PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown! Taping Results (5/28/10) - *SPOILERS*

DAMN iNATOR
05-26-2010, 12:34 AM
*Spoilers* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 5/28/10
By Marc Middleton
May 25, 2010 - 11:33:17 PM

Thanks to Drew Acklin & Wrestlingnewsworld.com for the following SmackDown tapings to air this Friday:

* It's announced that Kane will take on CM Punk and Rey Mysterio will take on The Undertaker. Both of the winners will face Big Show and Jack Swagger in a Fatal Four Way Match for the World Heavyweight Championship at WWE Fatal Four Way next month.

* It's announced due to Matt Hardy's actions at WWE Over The Limit, he is suspended indefinitely.

* WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston & Big Show b. World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger & Drew McIntyre after Show hit the knockout punch on McIntyre.

* Christian & Hornswoggle vs. Dolph Ziggler & Chavo Guerrero is announced for later tonight.

* CM Punk b. Kane after hitting GTS. Punk botched GTS badly two times and he received a lot of heat from the crowd not because of being over but because he couldn't properly execute his finisher. Kane completely flopped out of it after the second attempt which was followed by a pinfall.

* Christian & Hornswoggle b. Chavo Guerrero & Dolph Ziggler after Christian hit the Kill Switch on Chavo.

* The Undertaker b. Rey Mysterio. Undertaker displayed some ring rust and both were off. After the match, Jack Swagger came out and starting beating up on Mysterio. R-Truth, MVP, Christian, JTG and Matt Hardy came out and beat up on Swagger to end the show.

glanville6
05-26-2010, 12:53 AM
It seriously seriously SERIOUSLY pisses me off that they fucking have Christian fucking tagging with fucking Hornswoggle.

Dude has teamed with Edge and Jericho, has been a solid entertainer and worker for years, and now he is relegated to feuding with Nicky from the Spirit Squad? If I were Christian, I'd want to forget the next few weeks or months.

Also, I saw on the spoilers on the main page, and also the post that it said R-Truth came out. I'm just going to assume whoever sent the spoilers in meant Kofi Kingston.

Lock Jaw
05-26-2010, 01:05 AM
Poor Christian. A feud with Ziggler is fine and dandy, but keep Swoggle far far away.

Mr. Nerfect
05-26-2010, 03:24 AM
To be fair, Michael Hayes has to use Hornswoggle somewhere. This stuff with Christian, Chavo and Ziggler is the most entertaining he has ever been. I would have preferred Christian to team with MVP, and Horny help the faces win. But I'm actually curious to see how Hornswoggle goes on SmackDown!, where the matches last a little longer and all of that.

Hanso Amore
05-26-2010, 08:24 AM
He doesnt HAVe to use Horny...plenty of guys dont get used and then released....my dream for Horny

Ermaximus
05-26-2010, 09:03 AM
* Christian & Hornswoggle b. Chavo Guerrero & Dolph Ziggler after Christian hit the Kill Switch on Chavo.
:nono::nono:

It seriously seriously SERIOUSLY pisses me off that they fucking have Christian fucking tagging with fucking Hornswoggle.

Poor Christian. A feud with Ziggler is fine and dandy, but keep Swoggle far far away.

He doesnt HAVe to use Horny...plenty of guys dont get used and then released....my dream for Horny

:y:

Seriously want to know what Vince has against Jay Reso.

The Jayman
05-26-2010, 09:06 AM
As TPWW's #1 Peep I do not like where this is going

Rammsteinmad
05-26-2010, 09:35 AM
I can't wait to see CM Punk bald.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-26-2010, 09:46 AM
I began to think they were actually going somewhere with Kane, until I saw he lost to CM Punk.. Guess not.

MoFo
05-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Punk came out with a mask on and a towel on his head, apparently.

CSL
05-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Shit guys yeah, Christian has been involved with Hornswoggle on TV recently, shitttt his career must be over!

#BROKEN Hasney
05-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Shit guys yeah, Christian has been involved with Hornswoggle on TV recently, shitttt his career must be over!

Well he was last involved with DX. What the fuck has happened to them?!

Londoner
05-26-2010, 10:30 AM

Hornswoggle and Chavo, to be exact. Its not a good sign at the very least! The thing is they could be doing so much more with Christian, but wwe being wwe they would rather get hornswoggle on tv again.

Hope this complaint doesn't wind you up too much, seriously.

Ruien
05-26-2010, 10:37 AM
His feud is not against Chavo, his tag team partner Hornswoggle, BUT he is feuding with Dolph Ziggler. This is just a match to keep them going at it, Chavo takes the loss. Lets Ziggler say Christian has not beat him and sets up a PPV match.

They were going to use fillers for the Chavo and Hornswoggle spots anyhow, who really cares who they pick for them?

Londoner
05-26-2010, 11:02 AM
His feud is not against Chavo, his tag team partner Hornswoggle, BUT he is feuding with Dolph Ziggler. This is just a match to keep them going at it, Chavo takes the loss. Lets Ziggler say Christian has not beat him and sets up a PPV match.

They were going to use fillers for the Chavo and Hornswoggle spots anyhow, who really cares who they pick for them?

Aslong as thats all it is, then fine.

Ultra Mantis
05-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Needs more Morrison :(

Smackdown is usually a lot better than the spoilers make it seem and this show doesn't even seem that bad. The Christian / Swoggle segment last week was the most tolerable Hornswoggle has been in a long time so I'm not too worried about Christian's involvement in the epic Chavo saga.

Ermaximus
05-26-2010, 01:25 PM

Smackdown is usually a lot better than the spoilers make it seem and this show doesn't even seem that bad. The Christian / Swoggle segment last week was the most tolerable Hornswoggle has been in a long time so I'm not too worried about Christian's involvement in the epic Chavo saga.

Morrison is on Raw now. He's also "hurt."

Savio
05-26-2010, 01:28 PM
why do they still have hornswoggle around?

Ultra Mantis
05-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Morrison is on Raw now. He's also "hurt."

I know, but he was one of the best parts of Smackdown before he did. I think out of everyone he got the worst deal when he was drafted over.

DAMN iNATOR
05-26-2010, 02:36 PM
why do they still have hornswoggle around?

He's the only other guy they've got that I can think of that really appeal to the kiddies besides Rey-Rey and Cena. Especially since even though adults know he's a full-grown adult, I'm willing to bet some of the kids who watch him just think he's a weird lil kid with a beard.

Evil Vito
05-26-2010, 05:20 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Surprised that the spoilers failed to mention that CM Punk is now wearing a mask to prevent anybody from seeing him bald:

http://i50.tinypic.com/i3arky.jpg

I'd have to assume this will lead to Punk vs. Rey in a Mask vs. Mask match, which Rey will obv win and fully expose CM Bald.</font>

Londoner
05-26-2010, 05:57 PM
ah fuck punk has no hair? (didnt watch the ppv)

Volare
05-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Great next it's gonna be Fatal 4 Way Punk vs Mysterio/Mask vs Mask.

Lock Jaw
05-26-2010, 11:05 PM
That's not CM Punk, that's the Mexican Luchadore Que-EM Punque.

Shadrick
05-27-2010, 01:32 AM
I love Serenas ass. And tits.

I would destroy her. My God.

muffalufagus
05-27-2010, 03:34 AM
How long is Rey Rey out for?

Mr. Nerfect
05-27-2010, 07:57 AM

I'm not exactly sure how things work in the WWE, but when you have a guy who moves merchandise like Hornswoggle, I think you'd find there is a general order to find something for him to do.

Seriously want to know what Vince has against Jay Reso.

I wish Christian were made the man, too -- but I think Christian teaming up with Horny will only be good for his WWE stock. The kids LOVE Hornswoggle. Therefore, Christian protecting him and being entertaining while doing so will only get some more mark love in the corner of Captain Charisma.

Maybe it is wishful thinking, but I do believe that Christian is the project on SmackDown!. Alongside Kofi Kingston. I think Hayes is charged with making these guys eventual stars for the WWE (although Christian should have been there five years ago). I can definitely see Christian being the one to dethrone Swagger for the World Heavyweight Title.

This. The whole approach to Hornswoggle on SmackDown! has been different so far. Christian managed to steer the segment in an entertaining direction, and I loved it when Chavo came to the ring and Hornswoggle hid in the box. On RAW, Horny was owning Chavo; but on SmackDown!, Hornswoggle actually seems somewhat afraid of Chavo. I love Chavo, so I'll take whatever credibility he can get.

I'm really curious to see how Matt Striker sells this, by the way. Striker is brilliant, and I loved it when he stood up for Chavo when Todd Grisham was being a typical WWE announcer and making him sound like a joke.

Mr. Nerfect
05-27-2010, 07:59 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Surprised that the spoilers failed to mention that CM Punk is now wearing a mask to prevent anybody from seeing him bald:

http://i50.tinypic.com/i3arky.jpg

I'd have to assume this will lead to Punk vs. Rey in a Mask vs. Mask match, which Rey will obv win and fully expose CM Bald.</font>

I want to know whose idea this is? I get the feeling that Punk has a lot of input into his character. This mask concept is brilliant. It works on the basic heel level of Punk not wanting people to see him bald; but it also works on the level that Punk being masked also comments on Rey Mysterio's culture further. Punk beating up people while wearing a mask also has a bad-ass charm to it.

Punk is all shades of brilliant.

Innovator
05-27-2010, 09:21 AM
How much did he give Delirious for his mask?

Skippord
05-27-2010, 09:31 AM
40$ and a lot of methamphetamine

Shadow
05-27-2010, 02:59 PM
I love Serenas ass. And tits.

I would destroy her. My God.

I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear that.

Skippord
05-27-2010, 06:40 PM
I must say, I'm a fan of the beard/mask combination

Shadrick
05-28-2010, 12:32 AM
I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear that.

:love::love::love:

Damian Rey
05-28-2010, 01:52 AM
Does anyone else feel like the Rey/Punk fued is being drawn out a bit too long? I mean, I'm all for their ring work, becuase they have never had bad match. But it's going to be June soon, and these guys have been fueding since February. I think the hair/SES stip. came a ppv too late.

Either way, I love Punk, and the lack of hair will add another dimension to the already well developed heel he has become. I'm interested in where they are going to go with Rey and Punk post fued.

And I don't get why Christian teaming with Hornswoggle and enetering a fued with Ziggler has people up in arms. Hornswoggle is mad over with the kiddies. Christian siding with and defending him is really going to get the kids over with him. If he can get the kiddies to back him, he's going to be in line for some sort of push. Also, Ziggler's in ring work has been getting better and better in the last year. I personally am excited to see a series of matches between the two.

Also, Swagger's been hot since getting the strap. I would hope that the plan is have him retain at Fatal Four Way.

Ultra Mantis
05-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Grisham Quote of the Week: "(Rey Mysterio) has beaten bigger foes more than a dozen times"

Good show again this week, Gallows also faced MVP which wasnt listed in the spoilers for some reason. Ziggler and Vickie seem to be developing a weird Edge-esque relationship, and the Swog wasnt made to look like a threat, in fact Chavo actually managed to look strong for the first time in recant memory. Punk's use of a mask is also great.

Mr. Nerfect
05-29-2010, 12:33 AM
Another great SmackDown!. Yeah, Luke Gallows and MVP had a match, as well. MVP is actually quite huge. He should change his attire permanently to reflect this. I liked his boxing stuff with Gallows. The two were trying to be different, and there's something admirable in that.

I find it funny that in Rey Mysterio's last few matches with The Undertaker, he's busted him open. It adds to the drama their matches have, in my opinion -- as Rey is much smaller than Taker's other opponents, but he fights like hell. The main event between them was really good.

All the matches were really good. Even the booking of the Hornswoggle stuff was great. The heels dominated him for a short time, Christian came in, but the heels still looked competent. That's something you just don't get on RAW. Also, the Dolph/Vickie relationship is hilarious. Their backstage segment was funny, and I loved how Vickie was just looking lovingly at Ziggler as he violently thrashed around with the Sleeper Hold on Christian.

Skippord
05-29-2010, 01:36 AM
Punk's mask is pretty badass looking

just watching smackdown now