Dad says probably will be the first CBS show to get canned...

Is this based on the book/guy with the twitter account? 'Cause some of those are hilarious.

thedamndest
05-25-2010, 08:39 PM
I went with the method of "Would my dad watch this?" If the answer was maybe I picked "Still Around."

thedamndest
05-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Is this based on the book/guy with the twitter account? 'Cause some of those are hilarious.

Yes it is but the trailer for the show isn't very funny and it's hard to make a 22 minute television show out of 140 words. Plus it's a CBS sit-com and those are hit and miss as it is.

CSL
05-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I was just wondering if it was based on it with the title. Doubt I'll even watch it, can't be doing with William Shatner.

McLegend
05-25-2010, 08:49 PM
I hope Nikita gets canned before it ever airs, fuck CW for a La Femme Nikita remake. (THIS IS MY OFFICIAL PICK)

What's so wrong about remaking La Femme Nikita?

I'm all for it. As long as the lead actress is smokin hot who cares?

Jeritron
05-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Wasn't the original TV show a remake or sequel to a movie anyways?

Jeritron
05-25-2010, 08:51 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikita

thedamndest
05-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Point of No Return is part of the Action Four Pack also featuring Eraser, The Last Boy Scout, and Passenger 57.

McLegend
05-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Yes it was originally a movie. I actually didn't realize that La Femme Nikita went on for 4 years and had nearly 100 episodes.

Still remaking Nikita is still a good idea. I'm interested.

Mind you I still think it is going to get cancelled.

Droford
05-27-2010, 02:43 AM
Well I think its a terrible idea cause I liked the 90's remake so much. Wasnt a fan of the original movie.

The Mackem
05-27-2010, 03:54 AM
That is pretty much the only reason I picked it as not being canceled. I was surprised that I found myself not instantly voting for canceled on Jim Belushi's new show.

There are so many cop and legal shows this year. I don't think there are any new medical shows. ABC isn't even attempting to hide their Undercover Boss rip-off in Secret Millionaire.

Secret Millionaire has been running here for quite some time and it's decent. I thought it had already had one series in the US back in 2008? Undercover Boss is more of a rip off of Secret Millionaire to be honest, if you can even call it a rip off.

thedamndest
05-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Are you thinking of Joe Millionaire?

thedamndest
05-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Oh wow, it exist back in 2008. Didn't remember that at all. Good call.

Jeritron
05-27-2010, 12:35 PM
I guess it really was a secret millionaire

Corporate CockSnogger
05-27-2010, 01:57 PM
I was hoping Hellcats would be some badass Thundercats style show with some half human/half cat mutants causing chaos. Turns out it's about cheerleaders...

EVEN BETTER!!

Juan
06-17-2010, 02:48 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cMdzZJbFYuE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cMdzZJbFYuE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Loose Cannon
06-17-2010, 05:02 PM
The Event follows Sean Walker (Jason Ritter) who investigates the mysterious disappearance of his fiancée and ends up uncovering the biggest cover-up in U.S. history, involving an assassination plot against U.S. President (Blair Underwood).

------------------------------------------------------------------

hmmm, seems like a remake of one of my fav shows here

Loose Cannon
06-17-2010, 05:03 PM
sorry Sean Walker; you are no Jack Bauer

thedamndest
06-17-2010, 05:33 PM
You can watch trailers for every show at the respective network websites.

The Mackem
06-18-2010, 05:58 AM
I know nothing about it but Mike and Molly seems certain to be cancelled.