PDA

View Full Version : After Miz/Cole

Swiss Ultimate
05-27-2010, 03:09 PM
what feud/rivalry do you see in Daniel Bryan's future? Perhaps one against the NXT winner?

Ermaximus
05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Danielson joins the SES and all is right with the world. This of course later leads to a 6 month long Punk/Danielson fued that ends at WM XXVII in an Iron Man match.

Swiss Ultimate
05-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Danielson joins the SES and all is right with the world. This of course later leads to a 6 month long Punk/Danielson fued that ends at WM XXVII in an Iron Man match.

The indie fan inside me just splooged all over himself.

Swiss Ultimate
05-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Bryan's current life-style is very much in line with the Straight-Edge model. I could see him joining either as a face or a heel then struggling for power or freedom.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-27-2010, 03:33 PM
He's goin to begin feuding with Rhodes and eventually both will = MVP and Mark Henrys level yet not be used with decent storylines.

Ermaximus
05-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Bryan's current life-style is very much in line with the Straight-Edge model. I could see him joining either as a face or a heel then struggling for power or freedom.

Perhaps at one of the PPV's Danielson can run a gauntlet against the SES? Have him take out Mercury, the Gallows, and then fall short against Punk?

Nark Order
05-27-2010, 03:36 PM
I hope they send him packing to shut everybody up, tbh.

Jordan
05-27-2010, 03:40 PM
I would say as a heel a feud against Big Show would be awesome. Daniel is so much smaller, but he can take him out because he is crafty, it would be a great David vs Goliath feud.

Of course CM Punk and Jericho would be great.

Morrison and R-Truth would be good as well.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Big Show needs to be repackaged.

Jordan
05-27-2010, 04:29 PM
He just got repackaged.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-27-2010, 04:32 PM
lol what? officially moved to Smackdown and told to pick on a smaller heel with a lisp? yeah that's a real solid babyface there!

TheAdamEvansFan
05-27-2010, 04:33 PM
How about a new name, a new outfit, lose about 100 lbs, or get rid of the gut n add muscle. Yeah... It's like Show, Henry, and Kane are all used crappily because of their physical shape.

The Franchise
05-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Big Show needs to be repackaged.

Rumor has it he's as awful of a face as Kane

jskinnyg
05-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Perhaps at one of the PPV's Danielson can run a gauntlet against the SES? Have him take out Mercury, the Gallows, and then fall short against Punk?

Holy shit how did I miss Mercury here?? Is he the frigin' guy in the mask? And how the F did I miss that?

Ermaximus
05-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Holy shit how did I miss Mercury here?? Is he the frigin' guy in the mask? And how the F did I miss that?

:lol: It's "rumored" it's him, but everyone in the IWC pretty much knows it's him.

jskinnyg
05-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Ahh ok... my DVR went to shit so I missed Raw and thought I missed something in the spoilers...

Ermaximus
05-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Ahh ok... my DVR went to shit so I missed Raw and thought I missed something in the spoilers...

They haven't revelaed who he is yet so, you haven't missed anything.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-27-2010, 04:58 PM
wtf is IWC?

Swiss Ultimate
05-27-2010, 04:59 PM
It's Lowki.

Swiss Ultimate
05-27-2010, 05:00 PM
wtf is IWC?

Interior Waste Coach

Inadequacy
05-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Incredible Wasabi Container

jskinnyg
05-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Intense Washing Cycle...

Ermaximus
05-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Inadequate Wrestling Characters. You know, the place where they got Adam Evans from.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Ahe so Chicago?!? That explains alot because CM Punk is from here too! :-)

The Pope
05-27-2010, 05:11 PM
wtf is IWC?

Don West: You've got to be kidding me!

TheAdamEvansFan
05-27-2010, 05:24 PM
The Miz: REALLY? REALLY?
Kurt Angle: Oh, it's real, It's DAMN REAL!

Perry Saturn
05-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Inadequate Wrestling Characters. You know, the place where they got Adam Evans from.

:D:y:

Ruien
05-27-2010, 07:02 PM

Ahe so Chicago?!? That explains alot because CM Punk is from here too! :-)

Please do not bash my city again.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-27-2010, 07:08 PM
My City. Thanks <3

Ruien
05-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but where are you from? I do not mean north/south/west, but off what street/area?

BillyBonez
05-27-2010, 07:29 PM
I want to see a Bryan Vs Undertaker feud where Taker takes Bryan to school and beats some respect into his punk ass but have Bryan cheat to win one match and then Taker completely destroys him.

Swiss Ultimate
05-27-2010, 08:11 PM
I want to see a Bryan Vs Undertaker feud where Taker takes Bryan to school and beats some respect into his punk ass but have Bryan cheat to win one match and then Taker completely destroys him.

I wouldn't mind it. Prefer it to be Jericho VS. Taker though.

Ermaximus
05-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Please do not bash my city again.

If I bashed your city then I apologize. Joke was more meant toward the troll.

Ruien
05-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Meant for him not to claim Chicago as his city, he is the insult. Love you :D

CSL
05-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Don West: You've got to be kidding me!

Nah. Shockingly there are wrestling fans outside of the internet.

Cuzziebro
05-27-2010, 09:06 PM
wtf is IWC?

Interracial Wrestling Connection... Its a small promotion. Not bad for a laugh.

Cuzziebro
05-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Also I would love for 'Daniel Bryan' to turn heel and join the SES. Definitely a mark out moment if this happened.

Ermaximus
05-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Meant for him not to claim Chicago as his city, he is the insult. Love you :D

You're too kind good sir.

XCaliber
05-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Punk is a great choice but should be saved up for leading into a big ppv like Summerslam at the very least.

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Inadequate Wrestling Characters. You know, the guys smarks champion.

Destor
05-28-2010, 01:32 AM
scotty 2 hotty

Swiss Ultimate
05-28-2010, 07:53 AM
scotty 2 hotty

He's still wrestling. I saw him on some local wrestling show. Can't remember the name, basically a bunch of dudes in a bar.

Favre4Ever
05-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Danielson will inevitably be lost in the midcard shuffle for a time.

Swiss Ultimate
05-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Danielson will inevitably be lost in the midcard shuffle for a time.

I don't think so actually.

It's in Vince's best interest to begin focusing a lot more on smaller, more athletic wrestlers who are less likely to abuse drugs and violate the wellness policy.

CM Punk, Bryan Danielson and Evan Bourne (current WWE jobber) are the kinds of wrestlers Vince could invest in without having to worry about them becoming a PR issue like Benoit.

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 08:37 AM
scotty 2 hotty

Ironically, a pisstake on the IWC. Not surprised you missed it though, Des.

tjmidnight420
05-28-2010, 08:41 AM
This is why Ermax is the shit :y:

Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but where are you from? I do not mean north/south/west, but off what street/area?
I'd mark the fuck out if you went to his house and hit him with the G2S Ruien. :shifty:

Favre4Ever
05-28-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't think so actually.

It's in Vince's best interest to begin focusing a lot more on smaller, more athletic wrestlers who are less likely to abuse drugs and violate the wellness policy.

CM Punk, Bryan Danielson and Evan Bourne (current WWE jobber) are the kinds of wrestlers Vince could invest in without having to worry about them becoming a PR issue like Benoit.

I agree with you, but I'll believe it when I see it. Vince's track record in this area isn't very good, and it's only recently(2-3 years) that guys like Punk and Jeff Hardy were elevated to legitimate main event status. I also believe that Vince essentially had no choice but to push those two performers due to fan reaction, much the same way he really to didn't have a choice to bring back Matt Hardy.

Until proven otherwise, I'm assuming Danielson has the deck stacked against him.

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Vince had plenty choice with Punk. The guy pretends to be Straight Edge, something which is insanely in step with them trying to market the Wellness Policy. Why would Vince want to not do that?

Next thing you'll tell me is that Vince was forced to push Cena.

Ermaximus
05-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Vince had plenty choice with Punk. The guy pretends to be Straight Edge, something which is insanely in step with them trying to market the Wellness Policy. Why would Vince want to not do that?

I thought Punk was just simply using a gimmick based on his real life persona? Could have sworn the Straight-Edge gimmick was his idea.

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 11:46 AM
I thought Punk was just simply using a gimmick based on his real life persona? Could have sworn the Straight-Edge gimmick was his idea.

I didn't say he didn't come up with it. I just said he pretended to be it.

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 11:49 AM
More to the point, the idea that Vince felt forced by the fans to push a guy who would be an obvious posterchild for that which he was seeking to portray is utterly ridiculous.

Except he looks like he lives a harder life than Richards and Jagger, but....

Favre4Ever
05-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Point. :$

Ermaximus
05-28-2010, 11:54 AM
I didn't say he didn't come up with it. I just said he pretended to be it.

Ah, ok. I misunderstood then KK. Way to keep on point.

Favre4Ever
05-28-2010, 12:00 PM
I'll take one more crack at this though KK. Vince "didn't have a choice" was a poor choice of words on my part. I don't think Punk was getting pushed only because he was "straight-edge", though that was obviously something working in his favor based on the new wellness policy. Punk was sort of an "anomaly" in that he was great on the mic, great in the ring, got fan reaction AND had a unique gimmick that set him apart from other performers. It was a perfect storm that took him right to the top.

Danielson has maybe two of those things. He's admitted on numerous occasions that his look is bland and that he isn't exactly charismatic. His ring skills have gotten his foot in the door, but it's hard for me to believe he'll get pushed to the top just because he's part of this "new wave" of non drug using wrestlers that are in Vince's "best interest" to push.

Kane Knight
05-28-2010, 05:24 PM
I'll take one more crack at this though KK. Vince "didn't have a choice" was a poor choice of words on my part. I don't think Punk was getting pushed only because he was "straight-edge", though that was obviously something working in his favor based on the new wellness policy. Punk was sort of an "anomaly" in that he was great on the mic, great in the ring, got fan reaction AND had a unique gimmick that set him apart from other performers. It was a perfect storm that took him right to the top.

Danielson has maybe two of those things. He's admitted on numerous occasions that his look is bland and that he isn't exactly charismatic. His ring skills have gotten his foot in the door, but it's hard for me to believe he'll get pushed to the top just because he's part of this "new wave" of non drug using wrestlers that are in Vince's "best interest" to push.

Your other examples are Jeff Hardy, who Vince has always been high on (pardon the pun) and Matt Hardy, who he returned and proceeded to bury.

While Danielson is not likely to get the same kind of push, Punk was not an anomaly in any real sense of the word. Nor was Jeff. And Matt? Well, that should demonstrate how Vince handles being "forced." You know, by giving a hearty "screw you" to the people who were chanting for Matt.

One might as well runwith John Cena, Rey Mysterio, or Sheamus.

Fella.

Swiss Ultimate
05-28-2010, 05:58 PM

I guess I kind of assumed he was really straight-edge. :/

Why do you suspect him of pretending?

Mr. Nerfect
05-30-2010, 08:02 AM
CM Punk was sort of made by Jeff Hardy and his fuck-ups. It seemed like Jeff was the natural choice to win Money in the Bank at WrestleMania XXIV, but when he got suspended, the next logical choice was CM Punk. Chris Jericho could have won, but had just been given the IC Title and was not as over as he could have been. Carlito was thrown into the match so randomly. John Morrison was a tag team guy at that point in time. Shelton Benjamin was Shelton Benjamin. Mr. Kennedy had won it the previous year, but didn't really have too much momentum behind him at that point in time. MVP could have won, but it made just as much sense for Matt Hardy to cost him the match and continue their feud over the United States Title.

So Punk was the defacto winner there, and it made sense for him to cash in and win the big one. From there he pretty much perpetuated as a mid-carder who had a good fan following, allowing him to build up his resume with random title wins. He was also the logical choice for Money in the Bank again the next year. He was in a better position than pretty much everyone, and Christian wasn't going to win because he had just returned to the company. Punk pretty much ghosted to two World Heavyweight Title reigns, and when the fans didn't like him winning it from Jeff Hardy, they ran with the momentum and used the wet-dream heel Punk, and he's been chugging along since then.

Punk being straight-edge helped out, especially with suspensions being the hot topic when Jeff Hardy was bumped as tentative winner in 2008. But so was being good in the ring, a good promo and having a good fan reaction. Punk just sort of naturally rose.

I think Daniel Bryan will do the same thing. He's great in the ring, can talk when he needs to, and this NXT has gotten him quite over. Making The Miz tap-out will be the first step. Then it's onto Chris Jericho, I think. Jericho and Bryan have interacted before, and there's that current Miz-Jericho connection. I think Bryan will take off as a face by this point. Then it'll be some random matches against heels, before he gets involved in the themed stuff for Bragging Rights and such. Also, when SmackDown! changes networks in October or whenever, I could see them moving Daniel Bryan to SmackDown! to hopefully continue his development there.