PDA

View Full Version : Edge Retiring in 2 Years?

BigCrippyZ
06-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Asheville, NC's Citizen Times spoke with Edge, who recently moved to the area, to promote an upcoming RAW live event there. Edge said the following about his career:

“I'm coming up on my 20th year, and I've definitely had some injuries that have shortened my career. That's part of the reason I bought up here — we want to retire and listen to the wind in the trees, and we want to do it fairly soon. I may have two more years. With each injury, it's harder and harder to come back.”

I can't believe he may be gone in 2 years. :(

tjmidnight420
06-03-2010, 01:16 PM
That sucks.

Jeritron
06-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Edge strikes me as the type to retire from fulltime at a reasonable age, and stick to it, but occasionally return for big matches or short runs.
As long as he doesn't get the big sendoff, which he won't, I'm all for that.

Afterlife
06-03-2010, 01:27 PM
I'd say he's earned a pleasant retirement.

James Steele
06-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Damn, that made me realize just how long I have been watching wrestling.

Nicky Fives
06-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Edge strikes me as the type to retire from fulltime at a reasonable age, and stick to it, but occasionally return for big matches or short runs.
As long as he doesn't get the big sendoff, which he won't, I'm all for that.

I see him as the type that once he is gone, he will not ever return..... but that's just me..... either way, I think he has more than 2 years left in him

erickman
06-03-2010, 02:01 PM
I see him as the type that once he is gone, he will not ever return..... but that's just me..... either way, I think he has more than 2 years left in him

he would be rare most wrestleres are in the bussness till they die, flair said it best he will wrestle till he jumps off the ring rope and turn to dust.

Londoner
06-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Damn, sad too hear yet another ones retiring soon but obviously understandable.

Hanso Amore
06-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Its reall sad considering he didnt really hit the top until 2005 and spent most of the last 5 years injured.

Rollermacka
06-03-2010, 02:37 PM

Yup, and I cant believe Terry Funk announced his retirement in 1997 :shifty:

jskinnyg
06-03-2010, 04:09 PM
That does suck hugE! Good thing my Grandmother lives in ol' Asheville... Have to make a visit... heh...

Krimzon7
06-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I cant believe Edge is gonna live like three hours from me. I will totally stalk his ass. We can go the the Biltmore, fishing, horseback riding...

Seriously, The Biltmore is gorgeous.

I'm a definite Edge Mark, would suck to see him go, but it's time to realize that the WWE is in pretty decent shape. hopefully I will get the opportunity to see Edge/JoMo in a ME feud before he's done.

jskinnyg
06-03-2010, 04:16 PM
We could go to the Orange Peel, catch a show, have a few beers... I'll meet you guys there...

erickman
06-03-2010, 04:21 PM
That does suck hugE! Good thing my Grandmother lives in ol' Asheville... Have to make a visit... heh...

thats the funny thing all the good wrestlers that live or moved to this area, the best we can get is house shows maby twice a year.

jskinnyg
06-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I live in Charlotte and we get RAW & SM sometimes, but the Asheville Civic arena needs a major overhaul if they want the big shows... It's pretty old and small...

Volare
06-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Damn, that made me realize just how long I have been watching wrestling.

Yeah, I just watched his match at Summerslam 98'.

Krimzon7
06-03-2010, 04:29 PM
I live in Charlotte and we get RAW & SM sometimes, but the Asheville Civic arena needs a major overhaul if they want the big shows... It's pretty old and small...

Dude, do you remember the Ghostriders? They were there for like two weeks? I played for them. I also played for the Asheville Grizzlies.

Nicky Fives
06-03-2010, 04:31 PM
he would be rare most wrestleres are in the bussness till they die, flair said it best he will wrestle till he jumps off the ring rope and turn to dust.

But my guess is that Edge doesn't have to wrestle at 60 years old because he blew all of his money on divorces, booze and drugs.....

erickman
06-03-2010, 04:33 PM

yeah you get them all the time in our area i live in the tri cities the tv shows ether go to charlotte or knoxville

erickman
06-03-2010, 04:36 PM
But my guess is that Edge doesn't have to wrestle at 60 years old because he blew all of his money on divorces, booze and drugs.....

edge likes the women look at what hapend with him an lita.

jskinnyg
06-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Dude, do you remember the Ghostriders? They were there for like two weeks? I played for them. I also played for the Asheville Grizzlies.

Yeah I remember them... Grew up in Waynesville and used to watch the Grizzlies all the time with my Dad... They're the Smoke now right?

Next Big Thing
06-03-2010, 06:14 PM
I remember watching Sexton Hardcastle job to Kevin Sullivan. Never thought that guy would ever see the main event. Are he and Matt friendly again. Seems kind of close to Hardy country.

The Pope
06-03-2010, 06:15 PM
He's going to TNA for a lighter schedule. :(

Krimzon7
06-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Yeah I remember them... Grew up in Waynesville and used to watch the Grizzlies all the time with my Dad... They're the Smoke now right?

Honestly, I'm not sure. It's been a minute since I spoke with the owner/coach. He's been really sick....

I'm gonna call him now:wavesad:

Volare
06-03-2010, 08:43 PM
I live in Fayetteville.

Volare
06-03-2010, 08:44 PM

I live in Fayetteville...you should've seen when RAW was here. Crown Coliseum is small as hell.

Kane Knight
06-03-2010, 08:58 PM
WOOHOO!

*does a snoopy dance*

DLVH84
06-03-2010, 11:41 PM
I remember watching Sexton Hardcastle job to Kevin Sullivan. Never thought that guy would ever see the main event. Are he and Matt friendly again. Seems kind of close to Hardy country.

Or how about Meng/Haku?

XCaliber
06-04-2010, 12:11 AM
That sucks harsh but at least he will be going out shortly after his prime rather than holding talent down like some people it's amazing to think how far he's come in the last few years alone.

Krimzon7
06-04-2010, 12:13 AM
I live in Fayetteville...you should've seen when RAW was here. Crown Coliseum is small as hell.

I spent a year playing with the Fayetville Guard

DAMN iNATOR
06-04-2010, 03:47 AM

Yup, and I cant believe Terry Funk announced his retirement in 1997 :shifty:

I can't believe it's not butter.

Nicky Fives
06-04-2010, 10:18 AM
edge likes the women look at what hapend with him an lita.

sure he likes 'the women', but he never married Lita...... thus no costly divorce.....

Rammsteinmad
06-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Only treatment for various STDs instead.

erickman
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
sure he likes 'the women', but he never married Lita...... thus no costly divorce.....

he did divorce vals sister though

Mr. JL
06-05-2010, 10:35 PM
The man has had a lot of injuries.

I highly doubt he will retire in two years though.

The only way I see this happening if if he has a another big, devastating injury.

Fox
06-06-2010, 03:16 AM
I can definitely see him retiring in 2-3 years from now. He's done it all: World, WWE, IC, US, and Tag Team Championships, King of the Ring, Royal Rumble winner, WrestleMania main eventer, first Money in the Bank winner, reinvigorated the Ladder Match scene, basically dominated every TLC match he was ever in. He's feuded with all of the "greats" that he could've possibly feuded with at this point (the injured/retired obviously not counting) aside from Triple H.

The only things I really see him doing to finalize his career in the WWE are wrestling an Iron Man Match (which I think he is perfectly capable of doing), having a decent feud with Triple H, and maybe starting his own stable. Who knows, maybe he'll be like Chris Jericho and decide to hang around to help bring up the new guys, but after his series of serious injuries and surgeries, I can see Edge calling it an early retirement and coming back for random appearances.

Mr. JL
06-06-2010, 03:55 AM
Wait... has Edge actually won a Royal Rumble?

Mr. JL
06-06-2010, 03:58 AM
Wow, just googled it. I am out of touch with the WWE product.

Testicle
06-06-2010, 09:21 AM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif I got a weird feeling....
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #336699; COLOR: #336699" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->...that edge will be retired in no more than two years.

He is turning 36 this year. He has a list of injuries that almost no wrestler can compare to (broken neck, collar bone, jaw, knee issues, pectorals), his body is starting to give out on him.

He has achived everything that he possibly could have every imagined... king of the ring, 11-time tag-team champion, 5-time intercontinetal champion, and now he is a 9-time world champion (who would've thought that 3.5 years ago) and hes main-evented wrestlemania.

Do you really think that he will be around in more than 2 years?

Testicle
06-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Totally called this about a year ago. Guess I should've said three.

Kane Knight
06-06-2010, 11:40 AM
The man has had a lot of injuries.

I highly doubt he will retire in two years though.

The only way I see this happening if if he has a another big, devastating injury.
Since he seems to average three injuries a year, I like those odds.

And no, I'm not "liking the thought of Edge getting hurt."

Favre4Ever
06-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Edge will wrestle until he's 60.

Rollermacka
04-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Lol, this was pretty close

NoRoolz
04-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Favre4Ever wasn't.